As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

G&T Secret Santa 2020! The elf is now off the shelf...

14567810»

• Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    Last word from my Santa was that things would take a little longer than expected.

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    AntoshkaAntoshka Miauen Oil Change LazarusRegistered User regular
    edited January 2021
    Cross-posting this, as a very cute and fuzzy item has made it's way across several ponds, and has arrived in the land of the fuzzy birds with technically short beaks

ovr1hlkzij2i.gif

The box, as it arrived, with cat for scale.
    NKTBhhi.png

There is a card!
    rURBefX.png

The contents of the card - apparently, they have small wings. And they've definitely come a long way
    0IObLj0.png

ifykYt5.png
    This is the cutest little dragon that has ever existed. Holy shit, this is rad. I don't think this photo quite gets across the little flying motion I'm making here, instead rendering it as blurriness (or, I'm just bad at photos), but this is amazing.

3NTPSNN.png
    Here he is chilling with Santa dragon, but this demands a better placement than the door plinth. I'm going to have to set him up somewhere better.

Holy shit @Brovid Hasselsmof I love it so much. You can be sure that this little dragon is going to be doing a tour of these here islands in the near future. Thank you so much, and a Merry belated Christmas!

Because I'm an unobservant person, I missed something else in the box, hidden amongst the paddings, and, well... the box:
    4RTZZeO.png

For those of you who don't know the reference here, I will simply suggest that you read Gideon the 9th.
    If you have, or do, you will then realize that this is a most excellent gift. If you haven't, you really should.

Antoshka on
    n57PM0C.jpg
  • Options
    KadithKadith Registered User regular
    Cross post

What should arrive today but a mysterious package from the state of Flo-rida
    eTvPIZrl.jpeg
    Some delicious Korean(?) Candies and a fun looking boardgame that we can't wait to play

Thanks @Dyvion !

zkHcp.jpg
  • Options
    DyvionDyvion Back in Sunny Florida!!Registered User regular
    Kadith wrote: »
    Cross post

What should arrive today but a mysterious package from the state of Flo-rida
    eTvPIZrl.jpeg
    Some delicious Korean(?) Candies and a fun looking boardgame that we can't wait to play

Thanks @Dyvion !

I'm glad it got there safe! My family adores Dixit. It's probably our favorite board game all 6 of us can agree on. It's best played with people with imagination and creativity. The candies are some of my favorite treats from my time in Korea. I'm partial to caramels and they had all kinds of fun flavors of them.
    Sorry it was so late everyone! Last year sucked and this year hasn't shown any signs of improvement. I'm better off than most, and I'm grateful for that, but things are still rough. Here's to a better 2021!!

Steam: No Safety In Life
    PSN: Dyvion -- Eternal: Dyvion+9393 -- Genshin Impact: Dyvion
  • Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    I believe... with this last post... that we have once again achieved
    f7bpvmfmltt6.png
    ukzgpfcrh84l.png
    qcxxpxh2ckqm.gif

congrats everybody! happy holidays all around!

special thanks to Radiation and Lonelyahava! Y'all rocked it this season!

• Options
    Proxy the ElfProxy the Elf Registered User regular
    Gifting cycle complete. Releasing final transmission:

"Thank you [forum.name] for participating in the G&T Secret Santa [year]! We look forward to seeing you next year. Stay safe!"

Entering standby mode. Updating meatbagDeletionDate = newEra--
    End of line

HAPPY CHRISTMAS!!
    Spreading Christmas cheer across the forums since 2009!
  • Options
    MadpoetMadpoet Registered User regular
    Last word from my Santa was that things would take a little longer than expected.
    My apologies to Santa and Santee - I got word I was about to lose my job at the beginning of the month and have been wallowing. I will get a Gift Get up tonight, and should be able to put the second half off to @cooljammer00 this weekend.

• Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    Life gets in the way sometimes. Take your time. I just appreciate the update since I hadn't heard anything in a while.

The crate company I bought a snack box from charged me for another month without asking, so my Santee got another box of snacks. I'm more than happy to give more snacks as a gift, but it was the principle of the matter!

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    MadpoetMadpoet Registered User regular
    ovr1hlkzij2i.gif
    Many years ago, in the middle of December 2020, a package arrived.
    7a39a5kpbilk.jpg
    It, on its own, was a sufficient prize for young Mochi.
    096l1c05ob0a.jpg
    Yet, tucked away inside lay a bevy of treats from a land far beyond!
    panbp6j4owt8.jpg
    They were swiftly devoured, and an impish note indicated that more may be arriving.
    And it did. Sadly, unlabelled, so its significance was not immediately apparent. (I mistook it for something I kickstarted)
    zzwescaewq5b.jpg
    Thank you, santa! We are so close to this seclusion being over and being able to get the gang together again, we will definitely be breaking this out soon!

• Options
    initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    cross posting a second salvo from satan over in SE...

sorry took me a minute because my phone takes pictures larger than the forum limits.

so the reason satan wanted my phone number was to frighten me and then stop my heart (and it was a requirement for adding my address on this order)
    k6hjw7hrci0p.jpg
    07slgdqiafa3.jpg

before i show you the gifts, these are the 3 best Things I know of.

1:
    2:
    https://www.boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/226634/thing-infection-outpost-31
    (fun fact this thing no longer exists because the people who made it did so without any licensing rights and didn't get caught for several years of selling the game. It's my favorite social deduction game period and I'm upset i missed my window to get a copy for normal prices)

3:
    slqpd04hjn1m.jpg

I love this god damn movie. Also my partner hates horror films so yes we will be watching this. And I have been wanting to try this coffee for years since I heard about it back in college.

Thank you again @Lasbrook these will be greatly appreciated by me and will terrify my partner appropriately

• Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited January 2021
    And with that, Secret Santa 2020 is complete!

Thanks again to Radiation for the hard work, and to our sister thread in SE++ for making this first crossover Secret Santa a real success!

Merry Christmas, Happy New Year, and we’ll see you all next fall!

Sterica on
    YL9WnCY.png
This discussion has been closed.