As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

WOOF WOOF: It's a Dog Thread

• jkylefultonjkylefulton Squid...or Kid? NNID - majpellRegistered User regular
    8xpytrhq3k7l.jpeg

Russell turned seven months old last week, he's doing great!

tOkYVT2.jpg
  • jkylefultonjkylefulton Squid...or Kid? NNID - majpellRegistered User regular
    v4m135izxkfu.jpg

Haven't posted a Russell picture in a few months, here he is at doggy daycare.

tOkYVT2.jpg
  • Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    i know i commented on his muppet-ness before but goddamn

that dog can definitely talk

• UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    so I got divorcified over the summer, and one question that was thankfully settled amicably was what to do with the dogs. Two of them absolutely adore my ex and I wouldn't dream of separating them from her as they'd be devastated, but the third was totally my girl and I definitely wanted her with me if I could. We both had some concerns though, would she be happy as the only dog, and would she adjust to living in an apartment? We decided to give it a try, on the agreement that if she was unhappy, or barked a lot and caused neighbours to complain, she'd go live with my ex.

and folks... she's been absolutely perfect. I guess having the human all to herself makes up for not having the other dogs around? Also we live a 10 minute walk away from a massive dog-friendly park which rules so hard oh my god I can't wait for spring.

this is Scandal!
    03JGB8sh.png
    WLkku1lh.png

That said, my parents gave her a bit of deer antler for Christmas and she's taken to holding it in a very threatening manner when she wants my attention:
    YwMlh70h.png

• MichaelLCMichaelLC In what furnace was thy brain? ChicagoRegistered User regular
    edited January 2021
    Fearghaill wrote: »
    so I got divorcified over the summer, and one question that was thankfully settled amicably was what to do with the dogs. Two of them absolutely adore my ex and I wouldn't dream of separating them from her as they'd be devastated, but the third was totally my girl and I definitely wanted her with me if I could. We both had some concerns though, would she be happy as the only dog, and would she adjust to living in an apartment? We decided to give it a try, on the agreement that if she was unhappy, or barked a lot and caused neighbours to complain, she'd go live with my ex.

and folks... she's been absolutely perfect. I guess having the human all to herself makes up for not having the other dogs around? Also we live a 10 minute walk away from a massive dog-friendly park which rules so hard oh my god I can't wait for spring.

this is Scandal!

That said, my parents gave her a bit of deer antler for Christmas and she's taken to holding it in a very threatening manner when she wants my attention:
    YwMlh70h.png

No, I said fetch intel! Not a femur.

MichaelLC on
  • TefTef Registered User regular
    Oh, Scandal :heartbeat:

help a fellow forumer meet their mental health care needs because USA healthcare sucks!

Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better

bit.ly/2XQM1ke
  • MichaelLCMichaelLC In what furnace was thy brain? ChicagoRegistered User regular
    I wish I could get him to sit still, but Coby is loving the snow we got today.

Just hopping around and running through the yard. Getting his little beard all covered in frost.

• tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited January 2021
    My american friend is getting a Rhodesian Ridgeback (for the record simply lovely dogs, A+ all round) but I made some comment, and long story short, apparently the history of Rhodesia isn't common knowledge over here and she's very upset.

Am thinking we really should change the doggo name on that one. (The Rhodes Scholarship can stay; in my experience it usefully signifies that the recipient is a massive prick).

edit: Zimbabwean Knurlpooch? Could that be a thing?

tynic on
  • TefTef Registered User regular
    tynic wrote: »
    My american friend is getting a Rhodesian Ridgeback (for the record simply lovely dogs, A+ all round) but I made some comment, and long story short, apparently the history of Rhodesia isn't common knowledge over here and she's very upset.

Am thinking we really should change the doggo name on that one. (The Rhodes Scholarship can stay; in my experience it usefully signifies that the recipient is a massive prick).

edit: Zimbabwean Knurlpooch? Could that be a thing?

a Shona spiky back?

help a fellow forumer meet their mental health care needs because USA healthcare sucks!

Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better

bit.ly/2XQM1ke
    edited January 2021
    The 'Get F*ucked, Lion' Dog.

MichaelLC on
  • see317see317 Registered User regular
    v4m135izxkfu.jpg

Haven't posted a Russell picture in a few months, here he is at doggy daycare.

If someone told me this was Sprocket from a new Fraggle Rock relaunch, I would not be able to doubt them.

I just walked past a very well-groomed, confident, fast moving doggo on the footpath. I was looking at my phone so at first I was just "oh, nice doggo" and then looked up and around for his owner who surely must be close by
    but there wasn't anyone around
    and I waited a moment or two but nobody turned the corner, and dog was marching determinedly down the footpath and then I'm like 'shit maybe he got out from somewhere' so I started to follow him, but he was moving at quite a clip
    I do live in an area with a lot of homeless people living out of tents and vans and such so my next thought was "he probably belongs to one of them, maybe this guy wandering around on the next block, I'll wait and see if they greet each other" but no he marched right past everyone on the street and kept going
    so I ran after him but by this time I'd lost too much ground and had no hope of catching up. Last seen heading south towards Oakland on the backstreets.

Now I'm going to be worrying about him all day, especially since he's a black dog and people around here often do not drive carefully.
    If I ever see him again I'll try to at least get close enough to see if he has a collar, etc.

• CelloCello Registered User regular
    edited January 2021
    Does your area have a Lost Pets FB group? Usually they're the best place to leave a note about dogs like that, dog people are pretty keen on helping out with potentially lost pet sightings (and if it's a known unhoused person's pet usually someone knows that, too)

Cello on
    Steam
    3DS Friend Code: 0216-0898-6512
    Switch Friend Code: SW-7437-1538-7786
    edited January 2021
    Cello wrote: »
    Does your area have a Lost Pets FB group? Usually they're the best place to leave a note about dogs like that, dog people are pretty keen on helping out with potentially lost pet sightings (and if it's a known unhoused person's pet usually someone knows that, too)

ehhh I'll look into it
    Like I said it's a pretty uh, socially liminal location so a lot of time wandering dogs are actually partnered up with some of the more transient population. But I'll see if I can find an FB group or something.

edit: looks like no, we're insufficiently bougie :(

tynic on
    More snow means more jump!
    5ok8x217b3cz.png

• UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    We had a collie party at a park yesterday!
    ctfQlGf.png
    QEcYRTs.png
    j6bx5eR.png

• TubeTube Registered User admin
    Might be getting a new puppy this weekend

• jayneivanajayneivana Registered User, Disagreeable new member
    This is Tommy the corgi. Almost 1 year old now. Still haven’t found the right food for him or something as I have to hover around his food bowl for an hour while he slowly nibbles away. Not food motivated in general so still trying to thicken the boi up. He sure loves toy food though.. 8kr8zee8u5tv.jpeg

• PirateQueenPirateQueen Registered User regular
    jayneivana wrote: »
    This is Tommy the corgi. Almost 1 year old now. Still haven’t found the right food for him or something as I have to hover around his food bowl for an hour while he slowly nibbles away. Not food motivated in general so still trying to thicken the boi up. He sure loves toy food though..
    Same with us and our picky eater puppy! IDK if there's a solution to this or if we're doomed to run after him with food bowls and beg him to eat from now on X )
    wcnuj37l4cj2.jpg

• see317see317 Registered User regular
    Tube wrote: »
    Might be getting a new puppy this weekend

Poor Tube, so heartbroken by his eminent departure from the role of Admin of the Forums, he may have to get a new puppy to Admin over, even before he leaves us.
    Take joy though Tube, unlike the forum, the puppy might eventually stop pooping on the floor.

x7zktji97epm.jpeg

Thinking about Binky as a name

• King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    This is Tommy the corgi. Almost 1 year old now. Still haven’t found the right food for him or something as I have to hover around his food bowl for an hour while he slowly nibbles away. Not food motivated in general so still trying to thicken the boi up. He sure loves toy food though.. 8kr8zee8u5tv.jpeg
    Lola does this too. Not for lack of appetite but its very annoying to have to watch her eat. Ive tried everything and she will not eat unless I do a whole thing. Hope you have better luck with your pup

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    Binky is a VERY good name

RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
  • 3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    x7zktji97epm.jpeg

Berner Part 2: Two Heads Aren't Better Than One?

oh lord I want to give that forehead little scritches so much

3clips3 wrote: »
    x7zktji97epm.jpeg

Berner Part 2: Two Heads Aren't Better Than One?

This is actually a St. Bernard, but the two are confused all the time. Another chungus, for sure. They normally get even bigger than berners.

Make sure you have some towels around for the sheer quantity of drool

A respectable looking puppy right there

Steam
  • jayneivanajayneivana Registered User, Disagreeable new member
    Same with us and our picky eater puppy! IDK if there's a solution to this or if we're doomed to run after him with food bowls and beg him to eat from now on X )
    wcnuj37l4cj2.jpg

The future is finally clear! Best of luck with your pup, I hope they realize we are literally just trying to keep them alive. :P
    Lola does this too. Not for lack of appetite but its very annoying to have to watch her eat. Ive tried everything and she will not eat unless I do a whole thing. Hope you have better luck with your pup

Maybe we should make a scarecrow with our faces on it and sit it next to the bowl. Maybe that will work 8-)

• 3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular

Honestly, if Tube needs a hobby, uses for copious dog drool is probably an underexplored field.

edited February 2021
    3clips3 wrote: »

Honestly, if Tube needs a hobby, uses for copious dog drool is probably an underexplored field.

We did a one on one session a year or so back for a lady who adopted a massive mix of a St. Bernard and something else (they aren't sure what the second half was, he was a stray in India)

Baloo's drool was unfathomable, he was like a roving, hulking water cooler that could not be held back from eating garbage

Cello on
    Steam
  • King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    wcnuj37l4cj2.jpg

The future is finally clear! Best of luck with your pup, I hope they realize we are literally just trying to keep them alive. :P

Maybe we should make a scarecrow with our faces on it and sit it next to the bowl. Maybe that will work 8-)

She wants me to hand feed her and I will not cave

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    edited February 2021
    be sure to get your st. bernard a little barrel to carry around for when you are dehydrated and lost in the mountains

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
    Binky is a bad name probably according to my surveys

Maybe Basil

• ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    Basil "Binks" St. Bernard

uyvfOQy.png
    Basil is a good name for a huge idiot dog. Or Bailey.

• DrCongoDrCongo Registered User, ClubPA regular
    We have an Australian Labradoodle, his name is Cosmo and he is the best boy. But sometimes he gets up to stuff. A few mornings ago I left home for some errands, whereas the evening before my wife had bought some yarn for knitting. So... yeah.

https://youtu.be/zFgqeeTWJu4

(let me know if videos are frowned upon, I'll remove it)

• Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    That’s a cute puppy.

• Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    edited February 2021
    DrCongo wrote: »
    We have an Australian Labradoodle, his name is Cosmo and he is the best boy. But sometimes he gets up to stuff. A few mornings ago I left home for some errands, whereas the evening before my wife had bought some yarn for knitting. So... yeah.

https://youtu.be/zFgqeeTWJu4

(let me know if videos are frowned upon, I'll remove it)

videos are the opposite of frowned upon!

the mood I get here is a kid that doesn't want to tell their dad what they did, but they know they're gonna get caught and it's better for them if they come clean now

Houk the Namebringer on
  • Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    Binky is a bad name probably according to my surveys

Maybe Basil

does it matter what other people think of dogname? binky is an adorable name