As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[FFXIV] Shadowguys: Next expansion announced! "Endwalker"

• Options
    CaedwyrCaedwyr Registered User regular
    Congratulations. Which class did you do it on?

• Options
    BilliardballBilliardball Registered User regular
    Caedwyr wrote: »
    Congratulations. Which class did you do it on?

GNB.

Slower than RDM, but much safer.

Switch: SW-7948-4390-2014 / 3DS: 0688-5244-6057 / FF14: Salus Claro
  • Options
    DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    Aw yeah end of week pushes, E12S finally down.

omlME18.jpg

• Options
    AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular
    Donnicton wrote: »
    I've been ignoring the rankings before now, but there's talk that whichever crafting job contributes the most overall will get a statue, and there are fandom rumblings about pushing culinarian because it would be funny

Yes, whichever profession contributes the most will get a statue themed after the crafting tool for that job. Imagine Ishgard having a giant memorial cooking pan

This must happen, as we need a memorial to the only person to ever spark fear in the Warrior of Light.

XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum / Steam: noxaeternum
  • Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Donnicton wrote: »
    I've been ignoring the rankings before now, but there's talk that whichever crafting job contributes the most overall will get a statue, and there are fandom rumblings about pushing culinarian because it would be funny

Yes, whichever profession contributes the most will get a statue themed after the crafting tool for that job. Imagine Ishgard having a giant memorial cooking pan

This must happen, as we need a memorial to the only person to ever spark fear in the Warrior of Light.

It took me a second because I was still thinking crafter questlines. But yes... scary mom is scary.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    Austin-Nunh

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular
    Tonberry server finishes the Firmament Restoration.

acpRlGW.jpg
    Steam: YOU FACE JARAXXUS| Twitch.tv: CainLoveless
  • Options
    NeveronNeveron HellValleySkyTree SwedenRegistered User regular
    every single housing district has a public swimming area, some are just more obvious than others

the Lavender Beds one isn't that great IMHO, The Mist and Shirogane both have excellent beaches, and The Goblet has some snazzy public pools that tbh I'm kind of envious of

• Options
    Neveron wrote: »
    every single housing district has a public swimming area, some are just more obvious than others

the Lavender Beds one isn't that great IMHO, The Mist and Shirogane both have excellent beaches, and The Goblet has some snazzy public pools that tbh I'm kind of envious of

The one good thing about the Goblet is having that shiny public pool smack in the middle. ...and a house just off it.

• Options
    Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular
    Neveron wrote: »

Alright, I'm homeless due to Glamour addiction so I never noticed.

acpRlGW.jpg
    Steam: YOU FACE JARAXXUS| Twitch.tv: CainLoveless
  • Options
    Desert LeviathanDesert Leviathan Registered User regular
    edited January 2021
    THE HOUSING DELETION LOCKOUT HAS EXPIRED

I counted 60 plots for sale in Shirogane before rushing to other zones, when I stopped counting and just started hunting for Mediums or Larges. Easily over 100 total, almost all Smalls. There were also 5 Mediums in the Goblet when I secured mine. Sadly, no larges. This was on Sargatanas, but I imagine the same is going on with most servers.

Desert Leviathan on
    Realizing lately that I don't really trust or respect basically any of the moderators here. So, good luck with life, friends! Hit me up on Twitter @DesertLeviathan
  • Options
  • Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    I hear that guy is botting so that's less cool

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    I was dumb and didn't know that demolitions started super early, so all the medium plots were gone when I woke up

• Options
    SabreMauSabreMau ネトゲしよう 판다리아Registered User regular
    At least we can (likely) expect 7x2x24=336 new mediums per server to suddenly appear at some point in the future.
    cvnxXEh.jpg

• Options
    turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular
    It going to be a baaaaaad time when they open Ishgard housing up.

X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    Been trying to decorate my new medium house just starting off with the pieces I used for the small one, but I don't think that's going to work. 300 interior items for a medium house vs. 200 for a small or 100 for an apartment seems reasonable at first glance, because you have one full additional floor, but each of the floors is also bigger than the small footprint, so the 100 items per floor wind up feeling a lot more spread out. Part of what made the old location feel right was the very compact fit. Every scrap of space was accounted for, and I used a lot of smaller items to make sure there was room for everything and also for people to move through it. I need to play around a LOT more with negative space, and also investigate some larger furniture items, because right now it looks kind of crappy.

Got my yard looking good though. If anyone's curious, I'm at Sargatanas Server, The Goblet, Ward 1, Plot 34.

Realizing lately that I don't really trust or respect basically any of the moderators here. So, good luck with life, friends! Hit me up on Twitter @DesertLeviathan
  • Options
    SkeithSkeith Registered User regular
    turtleant wrote: »

I would very much recommend doing what I did to snag a medium if you (or a friend) just wants a house more than a specific locale: camp out in the older district they prefer, and wait for the relocators after the Firmament is opened up.

aTBDrQE.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2021
    For me, the tier list looks like this:

S Tier: Large House in Ishgard
    A Tier: Medium House in Ishgard, Large House in Ul'dah
    B Tier: Small House in Ishgard, Medium House in Ul'dah, Large House in Limsa Lominsa
    C Tier: Small House in Ul'dah, Medium House in Limsa Lominsa, Large House in Gridania
    D Tier: Small House in Limsa Lominsa, Medium House in Gridania, Large House in Kugane
    F Tier: Small House in Gridania, Small or Medium House in Kugane

So I hopped from my C Tier to B Tier yesterday, and I'll only move again if I can get access to a house on a higher Tier, or if I have a huge heap of money to burn and find one on the same Tier with a better location. Obviously there are some other factors than just house size to determine which one is most desirable. I'd rather have a house close to friend's houses, I'd rather have one in the first half of the zone rather than the 90 degree rotated mirror half of the zone, I'd rather have a plot close to a market board and aetheryte, I'd like a good view, I'd like to be close to that district's swimming feature, I'd like to be in a lower number district rather than a higher number one, and so on. But I know I can't be THAT picky, those are all just a matter of luck.

As far as why I rank the individual cities that way:
    Ishgard: My main class is Dragoon, and my second most played job is Machinist, and so that was the city I felt most connected to after storming in and solving all their problems. Most of the major NPCs here are counted among Siege's dearest friends; Estinien, Aymeric, Hilda, Stephanivien, and especially the whole Fortemps family. If my House winds up staying anywhere else, my Apartment will go here. I have similar fondness for the Crystarium, but housing there seems unlikely. Housing actually in Ala Mhigo is even more unlikely, but if it ever arrived, it would push everything else down one rank on this list and take the top spot.

Ul'dah: My character is an Ala Mhigan Highlander. He was conscripted by the Empire as a teenager, and defected in the chaos after the Bozja incident, where most of his unit was killed and he only survived because he was on patrol outside the city. He knew returning to Ala Mhigo wasn't safe, and heard there was a large refugee community in Ul'dah. Which turned out to be kind of a fucked up deal of course, and he moved on to a career in piracy after only a year there. But he returned when he started his career as an Adventurer, because Ul'dah is where his people are, and where he could do the most direct good for them. Also he feels substantial loyalty and friendship to the Sultana and General Raubahn. So yeah, fuck the Monetarists, but for now Siege keeps his primary residence in the Goblet as a way of saying "I'm here keeping an eye on you, and you can't make me leave." If my house goes to Ishgard, my Apartment will be here.

Limsa Lominsa: After leaving Ul'dah, Siege had trouble finding work until he became involved in the world of professional piracy. His life was on a rough trajectory, before the Admiral's decree on Privateering and the formation of the Maelstrom gave him a chance to massively course-correct. In the modern day, he disapproves pretty sternly about a lot of what his leaders have done, but he's a patriot in the same way that I'm a patriot about the USA - he cares enough about it that he refuses to give up on its problems, even when they seem insurmountable. So, with very strong ties to Limsa Lominsa, why is it ranked third? Because my Free Company house and attached private room are already there, and I didn't want to overlap. If not for that, I would rank Limsa Lominsa tied with Ul'dah.

Gridania: Although Dragoon is my main job, I don't think my character's story actually involves any foundational training at the Lancer's Guild. I think the origin of his skills was probably chucking a harpoon on at fish to fill the stewpot on his pirate ship, and eventually becoming comfortable enough with it to use it as his main weapon during boarding actions. This is partly because Siege Zabac is an homage to my favorite FF character, Ward Zabac from FF8, who used a huge-ass whaling harpoon that was clearly meant to be launched from a ballista as his main weapon. Overall I like the aesthetic of the Lavender Beds, and a couple of my RP server characters would have probably take a run at moving there if they weren't all broke from making glamours, but the zone really doesn't fit my main character's style at all, and he doesn't have a particularly personal connection to the place.

Kugane: It would be different if the housing were actually in Doma, where Siege has friends and comrades. Kugane is just a staging ground for the Eastern campaign, that doesn't become directly involved in any meaningful way. Also, the Shogunate is possibly worse than any other government we've run into except the Empire and I guess Eulmore under Vauthry. It's just that we only get a glimpse of how fucked things are there through the Samurai job quests, so most players never hear about it. While I like the layout of Shirogane a lot, I just don't think Siege would willingly place himself under the jurisdiction of the Shogun.

Desert Leviathan on
  • Options
    Skeith wrote: »

I would very much recommend doing what I did to snag a medium if you (or a friend) just wants a house more than a specific locale: camp out in the older district they prefer, and wait for the relocators after the Firmament is opened up.

Oh I'm happy with my house. Got that waterfall spot beside the pools in The Goblet.

But a LOT of people want Ishgard houses, which is pretty understandable considering the games story, and they are going to get snatched up in like an hour at most.

Or worse they'll go live with the random timer on and people without houses will have to sit and watch people relocate to all the good spots before they even get a chance.

X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    SabreMauSabreMau ネトゲしよう 판다리아Registered User regular
    But they didn't go with any random timer when wards #22-24 went live.

• Options
    I'm at the end of heavensward and does nero ever stop acting like the least trustworthy jurp foil ever?

• Options
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    I'm at the end of heavensward and does nero ever stop acting like the least trustworthy jurp foil ever?

would it be better (more entertaining) if he did or did not stop?

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    I like that everyone is just completely over his shit already though

• Options
    TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    I'll just say be sure to do the 8-person raid series for stormblood if you want more of his shenanigans

• Options
    I like that everyone is just completely over his shit already though

It's very quickly clear that people only put up with him if they have to. Because unfortunately he's not wrong about being brilliant, so he's useful to have around... just... at arm's length and Cid's still your first choice because Cid doesn't have Cid issues.

• Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular

Can't help being a gemini!

• Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    I'll just say be sure to do the 8-person raid series for stormblood if you want more of his shenanigans

The stormblood 8 mans are the most textually married two npcs have ever been

• Options
    so with DNC you just have a 2 button rotation and play whack a mole with procs when they happen, right?

• Options
    edited January 2021
    yes, plus your dances on cooldown, and later on when you get the bigger dance and the damage self buff and the button that lights up all your proc buttons you want to align those and also save up feather procs for that window.
    Also remember your single target filler moves are ranged but your dances and AOE attacks are point blank AOE.
    also remember to designate a dance partner if you're 60+ to share your buffs with someone.

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    ph blakeph blake Registered User regular
    so with DNC you just have a 2 button rotation and play whack a mole with procs when they happen, right?

Basically, yeah. There's some nuance to saving procs for burst windows, and the job gets a lot more fun/busy once you get flourish at 72 (and then again with Saber Dance at 76).

But it's mostly just press your buttons, manage your procs, save resources for burst windows without overcapping.

7h8wnycre6vs.png
  • Options
    simulacrumsimulacrum She/herRegistered User regular
  • Options
    yes, plus your dances on cooldown, and later on when you get the bigger dance and the damage self buff and the button that lights up all your proc buttons you want to align those and also save up feather procs for that window.
    Also remember your single target filler moves are ranged but your dances and AOE attacks are point blank AOE.
    also remember to designate a dance partner if you're 60+ to share your buffs with someone.

Well standard finish and technical finish have a 15 yard radius, which is pretty big. Sometimes pretty useful, lets you tag an extra target in a widely spread add phase or such. Like the meteors on the last boss of Crystal Tower.

Or you know, accidently pull 2 extra mobs in Bozja and eat shit instantly...

X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    SkeithSkeith Registered User regular
    Dancers are war criminals in PvP

aTBDrQE.jpg
  • Options
    I for one, really like it when I play DNC and don't manage to get back to 4 feathers in the entire 2 minutes between technical steps.

Really gets my engine going.

Or when the game decides I'm just not going to get to do hits 3 and 4 in my combo for a solid 30 seconds.

X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    I for one, really like it when I play DNC and don't manage to get back to 4 feathers in the entire 2 minutes between technical steps.

Really gets my engine going.

Or when the game decides I'm just not going to get to do hits 3 and 4 in my combo for a solid 30 seconds.

It's amusing that MCH is now the only ranged DPS with no RNG mechanics.

This discussion has been closed.