As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Go find the new Cyberpunk thread

• Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    "Things that probably would've been done if the CEO hadn't shoved the thing out the door mid-dev for $1000."

• Options
    dporowskidporowski Registered User regular
    edited January 2021
    Eh. Maybe. It's like releasing a phone app, right. You look at the devices in-market, you figure "what do people use", figure the percentage on such and such OS, such and such hardware rev, and target your perf appropriately.

And then 2 days after release, you go "what the fuck do you mean there's that many people using an OG iPad Air? Those EOL'd years ago!"

"HOW MANY fucking Galaxy Notes?!"

"ANDROID FUCKING WHAT?!"

tl;dr you're always wrong about your projected hardware base. At least in consoles, you don't get the surprise of "so you say a zillion people are running this budget device only manufactured in a small suburb of Mongolia that uses a very particular Android variant, yet still has Play Services access..." or "the fuck do you mean that one s/n range has a chipset that breaks our shit?"

dporowski on
  • Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    I may wait awhile to continue my adventure

• Options
    CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    edited January 2021
    You must gather your bug fixes before going forth

Couscous on
  • Options
    CDPR seemed to correctly assume the hardware base would be a ton of base PS4s and Xbox Ones but overestimated how feasible making the game work well despite focusing on the PC version would be.

They intended to launch the game before the new consoles were even announced, and they could not be so silly as to think most people would have a Pro or One X

• Options
    SoundsPlushSoundsPlush yup, back. Registered User regular
    Wait wait that's the 1.1 patch?

Are you fucking kidding me?

Don't worry, we're just around the corner from 1.2 which will usher in the golden age of multiple updates and improvements!

cyberpunk-2077-roadmap.jpg

s7Imn5J.png
  • Options
    urahonkyurahonky Registered User regular

Don't worry, we're just around the corner from 1.2 which will usher in the golden age of multiple updates and improvements!

This fucking road map is insulting.

• Options
    wonderpugwonderpug Registered User regular
    urahonky wrote: »

This fucking road map is insulting.

We’re at the ??? step right before we get to profit!

• Options
    PhillisherePhillishere Registered User regular
    I’m genuinely fascinated that it’s going to take almost the entire year for a next-gen update. With the PC version as a reference, I’d assumed that would be a light lift.

• Options
    HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    edited January 2021
    Blades are almost too much fun.

I just cleared five nodes in under 10 minutes and most of that was trying to pick up all of the loot.

Just run in all YOLO style and in 30 seconds there's a dozen people laying around in literal pieces.

*edit*
    Ok so I may have just murdered a half dozen cops because by the time I realized they weren't generic guards things had, uh, already gotten out of hand.

HappylilElf on
  • Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular

That is functionally the most useless diagram I have ever seen.

• Options
    Those memory changes on the console probably had them tearing their hair out and performing shamanic rituals just to get them working at all.

Yeah, when I said the CDPR devs were being tasked with essentially flipping a pyramid over, this is what I meant.

That is some low level shit that probably got corners cut on it in order to make release windows.

• Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited January 2021
    I just assumed 1.1 is gonna do nothing. And I expect the same from 1.2. I like this game enough to want to do a second character, but I don’t think I’ll want to do that until Christmas, or maybe next year. Definitely not until they get to the point where they do the next gen patch.

It shouldn’t have been released, but now that it has I don’t think it’s realistic to expect it to get fixed anytime soon.

Elki on
    smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    edited January 2021
    Elki wrote: »
    I just assumed 1.1 is gonna do nothing. And I expect the same from 1.2. I like this game enough to want to do a second character, but I don’t think I’ll want to do that until Christmas, or maybe next year. Definitely not until they get to the point where they do the next gen patch.

It shouldn’t have been released, but now that it has I don’t think it’s realistic to expect it to get fixed anytime soon.

Same.

I think it was "playable" for me, had a great story and I am glad I did it. But the number of people who thought that AI, driving controls, mini map changes, and other features were going to get addressed any time in the near-term when there are ton of low level nightmares that need to be sorted out are deluding themselves.

We are easily 6 months away from content DLC, or dramatic changes to any of the game systems. They are going to take this time just trying to make it stable for everyone, and address bugs, both system level like memory/performance, and game level like perks that don't work.

I think next holidays is a realistic perspective on when a "v2" playthrough happens. xsx and ps5 will have their next gen versions, PC performance will improve dramatically and AMD ray tracing will be available, some DLC will have come out... yeah, perfectly fine letting this sit and mature a bit before I do my second run.

syndalis on
    SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • Options
    yossarian_livesyossarian_lives Registered User regular
    edited January 2021
    I definitely got my money’s worth and will gladly come back for the DLC updates. I figure a mixture of post launch support and mods will make this game amazing. Can’t help but feel bad for console folks though.

yossarian_lives on
    "I see everything twice!"

• Options
    I am already able to see a lot of people in other places expecting way too much from the free DLC despite how relatively minor the free DLC for Witcher 3 was

They are going to get some really shitty backlash when it comes out and isn't huge

• Options
    SoundsPlushSoundsPlush yup, back. Registered User regular
    edited January 2021
    Yeah, "DLC" in Witcher meant very minor things: cosmetics, single side-quests, etc. I'm assuming that's what "free DLC" means for Cyberpunk as well, which means the actual content DLC ("expansions") aren't even projected this year. It was about 6 months and 12 months from release that W3 expansions dropped, but now they've got to use that time to finish making the game they released.

SoundsPlush on
    s7Imn5J.png
  • Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    Given how poorly rt performs without dlss, I wouldn't hold my breath on the amd implementation being all that playable. Much less the console versions. Given how their rt performance is about on par with a 2060...

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    GaddezGaddez Registered User regular
    So yeah, found a brand new glitch; Accidentally drove my car into a lake out in the desert, which whatever it was some banditmobile, but then the game wouldn't let me drive out or exit the vehicle.

This is same day I downloaded this new mega patch. Still getting wierd textures from people with catastrophic head injuries where it looks like a tarp is coming out of the wound. Still getting wierd flickers for item prompts. Still dealing with items clipped into the world so I can't pick them up.

Also, I have another thing I'd like for them to do with one of these patches as a QoL feature: let us sell/disassemble multiple items at a time. I have literally dozens of scopes and silencers and I'd love to get rid of them but I have to manually select them one at a time and in the case of disassembly I have to hold down triangle and wait for the game to register that yep, you need some components each time is just painful.

• Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    one of the funny things about the quality of the facial animation is that it makes panam giving female v ~vibes~ so much more obvious - if the faces had been less well done it would be less glaring lol

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    https://www.reddit.com/r/cyberpunkgame/comments/l493w7/you_serious/
    I noticed she sold the exact same vendor trash as every other food vendor, but I didn't notice the menu with hotdogs, pizza, and hamburgers behind her

https://www.reddit.com/r/cyberpunkgame/comments/l49g48/i_dont_know_what_you_are_all_talking_about_ncpd/
    This is the best bug I have seen in a very long time. It is great. You should watch it

• Options
    Huh, I had thought these were totally broken instead of just almost completely broken.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/16w3LQBa8oRxQLIEVcXfLE1_vlAFO_zjq-WrKQoixgRQ/edit#gid=876331676
    Available cyberdeck RAM cannot drop below 2 unit(s).

This works in a very different way than described. The description should read "Resets your RAM to 2/3/4 when you reach 0 RAM and have not initiated ANY recovery of RAM at all." The last part meaning you have to actually 0 out and if any recovery happens along the way, it does not work. Recovery can be stalled with opening your menu or spamming lower level quickhacks with low cost, or doing what I did: Found a perfect combination of quickhack costs to execute on a group of enemies to 0 out immediately.
    Increase RAM recovery rate by 50%.

The 50% bonus is actually not working, but the 1% per level is working (I tested with 50 points into the perk which is what made it look like it was working)
    The RAM recovery rate one is kind of really wut

• Options
    Zilla360Zilla360 21st Century. |She/Her| Trans* Woman In Aviators Firing A Bazooka. ⚛️Registered User regular
    edited January 2021
    Wait, so there are some perks that just straight up stop working when you save/load after unlocking them? Holy shit that is so broken! :o
    Kudos to the community for doing all this painstaking research, hopefully CDPR sees this.

Zilla360 on
  • Options
    GnomeTankGnomeTank What the what? Portland, OregonRegistered User regular
    edited January 2021
    None of this shocks me if you look in to modding Witcher 3. Notice how much of the game code is effectively written in giant script files, by varying degrees of developer quality. Some of the script files are extremely sensitive to screwing basically the entire game up if you mess up a particular function.

The Red Engine is crazy flexible, but like all crazy flexible engines with little structure, very easy to fuck it all up. Given how much we know about the Red Engine from previous games I'm surprised someone hasn't cracked the script files for Cyberpunk yet. Or maybe they have and I missed it.

GnomeTank on
    Sagroth wrote: »
    Oh c'mon FyreWulff, no one's gonna pay to visit Uranus.
    Steam: Brainling, XBL / PSN: GnomeTank, NintendoID: Brainling, FF14: Zillius Rosh SFV: Brainling
  • Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    Gaddez wrote: »
    Also, I have another thing I'd like for them to do with one of these patches as a QoL feature: let us sell/disassemble multiple items at a time. I have literally dozens of scopes and silencers and I'd love to get rid of them but I have to manually select them one at a time and in the case of disassembly I have to hold down triangle and wait for the game to register that yep, you need some components each time is just painful.

European designers have something of a blind spot for good/proper GUI and menu interfaces.

• Options
    edited January 2021
    I am surprised it took this long

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2021-01-26-people-are-modding-cyberpunk-2077-to-have-sex-with-keanu-reeves
    Over on Nexus Mods, a modder by the name of Catmino has uploaded several files allowing players to swap models in Cyberpunk 2077, along with an extended tutorial for how to do the process manually. The mod includes swaps for main characters such as Judy and Panam, along with swaps for Cyberpunk 2077's "joytoy" sex workers. Many of these files are for characters you can romance in the game, but the mod also includes swaps for characters the player wouldn't normally be able to romance, such as Goro Takemura... and Johnny Silverhand.

CDPR released the modding tools today.

https://techraptor.net/gaming/news/cyberpunk-2077-modding-tools-released-by-cdpr

Couscous on
  • Options
    M-VickersM-Vickers Registered User regular
    Fencingsax wrote: »
    I may wait awhile to continue my adventure

At this rate, I'll wait a year or so before starting my second run through. Hopefully the Series X patch will be out by then, too.

• Options
    StormwatcherStormwatcher Blegh BlughRegistered User regular
    Xagar wrote: »
    Yeah, I care about beautiful and strange locales in my open worlds, not minigames or sitting in chairs or what have you that other people seem to like. This game has the former in spades.

oh i love beautiful and strange locales, i'm an explorer by nature.
    i just hate when they feel like they were made out of cardboard.
    the literal complete lack of AI for everyone around you also breaks the immersion like a hammer to the toes.

Nature and wilderness game worlds can be extremely rewarding just by themselves, just walking around and seeing things...
    but a city... a city is interactable by design, and it makes us want to interact, too. not just the buildings and views, but the nooks and crannies and weirdos. But, again, the level of shallowness and the cookie-cutterness of the places i've been in nightcity... It's a big let down. Everything keeps rubbing its fakeness and cardboardness on my face. Nothing felt like a city living its daily life.

Actually, even the "walking around and looking at cool sights" thing didn't work right for me because of all that. I guess if there were any simulation systems in that world, I wouldn't mind the lack of interactivity. But the illusion didn't last for a sec.

I'm glad I wasn't expecting much.

No need for the "sitting in chairs or what you that other people seem to like." stinger btw.

and holy fuck this is amazing.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aWrzMkVRNKE

Steam: Stormwatcher | PSN: Stormwatcher33 | Switch: 5961-4777-3491
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    XagarXagar Registered User regular
    Not trying to be rude, I've seen several people complain in various places that they couldn't do simulationist style stuff like in RDR2 here.

• Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    i mean its always a question of expectation and interaction style, but its also fair to say that an adaptation of a pnp rpg is probs going to have more simulationist expectations purely because the core property will have provisions for lots of diff stuff

its fair to say that 1) some of the expectations are for things that are kind of low-value adds (minigames, etc) but also 2) cp2077 could definitely stand to have deeper interactions with the aspects of the world that the game is trying to emphasise

you construct a sense of place not from any specific interaction type but from the kind of interaction palette you provide, and cp2077 in its current incarnation has too few interactions of too shallow a nature to exactly hit the spot for a lot of players. that doesnt mean its wrong to enjoy what it does well - i certainly got my 100hours of fun out of just the sound, graphics, sense of place etc - but its also not wrong to say that for a lot of players that feeling would have been either improved or generated by adding extra stuff

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    Being able to go to a record store and not being able to use any records you can buy there except as materials for crafting and seeing the guitars there that you can't buy despite having descriptions you can see when looking around feels vastly more annoying than if that store simply wasn't there

• Options
    SiliconStewSiliconStew Registered User regular
    Junk items aren't exactly some Cyberpunk only issue.

Just remember that half the people you meet are below average intelligence.
  • Options
    Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    Braindances. I just want to play around with braindances. That they're everywhere and I can't participate beyond the few story-based ones bums me out.

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
  • Options
    SatsumomoSatsumomo Rated PG! Registered User regular
    That part where you go to the bartender in an upscale bar, and she even has a dialogue saying they only sell the most premium stuff and that you can't afford it, only to present you with a generic shop menu where she sells chocolate bars and soda cans for regular prices, oof, that really takes you out.

• Options
    urahonkyurahonky Registered User regular
    Braindances. I just want to play around with braindances. That they're everywhere and I can't participate beyond the few story-based ones bums me out.

Yeah I'm COMPLETELY upset at the lack of Brandances. There's so many different things they can do with it and we get 2 missions with them.

• Options
    PhillisherePhillishere Registered User regular
    Satsumomo wrote: »
    That part where you go to the bartender in an upscale bar, and she even has a dialogue saying they only sell the most premium stuff and that you can't afford it, only to present you with a generic shop menu where she sells chocolate bars and soda cans for regular prices, oof, that really takes you out.

The augment doc who, when you ask what the best augs are, tells you to go stealth. Then, he doesn't sell any stealth augments, nor does anyone else.

• Options
    BladeXBladeX Registered User regular
    I've stopped playing. As I went on the bugs got more frequent and some of the stuff on this page became more and more glaringly obvious. I love this game and the city (will legit just spend an hour walking around taking pictures) so want to come back to it when they have it in a better state.

• Options
    GaddezGaddez Registered User regular

I'm kind of in the same boat with Sex in the game; Night city is so slathered in sex and allusions thereof that it's frankly shocking how little of it there is for the player to engage in; there's a male and female prostitute and then you might wind up banging one or two other people as "romance" options. This isn't to say that I expected this game to be AO/XXX or such (nor would I want it to be), but this feels kind of like hearing a guy brag about how he works down town as a crane and then turns out to be incredibly average.

Like, GTAV had more content then this in it and at the same time managed to come across as more mature about it (not by a lot mind you, but there weren't sexually explicit posters and adds plastered all over the place in it either).