As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Go find the new Cyberpunk thread

• Options
    dporowskidporowski Registered User regular
    Their standard practice for VO/localisation is "record everything. all of it.", so they just in case don't need to try to get VAs back in, re-record, etc. Rather sensible, much easier to "not use the extra footage" than it is to "make up new footage oh fuck".

• Options
    JoolanderJoolander Registered User regular
    Just picked this up and I’m having a blast

I can see why people would be mad if they followed all the marketing hype, but I didn’t so I’m just excited for more

• Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    edited January 2021
    dporowski wrote: »
    Their standard practice for VO/localisation is "record everything. all of it.", so they just in case don't need to try to get VAs back in, re-record, etc. Rather sensible, much easier to "not use the extra footage" than it is to "make up new footage oh fuck".

Sure makes sense. But why put it in the game, script the dialogue option out entirely in the game engine, and then remove it for the full release? Recording v/o just in case and then actually implementing it in the game are two different things. Seems to me a fairly last minute change.

Local H Jay on
  • Options
    Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular

Sure makes sense. But why put it in the game, script the dialogue option out entirely in the game engine, and then remove it for the full release? Recording v/o just in case and then actually implementing it in the game are two different things. Seems to me a fairly last minute change.

They already addressed this when the files were first found last month. They recorded everything, as is standard practice, but it wasn't just pulled/changed at the last minute. Judy was not meant to be a romance option for male characters.

And good, I say. Let NPCs have actual preferences. You guys can keep Panam, and leave Judy to me. :razz:

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
  • Options
    I don't know why we can suddenly trust anything CDPR says about the development of this game.

• Options
    I don't know why we can suddenly trust anything CDPR says about the development of this game.

I think it depends on whether the source is a programmer or a marketer... >.>

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • Options

I think it depends on whether the source is a programmer or a marketer... >.>

A lot of those same devs were saying misleading things too, in interviews and on stream

• Options
    SatsumomoSatsumomo Rated PG! Registered User regular
    Satsumomo wrote: »
    Same here, I avoided all trailers and info, I wanted to discover everything on my own but I didn't make it past 3 hours because of how unfinished and shallow it feels. Note that I'm an avid gamer, and I played a lot of The Division 1 & 2, both games have a pretty deep skill system so going into Cyberpunk and seeing just how simple it is there just started to raise alarms for me. And the combat also leaves a lot to be desired.

I really didn't have an issue with the shallow skill system in C2077 because every game that isn't Path of Exile has the same-feeling shallow ass skill system, including the Division games: Click a thing, get that thing, a little bit of synergy with items, end of system. It's just kind of a thing I expect with AAA games and haven't been let down since.

It's doesn't dampen my enjoyment of them, since the meat lies elsewhere. But yeah, there's definitely degrees with this.

I'm not saying TD's skill system is incredibly deep, but it's way better than "Everything is a % increase". It's complex enough that I can make interesting builds other than DPS machines.

• Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    edited January 2021
    cyberpunk skills / items / stats kinda interact in a pretty boring way due to how easy it is to get certain stats and how limited the stat range is

its just like ya ur gonna be spraying some kinda 100% crit chance high crit multi gun at people unless ur hitting them with a 100% crit chance sword or punch really, and then this makes things like the ability to throw knives or whatever in the skill tree seem totally comical. the exception is quickhacks, but quickhacks are similarly thoughtless - ur gonna max out every single damage and spread affecting node, so its not like its a build as much as "im doing quickhacks so im definitely taking all the quick hack stuff that matters". then u pick one of the 2 good legendary cyberdecks and thats it - its not even like legendary quickhacks have unique properties so once u got one u got one

a lot of the skills also seem to be entirely useless / redundant, eg "you can shoot while dodging" (or just get kereznikov...?)

there arent secondary stats on weapons that really matter much beyond that, and the item generation is pretty lacklustre in variation terms bar a few comedy options like "this gun knocks people into narnia" or "shoots twice"

when they figure out a combat and weapon rebalance that focuses less on stupid stat inflation, massively tame crit chance and multiplicative damage scaling + enemy behaviour and types then they can do a pass on the skills to add stuff that is interesting because right now it aint super broad

if u want a good test of this just save ur game and craft a bunch of legendary guns. look at the guns that come out. think how many u can make and how little variation u see within those weapons

surrealitycheck on
    obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    edited January 2021
    Yeah it isn't hard to start hitting for 30000 all time.

Which while hilarious makes things a lot less interesting.

TBH I would much prefer if they pared down each skill tree, got rid of most of the hard stat modifiers and just added stuff that alter or enhanced in meaningful ways.

Dragkonias on
  • Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    edited January 2021
    Same here, I avoided all trailers and info, I wanted to discover everything on my own but I didn't make it past 3 hours because of how unfinished and shallow it feels. Note that I'm an avid gamer, and I played a lot of The Division 1 & 2, both games have a pretty deep skill system so going into Cyberpunk and seeing just how simple it is there just started to raise alarms for me. And the combat also leaves a lot to be desired.

I really didn't have an issue with the shallow skill system in C2077 because every game that isn't Path of Exile has the same-feeling shallow ass skill system, including the Division games: Click a thing, get that thing, a little bit of synergy with items, end of system. It's just kind of a thing I expect with AAA games and haven't been let down since.

It's doesn't dampen my enjoyment of them, since the meat lies elsewhere. But yeah, there's definitely degrees with this.

I'm not saying TD's skill system is incredibly deep, but it's way better than "Everything is a % increase". It's complex enough that I can make interesting builds other than DPS machines.

It's... not really much different. The big thing is Divisions armor is actually kind of useful, whereas C2077's armor is literally just window dressing You get the weapon attachments, loadouts, a bit more diverse of a skillset (but less total skills), but in the end to someone like me who just spend a week trying different ailment/skill/damage type conversions with a million different unique armors, ascendancies, and unique effects from certain skill gems and support gems, I couldn't tell you the actual differences between Anthem, CP2077, Dark Souls, or the Division. None of it feels particularly deep and all of it is really surface level.

Now I like every game I just listed, even Anthem (though it got old fast). And I get it if you feel like this is a roadblock for you, we all like different stuff. Just from a high level inspection, I'm not finding any real AAA games with any kind of deep build system, save Monster Hunters decently deep skill interactions.

jungleroomx on
  • Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    cyberpunk skills / items / stats kinda interact in a pretty boring way due to how easy it is to get certain stats and how limited the stat range is

its just like ya ur gonna be spraying some kinda 100% crit chance high crit multi gun at people unless ur hitting them with a 100% crit chance sword or punch really, and then this makes things like the ability to throw knives or whatever in the skill tree seem totally comical. the exception is quickhacks, but quickhacks are similarly thoughtless - ur gonna max out every single damage and spread affecting node, so its not like its a build as much as "im doing quickhacks so im definitely taking all the quick hack stuff that matters". then u pick one of the 2 good legendary cyberdecks and thats it - its not even like legendary quickhacks have unique properties so once u got one u got one

a lot of the skills also seem to be entirely useless / redundant, eg "you can shoot while dodging" (or just get kereznikov...?)

there arent secondary stats on weapons that really matter much beyond that, and the item generation is pretty lacklustre in variation terms bar a few comedy options like "this gun knocks people into narnia" or "shoots twice"

when they figure out a combat and weapon rebalance that focuses less on stupid stat inflation, massively tame crit chance and multiplicative damage scaling + enemy behaviour and types then they can do a pass on the skills to add stuff that is interesting because right now it aint super broad

if u want a good test of this just save ur game and craft a bunch of legendary guns. look at the guns that come out. think how many u can make and how little variation u see within those weapons

They went horizontal with the weapons. There's so many different types and only a few of them are even worth the effort.

The skill trees are just kind of bizarre mishmashes that only sort of really coincide with what they're supposed to be for. The shoot while dodging one I skipped because tbh I never dodged. Double press the arrow button to dash indeed.

• Options
    SiliconStewSiliconStew Registered User regular
    edited January 2021

They already addressed this when the files were first found last month. They recorded everything, as is standard practice, but it wasn't just pulled/changed at the last minute. Judy was not meant to be a romance option for male characters.

And good, I say. Let NPCs have actual preferences. You guys can keep Panam, and leave Judy to me. :razz:

Plus deleting random asset files out could cause unforseen breakages in the game. I doubt they would spend the time retesting everything over some minor back end cleanup for stuff that no player will see anyway. Especially with all their other issues to worry about.

SiliconStew on
    Just remember that half the people you meet are below average intelligence.
  • Options
    edited January 2021
    Yeah, y'all have no idea how many random unused assets of various kinds are floating around in your games, apps, etc. Why? 'Cause fuck if anyone wants to find out what happens when you delete them.

Edit: Especially shit like that. "We just deleted a few thousand voice lines, someone go make sure everything's still cool."

dporowski on
  • Options
    EspantaPajaroEspantaPajaro Registered User regular
    The souls games are a good non rpg example , they usually have three or four half done quest lines with voice work cut but still in the files .

• Options
    StormwatcherStormwatcher Blegh BlughRegistered User regular
    i'm more saddened by the absolute shallowness of the world and the lack of simulations and systems in it
    it's barely a bunch of painted cardboard boxes with a bunch of painted cardboard dolls.

I like this game, but it's the shallowest open world since GTA2.

even GTAIII was several years ahead of it.

Steam: Stormwatcher | PSN: Stormwatcher33 | Switch: 5961-4777-3491
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    i'm more saddened by the absolute shallowness of the world and the lack of simulations and systems in it
    it's barely a bunch of painted cardboard boxes with a bunch of painted cardboard dolls.

I like this game, but it's the shallowest open world since GTA2.

even GTAIII was several years ahead of it.

Alternatively it's the most interesting open world I have ever gotten to play in.

I guess it kinda depends on what you are looking for from on open world.

I had played Legion right before it and it was like night and day with how much more interesting the world was to explore.

• Options
    XagarXagar Registered User regular
    Yeah, I care about beautiful and strange locales in my open worlds, not minigames or sitting in chairs or what have you that other people seem to like. This game has the former in spades.

• Options
    edited January 2021
    Yeah, calling it on par with GTA2 is kind of a bridge too far for me, and I even said the game felt empty.

jungleroomx on
  • Options
    Space PickleSpace Pickle Registered User regular
    Xagar wrote: »
    Yeah, I care about beautiful and strange locales in my open worlds, not minigames or sitting in chairs or what have you that other people seem to like. This game has the former in spades.

In Oblivion you could sit down on a bench and do nothing. It was the height of realism.

• Options
    grouch993grouch993 Both a man and a numberRegistered User regular
    I keep hearing about all the bugs. I am playing on PC. I have run into two. The first was floating trees and shrubs. My own fault for not updating video drivers.

The second was after the 1.06 patch, had the display mess up after alt-tabbing out of the game. This usually clears up by loading a save.

Other things:
    The romances remind me of Louis L'amour and similar writers handling. Somewhere in the book, offhandedly mention someone. Then in the last few pages of the book suddenly the protagonist is unable to live without said person. A couple of sentences of undying devotion and then forget about it.

On the endings...
    Why is it okay to suffer for approximately six months with increasing pain and bleeding, the growing depression and despair, but deciding to suicide means everyone thinks you are a complete shit?

Steam Profile Origin grouchiy
  • Options
    edited January 2021
    grouch993 wrote: »
    I keep hearing about all the bugs. I am playing on PC. I have run into two. The first was floating trees and shrubs. My own fault for not updating video drivers.

The second was after the 1.06 patch, had the display mess up after alt-tabbing out of the game. This usually clears up by loading a save.

Other things:
    The romances remind me of Louis L'amour and similar writers handling. Somewhere in the book, offhandedly mention someone. Then in the last few pages of the book suddenly the protagonist is unable to live without said person. A couple of sentences of undying devotion and then forget about it.

On the endings...
    Why is it okay to suffer for approximately six months with increasing pain and bleeding, the growing depression and despair, but deciding to suicide means everyone thinks you are a complete shit?

Actual answer regarding the spoiler in real world terms
    One of the actual responses to suicide is anger. And it's not uncommon. It feels like a betrayal, moreso than other forms of dying, because it's self-inflicted. You can know that suicide can happen with untreated mental illnesses all you want, it doesn't stop the feelings.

As someone who's gone through this shit before, it felt like someone did their homework. Like, they fucking nailed it.

jungleroomx on
  • Options
    urahonkyurahonky Registered User regular
    https://www.theverge.com/2021/1/22/22239765/cyberpunk-2077-update-patch-bug-fixes

It says the first big patch is out... But... There have been 2 patches that were large (AFAIK the day 1 patch was 30gb and the large one was 20gb or so).

• Options
    Whatever happened corrupted my save so yeah, gonna just request a refund I think

Maybe a future update will unfuck things, maybe they'll get 20 bucks from me in a year or two when it's done

Who knows

• Options
    Patch Notes.
    Patch 1.1 for Cyberpunk 2077 is now available on PC, consoles and Stadia!

In this update we focused on various stability improvements, which you can find outlined in the patch notes below. We will continue this work in patch 1.2 and other upcoming updates. At the same time we will keep fixing the bugs you encounter and listening to your feedback on how to improve the overall game experience.

Stability
    Various stability improvements including:
    • Memory usage improvements in various systems within the game: characters, interactions, navigation, in-game videos (news, tv, etc.), foliage, laser effects, minimap, devices, AI, street traffic, environmental damage system, GPU-related, and more.
    • Various crash fixes (related to, among others, loading saves, game opening/closing and Point of No Return).
    Quests/Open World
    • Fixed an issue where calls from Delamain would end immediately and seem like they cannot be picked up in Epistrophy.
    • Fixed an issue where players would not receive calls from Delamain when approaching relevant vehicles in Epistrophy.
    • Fixed an issue where the objective could get stuck on "Answer the call from Mr. Hands" in M'ap Tann Pèlen.
    • Fixed an issue where Judy could teleport underground in Pyramid Song.
    • Fixed an issue where it would be impossible to talk to Zen Master in Poem of The Atoms.
    • Fixed an issue where Takemura wouldn't call in Down on the Street.
    • Fixed an issue where Jackie could disappear in The Pickup.
    • Fixed an issue where it could be impossible to get out of the car in The Beast in Me: The Big Race.
    • Fixed an issue where players could stop receiving calls and messages after moving too far away from A Day In The Life area.
    • Fixed an issue where opening the package wouldn't update Space Oddity.
    • Retro-fixed the saves affected by a rare issue where speaking to Judy in Automatic Love would be impossible due to an invisible wall. The underlying issue is under investigation.
    • Fixed an issue that prevented players from collecting the reward in Gig: Freedom of the Press. The quest will auto-complete for those who could not collect the reward previously, and the reward will be provided automatically.
    • Fixed an issue where Delamain would remain silent throughout Epistrophy if the player initially refused to help him.
    UI
    • Fixed an issue where prompt for exiting braindance could be missing.
    • Removed an invalid item from loot.

Visual
    • Fixed an issue where a grenade's trajectory could be displayed in photo mode.
    • Fixed particles' hue appearing pink when viewed close up.
    • Fixed cars spawning incorrectly in Reported Crime: Welcome to Night City.

Achievements
    • Fixed an issue where completing one of theassaults in progress in Santo Domingo would sometimes not contribute towards progression for The Jungle achievement, preventing its completion.

Miscellaneous
    • Addressed the issue responsible for saves getting oversized (related to the modifier indicating if the item is crafted), and trimmed the excess size from already existing saves (note: this won’t fix PC save files corrupted before 1.06 update).
    • Fixed an issue where input could stop registering upon opening the weapon wheel and performing an action.
    • Fixed an issue where the "Continue" button in the Main Menu could load an end game save.
    PlayStation-specific
    • Performance optimization of crowds on PlayStation 4 Pro and PlayStation 5.
    • Various crash fixes on PlayStation 4.

Xbox-specific
    • Improved memory usage for character creation, mirrors, scanning, camera remote control, menus (inventory, map) on Xbox One, Xbox One X and Xbox One S.

PC-specific
    • It will now be possible to obtain achievements while in Steam offline mode. Note: Offline mode needs to be enabled before starting the game. This change does not work retroactively.
    • Addressed the game startup crashes related to loading cache on NVIDIA graphics cards.
    Stadia-specific
    • Concert audio should no longer be inaudible in Never Fade Away.
    • Fixed corrupted textures on several melee weapons.
    • Tweaked default deadzone settings to be more responsive. Note: the change will not affect settings unless they’re set to default.

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • Options
    Ninja Snarl PNinja Snarl P My helmet is my burden. Ninja Snarl: Gone, but not forgotten.Registered User regular
    Three fucking patches in and they still haven't fixed basic gameplay things like augs fucking up other augs or mods/augs just outright not working as stated. Amazing.

• Options
    Zilla360Zilla360 21st Century. |She/Her| Trans* Woman In Aviators Firing A Bazooka. ⚛️Registered User regular
    Some good fixes, but this patch feels somewhat underwhelming; it's more like a smaller hotfix rather than what most were expecting out of a full point release.

They don't mention if they've fixed any of the holes in the geometry, where you fall out of the world, I would have thought that would be a priority for them to fix.

And one of the Cyberpsycho quests is still bugged for me - "Cyberpsycho Sighting: Discount Doc" (the one on the construction site). I'm missing a shard that I need to read, as the dead NPC with it in their pockets has despawned.
    So I can't get the requisite achievement for doing all of the Cyberpsycho quests without starting a second playthrough.

• Options
    HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    Zilla360 wrote: »
    Some good fixes, but this patch feels somewhat underwhelming; it's more like a smaller hotfix rather than what most were expecting out of a full point release.

They don't mention if they've fixed any of the holes in the geometry, where you fall out of the world, I would have thought that would be a priority for them to fix.

And one of the Cyberpsycho quests is still bugged for me - "Cyberpsycho Sighting: Discount Doc" (the one on the construction site). I'm missing a shard that I need to read, as the dead NPC with it in their pockets has despawned.
    So I can't get the requisite achievement for doing all of the Cyberpsycho quests without starting a second playthrough.

Yeah my reaction was basically "...well it's a start I guess?"

Unrelated note: I am annoyed by how long it takes to get access to my baby, err, I mean the Javelina. Which is my baby.

My baby that I am sad that cannot mount high caliber/high explosive weapons on because just driving it 100% makes me feel like I'm playing Deathtrack.

• Options
    Yeah apparently the pedestrian AI is busted. Watching all the videos uploaded to reddit is kind of fun.

• Options
    Apparently there's a new game breaking bug with Takemura. He calls but never leaves so you can't progress. Reloading a previous save doesn't work. Just be warned.

• Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    That’s a pretty underwhelming patch

• Options
    CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    edited January 2021
    https://www.reddit.com/r/cyberpunkgame/comments/l30rq7/11_update_complete_list_of_verified_perks_working/

It is kind of interesting how pointless a few of the perks that do work are because they only apply to base stats in a way that doesn't increase them much or have hidden restriction
    Invincible: "Increases max health by 10%."

Only applies to base HP. 10% of base HP at lvl 50 = 43 HP.
    True Grit: "Increases max stamina by 10%."

Only applies to base stamina. 10% of base stamina at lvl 50 = 15 stamina.
    Sting Like a Bee: "Increases attack speed with Blades by 10%."

Only works if weapon is not at attack speed cap. See appendix for more info.
    The stamina one and HP ones would be kind of bad if the game didn't have a lack of decent perks to spend points on

One does stuff you could already do
    Acrobat: "You can now perform dodges while aiming a Pistol or Revolver."
    Not Working
    You can already dodge while aiming a pistol/revolver without the perk.

Plus stuff that plain doesn't work
    Gladiator: "Reduces the amount of Stamina consumed when blocking melee attacks by 20%."
    Not Working
    Hard Motherfucker: "When entering combat, Armor and Resistances increase by 10% for 10 sec. +1% per level."
    Not Working
    Mongoose: "Increases Evasion by 25% while reloading."
    Not Working
    All evasion related stats not working.
    Bloodbath: "Dismembering enemies reduces weapon recoil by 50% for 6 sec."
    Not Working
    Heavy Lead: "Shotguns and Light Machine Guns knock back enemies with more force."
    Not Working
    Biathlete: "Weapon spread does not increase while moving."
    Not Working
    Poppin' Off: "Shotguns have 25% higher chance of dismembering enemies."
    Not Working
    Can't see a difference. Used a Carnage.
    Hit The Deck: "Increases damage to staggered and knocked-down enemies by 10%."
    Not Working
    Juggernaut: "Increases Armor by 15% while blocking with a Blunt Weapon."
    Not Working
    Guerrilla: "Increases Crit Damage for 10 sec. after entering combat. +2% per level."
    Not Working
    Reinvigorate: "Defeating an enemy by performing a Strong Attack with a Blunt Weapon restores 10% Stamina."
    Not Working
    Skull Skipper: "Each headshot reduces recoil with Rifles and Submachine Guns by 5% for 10 sec. Stacks up to 5 times."
    Not Working
    Bunker: "Increases Armor and Resistances by 15% when shooting with Rifles and Submachine Guns from behind cover."
    Not Working
    Recoil Wrangler: "Reduces recoil with Rifles and Submachine Guns by 10%."
    Not Working
    Punisher: "After defeating an enemy with a Rifle or Submachine Gun, weapon sway is nullified and weapon spread does not increase for 10 sec. +0.2 sec. per Perk level."
    Not Working
    Steady Hand: "Reduces Pistol and Revolver recoil by 30%."
    Not Working
    Vanishing Point: "Evasion increases by 25% for 6 sec. after performing a dodge with a Pistol or Revolver equipped."
    Not Working
    The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly: "After a successful Crit Hit with a Pistol or Revolver, damage and Armor increase by 30% for 5 seconds. +1% per Perk level."
    Not Working
    Dragon Strike: "Increases Crit Damage with Blades by 25%. +1% per Perk level."
    Not Working
    Mass Vulnerability: "Unlocks the Mass Vulnerability daemon, which reduces the Physical Resistance for all enemies in the network by 30% for 3 min."
    Not Working
    Transmigration: "Increases the breach time of Breach Protocol by 50%. +5% per Perk level."
    Not working
    Anamnesis: "Available cyberdeck RAM cannot drop below 2 unit(s)."
    Not Working
    Sapper: "Grenades deal 10% more damage."
    Not Working
    200% Efficiency: "Crafted clothes gain 2.5% more armor."
    Not Working
    Field Technician: "Crafted weapons deals 2.5% more damage."
    Partially Working
    Not working on melee weapons.
    Mech Looter: "When looting drones, mechs and robots, there is a 25% chance of looting a weapon mod or attachment."
    Not Working
    Insulation: "Grants immunity to shock."
    Not Working
    Play the angles: "Ricochets deal an additional 50% damage."
    Not Working
    Superconductor: "Tech weapons ignore Armor."
    Not Working
    Revamp: "Increases damage Tech weapons by 25%, increases charges damage from all chargeable weapons and cyberware by 10%. +1% charge damage per Perk level."
    Not Working
    Rattlesnake: "Enemies affected by Poison are slowed."
    Not Working
    Toxicology: "Increases the duration of Poison applied to enemies by 5 seconds. +0.2 sec. per Perk level."
    Not Working
    Merciless: "While Cold Blood is active, increases Crit Chance by 10% and Crit Damage by 25%. +1% Crit Chance and +3% Crit Damage per Perk level."
    Not Working

And stuff that is better than it should be
    Cardio Cure: "Health regenerates 25% faster as you move."

Regeneration bonus active at all times.
    Daisy Chain: "Eliminating a target affected by a quickhack reduces the existing cooldowns for all other active quickhacks by 10%."
    Overworking
    Currently reduces cooldowns TO and not BY the listed percentage. 100 second cooldown with an immediate kill drops the CD to 10s.
    Slow and Steady: "Armor is increased by 15% while moving."

Only applies when holding a blade. Also do not have to be moving.
    Hasten The Inevitable: "Deal 20% more damage to enemies affected by Poison."
    Overworking
    Works with or without poison on all weapons. Essentially adds 20% damage period.
    Frozen Precision: "Increases headshot damage by 50%."
    Working
    Applies the increased damage with or without Cold Stack buffs.

These are "OH COME THE FUCK ON!"
    Crazy Science: "Increases the sale price of crafted items by 10%. +1% per Perk level."
    Partially Working
    Only works until you reload your save, in which case it stops working.
    Ninjutsu: "Crouch Attacks from stealth with melee weapons deal 100% more damage."
    Not Working
    Only worked specifically with Baseball bats. Nothing else.

There is many more perks that simply do not work than I had noticed

Couscous on
  • Options
    edited January 2021
    I can't believe I didn't notice how day instantly turns into night between putting the body down for trauma team and leaving the garage in the first post-prologue mission

Edit: Like there isn't even any reason it has to be daytime when you are in the apartment. They could have just made it nighttime.

Couscous on
  • Options
    Zombie GandhiZombie Gandhi Registered User regular
    Couscous wrote: »
    https://www.reddit.com/r/cyberpunkgame/comments/l30rq7/11_update_complete_list_of_verified_perks_working/

It is kind of interesting how pointless a few of the perks that do work are because they only apply to base stats in a way that doesn't increase them much or have hidden restriction
    Invincible: "Increases max health by 10%."

Only applies to base HP. 10% of base HP at lvl 50 = 43 HP.
    True Grit: "Increases max stamina by 10%."

Only applies to base stamina. 10% of base stamina at lvl 50 = 15 stamina.
    Sting Like a Bee: "Increases attack speed with Blades by 10%."

Only works if weapon is not at attack speed cap. See appendix for more info.
    The stamina one and HP ones would be kind of bad if the game didn't have a lack of decent perks to spend points on

One does stuff you could already do
    Acrobat: "You can now perform dodges while aiming a Pistol or Revolver."
    Not Working
    You can already dodge while aiming a pistol/revolver without the perk.

Plus stuff that plain doesn't work
    Gladiator: "Reduces the amount of Stamina consumed when blocking melee attacks by 20%."
    Not Working
    Hard Motherfucker: "When entering combat, Armor and Resistances increase by 10% for 10 sec. +1% per level."
    Not Working
    Mongoose: "Increases Evasion by 25% while reloading."
    Not Working
    All evasion related stats not working.
    Bloodbath: "Dismembering enemies reduces weapon recoil by 50% for 6 sec."
    Not Working
    Heavy Lead: "Shotguns and Light Machine Guns knock back enemies with more force."
    Not Working
    Biathlete: "Weapon spread does not increase while moving."
    Not Working
    Poppin' Off: "Shotguns have 25% higher chance of dismembering enemies."
    Not Working
    Can't see a difference. Used a Carnage.
    Hit The Deck: "Increases damage to staggered and knocked-down enemies by 10%."
    Not Working
    Juggernaut: "Increases Armor by 15% while blocking with a Blunt Weapon."
    Not Working
    Guerrilla: "Increases Crit Damage for 10 sec. after entering combat. +2% per level."
    Not Working
    Reinvigorate: "Defeating an enemy by performing a Strong Attack with a Blunt Weapon restores 10% Stamina."
    Not Working
    Skull Skipper: "Each headshot reduces recoil with Rifles and Submachine Guns by 5% for 10 sec. Stacks up to 5 times."
    Not Working
    Bunker: "Increases Armor and Resistances by 15% when shooting with Rifles and Submachine Guns from behind cover."
    Not Working
    Recoil Wrangler: "Reduces recoil with Rifles and Submachine Guns by 10%."
    Not Working
    Punisher: "After defeating an enemy with a Rifle or Submachine Gun, weapon sway is nullified and weapon spread does not increase for 10 sec. +0.2 sec. per Perk level."
    Not Working
    Steady Hand: "Reduces Pistol and Revolver recoil by 30%."
    Not Working
    Vanishing Point: "Evasion increases by 25% for 6 sec. after performing a dodge with a Pistol or Revolver equipped."
    Not Working
    The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly: "After a successful Crit Hit with a Pistol or Revolver, damage and Armor increase by 30% for 5 seconds. +1% per Perk level."
    Not Working
    Dragon Strike: "Increases Crit Damage with Blades by 25%. +1% per Perk level."
    Not Working
    Mass Vulnerability: "Unlocks the Mass Vulnerability daemon, which reduces the Physical Resistance for all enemies in the network by 30% for 3 min."
    Not Working
    Transmigration: "Increases the breach time of Breach Protocol by 50%. +5% per Perk level."
    Not working
    Anamnesis: "Available cyberdeck RAM cannot drop below 2 unit(s)."
    Not Working
    Sapper: "Grenades deal 10% more damage."
    Not Working
    200% Efficiency: "Crafted clothes gain 2.5% more armor."
    Not Working
    Field Technician: "Crafted weapons deals 2.5% more damage."
    Partially Working
    Not working on melee weapons.
    Mech Looter: "When looting drones, mechs and robots, there is a 25% chance of looting a weapon mod or attachment."
    Not Working
    Insulation: "Grants immunity to shock."
    Not Working
    Play the angles: "Ricochets deal an additional 50% damage."
    Not Working
    Superconductor: "Tech weapons ignore Armor."
    Not Working
    Revamp: "Increases damage Tech weapons by 25%, increases charges damage from all chargeable weapons and cyberware by 10%. +1% charge damage per Perk level."
    Not Working
    Rattlesnake: "Enemies affected by Poison are slowed."
    Not Working
    Toxicology: "Increases the duration of Poison applied to enemies by 5 seconds. +0.2 sec. per Perk level."
    Not Working
    Merciless: "While Cold Blood is active, increases Crit Chance by 10% and Crit Damage by 25%. +1% Crit Chance and +3% Crit Damage per Perk level."
    Not Working

And stuff that is better than it should be
    Cardio Cure: "Health regenerates 25% faster as you move."

Regeneration bonus active at all times.
    Daisy Chain: "Eliminating a target affected by a quickhack reduces the existing cooldowns for all other active quickhacks by 10%."
    Overworking
    Currently reduces cooldowns TO and not BY the listed percentage. 100 second cooldown with an immediate kill drops the CD to 10s.

Hasten The Inevitable: "Deal 20% more damage to enemies affected by Poison."
    Overworking
    Works with or without poison on all weapons. Essentially adds 20% damage period.
    Frozen Precision: "Increases headshot damage by 50%."
    Working
    Applies the increased damage with or without Cold Stack buffs.

These are "OH COME THE FUCK ON!"
    Crazy Science: "Increases the sale price of crafted items by 10%. +1% per Perk level."
    Partially Working
    Only works until you reload your save, in which case it stops working.
    Ninjutsu: "Crouch Attacks from stealth with melee weapons deal 100% more damage."
    Not Working

There is many more perks that simply do not work than I had noticed

More reason respecs should be easier/cheaper. Holy hell how does so much just not work.

• Options
    The ultimate perks that you can continue putting points into indefinitely just seem so pointless to put in more than 1 point even for those that do work properly.

Well, it would be if all the perks worked properly and more of them were good instead of hilarious jokes like the swimming stealth perk. Or the one that prevents knock down, which is a net negative because it causing you to almost always die when getting hit by a car.

A decent number of perks had wrong descriptions that made me buy them because I assumed the descriptions were accurate. There are a ton like these:
    Manic: "When entering combat, your movement speed increases by 20% for 10 sec."

Only applies to Shotguns and LMGs.

I had assumed it would apply to all weapons because nothing in the description said it would only apply when using certain weapons. Armor being increased when moving would be great for shotguns and movement speed increase would also be great for blunt weapons.

• Options
    Wait wait that's the 1.1 patch?

Are you fucking kidding me?

0lbgoem4fd44.jpg

• Options
    Space PickleSpace Pickle Registered User regular
    Not Working

uh, this is clearly an homage to the famed japanese baseball ninjas who guarded the shogun. working as intended

• Options
    Realistically, they probably had to refactor "their entire loading process" as well as "how items work" to deal with the streaming changes as well as the removal of "isCrafted" on sold items. That alone was probably an amount of work that made someone cry, at least metaphorically.

So yeah, "things that are not related to the guts" probably wouldn't show up in the patch.

• Options
    MorninglordMorninglord I'm tired of being Batman, so today I'll be Owl.Registered User regular
    Those memory changes on the console probably had them tearing their hair out and performing shamanic rituals just to get them working at all.

(PSN: Morninglord) (Steam: Morninglord) (WiiU: Morninglord22) I like to record and toss up a lot of random gaming videos here.
  • Options
    Those memory changes on the console probably had them tearing their hair out and performing shamanic rituals just to get them working at all.

That, or "... it just worked. Why did it work? Why does it work?! Does someone else see this?!"