As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Penny Arcade - Comic - Tartarus

DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
edited January 2021 in The Penny Arcade Hub
imagePenny Arcade - Comic - Tartarus

Videogaming-related online strip by Mike Krahulik and Jerry Holkins. Includes news and commentary.

Read the full story here

Unknown User on

• Options
    SubotaiSubotai Registered User new member
    PTDS...as in Post Toys-R-Us Stress Disorder....I think we all have suffered this.

• Options
    BropocalypseBropocalypse Registered User regular
    Every time I think of you
    The sweetest dream will do
    I don't miss you, baby
    and I do wanna miss a thing

• Options
    MaximumSquidMaximumSquid Registered User regular
    My friend has some pretty good stories from when he worked at Toys R Us & they were always from the holiday season.

• Options
    MichaelLCMichaelLC In what furnace was thy brain? ChicagoRegistered User regular
    Other than being excited to see Orko 'in person', my only other good story is almost being crushed by a NES when the kid stocking it on a ladder dropped it.

I remember trying to catch it and him yelling at me to watch out.

• Options
    GrendusGrendus Registered User regular
    I'm the same way about Walmart. I can't even go in there any more, their self checkout machines beep on a very specific frequency and I can feel my blood pressure rising when I hear it. And on top of that, fuck the Waltons.

• Options
    zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
    I wonder what footage they were checking out.

I worked at Media Play the year the PS2 came out. That was rough...I went to college after that.

• Options
    LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    There was specifically a video that was passed around on Facebook and other social media this past weekend showing footage of a shopping trip in TRU.

• Options
    HevachHevach Registered User regular
    It's in the news page. It bears little resemblance to Gabe's flashback.

• Options
    T-DangerT-Danger Registered User regular
    I'm not entirely sure what the fuss is about the video. It's fascinating to see what things looked like back then, but I was expecting something weird or dramatic to happen.

I must admit, seeing the wall of tickets to get video games from brought back memories.

• Options
    Anon von ZilchAnon von Zilch Registered User regular
    I, too, was expecting at least a punch to be thrown. But the whole time I was just vibing to all the cool shit I remember wanting when I was five.
    Although I understand how someone like Gabe who served there would not be thrilled in equal measure.

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    I still get nightmares about working in fastfood and I haven't done that in almost twenty years. I think when you do a job in your formative years it burns into you in a way.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    EmperorSethEmperorSeth Registered User regular
    That was a really good comic title.

You know what? Nanowrimo's cancelled on account of the world is stupid.
  • Options
    kralizecckralizecc Registered User regular
    I started to sweat, tense up, and prepare for violence when I saw the young lady unboxing a gameboy in the isle. I think... I think there's something wrong... inside.

In warframe on PC my name is severenn
  • Options
    bwaniebwanie Posting into the void Registered User regular
    edited January 2021
    I too, know the viscious sting of the fel giraffe's lash, whilst climbing 4-th row shelves for babyborn baths.

Geoffrey was a cruel master.

bwanie on
    Yh6tI4T.jpg
  • Options
    zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
    Preacher wrote: »
    I still get nightmares about working in fastfood and I haven't done that in almost twenty years. I think when you do a job in your formative years it burns into you in a way.
    Also I think we tend to carry more trauma than we realize and maybe we could all talk to a therapist about it to help unpack a lot of the shit we've been carrying around for a while.

• Options
    sfsdfdsfsdfd Registered User new member
    > This means that in the space of two days - or, two mowed lawns, roughly the same value - I could grab a new text adventure from Trillium, or Telarium I guess it was eventually.

A man of culture, I see. Props.

• Options
    shadowysea07shadowysea07 Registered User regular
    edited January 2021
    I've only been inside a toys r us twice for birthday present shopping. smrpglotss and pokemon sapphire.

shadowysea07 on