As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[MLB] The Stove is HOT

• Options
    BobbleBobble Registered User regular
    Trace wrote: »
    gyxpbvkubcc61.jpg

Heh. $39 to propose at a Pirates game is incredibly funny to me.

The Yankees at $100 is the most surprising part of this. Cheaper than the goddamned Marlins!

• Options
    KetarKetar Come on upstairs we're having a partyRegistered User regular
    expendable wrote: »

He got fired already. Good.

But really I just wanted to comment on the phrasing "naked picture of a penis"

...Is there any other kind of picture of a penis?

He sent her clothed pictures of his penis bulging against his pants before he got to the nude shot, so yeah, there is.

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Yeah. There is a distinct difference between naked penis and clothed penis.

• Options
    expendableexpendable Silly Goose Registered User regular
    I think this is just an assless chaps kinda phrasing.

Like, if you tell me somebody sent a penis picture I immediately assume it was a naked penis. I would think that is the default assumption and sending a clothed or costumed penis picture would be the situation that requires the additional description.

Djiem wrote: »
    Lokiamis wrote: »
    So the servers suddenly decide to cramp up during the last six percent.
    Man, the Director will really go out of his way to be a dick to L4D players.
    Steam
  • Options
    admanbadmanb unionize your workplace Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Yeah, but if it's a two-step process where the first step is a penis bulging against clothing -- which, it should be noted, is definitely still a dick pic -- you need to specify if the follow-up shots are clothed or nude.

• Options
    MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    Hank Aaron passed away this morning. Remember watching reruns of the old home run derby shows of the 60's with my Grandpa, one of my earliest baseball memories was watching him mash dingers.

• Options
    I was at the opening of the Negro League Museum in KC. I was a small kid and ran around a corner in the gift shop or something barrelled right into a guy standing there. He laughed and asked if I was enjoying myself and I said yes because baseball is awesome. Then I went back to my parents whose eyes were as wide as possible with jaws on the floor.

The guy I ran into was Hank Aaron.

Steam
  • Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Damn. We’re losing hall of fame baseball players left and right but this one hurts more than most.

Hank Aaron was a real legend

• Options
    Take away all 755 of Aarons home runs and he's still got over 3000 hits.

Steam
  • Options
    Nobody gets in the hall of fame this year

Also Curt Schilling is a giant baby

• Options
    Yahoo Sports with the zero-chill image for that post.

• Options
    TicaldfjamTicaldfjam Snoqualmie, WARegistered User regular
    edited January 2021
    Nobody gets in the hall of fame this year

Also Curt Schilling is a giant baby

I see Curt "Bleed out" Shitting is preparing for his 2024 GOP Presidential bid.

Fuck him.

Ticaldfjam on
  • Options
  • Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    edited February 2021

Official account of Major League Baseball
    From superstar to cover star. Fernando Tatis Jr. is here to change the game.

You can pre-order @MLBTheShow 21 for PlayStation AND XBox now ➡ https://t.co/2e9bRAlaDW https://t.co/bdVJBLpnLF

Big news: The Show is coming to XBox

EDIT: Crossplay also confirmed (from the New Consoles thread):

Official account of Playstation (US)
    MLB The Show launches day and date on PS4 and PS5 with cross-platform play on @Xbox One and Xbox Series X|S
    🤝

Goose! on
  • Options
    Captain InertiaCaptain Inertia Registered User regular
    For shame putting a bat flip on the cover of an MLB game

• Options
    oldmankenoldmanken Registered User regular
    No PC version... *sigh*

• Options
    Gonna buy The Show again like I always do

• Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    oldmanken wrote: »
    No PC version... *sigh*

An Xbox version for the first time means a PC version could happen in the future, maybe

• Options
    pyromaniac221pyromaniac221 this just might be an interestin YTRegistered User regular
    Bauer to the Dodgers seems like a perfect fit in terms of personality and culture

psn tooaware, friend code SW-4760-0062-3248 it me
  • Options
    ph blakeph blake Registered User regular
    Elvlis Andrus + Cash to the A's for Khris Davis and 2 Prospects.

It makes sense, but god seeing Elvis in Oakland is going to be weird as hell

7h8wnycre6vs.png
  • Options
    pyromaniac221pyromaniac221 this just might be an interestin YTRegistered User regular
    Promising kid gets raise:

Star shortstop Fernando Tatis Jr. and the San Diego Padres are in agreement on a 14-year, $340 million contract extension, a source familiar with the deal tells ESPN.

Jeff Passan is a (the?) baseball reporter for ESPN

psn tooaware, friend code SW-4760-0062-3248 it me
  • Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    is that allowed, are they gonna kick the Padres out of the league for spending money

• Options
    DJ Eebs wrote: »
    is that allowed, are they gonna kick the Padres out of the league for spending money

it's actually a part of the game and teams used to do it all the time

• Options
    Tebow definitely not a first ballot hall of famer but he might get in eventually.

• Options
    He already got in the Hall last year.

The College Football Hall.

I think its really funny after the uproar him being on the non-roster invite list for the Mets again this year he decided to retire.

• Options
    JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    maybe he wasn't even expecting it and decided to formally announce his retirement so the Mets stop inviting him to generate headline buzz

isn't he on TV now? once you're on TV you're set

• Options

When the Fernando Tatis Jr. contract ends, the Mets will have one Bobby Bonilla payment remaining

lol Mets

• Options
    Jasconius wrote: »
    maybe he wasn't even expecting it and decided to formally announce his retirement so the Mets stop inviting him to generate headline buzz

isn't he on TV now? once you're on TV you're set

He was on TV doing College Football analysis for ESPN for the entirety of his time with the Mets

• Options
    Johnny ChopsockyJohnny Chopsocky Scootaloo! We have to cook! Grillin' HaysenburgersRegistered User regular
    edited February 2021
    In other recent baseball-related news

The 2020 @SeattleCritics winner for BEST DOCUMENTARY FEATURE:

The History of the Seattle Mariners: Supercut Edition

For real though, even as somebody with zero emotional attachment with the Seattle Mariners, that documentary is great and you should watch it (again) in these no-baseball months.
    https://youtu.be/TIgK56cAjfY

Johnny Chopsocky on
    ygPIJ.gif
    Steam ID XBL: JohnnyChopsocky PSN:Stud_Beefpile WiiU:JohnnyChopsocky
  • Options
    KetarKetar Come on upstairs we're having a partyRegistered User regular

Tweet is from the official Orioles twitter account and is a very slowed down view of Mickey Jannis throwing a pitch in which the ball basically does not spin en route to the plate.

"Spin rate? Where we're going, we don't need a spin rate."

• Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    Kris Bryant, Javy Baez and Anthony Rizzo are in the final year of their contract this year and it sure fucking seems like they're going to let every single one of them walk. It's maddening to me that they have all of this money and they're looking at three of the most beloved players that the team has ever had and they're apparently out here lowballing them. Rizzo and Baez have both, multiple times said they want to finish out their careers on the Cubs. Bryant...I understand a bit more, in that Boras doesn't really push for contract extensions and the Cubs fucked with his service time. But I just...don't understand how they can look at these guys and go, "nah, fuck 'em." This is after the way they handled Jon Lester and Kyle Schwarber's exits from the team.

I understand that they've got flaws in their game, but I'd sure fucking love to see where they're going to find better at the prices they're willing to pay anyone these days. I suppose the answer is that they don't care if the team is good as long as they can save money, but fuck, man. It's as mad as I've ever been at this team.

• Options
    Doctor DetroitDoctor Detroit Registered User regular
    Eh, Schwarber should have been traded right after the victory parade.

I understand keeping the team together and giving them a chance to run it back, but in hindsight, they really should have used some pieces to restock the farm. And his value was never again as high as in November 2016.

• Options
    BASEBALL IS BACK!

• Options
    Two postponements so far

Orioles/Red Sox for weather

Mets/Nationals for Covid reasons

• Options
    TicaldfjamTicaldfjam Snoqualmie, WARegistered User regular
    Mets/Nationals I was betting on , "LOL METs" as the reason for that delay.

• Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    The Pirates are undefeated

Probably the only time I can say that

• Options
    Captain InertiaCaptain Inertia Registered User regular
    Ticaldfjam wrote: »
    Mets/Nationals I was betting on , "LOL METs" as the reason for that delay.

The Mets have new ownership (Gordon Gekko basically) and it was a LOL NATS... but that was still a good bet

• Options
    oldmankenoldmanken Registered User regular
    I love that the Jays managed a win on opening day, but would have preferred them playing to their strength and getting a few more big hits.

This discussion has been closed.