As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Dropmix!

• Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    Wow I'm really bad at this! I probably definitely need to do the campaign :lol:

• Options
    edited November 2020
    ok so Take on me, old town road, and happy are a really good combo...

It was all over the bass line to don't fear the reaper as well

Tallahasseeriel on
  • Options
    David_TDavid_T A fashion yes-man is no good to me. Copenhagen, DenmarkRegistered User regular
    It seems delightfully easy to stumble into something that shouldn't work but does.

Especially once you start having several of any one category at once. Vocals from "Good as Hell" and "Killing In The Name Of" shouldn't work at the same time, and yet...

euj90n71sojo.png
  • Options
    PerrsunPerrsun Registered User regular
    Athenor wrote: »
    I wonder how hard it is to find the GI Joe / Pyre promo cards for Dropmix these days...

Eh, who am I kidding. Time to move onto the new hotness. :D

For as much as I loved actually playing DropMix, This is a big example of digitizing a physical card/board game being a Bad Thing. I like Ascension and 7 Wonders, and they had done some promo cards before and while it’s cool to get one for going to a con or something, if they release one that I really want and can’t physically get, I can always just print one myself and put it in a card sleeve and it’s good to go.

Because I didn’t go to the right convention or win the right Twitter giveaway (and I’m not going to pay $60+ on eBay for a single card), now I can never use the Transformers song in any mix. I’m sure I’m late to this take, but man... toys-to-life as an experience you have to live sucks.

• Options
    shalmeloshalmelo sees no evil Registered User regular
    I'm utterly in love with this, although there are two quality of life improvements that would make it even better. First off, I wish there was some sort of slow EXP gain from freestyling. I've spent at least as much time in that mode as I have with the campaign so far, and it would be nice to have that time also count towards the currency that buys more songs. Also, when you hover over a particular song in your crate it should also display the song's default BPM and key - dropping a vocal that's supposed to be major/minor into a mix that's the opposite is often the quick route to a truly cursed track.

My goal right now is to someday make it through a full set without over-relying on the horns from Rehab, but I don't see it happening soon. They're so versatile!

Steam ID: Shalmelo || LoL: melo2boogaloo || tweets
  • Options
    crimsoncoyotecrimsoncoyote Registered User regular
    Horns continue to please as much in Fuser as Dropmix.

I'm bad at timing drops, but also I think I need to reset my calibration. I'm thinking of trying it out on a controller as well.

• Options
    KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    So it sounds like they actually managed to make this more of a game experience?

• Options
    KetarKetar Come on upstairs we're having a partyRegistered User regular
    Kyougu wrote: »
    So it sounds like they actually managed to make this more of a game experience?

A little bit? So far it's more fun as an easy-mode music mixing tool than it is as a game. But I'm only partway through the second stage of the campaign, so maybe the game part gets more interesting at some point.

It's not nearly as good of a game experience as Rock Band, but there is at least more to it than Dropmix.

• Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    I don't really understand how the scoring works or how to be better at it but I'm enjoying it anyway

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    Trajan45Trajan45 Registered User regular
    Does Fuser have any sort of pvp? Something competitive?

Origin ID\ Steam ID: Warder45
  • Options
    Horns continue to please as much in Fuser as Dropmix.

I'm bad at timing drops, but also I think I need to reset my calibration. I'm thinking of trying it out on a controller as well.

I started out using kbam but switched to the controller after a few hours and I think I prefer it, although I wish I could make the cursor move slightly quicker.

• Options
    Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    edited November 2020
    The campaign is really tough! I don't think I've cracked 4 stars on anything yet. But it seems like the further you go, the more techniques get explained / unlock, might make getting higher scores much easier if you go back.

Realizing you don't need to drag discs all the way down to the table was a bit of a game changer. You just gotta position over the slot you want, and release the button at the right time.

Dark Raven X on
    Oh brilliant
  • Options
    Trajan45 wrote: »
    Does Fuser have any sort of pvp? Something competitive?

Yes. There's a Battle mode, which will match you up with an online opponent. It's a little strange, because you're competing to add tracks to a collaborative mix, but you can earn a bunch of XP if you win.

• Options
    I'm having a hard time getting the timing down on this and the scoring system seems confusing.

• Options
    I reset my calibration all the way back to 0ms and 0ms. It was something like -11 and +37 before and I think that was messing me up.
    I tried to go through the automated calibration again and I still think it was off.

I went from struggling to get higher than 2 stars, to getting more consistent 4 stars in the campaign. I also swapped to controller, but I feel like the timing feels better now so I might give KBM another shot.

• Options
    noir_bloodnoir_blood Registered User regular
    Bit of a longshot, but after a while away, I came back to dropmix while I wait for Fuser to go down in price. I'm on ISO and I have this weird thing where a bunch of my cards aren't recognized. When I try to go add them, it tells me to log into Game Center. It still tells me I need to log in.

Any one else run into this and got it to work?

• Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    What do you mean, on ISO?

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    Hot tips for pro gamerz only:
    If you want XP, Evaluate Mixes for the Events. Go to the Social menu, tab over to Events, and find the event that's currently in the voting stage (right now, it's Past vs. Future). Just click Evaluate Mixes, and upvote mixes you think are good. Every mix you watch, whether you upvote it or not, gets you XP. I earned 4k in like 20 minutes, and you get an exclusive cosmetic for every event you evaluate 10 mixes on.

(also if you happen to see the mix Last Minute by Crippl3 maybe give it an upvote thanks)
    (PS the upvote is the up arrow in the corner, not the heart, though that would be nice too)

• Options
    PerrsunPerrsun Registered User regular
    Athenor wrote: »
    What do you mean, on ISO?

Guessing autocorrect did it’s thing to “iOS”

I haven’t seen the problem, but then I haven’t played in quite a while.

• Options
    noir_bloodnoir_blood Registered User regular
    Woops, yep meant iOS.

• Options
    edited December 2020
    This seems kinda like the Fuser thread as well at this point so can we get a thread title update?

picked up 1 Thing with some eShop credit I had, man the drums and vocals in that are so fucking good

Crippl3 on
  • Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
  • Options
    SporkAndrewSporkAndrew Registered User, ClubPA regular
    The one about the fucking space hairdresser and the cowboy. He's got a tinfoil pal and a pedal bin
  • Options
    KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    Ended up picking up Fuser and enjoying it!

They gamefied the campaign enough where it doesn't feel just as a way to mess around with the tools.

• Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    @DJ Eebs can we get a thread title change, like "Like a phoenix rises Fuser! (RIP Dropbox)"

Or, maybe something catchier or wittier.

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    MysstMysst King Monkey of Hedonism IslandRegistered User regular
    I'm finding it real difficult to make travesties but shania twain is giving it her best shot

ikbUJdU.jpg
  • Options
    Mysst wrote: »
    I'm finding it real difficult to make travesties but shania twain is giving it her best shot

My most accursed mixes usually involve the synth riff from Take On Me, slowed down and flipped to minor key. That'll turn just about anything into a nightmare.

• Options
    MysstMysst King Monkey of Hedonism IslandRegistered User regular
    shalmelo wrote: »
    Mysst wrote: »

My most accursed mixes usually involve the synth riff from Take On Me, slowed down and flipped to minor key. That'll turn just about anything into a nightmare.

oooh, I haven't gotten to that stuff yet

ikbUJdU.jpg
  • Options
    https://www.gameinformer.com/2021/01/27/harmonix-details-new-fuser-update-and-teases-upcoming-dlc

1.3 update is coming soon.
    • new Live Set events, competitive events with leaderboards and prizes
    • more co-op options, including the length of rounds and # of rounds you can play for public sessions
    • Hot Clip tool, which lets you preview a disc before you drop it into your mix, since it plays the track it kinda lets you add a 5th loop to your mix
    • new crate sorting options
    • (this one is something I wanted for a while) separate calibration settings for docked and handheld play for Switch
    • Streamer options, including turning off non-monetizable songs and enabling native console sharing features (aka Xbox/PS4/Switch clips and streaming)

Also, there's a demo out now on every platform

• Options
    Haven't decided if I want Fuser on my Switch or PC. The breaking up of Rock Band across multiple platforms kind of burned me.

• Options
    Johnny ChopsockyJohnny Chopsocky Scootaloo! We have to cook! Grillin' HaysenburgersRegistered User regular
    Crippl3 wrote: »
    https://www.gameinformer.com/2021/01/27/harmonix-details-new-fuser-update-and-teases-upcoming-dlc

1.3 update is coming soon.
    • new Live Set events, competitive events with leaderboards and prizes
    • more co-op options, including the length of rounds and # of rounds you can play for public sessions
    • Hot Clip tool, which lets you preview a disc before you drop it into your mix, since it plays the track it kinda lets you add a 5th loop to your mix
    • new crate sorting options
    • (this one is something I wanted for a while) separate calibration settings for docked and handheld play for Switch
    • Streamer options, including turning off non-monetizable songs and enabling native console sharing features (aka Xbox/PS4/Switch clips and streaming)

Also, there's a demo out now on every platform

Oh hey, the demo I've been wanting to see how this plays

ygPIJ.gif
    Steam ID XBL: JohnnyChopsocky PSN:Stud_Beefpile WiiU:JohnnyChopsocky
  • Options
    (FUSERgame is the Fuser twitter account)

Vote on other DJs' mixes 10 times next week to unlock “Wishin’ I Had It Now” by Billzantium❗

If you vote on 10 mixes in the next event, you get a new song, an original from Dropmix

• Options
    SleepSleep Registered User regular
    Oh hey it's the fuser thread, i caved and got myself this. First thing i did was go into freestyle to remix mi gente and jolean cause im a fuckin monster.

• Options
    Jolene goes with everything

• Options
    Jolene goes with everything

One of my most valuable Dropmix cards, and I always loved dropping it in and just blowing people away.

• Options
    Holy shit I'm bad at this game, the campaign is devastatingly hard. Stage 5 Set 4 was insanity

• Options
    edited February 2021
    Sleep wrote: »
    Holy shit I'm bad at this game, the campaign is devastatingly hard. Stage 5 Set 4 was insanity

The campaign can get pretty difficult. One thing I don't think they do a real good job of telling you to do is to be switching out tracks as much as you can, even beyond requests. I think placing on a pickup is worth more points than a downbeat? Have they taught you about pickups yet?

crimsoncoyote on
  • Options
    Sleep wrote: »

The campaign can get pretty difficult. One thing I don't think they do a real good job of telling you to do is to be switching out tracks as much as you can, even beyond requests. I think placing on a pickup is worth more points than a downbeat? Have they taught you about pickups yet?

Oh for sure i definitely don't switch out enough, i'm getting into laying effects on tracks and getting downbeats with effect use.

• Options
    More details on the 1.3 patch: https://www.fuser.com/en-us/news/article/3015

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vm2Oc5AhQ0g
    Live Set events are high-score challenge events, featuring what are basically new campaign levels with additional modifiers, you can try as many times as you want during the event with unlocks based on your highest score

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1AwV35tXmzc
    Hot Clips lets you preview a 5th loop in your mix before you drop it

• Options
    Nice. Im still working on the basic skills before I record any mixes. I do have a snapshot that will basically define that first mix though