As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[WoW Classic] More full servers than Live.

• Options
    AllyxiaAllyxia Registered User regular
    CHOOSE YOUR FIGHTER

ENHANCEMENT
    ELEMENTAL
    RESTORATION

• Options
    PhyphorPhyphor Building Planet Busters Tasting FruitRegistered User regular
    Everyone's going to want to go ele or enh but we are going to make them go HEAL LAZORS

• Options
    enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    Team Chain Heal. But I'll probably level as enhancement.

Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • Options
    RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
    Not only Chaddius down, but ~35 seconds later, the raid died too lul

• Options
    Gonna go enhancement to join our late night zug zug pvpers

• Options
    Also because I wanna whack faces with windfury

• Options
    initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    I'd love to shammy but never level again. Classic boost tokens when

• Options
    FrozenzenFrozenzen Registered User regular
    I'll probably roll a shammy... once my druid and priest are 70 and done with the necessary grinds :P.

Also we managed to do 11/15 in one night yesterday, and even got in a try on Loatheb with no WBs. We managed to get him to 3% with ~10 people dying one inevitable doom early. Which means that with WBs we will explode him on tuesday and get some real solid time with the horsemen. It also means that we can actually kill him sans WBs if we all throw money at him in the right way!

• Options
    For us, if we can get abomination + spider + razu in one night, that's our next big goal. Opens up Gothik for night two, and then we can do Noth+Heigan and then no trash straight to Loatheb. That's what our two nights need to look like for a while.

• Options
    TurambarTurambar Independent Registered User regular
    Allyxia wrote: »
    Soooo, how many peeps here are making a space goat shammy at the start of TBC

Probably still gonna main my holy pally, but I really wanna shoot some lightning, so I'm gonna try to level a shammy

Shooting lightning is the coolest

Steam: turamb | Origin: Turamb | 3DS: 3411-1109-4537 | NNID: Turambar | Warframe(PC): Turamb
  • Options
    Rius wrote: »
    For us, if we can get abomination + spider + razu in one night, that's our next big goal. Opens up Gothik for night two, and then we can do Noth+Heigan and then no trash straight to Loatheb. That's what our two nights need to look like for a while.

Should be pretty easy if we don't fuck up on Thaddius.

• Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular

Should be pretty easy if we don't fuck up on Thaddius.

rius calling out blue left, red right seemed to help immensely for some of those folks

I also forgot to repair before going in last night and came out by the skin of my teeth at like 8%

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    Also if Allyxia and I remember to drop Shadow Protection before MCing guys on Razuvious. That might be the new dumbest thing in Classic.

• Options
    edited January 2021
    It's funny the only reason I noticed was like "did someone turn on shadow resist aura?" and I went up and checked and I had the buff so I assumed everyone had the buff.

I don't even get it. Classic!

bowen on
    not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    Classic! EVERYTHING YOU DO IS WRONG

• Options
    There's some like kafkaesque trap going on with this

You mc the student.
    The student gains your shadow resistance.
    The shadow resistance breaks your mc.
    The student loses your shadow resistance.
    You mc the student.

• Options
    I hate how little sense it makes too.

• Options

Having Loatheb open as first boss for a raid night helps a lot. We did 4-5 tries unbuffed not using consumes to get healing/spores down and then wrecked him with full buffs next raid. If you kill Noth+Heigan you can just run straight to him with no trash at all.

As much as I dislike Loathebs design he is a pretty simple boss to progress. Learn the mechanics without wasting money (since you live for ~3 minutes using nothing) and then go in with everything once you want to kill him. He is incredibly linear and does the same thing basically every time since your tank can go hard mitigation gear and not get crit/crushed.

• Options
    TurambarTurambar Independent Registered User regular
    Yeah, my guild does Plague first. Very useful to onephase Noth, avoid fast dance on Heigan and get Loatheb down. Then we go Patch

As a healer, as long as I keep WBs for Patch I'm happy :P

Steam: turamb | Origin: Turamb | 3DS: 3411-1109-4537 | NNID: Turambar | Warframe(PC): Turamb
  • Options
    InfidelInfidel Heretic Registered User regular
    There seems to be a lot of argument over the shadow resist of the MCing priest, but since it's pretty easy to just click it off why not?

OrokosPA.png
  • Options
    Infidel wrote: »
    There seems to be a lot of argument over the shadow resist of the MCing priest, but since it's pretty easy to just click it off why not?

We had like one early break in three weeks before last night. Then we had three in 45 seconds.

• Options
    InfidelInfidel Heretic Registered User regular
    Infidel wrote: »

We had like one early break in three weeks before last night. Then we had three in 45 seconds.

Last night was constant fucking around with the mob movement as well, like trying to position as a tank was infuriating which you may not have been able to see but you surely heard on discord. :lol:

It's really tempting to just blame Blizzard for some stealth changes too but not likely. Last night the game felt weird though for sure.

OrokosPA.png
  • Options
    I occasionally get that thing where the mob cycles all over me when I'm trying to position but last night it was fucking awful for some reason. That's what caused the spewer that one week but it usually doesn't do that.

It's gotten progressively worse the past 3 weeks.

• Options
    Turambar wrote: »
    Yeah, my guild does Plague first. Very useful to onephase Noth, avoid fast dance on Heigan and get Loatheb down. Then we go Patch

The day we get past heigan with less than 10 deaths this sounds great :p.

• Options
    Frozenzen wrote: »
    Turambar wrote: »

The day we get past heigan with less than 10 deaths this sounds great :p.

Just dance 2021

• Options
    Thaddius and Gothik down this week for new boss kills! <Reforged Daggers> is 11/15!

• Options
    I held great power in my hands tonight. And I'd have kept it if I hadn't just spent a lot of my gold on a slightly lesser power on wednesday

• Options
    It was a very kind thing you did though spreading that power around

• Options
    Yeah dude, Femur or no Femur, passing down a Wraith Blade is definitely a Greater Good kind of thing.

• Options
    Yeah dude, Femur or no Femur, passing down a Wraith Blade is definitely a Greater Good kind of thing.
    fxdephbwa0av.png

• Options
    Good.

Now I can begin my campaign of loot drama leading to my inevitable salt flats explosion under the cover of goodwill

• Options
    jmcdonaldjmcdonald I voted, did you? DC(ish)Registered User regular
    Thaddius and Gothik down this week for new boss kills! <Reforged Daggers> is 11/15!

<Highly Competent>

• Options
    Gothik without world buffs too!

I keep saying it, but it's actually a really big deal to do that. World buffs completely trivialize that fight and a lot of guilds struggle without them to even clear it. And then we did it with only losing 3 people.

• Options
    edited January 2021
    bowen wrote: »

I keep saying it, but it's actually a really big deal to do that. World buffs completely trivialize that fight and a lot of guilds struggle without them to even clear it. And then we did it with only losing 3 people.

Four, but I had a soulstone. Might have been a brez on the other side too.

enlightenedbum on
  • Options
    We've only done Gothik twice so far, but it feels like a fight where you either do it relatively clean and don't lose more than a few people or you wipe due to getting run over.

• Options
    fRAWRstfRAWRst The Seas Call The Mad AnswerRegistered User regular
    you have no idea how hard it was for me not to whirlwind

J3qcnBP.png
  • Options
    bowen wrote: »

Four, but I had a soulstone. Might have been a brez on the other side too.

Log says three so that's what I'm going with!

• Options
    I said a couple weeks ago that we were probably only 2-3 tricks and/or tweaks away from killing Gothik, and it was totally correct. We stuck the dead side healers in the corner furthest from the skeleton piles and set up a defensive line, we shifted 2 melee dps to the live side, I gave the live side Priests specific waves and sides to target for shackling (instead of trying to reactive call them), the Mages picked up some spare polymorphs, and the dead side coordinated a specific offtank to pick up and separate the horsies so everyone didn't get aoe slow'd

So yeah, 5-6 tweaks, but we were always very close to this =) Only took 4 more pulls.

• Options
    SmrtnikSmrtnik job boli zub Registered User regular
    Is so weird for me to read about classic progression when i did that progression in 2005/2006. Is like a half remembered memory.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Now for loatheb and 4H, fuck those guys

This discussion has been closed.