As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

HITMAN 2 is probably still the best hitman but HITMAN Ill has some cool things going on

• PhillisherePhillishere Registered User regular
    edited February 2021
    Prohass wrote: »
    I couldn’t get it to work until it glitched and was showing the bullet travelling but nothing happening, so I manually shot the target myself with my silenced pistol and it registered. So it’s definitely broken. In order to get mastery on Mendoza I had to do some of the classic challenges as the collect wines and pacify someone with grapes challenges aren’t working for me

The entire level seems a bit glitchy. I'm having a lot of problems where I try to interact with one object, get the prompt lined up and hold the button, and 47 will walk over and do something else when it completes.

Sometimes, it is frustrating but no big deal. Sometimes, it is the fire alarm.

Phillishere on
  • Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    My favourite thing is doing Sniper Assassin by knocking a target out, shooting them with the rifle point blank and then carefully packing things away, it's brilliantly dumb. That said, a sniper rifle is probably the easiest way to get SO/SA in Chongqing and Dartmoor so it's not all bad.

i'm only just starting to dip my toe into doing those types of runs

there's a few maps i can think of where i'm not really sure how you'd do a sniper assassination other than what you're talking about

• SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular
    My favourite thing is doing Sniper Assassin by knocking a target out, shooting them with the rifle point blank and then carefully packing things away, it's brilliantly dumb. That said, a sniper rifle is probably the easiest way to get SO/SA in Chongqing and Dartmoor so it's not all bad.

there's a few maps i can think of where i'm not really sure how you'd do a sniper assassination other than what you're talking about

It's that "no bodies found" bit that's the sticker, yeah.

7qmGNt5.png
    D3 Steam #TeamTangent STO
  • Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular

You can leave bodies found when snipin', the only place I've done it so far was sapienza and I killed both targets in broad daylight

But yeah if you're trying to double dip with SA then that's trickier

• SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular

You can leave bodies found when snipin', the only place I've done it so far was sapienza and I killed both targets in broad daylight

But yeah if you're trying to double dip with SA then that's trickier

Oh yeah right it's spotted for Sniper isn't it?

7qmGNt5.png
  • Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    edited February 2021
    So Suit Only Sniper Assassin on Berlin,
    Get the main ICA guy's bodyguard knocked out, then go into the club manager's office, knock out the manager, then call the main ICA guy on the intercom. He and four other ICA target all come down into the room and you can just fucking John Wick them point blank with a sniper rifle one after the other since they come in with time in between. Just make sure the doors close after they enter in case they get a shot off so the people outside don't hear anything and only knock out main dude and finish his unconscious body last, then just walk out of there. If you kill a target then them seeing a body of another target doesn't count.

Librarian's ghost on
    (Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• klemmingklemming Registered User regular
    Yeah, Sniper Assassin doesn't care if they're in the middle of a crowd, so long as no-one knows it was you.
    It doesn't count the proxy sniper in Mendoza as a sniper kill though, which is a shame. I ended up repeating the mission story and just pulling the trigger myself at the end of it.

I also got the challenge to pop on a second try. Some research (google, first result, continue) said it was a problem with saving between scanning your target and calling in the shot.

That wraps up my run of the Classics on all the levels, except the bonus missions.

Nobody remembers the singer. The song remains.
    I've been a little down on the hitman 3 maps so far but chongqing makes a REAL GOOD first impression

• Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    edited February 2021
    Yeah, it's a cool one. My first run through Chongqing had a fun moment.
    I brought a sniper with me, since I figured I'd mix things up and try to get a sniper kill for once since I always do stealthy poison stuff. I took like 20 or 30 minutes to find Hush, had to abandon my briefcase and just carry my rifle at one point.
    I finally got up to his lab, climbed up a ledge to look for him...then he looks right out the window and spots me. So I pull out the rifle, and snipe him dead through the forehead from like 6 feet away, drop the rifle and fucking RUN

Oh also, I finally found one of the "hidden" mission stories, on Mendoza. There's the mission stories they tell you about, and there's some that only show up in the menu when you finally trigger the start of one.
    If you finish the wine tour as Corvo Black, when Diana meets with Yates he invites her to a meeting,
    and wants one of his sommeliers to get him his secret 1945 reserve. The story has you become the sommelier, take the wine, and go to a secret meeting he has in his basement wine cellar/dungeon, with all the Providence heralds, it's cool. If you don't kill Yates immediately, the meeting progresses, Diana gets captured and then you have a 10 minute timer to kill Yates and infiltrate Yates' bedroom to rescue Diana..

Crippl3 on
  • PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    Mendoza RE: Crippl3's post
    The 10 minute timer is to reach Diana, if you do while leaving the target alive
    you prepare an ambush and Diana stabs him (47 finishes the job).
    Not saying you did it wrong, just that there's a bit more if you had a save and were curious.

But yeah, that was a great reveal, I wasn't expecting to be lead into the next target and being in the belly of the beast was tense.

• Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    Did you do it all in the tux though

did you go full Bond on that motherfucker

wY6K6Jb.gif
    The only SO I've ever done was Paris, where I got SASO. I may have done SO on some elusive target or other but that doesn't count.

• PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular

Mendoza
    For the purposes of that mission story you have to dress as a guard as you're hiding in plain sight.

Mendoza
    For the purposes of that mission story you have to dress as a guard as you're hiding in plain sight.

However
    Once you do kill him, Diana tells you to put on something more appropriate and meet her on the dance floor. In the room is a suit that is 47's classic black jacket, red tie and gloves, so pop that on, sneak back out to the party past all the guards and tango your way off the map like a stone cold cool guy

7qmGNt5.png
  • ProhassProhass Registered User regular

Mendoza

However
    Once you do kill him, Diana tells you to put on something more appropriate and meet her on the dance floor. In the room is a suit that is 47's classic black jacket, red tie and gloves, so pop that on, sneak back out to the party past all the guards and tango your way off the map like a stone cold cool guy

Yeah I did all this the first play through just by stumbling into it so it was all very cinematic and awesome

First roadmap is up:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qBsigFPMwsw
    EtYulxYWgAEjfnn.jpg
    • Gauchito Antiquity is the Mendoza deluxe escalation, and is all about emetic poison
    • Proloff Parable is the Carpathian Mountains deluxe escalation, and is about timed sniper and melee kills
    • First Elusive Target is a repeat from Hitman 2, which is a combo of 2 Elusives from Hitman 1 at the same time
    • Featured contracts: MinnMax pack is in Dubai and features banana shenanigans, the Kinda Funny pack is Dartmoor and is all about "mayhem"
    • Baskerville Barney is a Dartmoor escalation, all about killing the Carlile family in accidents
    • Sinbad Stringent is interesting, it's an escalation on Dubai and it's all about hitting the box targets with throwing knives like in one of the mission stories except they've been added all over the map

• KandenKanden Registered User regular
    Barf grenade, barf grenade, barf grenade

• Albino BunnyAlbino Bunny Jackie Registered User regular
    God I hope whenever Hitman 3 is finally 'done' they just unlock all the Elusives to go hog wild on.

Just a god awful system.

• Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    The Baskerville Barney is live now. I need to find an accident for the newspaper reading dude. The chandelier isn't quite close enough.

Also I've now finished all challenges for the Hitman 3 levels except for the older escalations, and getting the three wine bottles on Mendoza, which is completely bugged for me. All Silent Assassin Suit Only and Sniper Assassinations done.

Next I'll probably work through some of the Hitman 1 and 2 escalations for those unlocks.

If anyone is having trouble getting the pacify someone with the grapes, if they slip on them like a banana it will trigger.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular
    I have Hitman 1 and by that I of course mean the first of this reboot series. I also have not played past the tutorial mission but I don't remember why but I got busy.

Is it worth playing or should I skip it? Is the second worth going through or do I just jump up to this third installment?

PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • KandenKanden Registered User regular
    edited February 2021
    It's worth playing through, if you wanna dive in deep though, all 3 games are playable in Hitman 3, they've added updates throughout the different games, like tall grass to hide in, slippery surfaces you can trick npcs into walking through to knock them out, stuff like that. If you can swing it it's absolutely worth playing through it all in 3, but that can be a pretty steep asking price. Owning 1 and 2 gets you the maps in 3, or you can just buy them from 3 itself.

Kanden on
  • Albino BunnyAlbino Bunny Jackie Registered User regular
    The correct way to play is Hitman 3 plus the previous 2 brought in.

But presuming you don't wanna go that hard because fuck it's expensive you should just do hitman 1 and play through it all to see if you dig it.

• ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular
    So like I said I have Hitman 1. If I buy Hitman 3 I get to play the levels from 1 in 3 on an updated engine? Is that how it works?

PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Butters wrote: »
    So like I said I have Hitman 1. If I buy Hitman 3 I get to play the levels from 1 in 3 on an updated engine? Is that how it works?

PC or Console?

IIRC, they were never able to work out exactly how to get you that content for free on PC if you already owned it elsewhere, so they gave it away if you bought Hitman 3 within the first ten days after release. So I think you might have to pay up way too much for that content on EGS now.

Console, yes it works just how it should.

Finally got my Hitman 1 stuff in 3, turns out I had an entirely unrelated issue with my Microsoft account, can't wait to finally do the Patient Zero missions.

• JoolanderJoolander Registered User regular
    Can you get previously purchased Hitman 2 maps to show up in 3 yet, or are we still waiting on that?

Joolander wrote: »
    Can you get previously purchased Hitman 2 maps to show up in 3 yet, or are we still waiting on that?

console yes
    pc no

• MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    PC is sounds like that is not going to happen unless you spend money

Unfortunately, the sale that allowed you to do so for "only" $20 has ended

IO said it would take a couple weeks for it to get all sorted out, I don't think waiting more is a bad idea.

edited February 2021
    Oh at this point I would not recommend spending a hundred fucking dollars on being able to play Hitman 2 stuff in Hitman 3

So by all means, yeah wait a bit longer

And if that doesn't pan out, wait for a sale

Maddoc on
  • gtrmpgtrmp Registered User regular
    Crippl3 wrote: »
    First roadmap is up:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qBsigFPMwsw
    EtYulxYWgAEjfnn.jpg
    • Gauchito Antiquity is the Mendoza deluxe escalation, and is all about emetic poison
    • Proloff Parable is the Carpathian Mountains deluxe escalation, and is about timed sniper and melee kills
    • First Elusive Target is a repeat from Hitman 2, which is a combo of 2 Elusives from Hitman 1 at the same time
    • Featured contracts: MinnMax pack is in Dubai and features banana shenanigans, the Kinda Funny pack is Dartmoor and is all about "mayhem"
    • Baskerville Barney is a Dartmoor escalation, all about killing the Carlile family in accidents
    • Sinbad Stringent is interesting, it's an escalation on Dubai and it's all about hitting the box targets with throwing knives like in one of the mission stories except they've been added all over the map

Very ballsy of IOI to remind anyone of the existence of those fucking psychic snow ninjas

Man I am not big brain enough for this new Dartmoor escalation.
    Stage 2 is (spoilers I guess if you're trying to be blind)
    kill 5 Carlisle children with accidents, suit only
    and I have NO fucking idea how to do that, I could barely finish stage one lol

https://www.hitmanforum.com/t/hitman-3-known-issues/2965
    Whilst we’ve been busy launching HITMAN 3, we’ve also been working on the promised solution for allowing PC players to import locations that they already own into HITMAN 3 on Epic. We’ve got that solution worked out and it’s currently being tested and verified from all angles to make it as robust as possible. In terms of timing, it’s definitely a case of sooner rather than later. Even with the longest estimates we’ve looked at, the solution will be fully rolled out before the end of February. We’ll keep you updated with the next steps.

noice

7qmGNt5.png
    Man I am not big brain enough for this new Dartmoor escalation.
    Stage 2 is (spoilers I guess if you're trying to be blind)
    kill 5 Carlisle children with accidents, suit only
    and I have NO fucking idea how to do that, I could barely finish stage one lol

So it is dooable doing nothing but,
    Shooting chandelier chains. There is a pattern you can run to get them all and it is pretty tight, which is pretty crazy when you get to the last level which is doing it all again but you only have 60 seconds between kills or you fail.

I still ended up buying the Hitman 2 Deluxe pack on EGS while it was $20, but mostly because I didn't have the Hitman 2 season pass anyway so it was still the cheaper method

Alright, that's Hitman 3 in the bag, thoughts below
    I tend to grade on environmental ambience and ironic deaths, which this game delivered.

Overall I thought it was a collection of just gorgeous levels with some solid scenarios. Dubai is straightforward but a good workhorse level to ease you back in, I was sold by Dartmoor the moment it was announced, identifying and evading the agents in Berlin was tense, I'm a sucker for rain levels and Chongqing delivered, and I stumbled into some nice twists and turns in Mendoza that felt like a great cap to the story.

The actual final level was a disappointment, though, especially after how much I'd seen it hyped up. Train levels are a fun concept, but this being one long bog-standard stealth mission isn't what I come to Hitman for, even if I might enjoy this kind of level in a completely separate game.

I've started digging back into the old levels right from the start, I do want to get back to Yakuza soon but it's nice to hang out in the old levels.

• LalaboxLalabox Registered User regular
    https://www.hitmanforum.com/t/hitman-3-known-issues/2965
    Whilst we’ve been busy launching HITMAN 3, we’ve also been working on the promised solution for allowing PC players to import locations that they already own into HITMAN 3 on Epic. We’ve got that solution worked out and it’s currently being tested and verified from all angles to make it as robust as possible. In terms of timing, it’s definitely a case of sooner rather than later. Even with the longest estimates we’ve looked at, the solution will be fully rolled out before the end of February. We’ll keep you updated with the next steps.

guess i paid 20 bucks to get them early

oh well

edited February 2021
    Managed to finish the new Dartmoor escalation. Got into the top 100 in the world on the 3rd part though I’m sure I’ll get kicked out pretty quickly.

I do not like escalations that have timed elements.

Librarian's ghost on

edited February 2021
    Beat Carpathian Mountains finally, quick thoughts since it's 530 in the morning
    Kinda tedious honestly. It was cool to have like these sort of John Wick-style fast shootout rooms, but there's no real room for creativity, no good accidents other than a couple fire barrels. It's just hallways with dudes.
    I liked the final confrontation with Edwards, but the actual ending cutscene was a dud. Ah well.
    Anyway, as it turns out David Bateson is not just the voice of 47, he's also the narrator of these:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oCSdZpXHeiY

which lead to someone on Reddit creating this: https://streamable.com/fcxkes

Crippl3 on