As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Twilight Imperium - Game 6: Round 9 - Game Over!

• Options
    MrBodyMrBody Registered User regular
    Dock on Jord
    2/2/2

• Options
    MrBlarneyMrBlarney Registered User regular
    @Phyphor and @discrider to play or pass on the Construction secondary.

4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Options
    discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    edited January 2021
    Pass - sorry for the delay, had the resolution order wrong

discrider on
  • Options
    PhyphorPhyphor Building Planet Busters Tasting FruitRegistered User regular
    Pass

• Options
    edited January 2021
    activate jol nar. Move in everything from arnor-lor and dal bootha-xxehan

Soak first PDS on dread, then on carrier, then on fighter

Assault cannon first, disabling their cannon then activate all infantry for the battle. Take duranium armor

Phyphor on
  • Options
    KetarKetar Come on upstairs we're having a partyRegistered User regular
    Not playing any cards or anything, so take it away MrBlarney.

• Options
    Sorry about the delay on resolution!

Round 6 - Battle at Jol-Nar Home System

Pre-combat effects

Jol-Nar has 2 PDS for Space Cannon Defense. +1 die for Plasma Scoring.

Geth roll 3d10t6 for Jol-Nar Space Cannon Defense

Jol-Nar Space Cannon Defense:
    3d10t6 2 [3d10t6=4, 10, 8]

4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Options
    edited January 2021
    Jol-Nar scores two hits, damaging 1 Nekro Dreadnought II and 1 Nekro Advanced Carrier.

Nekro uses Assault Cannon, destroying 1 Jol-Nar Destroyer.

Nekro has 1 Destroyer for Anti-Fighter Baarrage.
    Jol-Nar has 2 Destroyers for Anti-Fighter Barrage.

Geth roll 4d10t9 for Jol-Nar Anti-Fighter Barrage

Jol-Nar Anti-Fighter Barrage:
    4d10t9 1 [4d10t9=9, 1, 2, 5]

MrBlarney on
    4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Options
    Whoops, forgot the Nekro rolls.

Geth roll 2d10t9 for Nekro Anti-Fighter Barrage

Nekro Anti-Fighter Barrage:
    2d10t9 0 [2d10t9=5, 1]

4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Options
    Jol-Nar scores one hit, destroying 1 Nekro Fighter.

Nekro uses Flagship "The Alastor" to treat all of their Infantry in the system as ships for the duration of the combat.

Combat Round 1

Nekro has Flagship "The Alastor", 1 Dreadnought II (damaged), 1 Destroyer, 2 Advanced Carrier IIs (1 damaged), 1 Fighter, and 10 Infantry.
    Jol-Nar has 2 Destroyers and 4 Fighters. -1 to hit due to Fragile.

Geth roll 2d10t9+1d10t5+1d10t9+2d10t9+1d10t9+10d10t8 for Nekro
    Geth roll 2d10t10+4d10t10 for Jol-Nar

Nekro:
    2d10t9+1d10t5+1d10t9+2d10t9+1d10t9+10d10t8 6 [2d10t9=10, 2] [1d10t5=2] [1d10t9=9] [2d10t9=8, 3] [1d10t9=7] [10d10t8=10, 8, 10, 2, 10, 4, 3, 1, 5, 4]
    Jol-Nar:
    2d10t10+4d10t10 1 [2d10t10=3, 8] [4d10t10=1, 9, 4, 10]

4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Options
    Nekro scores 6 hits, destroying 2 Jol-Nar Destroyers and 4 Fighters. Nekro uses Technological Singularity to gain Duranium Armor.
    Jol-Nar scores 1 hit.

@Phyphor to assign one hit and choose a unit on which to apply Duranium Armor.
    Then, your tactical action continues.

4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Options
    @Phyphor, your action choices?

4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Options
    Whoops forgot to hit post

Here's where I wish i took the unveil flagship objective

Soak it on the other carrier

Drop 6 on nar
    Drop 2 on jol

After battle spawn an infantry. Steal x-89 I guess?

• Options
    Round 6 - Invasion of Jol and Nar

Jol-Nar has 1 PDS on each planet for Space Cannon Defense.

Geth roll 1d10t6 for Jol PDS
    Geth roll 1d10t6 for Nar PDS

Jol PDS:
    1d10t6 1 [1d10t6=8]
    Nar PDS:
    1d10t6 1 [1d10t6=10]

4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Options
    edited January 2021
    Both PDS shots hit; Nekro loses 1 Infantry on each planet.

Nekro establishes control of Jol; 1 Jol-Nar Space Dock and 1 PDS is destroyed.

Combat Round 1 - Nar

Nekro has 5 Infantry.
    Jol-Nar has 1 Infantry. -1 to hit due to Fragile.

Geth roll 5d10t8 for Nekro
    Geth roll 1d10t8 for Jol-Nar

Nekro:
    5d10t8 1 [5d10t8=3, 5, 2, 1, 8]
    Jol-Nar:
    1d10t8 0 [1d10t8=6]

MrBlarney on
    4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Options
    edited January 2021
    Nekro scores 1 hit, destroying 1 Jol-Nar Infantry.
    Combat resolves in favor of Nekro; 1 Jol-Nar Space Dock and 1 PDS is destroyed.
    Nekro uses Dacxive Animators to gain 1 Infantry on Nar.
    Nekro uses Technological Singularity to gain X-89 Bacterial Weapon.

That closes out the Nekro turn; action is now on @MrBody for Sol.

MrBlarney on
    4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Options
    Oh and it's probably not relevant but use duranium armor on the dread

• Options
    Diplomacy
    Place CC tokens in Jord

Don't think anyone can use the secondaries

• Options
    edited January 2021
    I can, and will, to refresh jol + nar

1/6/1

Phyphor on
  • Options
    Pass if it needs to be said

• Options
    It would be @Ketar next if there's no-one else who can trigger the secondary

• Options
    Sitting outside an ER vet while one of our cats gets checked out. It's been a super shit day. I'll probably get my move up tomorrow morning.

• Options
    edited February 2021
    Round 6: Action Phase Update 1

The Naalu Collective: Play the primary ability of the (4) Construction Strategy Card, placing a Space Dock and PDS on Starpoint.
    Sol plays on the secondary (SP 3 --> 2), activating the Sol Home System and placing a Space Dock on Jord.
    Nekro Virus: Activate the Jol-Nar Home System. (SP 2 --> 1)
    Jol-Nar uses racial technology E-Res Siphons to gain 4 Trade Goods (TG 16 --> 20)
    Move in Flagship "The Alastor", 1 Carrier, and 5 Infantry from Dal Bootha-Xxehan and 1 Dreadnought, 1 Destroyer, 1 Carrier, 2 Fighters, and 5 Infantry from Arnor-Lor.
    Jol-Nar space cannon defense damages 1 Nekro Dreadnought and 1 Carrier.
    During space combat, Nekro loses 1 Fighter and damages 1 Carrier, while Jol-Nar loses 3 Destroyers and 4 Fighters; combat resolves in favor of Nekro.
    Nekro uses Technological Singularity to gain Duranium Armor, repairing 1 Dreadnought at the end of the first combat round.
    Land 6 Infantry on Nar and 2 Infantry on Jol.
    Jol-Nar Space Cannon Defense destroys 1 Nekro Infantry on both Nar and Jol.
    During invasion combat on Nar, Nekro suffers no losses, while Jol-Nar loses 1 Infantry; combat resolves in favor of Nekro.
    Nekro uses Technological Singularity to gain X-89 Bacterial Weapon.
    1 Jol-Nar Space Dock and 1 PDS on Nar are destroyed.
    Nekro uses Dacxive Animators to gain 1 Infantry on Nar.
    Nekro takes control of Jol, destroying 1 Jol-Nar Space Dock and 1 PDS.
    Federation of Sol: Play the primary ability of the (2) Diplomacy Strategy Card, placing one command counter from each other player into the Sol Home System.
    Nekro plays on the secondary (TP 2 --> 1), refreshing Jol and Nar.

Current Map: Round 6, Action Phase Update 1

Current Technologies

Victory Points and Objectives
    Federation of Sol: 7 VP
    The Naalu Collective: 4 VP
    The Winnu: 3 VP
    Universities of Jol-Nar: 2 VP
    The Ghosts of Creuss: 2 VP
    Nekro Virus: 1 VP

Public Objectives
    Negotiate Trade Routes (1 VP): Spend 5 Trade Goods.: Naalu, Winnu
    Diversify Research (1 VP): Own 2 technologies in each of 2 colors.: Sol, Jol-Nar, Winnu, Naalu, Creuss
    Erect a Monument (1 VP): Spend 8 resources.: Naalu, Creuss
    Corner the Market (1 VP): Control 4 planets that each have the same planet trait.: Jol-Nar, Nekro
    Found Research Outposts (1 VP): Control 3 planets that have technology specialties.
    Unify the Colonies (2 VP): Control 6 planets that each have the same planet trait.
    Lead from the Front (1 VP): Spend a total of 3 tokens from your Tactic and/or Strategy pools.: Sol
    Master the Sciences (2 VP): Own 2 technologies in each of 4 colors.
    3 Stage II Objectives remain in the deck.

Secret Objectives
    The Winnu: 2 Secret Objectives in hand.
    Universities of Jol-Nar: 2 Secret Objectives in hand.
    The Ghosts of Creuss: 1 Secret Objective in hand.
    Nekro Virus: 1 Secret Objective in hand.
    Federation of Sol: 0 Secret Objectives in hand, 1 claimed:
    Fuel the War Machine (Status Phase, 1 VP): Have 3 Space Docks on the game board.
    The Naalu Collective: 3 Secret Objectives in hand.

Special Objectives
    Custodians of Mecatol Rex (1 VP): Claimed by Sol in Round 2.
    Seed of an Empire (1 VP): Gained by Sol in Round 2.
    Imperial Primary (1 VP): Gained by Sol in Round 3.
    Winnu Support for the Throne (1 VP): Held by Naalu (Round 4).
    Naalu Support for the Throne (1 VP): Held by Winnu (Round 4).
    Imperial Primary (1 VP): Gained by Sol in Round 5.

The Winnu (discrider)
    Commodities: 0 / 3
    Trade Goods: 0
    Action Cards: 2

Tactic Pool: 2
    Fleet Pool: 4
    Strategy Pool: 1

Promissory Notes: Naalu Ceasefire, Naalu Support for the Throne (Trade Agreement, Acquiescence)
    Technology: Sarween Tools, Graviton Laser System, Hegemonic Trade Policy, Plasma Scoring, Duranium Armor, Assault Cannon, PDS II, War Sun

Worlds:
    R - Winnu (3R, 4I)
    R - Arinam (Industrial, 1R, 2I)
    R - Mellon (Cultural, 0R, 2I)
    R - Thibah (Industrial, 1R, 1I, B)
    R - Zohbat (Hazardous, 3R, 1I)

Other Racial Data:
    - Flagship: Salai Sai Corian: Combat Value 7 (x?), Movement 1, Carry Capacity 3. Sustain Damage. When this unit makes a combat roll, it rolls a number of dice equal to the number of your opponent's non-Fighter ships in this system.
    - Racial Technology: Lazax Gate Folding (Blue, requires 2 Blue): During your Tactical Actions, if you do not control Mecatol Rex, treat its system as if it contains both an Alpha and Beta wormhole. Action: If you control Mecatol Rex, exhaust this card to place 1 Infantry from your reinforcements on Mecatol Rex.
    - Racial Technology: Hegemonic Trade Policy (Yellow, requires 2 Yellow): Exhaust this card when 1 or more of your units use Production; swap the resource and influence value of 1 planet you control until the end of your turn.
    - Blood Ties: You do not have to spend influence to remove the Custodians token from Mecatol Rex.
    - Reclamation: After you resolve a Tactical Action during which you gained control of Mecatol Rex, you may place 1 PDS and 1 Space Dock from your reinforcements on Mecatol Rex.
    - Racial Promissory Note: Acquiescence: At the end of the Strategy Phase: Exchange 1 of your Strategy Cards with a Strategy Card that was chosen by the Winnu player. Then, return this card to the Winnu player.

Universities of Jol-Nar (Ketar)
    Commodities: 0 / 4
    Trade Goods: 20
    Action Cards: 3

Tactic Pool: 4
    Fleet Pool: 7
    Strategy Pool: 3

Promissory Notes: Creuss Ceasefire, Winnu Political Secret (Ceasefire, Trade Agreement, Political Secret, Support for the Throne, Research Agreement)
    Technology: Neural Motivator, Hyper Metabolism, X-89 Bacterial Weapon, Antimass Deflectors, Gravity Drive, Light/Wave Deflector, Sarween Tools, E-Res Siphons, Plasma Scoring, Duranium Armor, Assault Cannon, Dreadnought II, Carrier II

Worlds:
    R - Lodor (Cultural, 3R, 1I)

Other Racial Data:
    - Flagship: J.N.S. Hylarim: Combat Value 6 (x2), Movement 1, Carry Capacity 3. Sustain Damage. When making a combat roll for this ship, each (pre-modified) roll of 9 or 10 produces 2 additional hits.
    - Racial Technology: Spacial Conduit Cylinder (Blue, requires 2 Blue): You may exhaust this card after you activate a system that contains 1 or more of your units; that system is adjacent to all other systems that contain 1 or more of your units during this activation.
    - Racial Technology: E-Res Siphons (Yellow, requires 2 Yellow): After another player activates a system that contains 1 or more of your ships, gain 4 Trade Goods.
    - Fragile: Apply -1 to the result of each of your units' combat rolls.
    - Brilliant: When you spend a command token to resolve the secondary ability of the Technology Strategy card, you may resolve the primary ability instead.
    - Analytical: When you research a technology that is not a unit upgrade technology, you may ignore 1 prerequisite.
    - Racial Promissory Note: Research Agreement: After the Jol-Nar researches a technology that is not a faction technology: Gain that technology. Then, return this card to the Jol-Nar player.

The Ghosts of Creuss (A Half Eaten Oreo)
    Trade Goods: 4
    Action Cards: 3

Tactic Pool: 3
    Fleet Pool: 2
    Strategy Pool: 3

Promissory Notes: (Trade Agreement, Political Secret, Support for the Throne)
    Technology: Gravity Drive, Antimass Deflectors, Sarween Tools, Graviton Laser System, Plasma Scoring, Dimensional Splicer, PDS II

Worlds:
    R - Creuss (4R, 2I)
    R - Tar'mann (Industrial, 1R, 1I, G)
    R - Vefut II (Hazardous, 2R, 2I)

Other Racial Data:
    - Flagship: Hil Colish: Combat Value 5, Movement 1, Carry Capacity 3. Sustain Damage. This ship's system contains a Delta wormhole. During movement, this ship may move before or after your other ships.
    - Racial Technology: Dimensional Splicer (Red, requires 1 Red): At the start of Space Combat in a system that contains a wormhole and 1 or more of your ships, you may produce 1 hit and assign it to 1 of your opponent's ships.
    - Racial Technology: Wormhole Generator (Blue, requires 2 Blue): At the start of the Status Phase, place or move a Creuss wormhole token into either a system that contains a planet you control or a non-home system that does not contain another player's ships.
    - Quantum Entanglement: You treat all systems that contain either an Alpha or Beta wormhole as adjacent to each other. Game effects cannot prevent you from using this ability.
    - Slipstream: During your Tactical Actions, apply +1 to the movement value of each of your ships that starts its movement in your home system or in a system that contains either an Alpha or Beta wormhole.
    - Creuss Gate: When the board is created, the Creuss Gate is placed where your home system would normally be placed. The Creuss Gate system is not a home system; your home system is placed in your play area.
    - Racial Promissory Note: Creuss IFF: At the start of your turn during the Action Phase: Place or move a Creuss wormhole token into either a system that contains a planet you control or a non-home system that does not contain another player's ships. Then, return this card to the Creuss player.

Nekro Virus (Phyphor)
    Trade Goods: 5
    Action Cards: 4

Tactic Pool: 1
    Fleet Pool: 6
    Strategy Pool: 1

Promissory Notes: Naalu Trade Agreement, Creuss Creuss IFF, Naalu Gift of Prescience (Ceasefire, Trade Agreement, Political Secret, Support for the Throne)
    Technology: Dacxive Animators, Hyper Metabolism, X-89 Bacterial Weapon, Gravity Drive, Light/Wave Deflector, Sarween Tools, Plasma Scoring, Assault Cannon, Duranium Armor, Advanced Carrier II via Valefar Assimilator X (Valefar Assimilator Y), Dreadnought II

Worlds:
    R - Mordai II (4R, 0I)
    R - Jol (1R, 2I)
    R - Nar (2R, 3I)
    R - Arnor (Industrial, 2R, 1I)
    R - Bereg (Hazardous, 3R, 1I)
    R - Centauri (Cultural, 1R, 3I)
    R - Dal Bootha (Cultural, 0R, 2I)
    R - Gral (Industrial, 1R, 1I, B)
    R - Lirta IV (Hazardous, 2R, 3I)
    R - Lor (Industrial, 1R, 2I)
    R - Meer (Hazardous, 0R, 4I, R)
    R - Tequ'ran (Hazardous, 2R, 0I)
    R - Torkan (Cultural, 0R, 3I)
    R - Xxehan (Cultural, 1R, 1I)

Other Racial Data:
    - Flagship: The Alastor: Combat Value 9 (x2), Movement 1, Carry Capacity 3. Sustain Damage. At the start of a Space Combat, choose any number of your ground forces in this system to participate in that combat as if they were ships.
    - Racial Technology: Valefar Assimilator X (colorless): When you would gain another player's technology using 1 of your faction's abilities, you may place the "X" assimilator on a faction technology owned by that player instead. While that token is on a technology, this card gains that technology's text. You cannot place an assimilator token on technology that already has an assimilator token.
    - Racial Technology: Valefar Assimilator Y (colorless): When you would gain another player's technology using 1 of your faction's abilities, you may place the "X" assimilator on a faction technology owned by that player instead. While that token is on a technology, this card gains that technology's text. You cannot place an assimilator token on technology that already has an assimilator token.
    - Galactic Threat: You cannot vote on Agendas. Once per Agenda Phase, after an Agenda is revealed, you may predict aloud the outcome of that Agenda. If your prediction is correct, gain 1 technology that is owned by a player who voted how you predicted.
    - Technological Singularity: Once per combat, after 1 of your opponent's units is destroyed, you may gain 1 technology that is owned by that player.
    - Propagation: You cannot research technology. When you would research a technology, gain 3 command tokens instead.
    - Racial Promissory Note: Antivirus: At the start of a combat: Place this card faceup in your play area. While this card is in your play area, the Nekro player cannot use his "Technological Singularity" faction ability against you. If you activate a system that contains 1 or more of the Nekro player's units, return this card to the Nekro player.

Federation of Sol (MrBody)
    Trade Goods: 5
    Action Cards: 4

Tactic Pool: 2
    Fleet Pool: 2
    Strategy Pool: 2

Promissory Notes: (Ceasefire, Trade Agreement, Political Secret, Support for the Throne)
    Technology: Antimass Deflectors, Gravity Drive, Neural Motivator, Dacxive Animators, Hyper Metabolism, Advanced Carrier II, Fighter II

Worlds:
    R - Jord (4R, 2I)
    R - Mecatol Rex (1R, 6I)
    R - Coorneeq (Cultural, 1R, 2I)
    R - Mehar Xull (Hazardous, 1R, 3I, R)
    R - Resculon (Cultural, 2R, 0I)
    R - Saudor (Industrial, 2R, 2I)
    R - Wellon (Industrial, 1R, 2I, Y)

Other Racial Data:
    - Racial Unit: Advanced Carrier (Carrier): As Carrier, but Carry Capacity 6.
    - Racial Unit: Spec Ops (Infantry): As Infantry, but Combat Value 7.
    - Flagship: Genesis: Combat Value 5 (x2), Movement 1, Carry Capacity 12. Sustain Damage. At the end of the Status Phase, place 1 Infantry from your reinforcements in this system's space area.
    - Racial Technology: Spec Ops II (unit upgrade, requires 2 Green): As Infantry, but Combat Value 6. After this unit is destroyed, roll 1 die. If the result is 5 or greater, place the unit on this card. At the start of your next turn, place each unit that is on this card on a planet you control in your home system.
    - Racial Technology: Advanced Carrier II (unit upgrade, requires 2 Blue): As Carrier, but Movement 2, Capacity 8. Sustain Damage.
    - Orbital Drop: Action: Spend 1 token from your Strategy pool to place 2 Infantry from your reinforcements on 1 planet you control.
    - Versatile: When you gain command tokens during the Status Phase, gain 1 additional command token.
    - Racial Promissory Note: Military Support: At the start of the Sol player's turn: Remove 1 token from the Sol player's Strategy pool, if able, and return it to his reinforcements. Then, you may place 2 Infantry from your reinforcements on any planet you control. Then, return this card to the Sol player.

The Naalu Collective (38thDoe) SPEAKER
    Trade Goods: 12
    Action Cards: 5

Tactic Pool: 4
    Fleet Pool: 4
    Strategy Pool: 4

Promissory Notes: Winnu Ceasefire, Winnu Support for the Throne, Nekro Antivirus (Political Secret)
    Technology: Neural Motivator, Hyper Metabolism, Neuroglaive, Sarween Tools, Antimass Deflectors, Light/Wave Deflector, Hybrid Crystal Fighter II, Carrier II, Infantry II

Worlds:
    R - Maaluuk (0R, 2I)
    R - Druaa (3R, 1I)
    R - New Albion (Industrial, 1R, 1I, G)
    R - Quann (Cultural, 2R, 1I)
    R - Qucen'n (Industrial, 1R, 2I)
    R - Rarron (Cultural, 0R, 3I)
    R - Starpoint (Hazardous, 3R, 1I)

Other Racial Data:
    - Racial Unit: Hybrid Crystal Fighter (Fighter): As Fighter, but Combat Value 8.
    - Flagship: Matriarch: Combat Value 9 (x2), Movement 1, Carry Capacity 6. Sustain Damage. During an invasion in this system, you may commit Fighters to planets as if they were ground forces. When combat ends, return those units to the space area.
    - Racial Technology: Hybrid Crystal Fighter II (unit upgrade, requires 1 Green and 1 Blue): As Fighter, but Combat Value 7, Movement 2. Does not need to be Carried; each Fighter in excess of your ships' Capacity counts as 1/2 of a ship against your Fleet pool.
    - Racial Technology: Neuroglaive (Green, requires 3 Green): After another player activates a system that contains 1 or more of your ships, that player removes 1 token from his Fleet pool and returns it to his reinforcements.
    - Telepathic: At the end of the Strategy Phase, place the Naalu "0" token on the Strategy Card; you are first in initiative order.
    - Foresight: After another player moves ships into a system that contains 1 or more of your ships, you may place 1 token from your Strategy pool in an adjacent system that does not contain another player's ships; move your ships from the active system into that system.
    - Racial Promissory Note: Gift of Prescience: At the end of the Strategy Phase: place this card face up in your play area and place the Naalu "0" token on your Strategy Card; you are first in initiative order. The Naalu player cannot use his "Telepathic" faction ability during this game round. Return this card to the Naalu player at the end of the Status Phase.

Ongoing Game Effects
    Minister of Commerce - Held by Naalu. When Naalu replenishes commodities, they gain 1 Trade Good for each other player that is their neighbor.
    Minister of War - Held by Naalu. After performing an action, Naalu may discard this card to remove 1 of their command tokens from the game board and return it to their reinforcements; then, they may perform 1 additional action.
    Wormhole Reconstruction - All systems that contain either an alpha or beta wormhole are adjacent to each other.

Order of Play
    The Naalu Collective (38thDoe) - (0) Construction
    Nekro Virus (Phyphor) - (1) Leadership
    Federation of Sol (MrBody) - (2) Diplomacy
    Universities of Jol-Nar (Ketar) - (3) Politics Current Player
    The Winnu (discrider) - (6) Warfare
    The Ghosts of Creuss (A Half Eaten Oreo) - (7) Technology

MrBlarney on
    4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Options
    Hope everything went ok @Ketar

• Options
    I know the feeling. I had a September vet ER situation and it was the worst.
    Had to undergo a colon unblocking. Then weeks later he stopped eating and lost 20% of his body weight in 4 days.

Choices on the table were $2000 in tests that might or might not find anything, and/or a $3000 surgery to remove his colon.

All we could afford at that point was the minimum appetite stimulation pills and vitamin injections. Luckily that got him immediately eating again and he got all the weight back. Now he's doing better than ever.

Days of not eating
    r2sk7a0obefg.jpg

Now
    r0lusj145vz1.jpg
    tpy18fl93ufv.jpg

Back to boardgaming
    0g4thwteiz0c.jpg

• Options
    Activate Rock Block. Bring in everything from the Lodor system.

@38thDoe

• Options
    edited January 2021
    Now that's just mean. Popping a flagship with assault cannon

Phyphor on
  • Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    I was about to say good a spot as any for a fight but yeah I could use my flagship for things.

38thDoE on steam
    πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€

• Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    Relocate fleet to No Man's void.

38thDoE on steam

• Options
  • Options
    edited January 2021
    @38thDoe, how do you plan on doing that? There's no "anchor point" (a friendly unit or planet) in the No Man's Void system for you to retreat to. (You don't need an anchor point with Skilled Retreat.) Also, note that Assault Cannon will trigger prior to the first round of combat, so there's actually no way to protect your Flagship from Assault Cannon fire. Please submit revised orders (for at least the start of combat).

MrBlarney on
    4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Options
    Presumably using naalu racial

- Foresight: After another player moves ships into a system that contains 1 or more of your ships, you may place 1 token from your Strategy pool in an adjacent system that does not contain another player's ships; move your ships from the active system into that system.

• Options
    Does this not stop assault cannon? I'm unclear on timing in this game.

Foresight: After another player moves ships into a system that contains 1 or more of your ships, you may place 1 token from your Strategy pool in an adjacent system that does not contain another player's ships; move your ships from the active system into that system.

38thDoE on steam

• Options
    No, that's the information I needed. Foresight avoids the combat entirely, but it requires the spending of a strategy token. Should be all squared away for discrider to take their turn.

4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Options
    Jol-Nar has to shed a fleet token but they have a huge stack of them in an incredibly obvious prelude to an all out attack on me that I completely missed. Not looking forward to the after action reporting on this game.

38thDoE on steam

• Options
    I think it was more they just had a shitton of tokens, and they picked the sector that's probably the most annoying for me to get to

• Options
    Phyphor wrote: Β»
    I think it was more they just had a shitton of tokens, and they picked the sector that's probably the most annoying for me to get to

That was a very small factor - I don't particularly want to try to hang on for 2 more months of this. It was more about the chance to take out a flagship and me being annoyed at Naalu for trading their racial to you. And also me having no idea that they had that racial retreat ability.

The huge stack of fleet tokens had nothing to do with you, Naalu. That was supposed to be for building up a big fleet at home to go out in a blaze of glory. But I wasn't paying enough attention to the possible timing of things, alas.

• Options
    Deuce (our younger cat) turned out to have a urinary tract infection and should be fine. Thanks for the concern. The dots and occasional small puddles of bloody urine all over the place were pretty disconcerting yesterday, along with him being very much not himself and clearly miserable. He's not a fan of the painkiller I have to give him every 8 hours, but he's doing a lot better already.

• Options
    Poor kitty

• Options
    Activate MR
    Move in everything bar the carrier in from Arinam Meer
    Destroy the Cruiser due to fleet limits.
    Commence Bombard with plasma scoring on the war Sun for an extra die there.
    @MrBody and @MrBlarney

My CCs should be now 1/4/1