As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[BATTLETECH/MechWarrior] Sea Fox merchants buy PGI lostech using Terra-based shell company

• NipsNips He/Him Luxuriating in existential crisis.Registered User regular
    Yeah. As I recall it was near the launch of private lobbies, and we stacked it full of Oosiks.

Then someone suggested "how can we fill this game with the most dakka?" and machine guns immediately sprung to mind.

A short time later, the call was made to open fire, and not long after that, the server crashed.

Truly one of our unit's finest moments.

JXUBxMxP0QndjQUEnTwTxOkfKmx8kWNvuc-FUtbSz_23_DAhGKe7W9spFKLXAtkpTBqM8Dt6kQrv-rS69Hi3FheL3fays2xTeVUvWR7g5UyLHnFA0frGk1BC12GYdOSRn9lbaJB-uH0htiLPJMrc9cSRsIgk5Dx7jg9K8rJVfG43lkeAWxTgcolNscW9KO2UZjKT8GMbYAFgFvu2TaMoLH8LBA5p2pm6VNYRsQK3QGjCsze1TOv2yIbCazmDwCHmjiQxNDf6LHP35msyiXo3CxuWs9Y8DQvJjvj10kWaspRNlWHKjS5w9Y0KLuIkhQKOxgaDziG290v4zBmTi-i7OfDz-foqIqKzC9wTbn9i_uU87GRitmrNAJdzRRsaTW5VQu_XX_5gCN8XCoNyu5RWWVGTsjJuyezz1_NpFa903Uj2TnFqnL1wJ-RZiFAAd2Bdut-G1pdQtdQihsq2dx_BjtmtGC3KZRyylO1t2c12dhfb0rStq4v8pg46ciOcdtT_1qm85IgUmGd7AmgLxCFPb0xnxWZvr26G-oXSqrQdjKA1zNIInSowiHcbUO2O8S5LRJVR6vQiEg0fbGXw4vqJYEn917tnzHMh8r0xom8BLKMvoFDelk6wbEeNq8w8Eyu2ouGjEMIvvJcb2az2AKQ1uE_7gdatfKG2QdvfdSBRSc35MQ=w498-h80-no
  • ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    Essentially, yeah - the way they'd coded machine guns + the number of guns we brought to the table meant that as soon as everyone started shooting, the server would nigh-immediately crash (probably too many bullets being modeled?).

Anyway, they eventually patched the issue.

• BetsuniBetsuni UM-R60L Talisker IVRegistered User regular
    Elvenshae wrote: »
    Essentially, yeah - the way they'd coded machine guns + the number of guns we brought to the table meant that as soon as everyone started shooting, the server would nigh-immediately crash (probably too many bullets being modeled?).

Anyway, they eventually patched the issue.

Yeah I think they fixed it prior to the Piranha launch. They couldn't have 24 Piranha's firing 12 MGs melting the servers to the ground.

oosik_betsuni.png
    Steam: betsuni7
  • Ninja Snarl PNinja Snarl P My helmet is my burden. Ninja Snarl: Gone, but not forgotten.Registered User regular
    It should be noted that the mass MG fire was extremely effective for the several seconds it lasted before destroying existence.

• ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular
    Does anybody know if multiple TarComs stack? Like if I had a 2-crit TC and another 1-crit TC, would that be effectively 3-crit? Or 2-crit? Or 2-crit but slightly better because then the extra from the 1-crit?

I'll probably test this at some point if nobody else does

Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
  • NobodyNobody Registered User regular
    MWO? Don't think you can put multiple TCs in so you'd have to just put in a 3 at that point.

• HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    You cannot have multiple Targeting Computers. Once you put one in, the entire series of equipment gets x'd out. Also for IS mechs, I think Command Consoles share the same only-one limit with TCs (as in, if you have a CC, you cannot have a TC, and vice-versa).

Oh, in case people were wondering, this was the final score screen from that game with the Urbie lance:
    pdflzw8agr96.jpg

Talk about lost in the lobby

• ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    edited January 2021
    Decided to try out a Rifleman tonight, since I don't think I'd ever really played with them before?

Grabbed Dao Breaker because of the +30% CBills.

Then spent ~6M? CBills fitting it out, because although it's got a bonus to IS AC5s, I wanted to try paired RAC5s because my Cent that runs one is a lot of fun, and if DAKKA is fun, MOAR DAKKA is MOAR FUN. The only part of the loadout I owned was, uh, the ERMLs. And I had to pay the IS Tax, and the Light Ferro tax on top of that. And buy the engine.

DAO BREAKER

Yeah, it went ... okay.
    8472476AB6B94AC40DDCF030F348ECD787A000CA

It was an absolutely beautiful HPG mission, where we took the basement, and then someone said, "Alright - we're going out the D5 door." And then the team went out the D5 door together. We got outside, and someone asked, "Hey, anyone know where the badguys are?" And one pinged on our sensors at that exact moment.

Turns out the enemies had decided to camp up top and just hang out there. This could've been bad. But our team basically split into two, walked up the ramps, took some shots, backed down, the other half came up, took some shots, backed down, lather-rinse-repeat. We traded off armor brilliantly, and basically took the enemies apart because they'd turn to focus one fireteam and then get shot in the ass.

Highlight was when a fresh enemy light ran in front of me and stopped to shoot my teammate on the other side of the tower. He took ~5s to blow apart into a million little pieces, and most of that was spin-up time. :D

Elvenshae on
  • HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    I talked some things over and might start streaming more regularly at this time (5am local), as it seems possible now RE: living situation.

Anyway time for me to get dunked on in MWO.

Cut my stream SUPER SHORT because I'm fucking starving. But here's a summary:

- Urbanmechs with RAC/5s are fucking hilarious, and also they can mess you up, Jesus.
    - I bought a Hunchback, the Oops All Lasers variant; swapping its engine to a Light and jacking the rating up to its max of 275 has made it a pretty decent speedy zoom killer. Just needs skill point investment.

Nobody wrote: »
    Oh, in case people were wondering, this was the final score screen from that game with the Urbie lance:
    pdflzw8agr96.jpg

Great googly moogly... That is insane. Yeah I would have taken one look at that and figured, might as well group up and see how much damage we can dish out before getting pasted.

oosik_betsuni.png
    Henroid wrote: »
    Cut my stream SUPER SHORT because I'm fucking starving. But here's a summary:

- Urbanmechs with RAC/5s are fucking hilarious, and also they can mess you up, Jesus.
    - I bought a Hunchback, the Oops All Lasers variant; swapping its engine to a Light and jacking the rating up to its max of 275 has made it a pretty decent speedy zoom killer. Just needs skill point investment.

Hahahaha, I have one of my Urbies with the RAC/5 and another has MRMs for when I feel silly and just want to laugh. The best is when the MRM one is pretty much last alive and people are confused how long I can last spinning about firing off missiles.

oosik_betsuni.png
    Betsuni wrote: »
    pdflzw8agr96.jpg

Great googly moogly... That is insane. Yeah I would have taken one look at that and figured, might as well group up and see how much damage we can dish out before getting pasted.

I had second highest damage in the game, and highest on my team. Unfortunately that was nowhere near enough.

pdflzw8agr96.jpg

I had second highest damage in the game, and highest on my team. Unfortunately that was nowhere near enough.

Yeah, only so much you can carry on your Blackjack's arms... That is seriously impressive though how much you did carry. You made the (whatever your new Unit is) proud that day. What is that Unit's name anyways? I used to see it a lot before. I recognize a lot of Unit tags, but not what they actually stand for.

oosik_betsuni.png
    pdflzw8agr96.jpg

Yeah, only so much you can carry on your Blackjack's arms... That is seriously impressive though how much you did carry. You made the (whatever your new Unit is) proud that day. What is that Unit's name anyways? I used to see it a lot before. I recognize a lot of Unit tags, but not what they actually stand for.

Hah, the meaning changes every couple of months, last one I think was, ironically, Urbies 4 Life

pdflzw8agr96.jpg

Hah, the meaning changes every couple of months, last one I think was, ironically, Urbies 4 Life

Ah ok. Hahahaha, yeah that is very ironic after that match.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • MorninglordMorninglord I'm tired of being Batman, so today I'll be Owl.Registered User regular
    The game gave me an urbie with an ac10, so when my jenner was out of commission and i had one more mission on this planet in career mode I took the urbie in.

I regretted this.

I regretted it a lot.

It didn't die tho, because it was so slow it was never anywhere near the front line. It even got a kill with the ac10.

And a lot of misses.

A whole lot of misses.

(PSN: Morninglord) (Steam: Morninglord) (WiiU: Morninglord22) I like to record and toss up a lot of random gaming videos here.
  • GlalGlal AiredaleRegistered User regular
    Just encountered a Catapult-K2 with twin Heavy Gauss... and now I am intrigued.
    "What the hell, why is my side torso suddenly open and red?? Oh. Ooooooh..."

Glal wrote: »

I prefer dual LB-20X but that works too.

Well now I don't know which to change mine to... I love both. I have it as a RAC5 right now, but those sound so much more fun.

oosik_betsuni.png
    I learned a minor detail; "(size) Laser" traits will extend to ER versions, but not to Pulse. Heck.

I did a testing ground run of changing my Hunchback's lasers to ER, which helps keep it out of trouble in a sense, buuuuuuuut the heat build-up is fucking WILD.

I learned a minor detail; "(size) Laser" traits will extend to ER versions, but not to Pulse. Heck.

I did a testing ground run of changing my Hunchback's lasers to ER, which helps keep it out of trouble in a sense, buuuuuuuut the heat build-up is fucking WILD.

How many do you have? Might be worth doing two firing groups, ghost heat kicks in at like 6ish

Normal ghost heat on medium lasers is 6, but the Hunchback has a quirk that makes it 8. In order to take advantage of this, I'd want to be alpha striking as much as possible.

I suppose I could swap SOME of the lasers to ER, and use those for my ranged prodding attacks, and then alpha strike with them and the regular medium lasers when close combat is had. It'll short my ability to last in those engagements though.

Well now I don't know which to change mine to... I love both. I have it as a RAC5 right now, but those sound so much more fun.

You get JJs with the C2, just sayin'

Tox wrote: »

How many do you have? Might be worth doing two firing groups, ghost heat kicks in at like 6ish

Normal ghost heat on medium lasers is 6, but the Hunchback has a quirk that makes it 8. In order to take advantage of this, I'd want to be alpha striking as much as possible.

I suppose I could swap SOME of the lasers to ER, and use those for my ranged prodding attacks, and then alpha strike with them and the regular medium lasers when close combat is had. It'll short my ability to last in those engagements though.

Hmmm, maybe ERMLs in the head & hands? Gives you the extra poke for UAVs?

I dunno I'm weird about symmetry sometimes so the Hunchie really kinda bugs me every so often.

• GlalGlal AiredaleRegistered User regular
    edited January 2021

Clearly the best answer is "first one, then the other".

[edit] Ohno, turns out I sold my K2 after I bought the Jester. Mah skill points noooooo.
    *buys another one*

Glal on
  • Gnome-InterruptusGnome-Interruptus Registered User regular
    The game gave me an urbie with an ac10, so when my jenner was out of commission and i had one more mission on this planet in career mode I took the urbie in.

I regretted this.

I regretted it a lot.

It didn't die tho, because it was so slow it was never anywhere near the front line. It even got a kill with the ac10.

And a lot of misses.

A whole lot of misses.

A lot of that was probably a combination of low gunnery skill, and the recoil debuff from firing an autocannon

steam_sig.png
    MWO: Adamski
  • MorninglordMorninglord I'm tired of being Batman, so today I'll be Owl.Registered User regular
    edited January 2021

I regretted this.

I regretted it a lot.

And a lot of misses.

A whole lot of misses.

A lot of that was probably a combination of low gunnery skill, and the recoil debuff from firing an autocannon

Hence all the regret.

Also it missed 3 80% shots.

To make it even funnier it wouldnt near miss. The shot would land 50 degrees wide of the target.

At a tree. Or the base of a nearby hill.

Like it was drunk.

Morninglord on
    (PSN: Morninglord) (Steam: Morninglord) (WiiU: Morninglord22) I like to record and toss up a lot of random gaming videos here.
    I found out today, in a few matches in a row, how damning it is for my Hunchback to lose the non-weapon shoulder. That's where the heatsinks are. Once those are gone, holy fuck am I screwed.

• OrcaOrca Also known as Espressosaurus WrexRegistered User regular
    Urbies are fun gimmick mechs

they're actually pretty garbo in Battletech, even if they hit far harder than they should due to that AC/10 (or AC/20 in some cases!)

Its slow. Cant generate many pips. Cant even jump jet as far as it can walk.

Its a glass sniper.

Now that you've experienced the glory of the Urbie though

I think you have proven you have what it takes to enter

THE TOURNAMENT OF CHAMPIONS

Are you feeling like a champion yet Morninglord

I put the Urbie into storage.

I again assert, where is the trash bin for trash bins?

(Tournament of Champions is a Flashpoint that I highly recommend you play as soon as you are able to. Don't remember which DLC it comes in though)

Righto. I'm not that far into my career campaign atm.

Folks, get your roadmap here:
    QUARTER 1 - LOW HANGING FRUIT + VALUE TUNING
    New Player Experience

Change Cadet Starting Tier to 5 - DONE
    Increase Cadet Bonus - DONE
    Update Trial ‘Mechs and Loadouts (batch 1)(regularly with appropriate consultation) - MARCH
    New Player Video Tutorials (official and community) - MARCH

Quality of Life

Lower the volume on Intro Movies - MARCH

Maps

Remove Dynamic Time of day changes in Maps - DONE

‘Mechs

Update Bolt-ons (stay attached) - DONE

Weapons and Equipment

Weapon Changes Pass 1 - MARCH
    BUG minor fix too Light Gauss Rifle (MinHeatpenaltylevel) - DONE

Gameplay

Increase Requirement for Reconnection from 2 to 4 - DONE
    Examine Match Scoring (AMS) - MARCH

Features

Remove Time of Day Change in Matches (Performance Concern) - DONE

Social

Lower C-Bill Recruitment Cost for Units - DONE
    Update MW5 Discord to MechWarrior Discord incl. MWO - FEB
    Regular Dev Vlogs - TWICE A MONTH

Monetization

New Player Packs Web and Steam - MARCH
    New Bundle Deals - FEBRUARY - MARCH

Events and Freebies

More events Dailies/Weeklies/Streamers
    Monthly Missions for a Free Mech - MARCH
    Misc. Sales
    Lucky Charms Loot Bags

Intel Gathering (Community Feedback for next Quarter items)

Map Spawn Points - map change proposals
    Map Design - map change proposals
    Weapon Balance - Feedback on Pass 1
    New Mech Variants - DONE
    New Mech Chassis

QUARTER 2 - IMPROVE EXISTING CONTENT + LOCALIZATION
    New Player Experience

Update Trial ‘Mechs and Loadouts (batch 2)
    More New Player Video Tutorials (official and community)
    Update Wiki / Add Wiki Contributors
    New Player Welcome Emails

Maps - Improvements

Update Maps (Key QP Maps)
    Spawn Point Fixes Pass 1
    Improve select Unbalanced Maps - Changing Paths and Cover
    Tweak Lighting where appropriate (Hibernal Rift)

‘Mechs

New 'Mech Variants - Release 2 new Mech Variant of existing Chassis
    Improve 'Mechs Scale (for fun and role vs volumetric)

Weapons and Equipment

Weapon and Equipment Changes Pass 2
    Improve Jump Jets

Gameplay

Examine Match Scoring Overall

Features

Localization Start

Social

Refer-A-Friend Program
    Road Map Update
    Monthly Email Campaign

Events and Freebies

Monthly Missions for a Free Mech - APRIL MAY JUNE
    Misc. Sales
    Sumer Solstice Loot Bags

Community Designed Map
    Discussion Armor Balance for Arm Weapon-Only 'Mechs (Jenner, Jagermech, Rifleman)
    Discussion New Item Ideas (Metallic Patterns, Custom UI Colors, Voice Packs, Sound Packs, Laser Color Customization, Mech Lab Customization, Global Patterns, Improve Cockpit Item Bonuses added value) What is possible.

QUARTER 3 - NEW CONTENT + CONTINUED IMPROVEMENTS
    New Player Experience

Update Trial ‘Mechs and Loadouts (batch 3)
    Investigate Skilling out Trial Mechs

Quality of Life

Add GSP amount to Mech Bay UI (near CBills, MC, etc)

New Map Development

New Quickplay Map - Community driven design

Maps - Improvements

Update Maps (Key QP Maps)
    Spawn Point Fixes Pass 2
    Improve select Unbalanced Maps Pass 2- Changing Paths and Cover
    Tweak Lighting where appropriate

‘Mechs

Quirks / Set of 8's for Under Performers Pass 1
    Address Mech Mobility (skill tree)
    Possible New Mech Chassis

Weapons and Equipment

Weapon and Equipment Changes Pass 3

Features

Localization Continued
    Skill Tree Improvements
    Grind Reduction

Social

Road Map Update
    Monthly Email Campaign

Events and Freebies

Monthly Missions for a Free Mech - JULY AUGUST SEPTEMBER
    Misc. Sales
    Trick Or Treat Loot Bags

Review / Update Game Modes
    Event Que Mode Systems and Variables
    Future of Faction play
    Future of Solaris
    Make Faction play maps available in QP?
    Make QP Maps Viable for Solaris?

QUARTER 4 - NEW FEATURES + CONTINUED IMPROVEMENTS
    New Player Experience

Update Trial ‘Mechs and Loadouts (batch 4)
    Skilled Trials Mechs

Quality of Life

Improve UI Heat Management Values Representation of Heat Efficiency
    Investigate Simplify Command Wheel
    Investigate UI Performance Pass / Scaling

Release New Map

New Quickplay Map - Community driven design

‘Mechs

Possible New Mech Chassis
    Revisit and asses Mech Changes for the year

Weapons and Equipment

Weapon and Equipment Changes Pass 4
    End of Year Weapon assessment

New Features / Game Modes

Possibly New Event Queue
    Possibly Advance the Timeline
    Solution for Faction Play
    Solution for Solaris
    Match Maker Improvements based on new modes etc.
    8v8 and 12v12 modes
    Separate Solo / Group Queues (could happen sooner if Population is high enough)
    Private Lobby Updates (More Options, Maps, Host Assignment, More Spectators)

Social

Road Map Update
    Monthly Email Campaign

Events and Freebies

Monthly Missions for a Free Mech - OCTOBER NOVEMBER DECEMBER
    Annual Customer Rewards Program

Intel Gathering (Community Feedback)

Year in Review

I'm guessing the items flagged as "Done" are going to be in the February patch.

That looks promising.

oosik_betsuni.png