As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

PAX 2008 website is live!

Amber FechkoAmber Fechko Registered User regular
edited February 2008 in PAX Archive
We're launching today! Thanks for your patience everyone. :)

http://pennyarcadeexpo.com/

I know some of you were particularly interested in the hotel information; that has been posted as well: http://pennyarcadeexpo.com/hotels.php. Hotels tend to fill up quickly, I'd recommend securing a reservation sooner rather than later if you're interested in a room.

212 days!

Amber Fechko on

• BigRedBigRed Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited January 2008
    (for kelp)

First!

BigRed on
    <MoeFwacky> besides, BigRed-Worky is right
  • coelacanthcoelacanth Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Got my room booked! Can't wait to attend my first PAX!

coelacanth on
  • mentok1982mentok1982 I could never leave you PAX baby. BaltimoreRegistered User regular
    edited January 2008
    I hope that the Executive Hotel Pacific can be convinced to participate in the PAX hotel program thing. The rates are great already, but I would not mind paying even less. I stayed with them last year and I was pleased with my room, their staff and the location of the hotel.

Right now on their site the price is $157 a night using the advance booking (10% off) option. It comes to $907.46 for five nights and taxes.

http://www.executivehotels.net/seattle/s_seattle_home.cgi

mentok1982 on
    Penny Arcade TV makes my life complete!
    PS3: Mentok || Steam: mentok1982 || Diablo 3: mentok1982#1212
    Links: GPUReview.com My IGN activity My IGN Blog [H]ard|Forum
  • LailLail Surrey, B.C.Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Oh boy, oh boy.

Lail on
  • collinccollinc Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Wow, I know it's no where close to soon. But still I can feel it in my skin just looking at everything.

collinc on
    Free cake. Inquire within.
  • Sl1pstreamSl1pstream [E] BelgiumRegistered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Wednesday-Monday, BOOKED!!!!!!!

Yay for really long flights. All worth it. So excited. Can't wait. I'm booking my flight on friday. Did I mention that I'm excited? I might even be able to drag a few people along this year, if they can get over their idea of expensive.

Sl1pstream on
  • Foxy_RoxyFoxy_Roxy Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    GOT MY ROOM!

SEE YOU IN AUGUST BEEATCHES!

Foxy_Roxy on
    linkdb4.png
  • DrakkenDrakken Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    On a cold Wisconsin night, there is nothing like the launch of the PAX 08 site to induce a warm fuzzy glow. :)

Drakken on
  • SnoowySnoowy Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Hurray! Me and 4 friends going to PAX for the first time! Got our room and everything! SO EXCITING.

212 days is so far away...

Snoowy on
    Snoowii.png
  • ShmorkyShmorky Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Snoowy wrote: »
    Hurray! Me and 4 friends going to PAX for the first time! Got our room and everything! SO EXCITING.

212 days is so far away...

This will be my first PAX as well, and I can't even begin to describe how excited I am. I can't wait until the end of August!!

Shmorky on
  • skwisgaar Skwigelfskwisgaar Skwigelf Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Holy shit, it feels like a thousand years ago when I attended my first PAX. It was PAX 2006, the last one to use the Bellevue Con Center. I had been reading PA for a little while and thought it would be nice to be around other PA fans. But I got more than I think 45$ could EVER buy. PAX '06 was my first real con and I can't think of anything better to start off with. I live for this con...

BUT ENOUGH TALK! MUST BUY TICKETS!!!!

skwisgaar Skwigelf on
    Max sig size: 500x80px or 4 lines of text
    "Let me be the first to tell you you look like shit".
    DJFenderStradt.png
  • VThornheartVThornheart Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    I think the Hyatt is booked solid already... it says that there's no available rooms on "those dates" (I tried the 28th-Sept 1st, then 29th - Sept 1st, and lastly 28th - 31st. All booked solid.)

VThornheart on
    3DS Friend Code: 1950-8938-9095
  • enderwiggin13enderwiggin13 Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Bah, I already registered but can't get any of my damn friends to commit so I can't book a hotel yet. They need to hurry up and convince their wives already.

enderwiggin13 on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited January 2008
    Oh, I'm an idiot. I put "G-PENN" in the "promotion code" instead of the "corporate code" field. My bad, false alarm everyone. =)

VThornheart on
  • DreamwriterDreamwriter Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Holy cow, the Exhibition Hall doubled in size?! If that keeps up, it won't be too long until it's as big as the classic E3's!

Dreamwriter on
  • mare_imbriummare_imbrium Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    you can get a jacuzzi jr. suite with a king bed at the roosevelt for the same price as a double? I wonder if that is a mistake? I've reserved it for Thurs - Monday. Why exactly don't people like the Roosevelt? It looks like a cool old hotel. Is it just the distance?

This is our first PAX!

mare_imbrium on
    v2zAToe.jpg
    Wii: 4521 1146 5179 1333 Pearl: 3394 4642 8367 HG: 1849 3913 3132
  • MomoshouseMomoshouse Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    I am so excited - I have booked tickets for PAX, and got a hotel room courtesy of a work colleague who has a timeshare!! and it's only one block from the convention center!!
    Now, hopefully no one will mind this (soon to be) 47 year old gaming mom being there - will I have to get fake id to say I am 23??
    I know I am more excited than my 14 yr old son!!
    Nothing like living vicariously through one's children............................

Momoshouse on
    ""[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]"I've got a good mind to go out and join a club and beat you over the head with it.
  • LigerLiger Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Momoshouse wrote: »
    Now, hopefully no one will mind this (soon to be) 47 year old gaming mom being there - will I have to get fake id to say I am 23??

Are you kidding? The fact that you're a gamer mom makes you even more awesome. I aspire to be like you in 20 years. :D

Liger on
    5932306549_6b4d957b56.jpg CUSTOM LANYARDS FOR PAX
  • KaitouAyashiKaitouAyashi Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Liger wrote: »
    Momoshouse wrote: »

Are you kidding? The fact that you're a gamer mom makes you even more awesome. I aspire to be like you in 20 years. :D

Besides, 30 is the new 25 - so you're fine. Plus, they'll be more "old people" there than you think.

KaitouAyashi on
    [15:02] BigRed-Worky: i will nom all of your boxes
    [15:02] Tajah: I like you BR but I'm not letting you nom my box
    [15:02] BigRed-Worky: Did I mention I hate you all? cause i do
    PAX Twitter Shitter~*~ Retired Bar Liaison: 2nd, 3rd, & 4th Annual Triwizard Drinking Tournament~*~
    edited February 2008
    Thanks, you guys have quelled my nervousness about attending PAX with my kid - after looking at the photos of last year's event, I was starting to feel like maybe I should bring a cane!!
    I know, I know, it's all in the mind, right??

August is too far away!!!!!!!!!!!

See you there...........8-)

Momoshouse on
    ""[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]"I've got a good mind to go out and join a club and beat you over the head with it.
    edited February 2008
    Nah, don't worry! Like I said in another post, we nerds are a very inclusive group... much moreso than members of so-called "mainstream society." Age, race, gender, creed, and sexual orientation matter little to (most of) us. =)

VThornheart on
    edited February 2008
    What a great philosophy for my son to learn - I think it's the old saying of 'live and let live" - very cool, and wouldn't it be great if more people thought that way!

Dug out the PS2 last night (360 in use) and brushed up my Champions of Norrath skills..........wish there were more games like it..........guess I will really have to learn how to play shooters, I am no good at them (except for Portal!)

Cheers to all!

Momoshouse on
  • enderwiggin13enderwiggin13 Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    you can get a jacuzzi jr. suite with a king bed at the roosevelt for the same price as a double? I wonder if that is a mistake? I've reserved it for Thurs - Monday. Why exactly don't people like the Roosevelt? It looks like a cool old hotel. Is it just the distance?!

People don't like the Roosevelt? I'd be interested to know why as well cause I booked a room there Thurs-Mon as well.

enderwiggin13 on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • KaitouAyashiKaitouAyashi Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited February 2008
    you can get a jacuzzi jr. suite with a king bed at the roosevelt for the same price as a double? I wonder if that is a mistake? I've reserved it for Thurs - Monday. Why exactly don't people like the Roosevelt? It looks like a cool old hotel. Is it just the distance?!

People don't like the Roosevelt? I'd be interested to know why as well cause I booked a room there Thurs-Mon as well.

I've heard nothing but great things about it. Plus it's right next to Von's - a great place for martinis and drink specials albeit kinda busy. It's a whole street away from the convention center...on the corner downhill from GameWorks.

KaitouAyashi on
    [15:02] BigRed-Worky: i will nom all of your boxes
    [15:02] Tajah: I like you BR but I'm not letting you nom my box
    [15:02] BigRed-Worky: Did I mention I hate you all? cause i do
    PAX Twitter Shitter~*~ Retired Bar Liaison: 2nd, 3rd, & 4th Annual Triwizard Drinking Tournament~*~
This discussion has been closed.