As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Warhammer - Age of Sigmar] The New Fantasy

• SmokeStacksSmokeStacks Registered User regular
    As someone who never played WHFB before its transition into Age of Sigmar, playing through Vermintide and (especially) it's sequel has been interesting. The games are set in the End Times, and they mention a ton of different locations within the Empire and the Old World as a whole.

Basically, now I know the reasoning behind the name choices of at least half of GW's paints.

• PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    Dayspring wrote: »
    The Warcry warband rules in AoS are trash too, about the same level of quality the Underworlds warscrolls are.

Hey now, the Shadowstalkers are bonkers good in AoS! And Morgwaeth is a better Haq Queen with bodyguards for +40 points.
    Hmm, maybe it's just that Daughters of Khaine touch, come to think of it...

But yes, they're mostly pretty lackluster with a few gems.

the caster ones are decent

all the melee ones are just unimpressive because they're too small to do anything meaningful imo

• Halos Nach TariffHalos Nach Tariff Can you blame me? I'm too famous.Registered User regular
    It was definitely a good idea to start adding little heroes in with them rather than just more dynamically posed regular troops as was the style in season 1, not least because it's a clever way of getting new plastic sculpts for old heroes out and about.

• Halos Nach TariffHalos Nach Tariff Can you blame me? I'm too famous.Registered User regular
  • SmokeStacksSmokeStacks Registered User regular
    It was definitely a good idea to start adding little heroes in with them rather than just more dynamically posed regular troops as was the style in season 1, not least because it's a clever way of getting new plastic sculpts for old heroes out and about.

I like both. If you were like me and started a Stormcast army using a lot of models from the starter sets than getting a Liberator with a Broadsword and another one with a Grandhammer in Steelheart's Champions was pretty nice. Also getting Bloodreavers and Blood Warriors that have unique sculpts is a nice way to fill in units or just have more variety in your models.

how large and silly are the hats gonna be?

• BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular

What annoys me about the the DoK warband is the Sister
    She is conveying agility and such
    pb3wt5unjvvg.png
    I don't when the Witch elf model set came out as I had an interest in warhammer but I did not play it [my brother did hence part of the reason he is salty about his elves}
    But seeing what they can do with sculpts now I know the current kit was done for ease to swap between the sets but still I feel it kind of needs a reboot as a great long list of other things

And I forgot
    As part of a bundle of stuff I accidently bought the sliver tower minis so built them sans the instructions [and I did not have the revell or any precision plastic glue at the time either} the witch elf made no sense with how she was armed or how she wore the "armor"
    i8difu5xp9cx.png

• honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    Isn't that technically not a witch but a witcher?

• Redcoat-13Redcoat-13 Registered User regular
    Brainleech wrote: »

What annoys me about the the DoK warband is the Sister
    She is conveying agility and such
    pb3wt5unjvvg.png
    I don't when the Witch elf model set came out as I had an interest in warhammer but I did not play it [my brother did hence part of the reason he is salty about his elves}
    But seeing what they can do with sculpts now I know the current kit was done for ease to swap between the sets but still I feel it kind of needs a reboot as a great long list of other things

The witch (a)elves and sisters of slaughter were designed with Warhammer: Fantasy Battle in mind, with the idea they'd all be ranked up in blocks. I think they hold up pretty well in AoS myself. You'll also be waiting a long time if you're expecting GW to go back and revisit that unit any time soon.

I'm looking forward to tomorrow and seeing what's coming out; I suspect I'll be committing myself to a new (and first AoS) army by the end of the reveal. Didn't realise I have a Saturday shift, but hopefully I'll be back to WFH with the reveal in the background.

PSN Fleety2009
    Yeah, the silver tower guy is wholly unaffiliated with the Daughters of Khaine, even though he shares a lot of design cues, even the new shadowstalkers kind of copy his pants!

I was half hoping they'd just slide him into DoK at some point, but I guess not.

• [Expletive deleted][Expletive deleted] The mediocre doctor NorwayRegistered User regular
    Yeah, the silver tower guy is wholly unaffiliated with the Daughters of Khaine, even though he shares a lot of design cues, even the new shadowstalkers kind of copy his pants!

I was half hoping they'd just slide him into DoK at some point, but I guess not.

He (and his trousers) were too cool for this uncool world.

Sic transit gloria mundi.
  • DayspringDayspring the Phoenician Registered User regular
    I feel like the silver tower guys have basically been relegated to the design bin at this stage, which is a shame because the mistweaver was/is such an awesome mini.

My Warhammer stuff online: Youtube Twitter Insta
    Dayspring wrote: »
    I feel like the silver tower guys have basically been relegated to the design bin at this stage, which is a shame because the mistweaver was/is such an awesome mini.

I sadly agree but the mistweaver is the only elf of Maleron we have seen so still I am quite curious what his are
    The Mistweaver is that one that you can draw a line from to the Shadowstalkers as it can fit in with them

• Golden YakGolden Yak Burnished Bovine The sunny beaches of CanadaRegistered User regular

Light vs Death?

Get some, Teclis.

H9f4bVe.png
    edited January 2021
    My first reaction: broken realms - teclis? Again? Wasn't braking the old world not enough for the guy?

honovere on
    I hope it's just a comedy of errors with his various plans falling apart in traditional Teclis fashion.

I'm kind of surprised to see another aelven god get the title spot, I would've thought they'd want to spread the spotlight around the grand alliances at least and I still think it's pretty likely that Alarielle gets to be the focus for one of these (if only so she can get a warscroll that's worth her godhood...)

• SharpyVIISharpyVII Registered User regular
    p2ky4n82yixm.jpg
    2020 saw the release of the glorious Lumineth Realm-lords range, and now this year will see reinforcements on their way for the aelves, including Sevireth, Lord of the Seventh Wind.

This fox-like creature is a demi-god empowered by the wind spirits of Hysh, just in case you thought that Teclis had peaked with mountains

It's a bit annoying that you have to buy another book to use all the Lumineth units when the main time only came out a few months ago.

Sevireth is cool. The streamers look a bit clumsy and thick, but the fox is cool.

And that vampire warband is ace.

Sigh a new DoK book but we get endless spells {aka terrain}
    wi7exsnumgnw.png
    The viper looks like a mcfarlane toy

New warhammer quest, Ulfenkarn. vampires and undead as opponents. Looks like 4 adventurers, a witchhunter (with a musket with underslung grenadestake launcher), a duardin, an ogor, and a wanderer or kurnothi.

• Dr_KeenbeanDr_Keenbean Dumb as a butt Planet Express ShipRegistered User regular
    Son of a bitch. I'm going to buy this new Warhammer Quest aren't I?

PSN/NNID/Steam: Dr_Keenbean
    3DS: 1650-8480-6786
    Switch: SW-0653-8208-4705

I own the other two and blackstone might as well

• Dr_KeenbeanDr_Keenbean Dumb as a butt Planet Express ShipRegistered User regular
    edited January 2021

I own the other two and blackstone might as well

Yup got all those too! I also have the original Warhammer Quest and HeroQuest with expansions ... plus the new crowd-funded HeroQuest on the way.

It's just god damn if WHQ, vampires, and witch hunters isn't the perfect storm of shit I like about Warhammer "Fantasy".

Dr_Keenbean on
    PSN/NNID/Steam: Dr_Keenbean
    3DS: 1650-8480-6786
    Switch: SW-0653-8208-4705
    the video and the one undead model makes it look very AoS Silent Hill

• PerduraboPerdurabo Registered User regular
    It was very Darkest Dungeon

I still find it funny as I got out of GW games because of silly geese and ugly people
    I had ebay set up to email me about Warhammer quest [I was looking for a certain item} So one day I got a email featuring Sliver tower I did not know what Sliver tower was
    Saw someone had a buy 3 deal selling sliver tower I got the Gangs of Commorragh overkill and sliver tower. He threw in the assassin game
    This was how I fell back into the time and money pit of wargaming

Perdurabo wrote: »
    It was very Darkest Dungeon

That too.

wi7exsnumgnw.png

I'm just worried that there isn't enough blood to really get the point across

PiptheFair wrote: »
    wi7exsnumgnw.png

I'm just worried that there isn't enough blood to really get the point across

Well the Khrone ones are basically metal album covers
    tk5g3tat027b.png

• VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Only thing that did anything for me was the new Warhammer Quest game

• TastyfishTastyfish Registered User regular
    edited January 2021
    honovere wrote: »
    New warhammer quest, Ulfenkarn. vampires and undead as opponents. Looks like 4 adventurers, a witchhunter (with a musket with underslung grenadestake launcher), a duardin, an ogor, and a wanderer or kurnothi.

8 Adventurers according to the site, there's some art floating about that adds two female possibly stormcast. One with a greatsword and one that seems more of a wizard/cleric type.
    Then five bosses based around different areas of the city, including a tainted slyvaneth grove.

Tastyfish on
  • LordSolarMachariusLordSolarMacharius Red wine with fish Registered User regular
    The Crimson Court* look so great to me. Not Vampirates, which would have been fun, but classic gothic Warhammer styling. (I actually think the one they showed off first - sword-hair lady - is just good, but the other three are fantastic.

82wdjh5qlzn5.jpg

The Warhammer Quest box, likewise, looks very cool. What's the price like on those boxed games?

*I just know I'm going to mess up and constantly call them The Court of the Crimson King.

• Mr_RoseMr_Rose 83 Blue Ridge Protects the Holy Registered User regular
    I’m gonna call the one with wings Thailog.

...because dragons are AWESOME! That's why.
    Nintendo Network ID: AzraelRose
    DropBox invite link - get 500MB extra free.
    Looks like water temple is also incoming, plus some other stuff

1093228-LRL%20reveal%205.png
    1093229-LRL%20reveal%206.png
    1093227-LRL%20reveal%204.png
    1093226-LRL%20reveal%203.png
    1093225-LRL%20reveal%202.png

Using old high elves as proxies might be getting easier, too.

• LordSolarMachariusLordSolarMacharius Red wine with fish Registered User regular
    The first image is obviously the "Blade Masters" (as Direchasm refers to them).

I'm very intrigued by that fourth image. At a glance it's an archer, but the bow is way too big and their hands aren't positioned right for that. Maybe a new sort of Repeater Bolt Thrower, with it's bracing tripod hidden by the shadows on the right?

In the second picture it looks like there are a moon and a sun symbol on the helmet crest. The background had Loreseekers, that follow both teclis and tyrion. Could be that. The background has them basically as the old high elf lore masters, warrior mages.

• -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular
    The Crimson Court* look so great to me. Not Vampirates, which would have been fun, but classic gothic Warhammer styling. (I actually think the one they showed off first - sword-hair lady - is just good, but the other three are fantastic.

82wdjh5qlzn5.jpg

The Warhammer Quest box, likewise, looks very cool. What's the price like on those boxed games?

*I just know I'm going to mess up and constantly call them The Court of the Crimson King.

The two on the left are channeling some real Mannfred and Vlad energy. Love it.

Oddly they did not say anything about the soulblight/vampire army even though they showed off the leaked mini

The sad part even though I know the stuff shown today is parsed out over the next couple of months how though is still a question against the pandemic
    It kind of threw my budget into wack as between now and the end of March I planned on getting the last part of blackstone, the Morathi book a start collecting box for the idoneth and hte bloodsworn hunt the necron codex
    The other things Warcry, Necromunda uprising and a debate about paint as we slide into spring {the debate is various things is the gw store still running that deal? Did I really want to get that much paint? as I know I need a few cans of primer] My tax return and the stimulus?
    It's things like the Drukhari codex and the box but I just bought some realm lords for my brother I feel he will like the fox far more than the mountain cow
    It's all a sigh but I know wargamming is an expensive hobby

This discussion has been closed.