As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The [NHL] Thread - On Dadanov’s No-Trade List

• Options
    BurtletoyBurtletoy Registered User regular
    Myiagros wrote: »
    Burtletoy wrote: »
    I guess the four players on the same team were in the same hotel room without masks after the game...

... the game in which they all played together without masks and shared a locker room without masks and shared a bus/plane without masks.

That's actually really fucking silly, NHL

Think of it this way, first you let them get away with hanging out in a hotel room, then they are in the lobby but instead of 4 players it is 10, then they decide to go out to a bar because they didn't get in shit before, so why would they now?

Interesting slippery slope there, but I wasn't sure if there were rules for teams traveling wearing masks on planes/buses so I tried to look it up.

Turns out, the NHL rules allow for exactly 10 players to use a weight training room at the same time, so groups of 10 with no mask are allowed.

I'd be interested to learn what percent of NHL cities have bars open, I'd imagine it's very low (flordia x2, Vegas, nashville, dallas, maybe Columbus would be my guesses)

But the NHL rules I can find say that visiting players are restricted to stay inside their hotel and that they don't have roommates.

I still think 4 guys sitting in their room playing video games is probably the best the NHL can hope for in this situation.

• Options
    I guess NBC is expecting to close down NBC sports, the flagship nhl broadcast network, by the end of the year?

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    Burtletoy wrote: »
    The NHL isn't in a bubble

god damn it

i thought that was the whole point of seeing the same four games over and over all season

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    oldmankenoldmanken Registered User regular
    They’ll fuck NHL like they fucked the Premier League, chucking the majority of the games on Peacock. I would hope ESPN gets the TV rights down here.

• Options
    BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    It looks like ESPN+ has 2 games a day to watch, making me revalue that option. I had written it off because when I googled it the results said something like 10 games a year, which seemed laughable.

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
  • Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    i do see ESPN listed on NHL tv here and there

• Options
    JayrichoJayricho Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular

Oh I’m sure Torts is going to just love Laine....

• Options
    If I have to pick a winner, I think it’s CBJ, but all round this is just a loser of a trade for both sides.

• Options
    chromdomchromdom Who? Where?Registered User regular
    I think it sounds fairly even -- both teams get rid of good players who didn't want to be there.
    My guess is that it will depend on if either really buys in to their new teams, and just as importantly, if either re-signs to stay there.

• Options
    JayrichoJayricho Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited January 2021
    Dubois probably stays at the very least. His father is a coach with the Manitoba Moose so he already has some tie to the organization and the area.

Jayricho on
  • Options
    Today's Canuks game is free through NHL.tv, turn it on, and we've got a fight at ~4 minutes in.

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

• Options
    BigityBigity Lubbock, TXRegistered User regular
    Woo way to open a season. Go Stars! (yes, late post)

• Options
    Yay! Pens win their 4th in a row and first in regulation.

I think the second stat is more telling of how this season will go

• Options
    every time the Rangers start Deangelo they lose

coincidence?!!,!?

• Options
    DeBrincat and Boqvist out for the blackhawks with covid.

I am shocked that this worldwide pandemic somehow is still effecting the world, including nhl players

• Options
    ZaylenzZaylenz Registered User regular
    Chanus wrote: »

coincidence?!!,!?

Well, they've only won one game so far, so I'm not sure it's DeAngelo that's the problem. The last game the problem was the 1, if not 2, softie goals that Shesterkin let in.

• Options
    Zaylenz wrote: »

coincidence?!!,!?

Well, they've only won one game so far, so I'm not sure it's DeAngelo that's the problem. The last game the problem was the 1, if not 2, softie goals that Shesterkin let in.

i still blame him

but yeah there's been at least one fluke goal every game, one easy goal that the defense should never have allowed to be that open, and then one or two decent deflections

the Rangers have had the same problems for like 20 years now regardless of who's in the lineup, it's unreal

fancy bullshit trick pass attempts when someone just needs to take the fuckin shot

defense leaving angles wide open only now they don't have one of the best goaltenders of his generation there to carry them

• Options
    Penguins GM abruptly and randomly resigned about 10minutes ago

• Options
    CorvusCorvus . VancouverRegistered User regular
    Seems suspicious as hell.

:so_raven:
  • Options
    he probably feels bad they came back and beat the Rangers twice in a row

• Options
    Maybe he just really didn't want to sign yannik weber

After 4 long term injuries to the penguins d core in the first 7 games of the season, GMJR retired and... someone... signed yannik weber to a 700k contract to try and fill out the blue line

• Options
    I just hope there isn't something heinous about him set to come out.

• Options
    chromdomchromdom Who? Where?Registered User regular
    I learned some interesting trivia about Rutherford today, from The Hockey Guy:

He was the first NHL goalie to play with a painted mask. Someone painted the Red Wings' wings on to his mask's eyebrows, and he couldn't get rid of them before game time. And thus started the whole thing!

Also, Bob Mackenzie says the Pens are saying only good thing about Rutherford, and he's saying good things about them. It's 'personal' and he won't elaborate, which could be a family health thing.

• Options
    LeTwigLeTwig Registered User regular
    Mugsley wrote: »

Three kids in a trenchcoat is a proven winner. No contest.

• Options
    that's just bad goaltending

your stick is right there. use it!

• Options
    that's just bad goaltending

your stick is right there. use it!

He's just not used to playing against people who are playing shuffleboard, not hockey.

• Options
    This NWHL on twitch thing needs more volume from on the ice. It's weird not hearing the sticks/pucks and barely can hear the whistles.

Still, pretty cool free streaming. Something like 30k viewers on this game

• Options
    i saw an ad today that WNHL will be on NBC Sports

which is funny considering in a couple months there supposedly won't be anymore NBC Sports?

• Options
    Matt Murray trade not exactly looking great for the Sens. Woof.

• Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    Corvus wrote: »
    Matt Murray trade not exactly looking great for the Sens. Woof.

the trade was fine, it's signing him to 4x6.25M that was questionable at best to begin with and is already aging poorly

• Options
    man, imagine if the Rangers tried also playing defense

Pittsburgh I get giving up goals, they've got like fourteen injured defensemen currently

i'm not sure why the Rangers have been so bad at it for so long

• Options
    edited January 2021
    Due to the injury to Letang in the first period (Dumolin, Petterson, Riikola, Matheson already missing time before the game) the penguins top two defensemen in ice time have played a combined 68 games in the NHL. And neither of them were in the penguins organization two seasons ago.

This P. O. Joeseph kid is pretty good, and Marino was amazing last year in his rookie season, but I really wish we didn't need to keep doing this every year!

He even fixed codi ceci!

Burtletoy on
  • Options
    edited January 2021
    19 year old Wild player out long term with post Covid. Scary.

Corvus on
  • Options
    DeAngelo on waivers. Ain’t that a shame.

• Options

you hate to see it

• Options
    ZaylenzZaylenz Registered User regular

you hate to see it

Apparently he provoked a teammate into decking him after the game. So something obviously boiled over.

• Options
    Zaylenz wrote: »

you hate to see it

Apparently he provoked a teammate into decking him after the game. So something obviously boiled over.

he's such a chud

i hope no one signs him

• Options
    How do waivers work? Is it just to send them down to the AHL affiliate, or can it be used to release a player?

This discussion has been closed.