As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[WoW] Shadowlands: Chains of Domination June 29th!

• Options
    Kai_SanKai_San Commonly known as Klineshrike! Registered User regular
    I would think more toward long CD reduction. You could never do universal CD reduction because that would double dip with haste for so many abilities. Also likely why it would never happen, because they took the idea of CDR and incorporated it into haste.

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    It's funny we were talking about the WC3 remaster the other day, Jason Schreier has a story up about how the team that did Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 1+2 this year is basically being taken in to be Blizzard's new Classic Games Remaster team, and the old team is basically being dissolved or let go, and they have some axes to grind about how much time and resources they were given to do the WC3 remaster.

Spoiler: They were told they were going to be meeting a financial quarter deadline no matter what state it was in.

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    StragintStragint Do Not Gift Always DeclinesRegistered User regular
    Did they change something with the beginning quests for covenants? I did the beginning story quest to get 5 souls from the Maw and then I had to talk to the lich king dude who sent me to go report back to my covenant on both my DK and my Paladin and I got a piece of covenant gear.

I didn't get a piece of covenant gear for my Rogue when I did this quest. My rogue is night fae, paladin is venthyr, and dk is maldraxxus.

PSN: Reaper_Stragint, Steam: DoublePitstoChesty
    What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

I never fear death or dyin', I only fear never trying.
  • Options
    admanbadmanb unionize your workplace Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Stragint wrote: »
    Did they change something with the beginning quests for covenants? I did the beginning story quest to get 5 souls from the Maw and then I had to talk to the lich king dude who sent me to go report back to my covenant on both my DK and my Paladin and I got a piece of covenant gear.

I didn't get a piece of covenant gear for my Rogue when I did this quest. My rogue is night fae, paladin is venthyr, and dk is maldraxxus.

All the Convenant story lines eventually give you a nine-piece armor set, but not at the same pace.

• Options
    the rewards are spread out what feels like almost randomly sometime

for example every covenant gets their mount at the end of the campaign, except for the kyrian, who randomly get it at like week 5

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    The 5 souls quest should have no ties to the campaign and gear.

Bolvar does give you a quest that is for torghast that gives a cloak really early on. Whic is easy to mix up with the fae campaign as I think one of the first parts of that sends you to torghast at some point. But just as the setting, not a real run.

• Options
    ShadowenShadowen Snores in the morning LoserdomRegistered User regular
    Also only one covenant has a dungeon as a necessary part of the questline.

• Options
    Shadowen wrote: »

Bastion/Necrotic Wake is also the only dungeon that's connected to the main plot and has a quest to run it.

Shadowlands is impressive given how unfinished it feels.

• Options
    fortyforty Registered User regular
    0-6 on world boss loot. :(

• Options
    SproutSprout Registered User regular
    forty wrote: »
    0-6 on world boss loot. :(

I got a conduit once? But yeah, I’m convinced the journal is lying about those guys having other drops.

• Options
    admanb wrote: »

Bastion/Necrotic Wake is also the only dungeon that's connected to the main plot and has a quest to run it.

It isn't unfinished so much as they willingly chose to structure the story this way.

There may be a thing where the next patches do things in the other zones. Like how the first raid was Revendreth so they had an emphasis on those characters.

VERY strong chance there will be some kind of raid in Bastion.

• Options
    SmrtnikSmrtnik job boli zub Registered User regular
    Kai_San wrote: »

It isn't unfinished so much as they willingly chose to structure the story this way.

There may be a thing where the next patches do things in the other zones. Like how the first raid was Revendreth so they had an emphasis on those characters.

VERY strong chance there will be some kind of raid in Bastion.

My guess is each major patch will be a raid in one of the zones dealing with their problems, then a final raid in Torghast.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    4 patches and raids? damn you are an optimist

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular

There's been that many for two expansions in a row now.

• Options
    reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular
    edited January 2021

De Other Side is very strongly connected to the Night Fae campaign but at no point during the actual story does the game instruct you to go do it. It's just, you do the covenant campaign chapter, figure out for yourself that this is probably where the dungeon slots in, and then you can do it if you want to.

But yeah, there's no quest or anything to do it, just if you feel like it. But it does leave a pretty noticeable hole in the story if you don't.

reVerse on
  • Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    I mean, all the dungeons figure into the story; it's just that you don't necessarily see the story unless you do the covenant campaigns

NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • Options
    Dhalphir wrote: »

4 total raids, but Smrtnik's post described 5 raids, to be fair.

• Options
    No part of the Venthyr Covenant campaign leads into Sanguine Depths or Halls of Atonement.

• Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    I would be very surprised if we don't get new raids in 9.1, 9.2, and 9.3. That's the track they've been on for 4 years and they've shown no sign of deviating.

• Options
    4 more patches and raids? damn you are an optimist

i'm being attacked for the absence of a single word help me mods

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    StragintStragint Do Not Gift Always DeclinesRegistered User regular
    Really can't figure out what covenant I want my shaman to join once I hit 60 on them.

PSN: Reaper_Stragint, Steam: DoublePitstoChesty
    What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

I never fear death or dyin', I only fear never trying.
  • Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    edited January 2021
    No part of the Venthyr Covenant campaign leads into Sanguine Depths or Halls of Atonement.

Though Halls of Atonement ties up a loose end from the leveling story even though you're not pointed at it, and Sanguine Depths is part of the main cross-covenant story since finishing it is required to get the story cutscene after clearing the first raid due to things from that dungeon being important to it.

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    SmrtnikSmrtnik job boli zub Registered User regular

EN, the 3 boss raid with Helya, Nighthold, the Broken Isle raid, e argus raid

Uld, Battle DazarvAloe 2 boss sqid raid, Azhara Eternal Palace, Nyalotha

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Drunken BastardDrunken Bastard Registered User regular
    Did an epic Calling on my new Hunter and got a 184 weapon out of it. Ofc it's a friggin polearm. Perfect for a marksman hunter with a 148 crossbow.

Thanks game, now I am pissed off.

• Options
    TryCatcherTryCatcher Registered User regular
    Eh, right now you can get a 196 weapon by just losing at Wintergrasp a lot, so...

• Options
    Hell yeah, got Loremaster:
    r2fgtoqf9wtk.png

Rankings of the side quests of each zone:
    1. Sojourner of Revendreath: Every questline is gripping, and I found myself getting invested on them. They all are involved with the main plot or highlight an aspect of Venthyr society, and never lost interest.
    2. Sojourner of Maldraxxus: Very close to #1 spot, so is a matter of preference. I just didn't found the Theater of Pain storylines that interesting, but is a personal hangup. Everything else was on point.
    3. Sojourner of Ardenweald: They are somewhat interesting, but there's only so many times that you can say: "Go harvest bug asses for my shop".
    4. Sojourner of Bastion: There were a couple of interesting storylines, but it felt tedious. Also, they made a Vanilla-style low drop rates questline on the plains area. Which just hurts the eyes for looking at it for too long.

• Options
    The +10 Theater of Pain I ran this morning, in meme form:

w3gw0tj0j96q.png

the fucked up thing is that we still timed it. Despite: the above, one DPS at <200 ilvl, two DPS that had never cleared above a +6, two melee DPS in Spiteful, the Enhancement Shaman dying at least six times, the Hunter phasing through the floor of the portal section and having to hearth and run back while we kept pulling, and three people dying to the final boss. We finished with just over a minute on the clock.

• Options
    KamarKamar Registered User regular
    edited January 2021
    Leveling a night elf DK because I'm too cheap to pay for a race change on my 50 human DK, decide to do a few levels in Legion and head to Val'sharah.

It's time to fight the satyr under the furbolg town, and I pop everything and its pets everywhere. Default 1, 1 from talent, 8 from Army, 4 from Apocalypse. He's melting.

And then he casts his spell that creates a shadow enemy...and it spawns one for every single one of them.

Kamar on
  • Options
    wfjudisocvb61.png

• Options
    Smrtnik wrote: »

EN, the 3 boss raid with Helya, Nighthold, the Broken Isle raid, e argus raid

Uld, Battle DazarvAloe 2 boss sqid raid, Azhara Eternal Palace, Nyalotha
    I don't really count the 2 boss raids, but I guess they could probably tie up a Shadowlands storyline with a mini raid if they wanted.

• Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    I bet we’re getting a mini raid for Shadowlands

• Options
    Javen wrote: »
    I bet we’re getting a mini raid for Shadowlands

It seems very likely. There are more than enough plot threads to justify it so unless the BfA one was received poorly, I don't see any reason not to continue the pattern.

• Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    They generally have been received poorly, but I don’t think that’ll stop them

I think the BFA one is the first raid that our guild never cleared when it was current since Sunwell.

• Options
    the BFA one was impossible horseshit for literally worthless loot

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    Crucible was definitely way overetuned but the trinkets from Uu'nat were insane, even compared to EP trinkets.

• Options
    Oh man that reminded me of the single most powerful trinket in Mythic Eternal Palace: an ilvl 400 (LFR EP ilvl) crafted BoE.

God EP's balance was such a nightmare. Between that trinket and Benthic gear your best DPS set would easily average out to like 10-15 ilvls below Mythic gear.

• Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    pretty sure coral and font far outperformed the boe

• Options
    edited January 2021
    It was a caster trinket so it didn't overlap with Coral at all.

Coral was its own other balance disaster.

edit: Font was also simbait for a lot of classes.

3cl1ps3 on
  • Options
    edited January 2021
    Well, today has been A DAY. Need to write all of this:

First, did Heroic Plaguefall on my hunter for the calling, healer dies since he had to answer the door, tank keeps going. After being told that the healer was dead, tank answers with: "Is not my fault he can't keep up". Healer quits, we get other one and finish, though whole thing left a bad taste.

Then, roster boss has been a thing, so we had issues killing Heroic Hungering Destroyer again. Had a Resto Shaman join recently, he was dying a lot for doing that thing where you are up the ass of the boss so you get clipped by beams, we talked to him about it (since I died that way when we killed it on Normal) and he went "I'm fucking tired of you riding my ass" and rage quit the raid and the guild. After that, we got another guildie on the roster, killed Destroyer on the pull right after that, got like 6 BoEs, and managed to do progress by killing Artificer, so we are now 4/10 H, next week we are probably killing Kael. Got a meme from it: "Can anybody ragequit so we can get more BoEs?".

Finally, we did some M+ after the raid, first one we missed timer by 7 seconds or so thanks to some messy pulls, second one we had to pug a tank and a healer, the tank went all spamming trash talk on chat like a League of Legends match (despite the run going smooth), guildie tells him to either shut the fuck up and do his job or leave, so that was it. And it was my key, so yeah. Did apologized to the healer for that, he was cool and accepted my apology thankfully.

TryCatcher on
  • Options
    I think a sociological study of the history of World of Warcraft's player community toxicity would be fascinating. How did it get like that? Why has it remained like that? Why do people think it's ok to act like that?

BahamutZERO.gif
This discussion has been closed.