As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[WoW Classic] More full servers than Live.

• Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    Just group them up and cleave them down, they don't have that much health.

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    AllyxiaAllyxia Registered User regular
    What if we lured the 4h to the slime tunnel to kill them

• Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    edited January 2021
    Should kite them back to Vael's room Spider Wing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GTAJtJglKEA

Reynolds on
    uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    worksintheoryworksintheory Registered User regular
    Rius wrote: »
    I said a couple weeks ago that we were probably only 2-3 tricks and/or tweaks away from killing Gothik, and it was totally correct. We stuck the dead side healers in the corner furthest from the skeleton piles and set up a defensive line, we shifted 2 melee dps to the live side, I gave the live side Priests specific waves and sides to target for shackling (instead of trying to reactive call them), the Mages picked up some spare polymorphs, and the dead side coordinated a specific offtank to pick up and separate the horsies so everyone didn't get aoe slow'd

So yeah, 5-6 tweaks, but we were always very close to this =) Only took 4 more pulls.

I learned you can ass-pull Gothik. Fun times.

• Options
    "What the fuck is that smell below my balcony??"

• Options
    ironzergironzerg Registered User regular
    So I took a shot at coming back to retail after 10 years. I found a very old WoW gift card that I had probably gotten as a gift years and years ago, and it still worked...so I have 60 days of game time to go.

I've been gone too long, and I'm not getting that hankering to fire WoW up after I get the kids to bed.

Gave Classic a try, and it just felt better. Is the Alliance PvE guild still doing anything on Pagle?

• Options
    enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    edited January 2021
    Still going strong, doing Naxx progression. 11 bosses down, hoping for Loatheb this week.

If you want to try to catch up and raid before TBC, our ret paladin would love one more healer so he can return to doing ret things. Otherwise more melee dps is always welcome.

enlightenedbum on
    Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • Options
    I was thinking of going the Priest route. My old-school WoW days were mostly spent as dwarf warrior off-tanking MC. I thought I might reincarnate him as a dwarf priest and try the other side of it.

Ironically enough, DPS always stressed me out because I hated the meters. With tanking, I felt like things were more pass/fail.

So I guess that answers that. I'll try to make a toon tonight and get a few levels under his belt.

• Options
    A dwarf priest in particular would be nice, yes. We mostly took human because we're lazy and hate rep grinds. Have one dwarf priest, a second would make some fear based encounters much easier. At the moment lots of competition for gear but by the time you were 60 and Naxx ready probably considerably less so.

• Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    Yeah our warlock would probably love to have that second dwarf priest so he doesn't have to switch for gluth

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    A dwarf priest in particular would be nice, yes. We mostly took human because we're lazy and hate rep grinds. Have one dwarf priest, a second would make some fear based encounters much easier. At the moment lots of competition for gear but by the time you were 60 and Naxx ready probably considerably less so.

Some of us like to be pretty and watch falling stars

• Options
    initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    bowen wrote: »
    Yeah our warlock would probably love to have that second dwarf priest so he doesn't have to switch for gluth

me finding out i'm not "your warlock"

• Options
    PhyphorPhyphor Building Planet Busters Tasting FruitRegistered User regular

Also when there was "only one warlock" in BWL... Hmm

• Options
    Level 6 Dwarf Priest named Tumblah. So far so good.

• Options
    https://discord.gg/k6FvH8v

The discord to bug an officer for an invite.

• Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular

oh yeah we have more than one warlock now

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    Two Three things for after dark MC:

1. Circlet of Prophecy dropped
    2. I can never get trinkets ever
    3. OH MY GOD WHAT THE FUCK IS UP WITH NINJA RESPAWN DOGS

• Options
    I take it there's still more mc in everyone's future?

• Options
    Allyxia wrote: »
    Two Three things for after dark MC:

1. Circlet of Prophecy dropped
    2. I can never get trinkets ever
    3. OH MY GOD WHAT THE FUCK IS UP WITH NINJA RESPAWN DOGS

Son of a bitch

Of course I'm here awake at 5 AM filling out a sub request, so it was the right call. :(

• Options
    FrozenzenFrozenzen Registered User regular
    Woo, 12/15 in one night yesterday. We even got an attempt on horsemen in but people were tired and we ended up wiping.

Tuesday will be interesting, We got a bunch of pulls on saph done last week after our first 4H kill, without frost res on most of the raid. Next week we should be fully prepared and ready to give it a real try.

• Options

The discord to bug an officer for an invite.

Thank you.

• Options
    RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
    <Reforged Daggers> used to have a super robust lineup of Priests, but now a couple months into some good Naxxramas progression we're down to... four? And we lost both our Dwarves, to boot. So yeah, if you've got a mildly decently geared Alliance Priest and you're looking for a group to close out P6 with, we're 11/15 and going to be working on Loatheb soon (probably starting today), assuming we can hold our current ground.

If you're on another server we can talk transfer fees.

• Options
    This week sucks and definitely felt that endgame burnout

• Options
    crimsoncoyotecrimsoncoyote Registered User regular

Yeah unfortunately my guild has been feeling it since the start of naxx. Though tonight we did manage to get all our farm bosses, including a one-shot on heigan (our first one-shot!) after a rough gauntlet.

We started the night struggling on anub, but managed to get back into the swing of things around the middle of the raid, for, I think, our best single night yet. We even did a single teleport one shot on Noth tonight.

Also our fury/prot DW tanked Noth and
    vi1x32qklcv1.png

• Options
    Oh shit

Grats on the Heigan one shot!!

• Options
    edited February 2021
    Heck yeah. Heigan one shot is one of those where it feels like once you get the dance you never fail again. I'm even finding time for popping all my instants and immolating at the wings on p2 because it's just a set of movements inscribed into my dna now

Of course we disproved that this week as a group but ya know, I'm just glad we're through this week with whatever we got and I'm gonna move on.

initiatefailure on
  • Options
    Raiden333Raiden333 Registered User regular
    edited February 2021
    Another rough night of 4 horsemen progress in Naxx. I get that the rotations are way easier for melee than anyone else, so I'm on easy mode, but boy it's really frustrating watching your consumes tick down as the raid leader has to explain the fight again, for the 6th time, with the exact strat he read word for word 5 times previously, because someone goes "wait so I wasn't supposed to run at Blaum after the third mark?" We even had multiple dress rehearsals using the bone piles in Gothik's room and people were just not able to get it down, and since Sundays are our Naxx part Deuxx progression nights, the superbowl is probably gonna fuck up next week's raid.

But on the bright side, good god Kiss of the Spider is so good. One of the lines of green text on it should just straight up say "If you're a rogue, macro this trinket onto your blade flurry button and never take it off again." Very glad I spent my suicide-bid on it, since it seems like it might be awhile before people are fighting over swords.

Raiden333 on
    There was a steam sig here. It's gone now.
  • Options
    RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
    edited February 2021

MC harder

<3

Rius on
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    *shakes fist* When we get 10/25mans I WILL HAVE MY DAY

Also maybe outpump @fRAWRst in kara uwu

edit: also I finally switched my warlock from affliction to DS/Ruin and holy shit this stuff is wild

Allyxia on
  • Options
    InfidelInfidel Heretic Registered User regular
    Raiden333 wrote: »
    Another rough night of 4 horsemen progress in Naxx. I get that the rotations are way easier for melee than anyone else, so I'm on easy mode, but boy it's really frustrating watching your consumes tick down as the raid leader has to explain the fight again, for the 6th time, with the exact strat he read word for word 5 times previously, because someone goes "wait so I wasn't supposed to run at Blaum after the third mark?" We even had multiple dress rehearsals using the bone piles in Gothik's room and people were just not able to get it down, and since Sundays are our Naxx part Deuxx progression nights, the superbowl is probably gonna fuck up next week's raid.

But on the bright side, good god Kiss of the Spider is so good. One of the lines of green text on it should just straight up say "If you're a rogue, macro this trinket onto your blade flurry button and never take it off again." Very glad I spent my suicide-bid on it, since it seems like it might be awhile before people are fighting over swords.

4th Iblis, 3rd Fang, 2nd Remorse this week. Our loot luck with weapons has finally inverted with Naxx and we just are getting so many, it's great.

Still no tier 1 legendaries of course.

OrokosPA.png
  • Options
    Raiden333Raiden333 Registered User regular
    Infidel wrote: »

4th Iblis, 3rd Fang, 2nd Remorse this week. Our loot luck with weapons has finally inverted with Naxx and we just are getting so many, it's great.

our raid's curse is war/rogue tokens.

We literally get an average of a single one each raid night.

There was a steam sig here. It's gone now.
  • Options
    FrozenzenFrozenzen Registered User regular

The weak aura is amazing for 4h marks. Makes it easy to focus on the fairly hectic healing and just move when it toots. (and you won't get meteored).

• Options
    crimsoncoyotecrimsoncoyote Registered User regular
    Infidel wrote: »

our raid's curse is war/rogue tokens.

We literally get an average of a single one each raid night.

We have entire nights of just cloth, it's weird. Though it was nice this week not getting any frost gear.

• Options
    fRAWRstfRAWRst The Seas Call The Mad AnswerRegistered User regular
    *shakes fist* When we get 10/25mans I WILL HAVE MY DAY

Also maybe outpump @fRAWRst in kara uwu

edit: also I finally switched my warlock from affliction to DS/Ruin and holy shit this stuff is wild

i believe in you

J3qcnBP.png
  • Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    hmm do you need more than one heal priest?

i think Aldrea's healing gear was at least as good as the shadow gear

i don't want to take anyone's spot though

do i have enough gold to respec

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    Chanus wrote: »

yes we need heal priests and i will pay your respec if your serious

fRAWRst on
    J3qcnBP.png
  • Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    fRAWRst wrote: »

i wasn't serious about the gold (i think) i'm just laughably poor at all times

i just

everybody knows i'm a part time lover so i don't want to crowd anyone out who'll be more dedicated than i am

• Options
    fRAWRst wrote: »

i wasn't serious about the gold (i think) i'm just laughably poor at all times

i just

everybody knows i'm a part time lover so i don't want to crowd anyone out who'll be more dedicated than i am

get in here

J3qcnBP.png
  • Options
    i'm already in heh

i'll hop on this afternoon and get myself sorted out

• Options
    edited February 2021
    He's in the guild, just hasn't played in a while.

enlightenedbum on
This discussion has been closed.