As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

It's not anime, it's the 4th [Gunpla] thread

• miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
  • Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    szb0axote91q.jpeg
    Pulling some shit

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Corporal CarlCorporal Carl Registered User regular
    Mr. Ral / @turtleant will be happy : the MS-09R-35 Dom R35!
    a2c6sphw6g6h.jpg
    It has knee-claws and elbow-claws! Knee-claws I can understand (knee in the nuts and squish the squishy bits) but elbow claws?
    gdrzfcf4p9z8.jpg
    The right arm has the shield in spiky-punchy position. Note that the lightblue on the spiky-shield-bit is one big sticker.
    The left arm has the shield in shooty-gun-position.
    f3kshsnrgxwb.jpg
    I do think that the gun will still hit a bit of the shield, but who am I to question Mr. Ral?
    jwk3bjqhy0hr.jpg
    This thing has plenty of thrusters. Even 2 boob thrusters!
    The rear middle thrusters can also be placed in a lower position.

Good things about the kit :
    - Great colour scheme
    - Fun build
    - Shields that can be configured in 3 positions (classic/shooty/spiky-punch)
    - Impressively chunky
    - Moveable monoeye which is behind a clear visor

Lesser good things about the kit :
    - Big sticker on the shields
    - Not a lot of articulation; the head can barely turn, the torso can barely turn; the shields block a lot of arm articulation
    - This boy must suffer from chafed ankles, because it is almost impossible to pose this guy without the legs touching
    - The leg thrusters are a bit too moveable; when posing the kit you will be moving those thrusters involuntary

It does strike an amazing figure on the shelf :biggrin:
    I can heartily :+1: this kit!

PSN (PS4-Europe): Carolus-Billius
  • turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular
    Hell yeah

X22wmuF.jpg
  • NytewarriorNytewarrior Registered User regular
    Finished the Nu Gundam.

v9kPINo.jpg

He's a little back-heavy, so I see an action base in my future. Still, it was a great kit and a fun build. 9.5/10 would definitely recommend.

steam_sig.png
    PSN:Midnyte_Rage
  • Der Waffle MousDer Waffle Mous Blame this on the misfortune of your birth. New Yark, New Yark.Registered User regular
    was real disappointed to find out that the R35 wasn't a precursor to a revive Dom/Rick Dom

Steam PSN: DerWaffleMous Origin: DerWaffleMous Bnet: DerWaffle#1682
  • AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    Everything is turning up Athenor!

The re-arranging of my lego sets (see the Lego thread) has given me a ton of shelf room back. Originally my perfect grades were going to go where the city is now, but I think I like this layout better.

And as a benefit, I can actually show my Perfect Grades together!

E8N5gm2h.jpg

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    I wanna see a gundam strapped to a saturn V rocket, that's my ideal gundam

BahamutZERO.gif
  • AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    Well once I get the Full Armor kit going.... :D

Actually I saw somewhere that Bandai's released a 1/144 scale Saturn V. So theoretically you can!

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • LanzLanz ...Za?Registered User regular
    I wanna see a gundam strapped to a saturn V rocket, that's my ideal gundam

jsrsjcuyof0w.png

waNkm4k.jpg?1
  • Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    50014978806_d0600539dd_o.jpg

god I am imagining trying to launch this in kerbal space program and getting nauseous

BahamutZERO.gif
  • TNTrooperTNTrooper Registered User regular
    Kamille went to space in the Mk. II riding a booster.

steam_sig.png
  • LanzLanz ...Za?Registered User regular

god I am imagining trying to launch this in kerbal space program and getting nauseous

The good news is it’s almost assuredly meant for use while already in space

waNkm4k.jpg?1
    Hi I'm Gundam F90 welcome to Jackass

X22wmuF.jpg
  • BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular

It's a thing
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mZQs3yj9XwM

I'm building the HGUC Qubeley revive

What a funky mech

I'm building the HGUC Qubeley revive

What a funky mech

So shiney

X22wmuF.jpg
    edited January 2021
    agjwdv7jwa8f.jpeg
    Having a vacuum former owns

Bluedude152 on
    p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    Lanz wrote: »

Slapping some of the expansion pack stuff on. The 'reactive armor' doesn't seem as big as it did on the NG 1/100, but it's still p.good!

A cool detail on the 1st Form wrist armor; it has the Barbatos power symbols on it. I always thought the 4th Form was the canonical "factory reset" version as it appeared in the Calamity War, but now I'm not sure, maybe that wrist is an indicator that it used to look very different...

I think 4th is supposed to be it’s till out form, but given the nature of the CW it’s feasible that Barbatos might have had modifications as the war progressed; maybe the wrist armor is something like that, since it seems designed to have that light shield on it, and that’s the load out from when the unit was lost?

Update! There's also a Barbatos symbol on the wrench mace, which definitely shouldn't be there. :P

Oh brilliant
    bf0arrgl8ngp.jpeg
    Not sure on these pla panels

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Curly_BraceCurly_Brace Robot Girl Mimiga VillageRegistered User regular
    Starting on the Odysseus Gundam, the core unit of the absolute monster of the Penelope

• Doctor DetroitDoctor Detroit Registered User regular
    Wow, Crossbone X1 is soooo tiny. I think I'm glad I'm not doing this as an RG.

To quote the wordsmiths Busta Rhymes and Lloyd Banks off of their classical hit, "Touch it (Remix Part Three),"

It Ain't Over.

0N3eDiSh.jpg?1

edited January 2021
    MY BEAUTIFUL BOY (not actually mine but I love the destroid monster so much)

looks like the builder is customizing it with details like ball joints for the back cannon barrels to articulate

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
  • AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular
    Aaaand CrunchyRoll sub get.

Did Funimation buy Crunchyroll or was it the other way around

• rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    Did Funimation buy Crunchyroll or was it the other way around

Sony (funimation) bought crunchyroll from AT&T

• HefflingHeffling No Pic EverRegistered User regular
    The original Gundam has been on Funimation for a few months now.

• see317see317 Registered User regular
    looks like the builder is customizing it with details like ball joints for the back cannon barrels to articulate

Ah, that would make a lot more sense than replacing the big guns with ball mounted machine guns or something similar.

• TNTrooperTNTrooper Registered User regular
    see317 wrote: »

Ah, that would make a lot more sense than replacing the big guns with ball mounted machine guns or something similar.

He posted an update.

steam_sig.png
  • Curly_BraceCurly_Brace Robot Girl Mimiga VillageRegistered User regular
    Another WIP post:

I had so much fun doing the panel lining on these parts!

edited January 2021
    This was not worth the time it took me to get this pose to work.

VyhsJljh.jpg

Edit: And not two minutes later and it came toppling down. Nothing broken, just a piece on the hand came loose and thus the bazooka hit the floor. A couple bits snapped out of place. I now know where glue should go in the future.

Athenor on
  • Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    Ooh, I missed you building that Perfect Strike, Ath. That's on my backlog too.

I really like how blue the Unicorn is looking in pics. Ya gonna have to compare n' contrast with the Phenex.

Oh brilliant
    So I got another Ace Combat model a F4E
    6vxmo4upnzcn.jpg

Ace Combat is 20 years old????

Yeah I guess it is. Huh.

BahamutZERO.gif
    Damn, I'd love to get that kit for a couple of reasons.

First, I need more stuff in 1/72 scale. I always keep an eye out for kickass things at that scale because that's what Zoids are theoretically at.

Second, my dad was in the Air Force in Vietnam, and worked as a mechanic on the fuel tanks of F4's and such. There was always art of them around my house growing up.

Third, much of my early childhood was spent trying to play Chuck Yeager's Air Combat. When I could get past the copy protection, using a book we got from the Air Force museum in Dayton. My favorite jet to fly was the F4, thanks to the wild tail stabilizers and wing shapes.

I know I have a 1/200 Yamato until I get the room to put it together it will continue to sit in the box
    But I looked around a couple of months ago to see what else was that scale Trumpeter makes a lot of battleships the titanic and the USS hornet and there is a whole other company that makes resin [as well as a real wood decking the various ships} to bring them up to another level
    This is a pic of the Titanic to give a sense of the scale
    hcxl6sut0lyc.png

• Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    edited January 2021
    Not gonna lie, my dad always made WWII plane models growing up and it's very nostalgic. I think if not for that I would have been less interested in making my own gundams.

Local H Jay on
This discussion has been closed.