As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

SECRET SATANS 2020. PERFECT GIFTING!

• DrZiplockDrZiplock Registered User regular
    Hail, Brolo!

Hail, Hava!

Hail, Imps and Elves Unknown!

HAIL SATAN!

• TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    edited January 2021
    HAI
    LSA
    TAN

EDIT: Link to that shirt in my sig now.

Tonkka on
    Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
  • initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    edited January 2021
    sorry took me a minute because my phone takes pictures larger than the forum limits.

so the reason satan wanted my phone number was to frighten me and then stop my heart (and it was a requirement for adding my address on this order)
    k6hjw7hrci0p.jpg
    07slgdqiafa3.jpg

before i show you the gifts, these are the 3 best Things I know of.

1:
    2:
    https://www.boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/226634/thing-infection-outpost-31
    (fun fact this thing no longer exists because the people who made it did so without any licensing rights and didn't get caught for several years of selling the game. It's my favorite social deduction game period and I'm upset i missed my window to get a copy for normal prices)

3:
    slqpd04hjn1m.jpg

I love this god damn movie. Also my partner hates horror films so yes we will be watching this. And I have been wanting to try this coffee for years since I heard about it back in college.

Thank you again @Lasbrook these will be greatly appreciated by me and will terrify my partner appropriately

initiatefailure on
  • LalaboxLalabox Registered User regular
    Brolo must bring joy in these threads as atonement for what he did in the webcomics threads

• LasbrookLasbrook It takes a lot to make a stew When it comes to me and youRegistered User regular
    Aww that's a bummer about the board game, I finally played it at PAX South last year and it was fun and thought I might finally get a copy. The Thing was the first thing I saw on your wishlist that I knew I wanted to get you but it didn't fit in the theme so off to January it went.

• VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    Brolo honestly might be my favourite forumer

• TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    Veldrin wrote: »
    Brolo honestly might be my favourite forumer

Wow okay, I guess Xmas is really over.

Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
  • TefTef Registered User regular
    Yeah what the fuck Veldrin I'm right here

help a fellow forumer meet their mental health care needs because USA healthcare sucks!

Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better

bit.ly/2XQM1ke
    Look we can hold tryouts if y'all really want, I think I have a few swords laying around somewhere, maybe a particularly sturdy broom

Trial by stone.

winner is whoever brings me the coolest rock, just the sickest looking rock you've ever beheld in your life

Well I'm out. Where do you find a cool rock? It's a complete mystery.

edited January 2021
    I got a really nice agate I had to fistfight an Irishman for. It’s behind the bar down on my farm. You’ll have to go get it yourself, watch out for the pigs

Tef on
    help a fellow forumer meet their mental health care needs because USA healthcare sucks!

bit.ly/2XQM1ke
  • Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    winner is whoever brings me the coolest rock, just the sickest looking rock you've ever beheld in your life

I have piles of rocks

You ain't even know cause you guys refuse to come over and hang with Haechi and I

RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
    edited January 2021

I have piles of rocks

You ain't even know cause you guys refuse to come over and hang with Haechi and I

Believe me, as soon as we get that vaccine sorted we're gonna be hanging off the first plane flying over there

Veldrin on
    Tef wrote: »
    I got a really nice agate I had to fistfight and Irishman for. It’s behind the bar down on my farm. You’ll have to go get it yourself, watch out for the pigs

None of this has been made up, FYI. Pretty sure Blake, Viv and AJR have seen my rocks in the bar

bit.ly/2XQM1ke
  • Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    How drunk were you when you showed your rocks to them and how grossed out were they?

How drunk were you when you showed your rocks to them and how grossed out were they?
    Yes

bit.ly/2XQM1ke
  • PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular

I'm sure Tef has majestic rocks.

• Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    Pinfeldorf wrote: »
    I low key was hoping to get you this time, LS. My local hand-made home decor place has these, like, 5-foot diameter scrap iron wall decorations done up in really old-timey style advertisement fashion. One is a big ol' cow with an actual, functional cow bell hanging on its neck, with "Drink Milk!" welded onto its butt as a brand. And they have a big ol' wrought iron Jack Daniels logo circa the 1960s, like 3' x4', and the first time I saw them I immediately thought they were basically made For You.

I'm really into this cow btw

RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
  • LalaboxLalabox Registered User regular
    so

it was a pride flag coloured dildo

@Lasbrook we have reached the level of using this diablo sauce in everything

• LasbrookLasbrook It takes a lot to make a stew When it comes to me and youRegistered User regular
    Fortunately for you they have an online store:

https://www.torchysmerch.com/storeitem.html?vid=20200224432&iid=31031

• RanlinRanlin Oh gosh Registered User regular
    Oh my.

Before I enabled javascript for their storefront it was telling me they sold that for $1000, rather than $10.00

That would have to be some amazing sauce for 1k

NoScripters make up the bulk of their business

• CelloCello Registered User regular
    edited April 2021
    So I just received the final part of my gift from @Tef and it is tremendous
    wr2ctobu1fcl.jpeg

It is a pounamu (Jade) necklace, collected from the South Island of New Zealand by a friend of his, who is part of the Ngaati Maniapoto iwi of the Waikato-Tainui region. It has an adjustable rope so I can fit it over my head comfortably and the pendant has a really amazing weight and feel to it - a very, very soft and smooth stone.

Tef went to the trouble of speaking with the ruahine (women elders) he was connected to, who provided their karakia (blessings) over the gift, which is an important part of Maori culture, removing negativity that might be present, especially given that it was going all the way from New Zealand/Aotearoa to Canada. He also chose the Toki (adze) for me specifically to encourage strength, bravery, and mana (natural energy, inner power, and force of will).

It is a wonderfully thoughtful, kind, and generous gift, and I am frankly stunned by the amount of work that went into this, as well as being honoured that it was given with such great involvement and support by the Maniapoto iwi. I'll do my best to treat it with the respect it deserves, and I'm really thankful for both the gift and the opportunity to learn more about an indigenous group from your part of the world! Truly, thank you Tef!!

Cello on
    Steam
    3DS Friend Code: 0216-0898-6512
    Switch Friend Code: SW-7437-1538-7786
  • DrZiplockDrZiplock Registered User regular
    Both the story and the piece are equally beautiful.

Kia ora, Cello! I’m chuffed to bits that you like it so much. I’ll let the whanau know how much you like it, and I’ll pass on your gratitude as well.

I’m grateful that I could recognise you like this, and I know you deserve it. Kia kaha!

bit.ly/2XQM1ke
  • UsagiUsagi Nah Registered User regular
    That is so cool

• KadithKadith Registered User regular
    What the fuck Tef, leave some thoughtfulness and sincerity for the rest of the class.

Jeeze.
    really amazing gift for someone very deserving!

zkHcp.jpg
  • #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    I am like

overwhelmed by the beauty of that piece. I am not a jewelry dude, but that piece speaks to me pretty deeply. The stunningly intricate, detailed knot work that went into the setting is a counterpoint to letting the actual stone just be what it is.

The stone is so simple but the setting is so intricate, I love it so much.

• lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    I actually just welled up with tears.

What an amazing taonga, treasure, for an amazing wahine, woman.

How so very gorgeous.

Yeah that is absolutely stunning. Wow, Tef.

RUVCwyu.jpg
  • CelloCello Registered User regular
    edited April 2021
    I actually just welled up with tears.

What an amazing taonga, treasure, for an amazing wahine, woman.

How so very gorgeous.

I uh, also keep tearing up at the very sweet note that Tef included that described the process etc in a little more detail, so you're not alone on that one

And thank you for all the sweet comments, folks <3

I wore the pendant all night and did a bunch of research on the history and meaning of the pounamu and the various shapes etc., and it's really fascinating! It seems to have special meaning as well as a gift to hand down through generations (through the accumulation of mana/prestige), so it is very cool to have my first sort of heirloom in this way, as well, that I can pass forward someday

Cello on
    Steam
    3DS Friend Code: 0216-0898-6512
    Switch Friend Code: SW-7437-1538-7786
  • PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    The only downside is that if you draw Tef next Christmas, you have to send him a washing machine.

• MechMantisMechMantis Registered User regular
    Only if Blake draws him.

Tef has been betrothed to that washing machine.

• IcemopperIcemopper Registered User regular
    That is gorgeous, both the story and the necklace.

• Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    MechMantis wrote: »
    Only if Blake draws him.

Tef has been betrothed to that washing machine.

He doesn’t deserve my washing machine.

• MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    OK, what's the lore behind this washing machine?

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    it was 12 years ago ....