As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

CF Secret Santa 2020: Twenty Twenty Edition!

124»

• Options
    JaysonFourJaysonFour Classy Monster Kitteh Registered User regular
    Hey, Santee!

Roll Perception at +5- and if successful, check your email!

steam_sig.png
    I can has cheezburger, yes?
  • Options
    ovr1hlkzij2i.gif

So I fell victim to a number of slow effects in getting this up- many apologies! But here, let's shake the last of them off and get to posting the opening, hm?

Ul7vfaw.jpg

A random box- scratch that, make that one random heavy box. I wondered what result I needed on a Spot check to get that going, but in the end I just went ahead and opened it, traps be damned. (Hey, I main sorcerers, not rogues...)

Luckily, it appeared there were no traps, and I was presented with... this!

ykdVWAg.jpg?1

Either it's a great big square paperweight, or... I don't know.

...huh? What's that? There's something under the white wrapping? ...I failed my INT check? What the hell, I'm rocking a 17, dammit! Sheesh...

Anyways, I went ahead and tore off the white stuff and shoved it all in, and found, well...

3h4nPKh.jpg?2

...a very familiar logo! No wonder the box was so heavy! Hmmm... I wonder...

vAchyx2.jpg?2

A 5th Edition D&D Starter Set, with PHB, DM's Guide, Monster Manual, and DM Screen! I have been wanting to break into 5th Edition for years and years, and now I have the books to start learning! My printer's been dropping character sheets into the finished tray for about five minutes straight, and I can't wait to finally end up learning how to make a number of characters with this version!

Thanks again to my santa, @webguy20 ! Sorry about the wait on posting this!

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular
    JaysonFour wrote: »
    ovr1hlkzij2i.gif

So I fell victim to a number of slow effects in getting this up- many apologies! But here, let's shake the last of them off and get to posting the opening, hm?

Ul7vfaw.jpg

A random box- scratch that, make that one random heavy box. I wondered what result I needed on a Spot check to get that going, but in the end I just went ahead and opened it, traps be damned. (Hey, I main sorcerers, not rogues...)

Luckily, it appeared there were no traps, and I was presented with... this!

ykdVWAg.jpg?1

Either it's a great big square paperweight, or... I don't know.

...huh? What's that? There's something under the white wrapping? ...I failed my INT check? What the hell, I'm rocking a 17, dammit! Sheesh...

Anyways, I went ahead and tore off the white stuff and shoved it all in, and found, well...

3h4nPKh.jpg?2

...a very familiar logo! No wonder the box was so heavy! Hmmm... I wonder...

vAchyx2.jpg?2

A 5th Edition D&D Starter Set, with PHB, DM's Guide, Monster Manual, and DM Screen! I have been wanting to break into 5th Edition for years and years, and now I have the books to start learning! My printer's been dropping character sheets into the finished tray for about five minutes straight, and I can't wait to finally end up learning how to make a number of characters with this version!

Thanks again to my santa, @webguy20 ! Sorry about the wait on posting this!

Yay! I hope you enjoy. I love that book bundle. Wizards has made it real easy to get someone into 5e! Curse their black hearts. :hydra:

Also thank you for the Heroforge Gift Certificate! Fingers crossed I'm going to be starting a Rhyme campaign later this year and have needed to get a new character mini made up. This will give me the motivation to get cracking on it!

Were we the last link in the chain? Is 2020 wrapped up?

Steam ID: Webguy20
    Origin ID: Discgolfer27
    Untappd ID: Discgolfer1981
  • Options
    By my calculations, that's thirteen whole pairs of Santa and Santee:

Santa --> Santee

see317 --> MamaWolf
    MamaWolf --> Bursar
    Bursar --> AuraLynx
    AuraLynx --> MNCDover
    MNCDover --> TimFiji
    TimFiji --> Halos
    Halos --> ArcticLancer
    ArcticLancer --> Denada
    Denada --> Green
    Green --> ArcSyn
    ArcSyn --> see317

webguy20 --> JaysonFour
    JaysonFour --> webguy20

Looks a complete circuit to me!

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    Great job everyone! Can't wait for next year!

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    MNC Dover wrote: »

You still haven't said if the pie was any good!

But yes, good Santaing, everybody!

kshu0oba7xnr.png

• Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    Auralynx wrote: »

Whoops! Yes, the pie was good. The wife ate most of it though as I’m not a huge blueberry fan. But she was happy to get most of it to herself.

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    Auralynx wrote: »

Whoops! Yes, the pie was good. The wife ate most of it though as I’m not a huge blueberry fan. But she was happy to get most of it to herself.

I sensed there might be a self-serving element to the suggestion, but I'm glad you enjoyed it. :biggrin:

kshu0oba7xnr.png

• Options
    MamaWolfMamaWolf The wolf pack guides all to safetyRegistered User regular
    Thank you again @see317 for the wonderful and thoughtful gifts!! This was another excellent year!! I cannot wait till the next one!! Hope everyone has a safe and great year!!

"May the moon watch over you and keep you safe through the night, 'till the morning comes and MamaWolf can protect you through the day"
  • Options
    @CF SANTA It's the start of October, which means it's practically Christmas tomorrow!! Are we doing Secret Santa this year? I got a new job, so I am ready to spread Christmas cheer!!

"May the moon watch over you and keep you safe through the night, 'till the morning comes and MamaWolf can protect you through the day"
  • Options
    CF SANTACF SANTA Registered User regular
    edited October 2021
    I'll get it going this week!

CF SANTA on
    santasig.jpg
  • Options
    CF SANTA wrote: »
    I'll get it going this week!

Thank you!!!!

• Options
    Excellent