As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

SECRET SATANS 2020. PERFECT GIFTING!

• NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    I believe I have been visited by a dark benefactor? A Schiit Fulla 3 DAC arrived in the mail today!

kd694rhqygdm.png

I've been starting to wade into the kiddie pool side of audiophile stuff, so thank you Satan! At least, I think it came from you?

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    Fucking finally.

You've got one more package coming, once I pack it and get it in the mail.

Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
  • NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    Tonkka wrote: »
    Fucking finally.

You've got one more package coming, once I pack it and get it in the mail.

Hail Satan! <3

I suspected you might have been my satan once I remembered the shirt/sticker logo design, but wanted to wait it out and see. It was worth it. Thanks so much!

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • JaysonFourJaysonFour Classy Monster Kitteh Registered User regular
    (Cross-posting from G&T!)

ovr1hlkzij2i.gif

And now, after multiple delays due to rampant stupidity and technological glitches, we present the two-part finale to "A Very Kitteh Christmas", already in progress.

Part III: Gotta Frame Them All

Yes, I know, it's been forever and I should have posted these a few weeks ago, but with everything going on, it got lost in the shuffle. I'm going to go blame leftover vestiges of 2020 and the usual bunch of idiots whose antics have been well-recorded.

Anyways, on to happier stuff! Like gifts, and cats!

uafCecQ.jpg?1

I have to admit, of all the things, I wasn't expecting an envelope bubble-mailer type thing. But I wondered what was inside it...?

nF3zHMi.jpg

I've... never heard of this company. But judging by the name, well... they sell some kinds of prints? Welp, only way forward is to open it up and see...

And inside...

m0Dr18c.jpg?2

2fb7AN7.jpg?2

rVRpY8S.jpg?2

9KVTVwy.jpg?2

ylrfq8N.jpg?2

zKMT1GO.jpg?2

Six suitable-for-framing Pokemon prints- an entire team- or a rescue squad, if the Vulpix print is anything to go by! These look amazing, Santa, and as they're in a safe place for now- we're going to get them some frames and get them up on the wall in either my room or my niece's room once things out in the world calm down! (She absolutely adores the Vulpix and the Eevee- particularly the Eevee because that's the Let's Go game she's working through... but I doubt anything will beat the love she has for her first starter, Jake (from State Farm), the Inteleon. Yeah, she saw a lot of State Farm commercials on her iPad....)

But these are awesome and thanks for sending them along!

Part IV: Not Christmas Without Cookies

And, finally, we come to the fourth box. It got opened before I could get a picture of it, but here's the next-best thing:

fetSs8y.jpg

Well, there's something in there... can't tell what until I open it all the way, though...

XJ5PGHp.jpg?2

It looks like some enterprising Santa has sent me delicious-looking cookies!

fPmKLWI.jpg?1

Three boxes worth of Kinder hippo cookies, with chocolate hazelnut cream! This is one of those things we just can't get out here- at least not without driving to a store with a pretty big international section- but I can say they are yummy and a big hit with the whole house!

And I don't know if my Santa's made themselves known, but- thanks for all the gifts, and many apologies for getting this up late- what with everything, you almost got lost in the shuffle!

steam_sig.png
    I can has cheezburger, yes?
  • RadiationRadiation Registered User regular
    YES! Hippos are the best! And it is my mission to make sure Santee gets them each year!
    But I'm also not your santa.
    The pokemon prints are adorbs though!

PSN: jfrofl
  • MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    edited January 2021
    I have been gifted once more!

So, as I mentioned before, I was mailed a copy of Shaq Fu.

During the holiday forums, I was also mailed ANOTHER copy of Shaq Fu. This one I was somewhat prepared for because I recognized the name. There was also a note saying "Next year there will be more." Which... ominous and threatening, I like it.

Today I go to check my mail and I see a largeish box from the same name as the sender of the Shaq Fu cartridges. Oh no, I think. I'm going to have to explain to @Janson why I have six more copies of Shaq Fu.

I open it, and to my surprise... It's Shaq-Fuless!

Instead is contained:

4cxmgkmoll7e.jpeg

A face mask with all the jojo villians on it!

m3nccrosjm2f.jpeg

It also looks good to hide my horrible face.

bs7jgksah940.jpeg

A Solaire sticker, likely for a car window but since I am unsure how much longer I'm going to have my car, I'm either going to put it on my laptop or just save until I have a car that isn't a pile of garbage.

r1aj6to73cji.jpeg

Some Solaire socks! These own!

71fv7ylaolph.jpeg

A couple Dark Souls figures, I look forward to putting these together and putting them on my desk.

gxrqfsamuce8.jpeg

An miniature inflatable tube man! I think the kids will love this, and I do too.

3gyfn2w316xp.jpeg

And who is responsible for this very generous gifting?

a5elc38bipch.jpeg

It's from @JimBobtheMonkey, of course! Thank you very much sir, for your extremely generous gift!

Also, I just remembered I need to order a frame for that Dark Souls print.

Moriveth on
  • BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    Hey, I think we're down to one or two people who haven't received anything. If you're one of those people, can you please @ me in this thread, one more time?

• DrZiplockDrZiplock Registered User regular
    No whammies, no whammies, no whammies...

C'mon full gifting...

• Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    @Brolo I am still waiting (although as previously mentioned, I'd been given an imp message that something was on the way).

RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
  • KadithKadith Registered User regular
    i swear if i ended up totp again

@Brolo I am also still waiting

zkHcp.jpg
  • XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    I was gifted (twice!) but as of yet do not know who I was gifted by!

• JaysonFourJaysonFour Classy Monster Kitteh Registered User regular
    The hippos were indeed delicious. We're hoping we can get a few more boxes off Amazon!

I also haven't heard who my Santa is, but if they don't want to say, well... that's fine too!

steam_sig.png
    I can has cheezburger, yes?
  • JimBobtheMonkeyJimBobtheMonkey Registered User regular
    Moriveth wrote: »
    I have been gifted once more!

I'm glad everything made it ok! I was slightly worried when I didn't hear anything about the 2nd Shaq attack because I didn't hold onto the tracking info, but I figured that was due to the holiday forum shenanigans. I was tempted to toss a 3rd Shaqfu in the box, but restrained myself.

• MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    Honestly I am very surprised it wasn't just like... six more copies of Shaq Fu. I appreciate the restraint though.

Part of the delay in the posting about the second cartridge was the holiday forum, and also I just... forgot for a while, heh.

• Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    I got an unexpected delivery today, which contained these absurdly cute crochet cactus

733opys1dynj.jpg

Thank you, again, @Brolo. For some reason these make me laugh every time I look at them.

ummmmm

what is that behind the cacti?

Ah I'm glad they showed up!

so originally

this was supposed to be a an actual cactus arrangement!

which was originally supposed be sent via etsy

unfortunately I didn't see that it was being sent from Germany to England

HU3DneIl.jpg
    which uh... somewhere over the border resulted in a destroyed plant. they send me a picture that looked kinda like this and asked if I still wanted it delivered. I opted for 'no'

they then asked if I wanted to re-ship it instead, and I said sure

and that, due to what I guess were language barrier issues, ended up with me being sent a box that looked like this a few weeks later
    LI1QlEMl.jpg

they had shipped the dead plant back to germany, and then sent the remains to me in canada

this was accompanied with no note or explanation whatsoever, so my wife and I were.... very confused, for a few days

finally the store owner asked if we were satisfied and I had to say that we were not

so for the third try we opted for crochet cactuses instead. I'm glad these didn't run into any issues!

Merry Delayed Satansmas to you, Smof! Merry Delayed Satansmas to everybody!

• Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    It's this badboy
    6mz6hgr0ogu7.jpg

It should really be hanging on the wall but I'm real lazy so it isn't yet

Sorry Brolo, not ignoring you, for some reason your post didn't show up before I'd replied to Xaquin.

That is a sad story, poor cactuses. I hope you lovingly laid their remains to rest. Sorry for the hassle/expense all that caused you. I have to admit the idea of you receiving an unmarked box of dead plants like you angered a mafia botanist is a bit amusing though.

• TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    Yeah on the one hand boooo shipping troubles but on the other I'm literally laughing out loud at that post.

steam_sig.png
  • TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    Also I'm kind of surprised a box of dirt made it over the border. Aren't there pretty strict rules about importing possible invasive things?

steam_sig.png
    honestly I'm not even sure they declared that it was a box of dirt

like the only thing on it was a sticker with my name and address

• PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    This post is coming a bit late due to me getting an atrocious migraine last night, but,
    ovr1hlkzij2i.gif
    From Radiation!
    in8cqz7e7gdr.jpg
    I received the first package I think the day after Christmas, which included the doggie doughnuts (which were fairly quickly consumed by the doggies), the apple cinnamon dog treat, some Kinder hippos which I ate almost immediately and forgot to take a picture of, and two little wooden Among Us crewmen, one of which adorns my fridge, and the other my keychain. There was also a hat, a custom one-of-a-kind job which I felt needed its own picture, down below. The most recent package was this beautiful handmade cutting board! It's a good size, it's hefty, and it's smooooooove. I haven't broken it in yet, wanted to ask @Radiation a couple questions first!
    f6f6pdp1y1ux.jpg

So, thank you, not-so-mysterious Satan, for the gifts! My dogs would thank you, I think, but I've never heard either one thank anybody.

edited January 2021
    Yay! I wasn't sure if the hat would fit your aesthetic, but I really like it! It's from my buddy Evan who does a bunch of neat designs. I met him at the makerspace and I love working with him/getting to interact with him about different projects.
    His website is being worked on, but everyone should check him out in general (shameless plug for someone else).

Radiation on
  • AntoshkaAntoshka Miauen Oil Change LazarusRegistered User regular
    edited January 2021
    So, I was working from home today on a variety of horrifying things, and a courier just kind of wandered in, and handed me a package from... somewhere a long way away. I was confused, and then became less so when I looked at the label, and realized what it must be!

So, as is tradition:

ovr1hlkzij2i.gif

The box, as it arrived, with cat for scale.
    NKTBhhi.png

There is a card!
    rURBefX.png

The contents of the card - apparently, they have small wings. And they've definitely come a long way
    0IObLj0.png

ifykYt5.png
    This is the cutest little dragon that has ever existed. Holy shit, this is rad. I don't think this photo quite gets across the little flying motion I'm making here, instead rendering it as blurriness (or, I'm just bad at photos), but this is amazing.

3NTPSNN.png
    Here he is chilling with Santa dragon, but this demands a better placement than the door plinth. I'm going to have to set him up somewhere better.

Holy shit @Brovid Hasselsmof I love it so much. You can be sure that this little dragon is going to be doing a tour of these here islands in the near future. Thank you so much, and a Merry belated Christmas!

Edit on this:

Because I'm an unobservant person, I missed something else in the box, hidden amongst the paddings, and, well... the box:
    4RTZZeO.png

For those of you who don't know the reference here, I will simply suggest that you read Gideon the 9th.
    If you have, or do, you will then realize that this is a most excellent gift. If you havent, you really should.

Antoshka on
    n57PM0C.jpg
    That dragon is adorbs smof! I'm going to have to show my daughter who has been doing a bunch of bees.

• Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    omg it's soo cute

RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
    I'm glad to see it arrived safely, and that the little dragon gets to enjoy some apparently stunning weather. Please take pics if you take him on adventures :biggrin:

• KadithKadith Registered User regular
    What should arrive today but a mysterious package from the state of Flo-rida
    eTvPIZrl.jpeg
    Some delicious Korean(?) Candies and a fun looking boardgame that we can't wait to play

Thanks @Dyvion !

zkHcp.jpg
  • initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    Oh deer lorde,

Satan has my phone number and is using it to finally kill me.

Pictures later

edited January 2021
    EEehehehehe I had a package poorly concealed under my doormat when I got back from outrigger this morning!

Which is hilarious because I live in a secure building with only three neighbors on my floor and I know them all and have their contact numbers, and also it was a pretty BIG box to hide under a doormat, so, thanks for watching out for me anyway postman!

GG4Zvrl.png

First, a card! Aww, puppos! I validated it with my puppo and he said "yep"

dDg4JQsh.jpg

The card has text! Wild! Unheard of! Also it reveals the identity of my Satan!

sJGVr86h.jpg

Inside the package was a bottle of Canadian magic, which I shall use to make either french toast or waffles this weekend I think! This is awesome. It's actually quite difficult to get proper maple syrup here - there's only one shop I know of that sells The Good Stuff and that's only if it happens to be in stock. I also super love the no-brand-no-name mysterious packaging.

Tn54HTqh.jpg

Annnd a special local Canada Coffee, my favourite beverage next to water! I'm super excited to try this; I will set aside my current beans tomorrow morning and have a cup of this instead!

GWVpj35h.jpg

This is super awesome, @theoriginalz - especially when I've been stuck on this (very safe and generally enjoyable) island for a year I really miss how travel lets me try new local things, so a taste of the great white north is very welcome. Also I know you were worried that it was going to arrive sometime who-knows-when but it's here! Hooray and thank you! Happy Satanmas, every one!

Lost Salient on
    RUVCwyu.jpg
    I believe... with this last post... that we have once again achieved
    f7bpvmfmltt6.png
    ukzgpfcrh84l.png
    qcxxpxh2ckqm.gif

congrats everybody! happy holidays all around!

special thanks to Radiation and Lonelyahava! Y'all rocked it this season!

I still don't know who my satan was, but thank you again!

• PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    I low key was hoping to get you this time, LS. My local hand-made home decor place has these, like, 5-foot diameter scrap iron wall decorations done up in really old-timey style advertisement fashion. One is a big ol' cow with an actual, functional cow bell hanging on its neck, with "Drink Milk!" welded onto its butt as a brand. And they have a big ol' wrought iron Jack Daniels logo circa the 1960s, like 3' x4', and the first time I saw them I immediately thought they were basically made For You.

• UsagiUsagi Nah Registered User regular
    @Brolo thank you so much for organizing all this, it was a huge highlight in a really tough and isolated time for me <3

Between this and all his announcements in the games thread Brolo is like... a guy who brings joy and gifts to people. I wonder if there's a name for that.

• #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    Between this and all his announcements in the games thread Brolo is like... a guy who brings joy and gifts to people. I wonder if there's a name for that.

Gifting Daddy.

• initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    #pipe wrote: »

Gifting Daddy.
    ev1acygt7r07.jpg

• lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    Hooray!

Over 200 PM notifications for me since we started.

Yes I keep track. Because it's fun.

Thank you everybody!