As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Final Fantasy 14! Shadowbringers! The best expansion to an MMO ever!

• Options
    ph blakeph blake Registered User regular
    If you whisper the PF leader they might be cool with bringing a level 70 or two along, just cause the fights are so outscaled at this point.

7h8wnycre6vs.png
  • Options
    The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    edited February 2021
    I'm sure most of ya'll have gotten the email if you didn't already have it in your calendars, but the virtual fanfest where it is presumed (but also, totally for sure) that the next expansion is announced, is going to be streamed this Friday, 5:30PST

The thing I read before said that just the announcement portion would be translated live, and the rest would not be; but the email just says live interpretation would be provided for the broadcast, so I dunno!

Of course it's scheduled smack during my families normal weekly movie night. :rotate: I guess I don't have to watch it live, but I was hoping to! I wonder if the stream will be easy to find after, does SE usually put these up and/or just leave the live stream there on youtube?

The Dude With Herpes on
    Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• Options
    reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular
    edited February 2021
    Yoshi-P told us to have our expectations high, so here's where mine are at:

Not only do they announce 6.0, they also announce 14-2.

reVerse on
  • Options
    reVerse wrote: »
    Yoshi-P told us to have our expectations high, so here's where mine are at:

Well, in that case, I'm going to go with 6.0 incorporates FFXI into FFXIV! :D

• Options
    admanbadmanb unionize your workplace Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Yoshi-P told us to have our expectations high, so here's mine:

I don't think that's a crazy guess.

• Options
    NightslyrNightslyr Registered User regular
    I could see a WoW Cataclysm style rebuild of the ARR zones so they're bigger and better, with swimming, more of a cohesive open world feeling (flying in cities? Or, at the very least, a single zone), and other goodies.

• Options
    ZythonZython Registered User regular
    admanb wrote: »
    Yoshi-P told us to have our expectations high, so here's mine:

I don't think that's a crazy guess.

The problem is they're currently limited by the PS4. I can see them dropping support for it, but not until 7.0 at the earliest.

Switch: SW-3245-5421-8042 | 3DS Friend Code: 4854-6465-0299 | PSN: Zaithon
    Steam: pazython
  • Options
    Dr. ChaosDr. Chaos Post nuclear nuisance Registered User regular
    edited February 2021
    edit: NVM, forgot I was hopping around for trains. doh

Dr. Chaos on
    Pokemon GO: 7113 6338 6875/ FF14: Buckle Landrunner /Steam Profile
  • Options
    Man in the MistsMan in the Mists Registered User regular
    Here's my wild guess: They announce the 24-man raid that will be part of 6.X, and it'll be based off of Secret of Mana.

• Options
    Just_Bri_ThanksJust_Bri_Thanks Seething with rage from a handbasket.Registered User, ClubPA regular
    I want belts separated from body armor again. I am resigned to the fact that my butt is going to forever remain flat.

...and when you are done with that; take a folding
    chair to Creation and then suplex the Void.
  • Options
    DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    Here's my wild guess: They announce the 24-man raid that will be part of 6.X, and it'll be based off of Secret of Mana.

If it doesn't have the most gorgeous scenery in the game I will be sorely disappointed. Even the shit Mana games have great art.

• Options
    Man in the MistsMan in the Mists Registered User regular
    Donnicton wrote: »

If it doesn't have the most gorgeous scenery in the game I will be sorely disappointed. Even the shit Mana games have great art.

I remember when I got SoM for the virtual console and started it up. I remember thinking that the graphics still held up pretty well after all these years.

• Options
    NightslyrNightslyr Registered User regular
    Patch notes are up: https://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/topics/detail/a65cab900e97855414cd1acab0a2070ed1b8e41b

Looks like they learned their lesson re: Bozja. The final step in the relic weapon requires 78,000 mettle, completion of Castrum, and I believe completion of the new raid. Access to savage mode requires accumulating a total of 700,000(!) mettle. Here's hoping Bozja isn't dead within a week like before.

• Options
    78k mettle per relic, or you just have to be that high to start it? If 700k is the requirement for savage, stuff must award a ton more than the stuff that was already there.

Anyway, here's yoship and soken being a hype train.

And a SoM 24m would be amazing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y20pc_0zFgg

I'd also be happy with just a mana series of 24m raids for the whole thing. Or maybe I just want Legend of Mana to get more love because it's severely underrated. I wish they'd redo that one, not in 3D or anything like SD3, just the same game in HD. Maybe tighten up combat a smidge.

• Options
    FrozenzenFrozenzen Registered User regular
    At rank 15 you get 6k mettle per fate and even more for bossfights. 70k doesn't sound that bad.

• Options
    NEO|PhyteNEO|Phyte They follow the stars, bound together. Strands in a braid till the end.Registered User regular
    Lordy is Delubrum Reginae some proverbial shit.

It was that somehow, from within the derelict-horror, they had learned a way to see inside an ugly, broken thing... And take away its pain.
    Warframe/Steam: NFyt
  • Options
    Personally I like it, but it should be just a regular alliance raid without any of the bullshit Bozja stuff. Same for Lactose Licorice.

• Options
    TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    edited February 2021
    The entire Bozja storyline is so lame I can't bring myself to care about it. It's the only part of the game where I just skip everything.
    I hope every character involved in it dies and I never have to see them again
    edit: the newest story bits were'nt the worst thing ever. but they still havent won me over

TTODewback on
    Bless your heart.
  • Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    I'd like the new bozja dungeon's fights a lot if they were in the context of a regular alliance raid and not with all the dumb ff11 throwback shit tacked on like losing experience every death and no alliance party UI.

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    MugsleyMugsley DelawareRegistered User regular
    Nice (not me)
    eb9l9u09bfq1.jpg

• Options
    NEO|PhyteNEO|Phyte They follow the stars, bound together. Strands in a braid till the end.Registered User regular
    Did my second run of the thing for the weekly, boy do you die a lot less often when you've seen the mechanics of the fight.

It was that somehow, from within the derelict-horror, they had learned a way to see inside an ugly, broken thing... And take away its pain.
  • Options
    McMoogleMcMoogle Registered User regular
    Nice

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    dporowskidporowski Registered User regular
    Hey, anyone playing this on a Mac with Big Sur? It's the only thing holding me off updating, and if it seems to work fine even though they said "please don't upgrade"...

• Options
    EncEnc A Fool with Compassion Pronouns: He, Him, HisRegistered User regular
    edited February 2021
    Ok, so getting back into this game after a bit over a year, is there still a guild for PA folks? Is it still on Goblin?

Edit: I see Sargantas is the place to be now, huh? Neat.

Enc on
  • Options
    qswV5JU.png

The new BLU outfit is dyeable.

• Options
    AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular
    NEO|Phyte wrote: »
    qswV5JU.png

Very kweh, much wark.

XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum / Steam: noxaeternum
  • Options
    qswV5JU.png

Very kweh, much wark.

They're all like this. It's gonna be fun times if we ever get dyeable chocomask so I can do something other than yellow.

• Options
    qswV5JU.png

Very kweh, much wark.

They're all like this. It's gonna be fun times if we ever get dyeable chocomask so I can do something other than yellow.

The last one in that gallery had me going "macho, macho kweh..."

• Options
    Mrs. Enc and I have joined the realm, characters:
    • Gardenstern Lake
    • Azmaranthe Lake

We're mostly playing together when our schedules allow, but hopefully we can join up with GHOST and eventually join yall in endgame. :)

• Options
    These farmers in Limsa Lomensa... man one likes sheep waay too much. And he has his true love who he describes, and I quote, "the thing he loves most on two legs." Which has some profound and disturbing implications.

We quickly left the Grey Fleet for greener pastures.

• Options
    Just_Bri_ThanksJust_Bri_Thanks Seething with rage from a handbasket.Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Right click on any GHOST you see to put an application in, and we will press butan on you as soon as we can.

...and when you are done with that; take a folding
    chair to Creation and then suplex the Void.
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    Stream is up, about 5 minutes until things actually start.

:edit: fair bet there's gonna be 5.x spoilers so probably watch out if you aren't there yet.

NEO|Phyte on
  • Options
    We're getting mooned.

• Options
    What the fuck was that alphanaud did?

• Options
    Looks like PLD is the expac signature job. And Alphy is going to be the new (Nu?) healer.

• Options
    ZythonZython Registered User regular
    Endwalker! Oooohhhh!

Switch: SW-3245-5421-8042 | 3DS Friend Code: 4854-6465-0299 | PSN: Zaithon
    Steam: pazython
  • Options
    Well holy shit is that logo ominous as hell!

• Options
    Wasn't either one of the leaked names.

Endwalker.

• Options
    What the fuck was that alphanaud did?

New healer job!

• Options
    What does his shirt mean? It always means something!

This discussion has been closed.