As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Azur Lane] Access Mode: GRIDMAN UNIVERSE Rerun!

• OrphaneOrphane rivers of red that run to seaRegistered User regular
    btw if auto search is annoying you because you're trying to use a certain fleet to clear things, check this tab in the small formation setup submenu before you start the map

a27ojrcc27f5.png

• TNTrooperTNTrooper Registered User regular
    Well that will fix my HM stat requirement fleet from being suicidal.

steam_sig.png

probably an Italian-themed event next then

who knows if we'll get Vittorio Veneto or another Zara/Pola sister

Daedalian Hymn started

someone else post so it doesn't just look like I'm talking to myself

• IanatorIanator Gaze upon my works, ye mighty and facepalm.Registered User regular
    I haven't even started the game in like three weeks. RIP Oite I guess

steam_sig.png
    Twitch | Blizzard: Ianator#1479 | 3DS: Ianator - 1779 2336 5317 | FFXIV: Iana Ateliere (NA Sarg)
    Backlog Challenge List
  • Sir CarcassSir Carcass I have been shown the end of my world Round Rock, TXRegistered User regular
    I still play every day during my morning constitutional, but I don't do much beyond the normal daily stuff and occasionally something during an event. I'm just in ship collecting mode at this point. I recently finally got Akagi, after getting 2 Kaga's, so that was nice.

• MillMill Registered User regular
    Maybe I'll pop on to this again and go ship collecting mode before stuff in China results in any ships getting permanently pulled. Don't think it will happen though, the whole nonsense in china getting ships permanently pulled. My concern is I'll feel a need to do events and the grind and shortness of events are a big reason why I stopped in the first place.

btw since the Labyrinth mechanic is....laborious auto search becomes available as soon as you hit 100% clear I think

• IanatorIanator Gaze upon my works, ye mighty and facepalm.Registered User regular
    oh no

my cubes

steam_sig.png
    Twitch | Blizzard: Ianator#1479 | 3DS: Ianator - 1779 2336 5317 | FFXIV: Iana Ateliere (NA Sarg)
    Backlog Challenge List

Guess I'm getting back in the game tonight.

steam_sig.png
    Backlog Challenge List
    Servers up

Got NJ and SF in my first 10 build, then Archerfish in the next. Then Boise in the 4th, so that's all the rate-up ships since Ticonderoga is shop ship and Morrison is points
    brbbk.jpg

Damn I thought my 50 for all build ships with NJ and Boise being literally the first 2 ships rolled was good.

steam_sig.png
  • CorporateLogoCorporateLogo The toilet knows how I feelRegistered User regular
    Lucked out and got NJ and SF in my first 40 builds, only one I need from the pool now is Archerfish

I consider it lucking out because I only got Shinano as the 200 build pity prize

Do not have a cow, mortal.

c9PXgFo.jpg
  • Sir CarcassSir Carcass I have been shown the end of my world Round Rock, TXRegistered User regular
    I built 20 and only got Archerfish, but I've still got like 650 cubes, so I'm in no hurry.

finished clearing D3 and got access to the SP stage

this time around there's a 10k rainbow shop gun for NJ, so it's a little more strenuous than normal if you're planning to farm for BPs/plates/the exchange ship and whatnot but....

the silver lining is that d3 drops the gold Hydraulic Rudder fragments (read: that thing practically every frontline ship needs) so at least you're also getting to work on that while you're farming points

Logged in last night to be told I haven't played in 70 days.

I started with 40 cubes and got zero event ships on my first 10-pull.

...I am under no illusions of earning the portrait border for this event.

steam_sig.png
    Backlog Challenge List
    Well first D3 clear and Ticonderoga dropped. That saves me 8k points.

steam_sig.png
    TNTrooper wrote: »
    Well first D3 clear and Ticonderoga dropped. That saves me 8k points.

I'm hoping for that since I've had good luck in that regard the past 2 events, and I kind of need to spend the points on money this go around.

Got Ticonderoga and the NJ gun so far

where'd....where'd my oil go

hope your guys' event farming is going well - definitely pick up the NJ gun from the exchange if you have to make a choice

also there's 4-5 days of Ark Royal META left and we're getting...

Still no Tico or NJ, but I have multiples of the others and am one more 10 pull away from the pity NJ. I also have a ton of points for the shop, so I'll get everyone and the gun, at least.

Finally someone who might be able to replace Helena in boss teams.

steam_sig.png
    TNTrooper wrote: »
    Finally someone who might be able to replace Helena in boss teams.

When you wait and wait and wait and never see Radar Scan Plus pop up.....Alexa, play Despacito

If you've been struggling with bad luck getting event ships, I have some good news for you: the event is extended another week!

Helena META now in rotation, a lot of qol stuff

Still waiting on that Sirius oath skin.

edited June 2021
    just warning y'all that PR4 has been announced and will probably be coming in July

not gonna embed pics cause you know how it is with AL but here's the intro tweet

https://twitter.com/azurlane_staff/status/1407307597498126349?s=20

and an album so you can look through on your own time
    https://imgur.com/a/kRDBuqX
    featuring:
    • Hakuryu, IJN DR Carrier
    • Ægir, KMS DR Large Cruiser (like Azuma)
    • August von Parceval, KMS SR Carrier
    • Marco Polo, Sardegna SR Battleship
    • Anchorage, USS SR Heavy Cruiser

personally speaking, I thought they learned their lesson with pr2 and wouldn't do 2 DR ships again but here we are so prepare for pain
    unless they up BP yields I don't see how new players are ever gonna catch up either, esp if PR3 is getting Fate Simulation like the previous times

Orphane on
    Yeah, I just recently finished PR1 and started on PR2. Got Friedrich der Grobe first, saw the rarity, and thought "oh, that's cool". Then I went to start upgrading the dev level and trying to get blueprints and realized just what that meant.

PR4 next week it looks like

there are some fairly significant improvements to the Research system being added from what I can tell but gonna wait on the official translated version for accuracy

edited July 2021

here's what all should be added for improvements to PR even though some of them weren't explicitly mentioned
    • Rookie mission campaign for PR2 data packs added.
    • Fate Sim for PR 3, no plan for DR fate sim yet.
    • PR1 Strengthening can be done with gold coins in addition to current BPs.
    • Focused research on specific ships will not have other ship BPs, only the focus ship, and have more BPs.
    • Once you have max (Fate sim) that ship won't appear in research.
    • PR2 Catch-Up Campaign; independent sections for PR (300 total shared across all 4 of Georgia, Gascogne, Seattle, and Kitakaze) and DR (150 per each of Azuma and Friedrich der Grosse).
    • Twin 457mm Prints (Georgia Gun) in the Protocore Exchange, 50 Print lifetime total; once you buy enough for 1 that's it.
    • PR1 Projects will no longer appear in the non-"Focus" secondary projects.
    • The Twin 40mm Bofors STAAG AA Gun will appear in the PR4 Gear BP pool.

Orphane on
    Servers are up but who knows if we'll have to have extra maint as players get on and maybe discover bugs

good luck and godspeed

Finished Hakuryuu, on to Ægir

probably going to take it easy on the PR4 grind after that since I haven't even switched over to PR4 focus yet so I have 0 BPs and it's an incredibly long time gated grind anyways even with the improvements. Currently I'm trying to finish up PR3 at the very least; Drake is almost Dev 30 and I'm like 6 BPs away from getting Drake's gun too, so it's extra painful being that close yet so far

steam_sig.png
    Backlog Challenge List
    o7fxqlusrjeb.png

i did it

still at 44/50 on Drake gun though, so that's dreadful. I still need to gather Mainz BPs for Fate Sim 5 though, so I'm sticking with PR3 Research for the foreseeable future and hopefully i can actually get a few rainbow BPs by the time i finish out Mainz and Cheshire FS

the IM@S collab seems to be strictly limited to the very original generation; we'll see how they are but this collab is aimed at a very specific demographic lol

egu86n7ll01n.png

i feel like Thanos when he got the infinity stones