As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Assassin's Creed]: Mirage almost out! 10/5/23 via Ubisoft Connect, EGS (PC), and consoles

• Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    edited January 2021
    urahonky wrote: »
    urahonky wrote: »
    My buddy is like 90 hours into Valhalla and is committed to getting the platinum trophy. He's mildly enjoying it still but man I can't even imagine trying for it. He's still got around 50 hours left until getting it.

Follow up to this: he's finally broken. He's still going to platinum it but I can feel his disappointment with the game through texts. He's so mad about almost everything in the game.

Yeah the game just isn’t hitting any of my pleasure buttons at all. I feel your friend’s pain.

Drez on
    Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive GNU Terry Pratchett Registered User regular
    I've finally found my combat style: two spears

The legendary wolf gave me no trouble at all, with the roll-stab-stabstabstab combo

[Muffled sounds of gorilla violence]
  • Options
    SatanIsMyMotorSatanIsMyMotor Fuck Warren Ellis Registered User regular
    edited January 2021
    I've finally found my combat style: two spears

The legendary wolf gave me no trouble at all, with the roll-stab-stabstabstab combo

It wasn't until the end of the game that I discovered how powerful daggers were. With poison and crit runes added to them it just made all fighting completely inconsequential.

SatanIsMyMotor on
  • Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    I know I mostly used daggers in Odyssey.

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    Jorvik story...
    Holy shit that was so bad. You know the wine is poisoned. You walk around and discover who the guy is. Then after that with knowledge of both of those things somehow you do nothing to stop the win being served. The guy starts giving a big speech and a toast. You just... stand there. You then watch the 4 people up there with him drink the wine. Exactly no attempt is made to stop them. You just say something like "it's no use they're already gone we have things to do"????????????

And then... you still DON"T STOP ANYONE ELSE FROM DRINKING IT EITHER?!?!?!

Eivor says nothing the whole damn time.

What the fuck was that writing?!?!?!?!?!

• Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    Jorvik story...
    Holy shit that was so bad. You know the wine is poisoned. You walk around and discover who the guy is. Then after that with knowledge of both of those things somehow you do nothing to stop the win being served. The guy starts giving a big speech and a toast. You just... stand there. You then watch the 4 people up there with him drink the wine. Exactly no attempt is made to stop them. You just say something like "it's no use they're already gone we have things to do"????????????

There are multiple points in this story where Eivor just kind of chills while people die horribly around her.

It's practically a character trait of hers as far as I am concerned. "Doesn't Give a Fuck about People Dying"

SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • Options
    SirialisSirialis of the Halite Throne. Registered User regular
    edited January 2021
    syndalis wrote: »
    Jorvik story...

There are multiple points in this story where Eivor just kind of chills while people die horribly around her.

It's practically a character trait of hers as far as I am concerned. "Doesn't Give a Fuck about People Dying"
    I told their king that the wine was poisoned before accusing Audun or whatshisname and he was like "Oh, no problem, we'll have that fixed immediately, was that all?" so that line with Eivor saying they were already too late 5 minutes later was WTF, also I could basically tell who all 3 Order of the Ancients in Jorvik were from the outline in the order tab before starting the Jorvik missions.

Sirialis on
  • Options
    McRhynoMcRhyno Registered User regular
    Yeah, I might be getting too viking with this game...
    Paid a traveler for a gear location but couldn't see it on the map.
    Found it only after I buried an axe in his back...
    oops

PSN: ImRyanBurgundy
  • Options
    Trajan45Trajan45 Registered User regular
    Just realized they gave me in game money for the deluxe edition. Anything I should get in Origins? The mounts and outfits seem cosmetic. But the weapons seem kind of useful, though I noticed an inventory editor mod. I guess the ability points seem to be the best bet.

Origin ID\ Steam ID: Warder45
  • Options
    I got 300 Helix points or whatever, seems like its not enough for anything interesting, not that the selection is that great either.

Also, fuck Dag, he’s just such a stupid pos, I built the fucking settlement, Sigurd just peaced out on day 2.

• Options
    edited January 2021
    I got a stealth mission with Basim, seems the game spawned two horses for Basim, so he rode one and the other is constantly trying to get him to ride it... Yes, even when me and Basim are trying to keep a low profile in enemy territory, a fucking horse keeps pushing us out of cover.

Sirialis on
  • Options
    NosfNosf Registered User regular
    Sirialis wrote: »
    I got 300 Helix points or whatever, seems like its not enough for anything interesting, not that the selection is that great either.

Also, fuck Dag, he’s just such a stupid pos, I built the fucking settlement, Sigurd just peaced out on day 2.

I am beyond furious, the Dag thing just came to a head and -
    Dag was getting mouthy and finally called me out, so fine. The fight was laughable, he never landed a hit that I could see. I speared him like a pig and down he went, but the best part? The absolute chef's kiss? He laid on his back like a turtle, dying and reaching for his axe like it was the key to valhalla; but whimpering shitheels don't go to valhalla Dag, they go somewhere else. So I kicked his axe away, and that was that. What truly irks me though, is I took a screenshot of it, with the caption below, "Dag: *whimpers*" but when I checked it later, the caption wasn't there. So sad. I know this will give me the bad ending, but honestly, I don't even care. I socked Basim because he had it coming too.

• Options
    CarpyCarpy Registered User regular
    Nosf wrote: »

Dag was getting mouthy and finally called me out, so fine. The fight was laughable, he never landed a hit that I could see. I speared him like a pig and down he went, but the best part? The absolute chef's kiss? He laid on his back like a turtle, dying and reaching for his axe like it was the key to valhalla; but whimpering shitheels don't go to valhalla Dag, they go somewhere else. So I kicked his axe away, and that was that. What truly irks me though, is I took a screenshot of it, with the caption below, "Dag: *whimpers*" but when I checked it later, the caption wasn't there. So sad. I know this will give me the bad ending, but honestly, I don't even care. I socked Basim because he had it coming too.
    I punched both of those fuckers in Oxenfordshire. I was so angry after that I went back and tried to sleep with his wife and ended up even madder that the game took away the option.

• Options
    ImperfectImperfect Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    Nosf wrote: »

Ya done right.

• Options
    edited January 2021
    Suthsexe Arc
    Just saved Sigurd, Jesus, that guy is just such a jackass, guess I should have left you with Fulke then, you snivelling fuck.

You and Dag deserve each other, just stay and spout your grandiose shit to his tombstone all day long.

I almost regret going for the “good” ending now.

Sirialis on
  • Options
    My horse is “special”.

zi60skxfpwyc.jpeg

• Options
    The bad ending is definitely going to be the good ending the way the characters are written. Oh and
    Fuck Ivarr too while we're at it, have fun in helheim you shitstain.

• Options
    urahonkyurahonky Registered User regular
    It's insane how few likeable characters this game had lol.

• Options
    MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    I wonder what the developers take away from trophy completion percentages...Maybe it'll change as time goes on, but when only 10% of your player base completes the story, that seems kinda crappy to me.

• Options
    SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular
    I dunno, from what I hear the % of people that actually finish games is pretty small to begin with. If it's a big drop from the previous title that's probably a bit more valid

7qmGNt5.png
    D3 Steam #TeamTangent STO
  • Options
    AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    I liked a bunch of characters in the game, the problem is that the unlikeable ones were so fucking awful that it overshadows everything else.

• Options
    SatanIsMyMotorSatanIsMyMotor Fuck Warren Ellis Registered User regular
    I think Soma was the only character I found mildly likeable. The rest I was neutral on at best.

• Options
    edited January 2021
    Sigurd
    I thought I couldnt like this asshole any less then I had to confer judgement on Settlement issues again because Randvi basically begged me to it, then Sigurd comes around and fucks it all up and says I just wanted the power or whatever.

Man, fuck you.

He wanted the punishment to be 30 times what the sail was worth, told him he was full of shit and got a strike against the “Bad” ending.

Sirialis on
  • Options
    JOE_1967JOE_1967 Registered User regular
    My horse is “special”.

zi60skxfpwyc.jpeg

Maybe he just went up there to say, "Hello!" to Roach?

• Options
    I've been ignoring all of the little side quests to get on with the story and collecting crafting materials, but after doing a couple of them this week I think that's the wrong approach, as that's where I've found the likeable characters and fun writing

And even the duff ones are only a few minutes long (looking at you, nudist quest with no nudity)

• Options
    SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular
    There's a couple of reccuring characters as well who are a pair of fairly entertaining idiots

7qmGNt5.png
    D3 Steam #TeamTangent STO
  • Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    I've been ignoring all of the little side quests to get on with the story and collecting crafting materials, but after doing a couple of them this week I think that's the wrong approach, as that's where I've found the likeable characters and fun writing

And even the duff ones are only a few minutes long (looking at you, nudist quest with no nudity)

Odyssey also had that problem

• Options
    Just found the Essex mystery with the riddler - which I thought was great, as the English riddle tradition was the subject of my university dissertation

However...
    A dumb Portal cake reference? In a 2020 game? I said "Oh fuck off" out loud

• Options
    edited January 2021
    Yeah, that one was a little dumb, the Prodigy reference was also a little surprising.
    “Smack my Bishop!”.

Sirialis on
  • Options
    edited January 2021
    Seems like the achievement trigger for killing all of the Order of the Ancients is broken because of the last patch.

Great.

Sirialis on
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    I still liked all the rap battles, they were fun and dumb and finding each one in a new area to see the new wrinkle there was always entertaining. I think my favorite was the monk who took a vow of silence and his hype man.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    I liked the woman where you had to compliment each other instead.

• Options
    urahonkyurahonky Registered User regular
    I liked the woman where you had to compliment each other instead.

Honestly I liked this a lot. Flyting was very hollow but there was something about giving compliments that made me feel good.

• Options
    Seen on Reddit, a dad gifts his kid this.

lab9dosgqdh8.jpeg

• Options
    danxdanx Registered User regular
    Started playing the Atlantis DLC. Don't know if I can motivate myself to get through it. Elysium is so dull. Does it get better in later episodes?

Right now it feels like the same but worse.

• Options
    KoldanarKoldanar Registered User regular
    Is there a (story) point to hitting level 6 for Ravensthorpe? Cutting out all activities that don't deliver a story beat just to finally finish. I'm at hour 71, and it's about 30 hours too long already.

3DS friend code : 1375 - 7258 - 4504
  • Options
    edited January 2021
    Koldanar wrote: »
    Is there a (story) point to hitting level 6 for Ravensthorpe? Cutting out all activities that don't deliver a story beat just to finally finish. I'm at hour 71, and it's about 30 hours too long already.

It was one of the last things I did and nothing really seemed to change much (except for the item shop getting a bow and an item that made me able to “buy” levels for 700 silver, I did it after taking over every area.

I think pledging and completing specific areas are the fastest way to progress the story, I had a bunch of pledgeable areas available at one point but Sciropescire seemed to be the only one that pushed the story forward for me at that point. (Because that area introduced a character who was present in the next story missions)

Sirialis on
  • Options
    Pushed through a lot of the map this weekend, couple more to go - finished with Jorvik, what a shitshow. Story didn't make a lot of sense and we put someone with ... years of lead posioning on the throne. Ok, whatever.

I am head down slogging through just to be done with this game, that's terrible. There are some small enjoyable moments, but something always comes along and ruins it, and it almost always the writing. I did have a corrupt save issue tho, I was trying to save in between finishing a quest and a new one being assigned and it kept saying the save was corrupt. I had to wait, pick a different quest, delete the corrupt slots and then save in them.

Then later, I found all the opal bounties i had didn't work - one area was naturally kill some fucking wolves, but nothing was there in that area on top of a snowy mountain. The guard i was supposed to kill wasn't targettable. Then when I went to manual save, it came up loading... and hung up for 5 to 10 minutes before i killed the game and went back in...finding the last autosave was an hour or two before, losing the completion of Essexe and sacking the last two raids.

For town level 6, you need to complete lincolnshire(?) and advance the story to where someone takes you to someone and then asks you to put them up in your village, when you go back, that someone is on a new plot that you can upgrade into a house for both of them.

• Options
    AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    Those of you hate-playing through the story i'm very curious what the reaction to the ending will be.

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    danx wrote: »
    Started playing the Atlantis DLC. Don't know if I can motivate myself to get through it. Elysium is so dull. Does it get better in later episodes?

Right now it feels like the same but worse.

Elysium is the worst of the three, Hades the best and the last one kind of mix between the two. Ultimately I didn't really like the dlc, but I think trying to rush through it before Valhalla hurt my enjoyment, but only a little they weren't very enjoyable dlcs, where as the previous ones even with the forced child thing took place in the greek regular world and didn't feel so detached.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net