As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

HITMAN 2 is probably still the best hitman but HITMAN Ill has some cool things going on

1383940414244»

• PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    edited February 2021
    Crippl3 wrote: »
    Beat Carpathian Mountains finally, quick thoughts since it's 530 in the morning
    Kinda tedious honestly. It was cool to have like these sort of John Wick-style fast shootout rooms, but there's no real room for creativity, no good accidents other than a couple fire barrels. It's just hallways with dudes.
    I liked the final confrontation with Edwards, but the actual ending cutscene was a dud. Ah well.
    Anyway, as it turns out David Bateson is not just the voice of 47, he's also the narrator of these:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oCSdZpXHeiY

which lead to someone on Reddit creating this: https://streamable.com/fcxkes

NO WAY

PaperLuigi44 on
  • Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    Crippl3 wrote: »
    Beat Carpathian Mountains finally, quick thoughts since it's 530 in the morning
    Kinda tedious honestly. It was cool to have like these sort of John Wick-style fast shootout rooms, but there's no real room for creativity, no good accidents other than a couple fire barrels. It's just hallways with dudes.
    I liked the final confrontation with Edwards, but the actual ending cutscene was a dud. Ah well.
    Anyway, as it turns out David Bateson is not just the voice of 47, he's also the narrator of these:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oCSdZpXHeiY

which lead to someone on Reddit creating this: https://streamable.com/fcxkes

NO WAY

Lego Harry Potter latest commercial out now. I voiced it. LEGO Group
    #voiceover, #voicetalent, #commercial

He's done tons of commercials for the over the years, for stuff like City, Harry Potter, and Star Wars

• Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    i finished this up the other day

i liked it a lot more than I did at first. I feel like 1 and 2 both open with a bang and then have their more so-so maps in the middle before a big grand finale. Paris and Sapienza are great, Marrakesh through Colorado are a little eh, Hokkaido is amazing. Miami is incredible, Columbia and Mumbai are kind of middling, Whittleton's fun, Sgail is awesome.

With 3 it feels more like they just ordered the maps from worst to best. Dubai's kind of whatever, Dartmoor's okay, Berlin's really cool, Chongqing is a blast, Mendoza is one of my favorite maps right now (and then you have Carpathian Mountains, which is kind of its own thing).

I'd have to replay them more to see how well they really hold up, but after kind of an eh first impression I'm really glad that the later maps brought me around on this one.

Here's my biggest beef at this point: this game is way buggier than I remember either of the previous games being. Lots and lots of weird bugs with people jittering in crowds, textures disappearing when viewed from certain angles, and I've had it crash a bunch. Really hope some patches smooth that stuff out. Kinda feels like this game came in sorta hot, which probably wasn't helped by them not having a publisher behind them this time and also doing QA during the pandemic.

• Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    I've been working through the Hitman 2 Escalations for the unlocks. Finished all of Miami, and just now finished all on Columbia. On the Flamingo Mascot Axe Escalation I got #56 in the entire world and I'm pretty proud of that.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• LalaboxLalabox Registered User regular
    Im a bit annoyed that my pc is having problems where it keeps on restarting itself, because it makes it pretty impossible to play this game

• ProhassProhass Registered User regular
    edited February 2021
    Goddamn this ridiculously annoying legacy system. I have the legacy pack of hitman 1 installed for hitman 2, I can play the levels from hitman 1 in hitman 2. How do I actually import my progress though? I’ve done everything in hitman 1 in the hitman 1 game, but I can’t find any way to import that completion and stats. Is it even possible?

I swear to god this is just the worst fucking import legacy style system I’ve ever experienced, it’s so confusing, there are so many packs and ways to own shit. I’ll own hitman 1 but it will want me to pay for the legacy pack for hitman 2 and it’s like is this a glitch or is it just greedy? God fucking knows

Prohass on
  • SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular
    Prohass wrote: »
    Goddamn this ridiculously annoying legacy system. I have the legacy pack of hitman 1 installed for hitman 2, I can play the levels from hitman 1 in hitman 2. How do I actually import my progress though? I’ve done everything in hitman 1 in the hitman 1 game, but I can’t find any way to import that completion and stats. Is it even possible?

It is not and it sucked at the time

7qmGNt5.png
    D3 Steam #TeamTangent STO
  • ProhassProhass Registered User regular
    edited February 2021

Ok at least I know it’s not glitched. Now to figure out the ten other things that don’t make sense. Like the fact that I can access hitman 2 levels in hitman 2 through destinations, but for some reason my campaign is asking me to buy access to hitman 2 to play it, which I definitely have

Edit: ok looks like i only had it cos I have access to my friends games, but I actually did own the season pass, so I had a confusing mix of owned and playable and playable and not owned and not owned and therefore not playable

I saw the gold edition of hitman 2 was on sale so I just bought the damn thing again because Jesus Christ

Also is there a way to import your hitman 1 progress into 3? Or does it only import stuff from 2 and the hitman 1 progress you do in 2

I feel like I’m answering riddles

Prohass on

Ok at least I know it’s not glitched. Now to figure out the ten other things that don’t make sense. Like the fact that I can access hitman 2 levels in hitman 2 through destinations, but for some reason my campaign is asking me to buy access to hitman 2 to play it, which I definitely have

Edit: ok looks like i only had it cos I have access to my friends games, but I actually did own the season pass, so I had a confusing mix of owned and playable and playable and not owned and not owned and therefore not playable

I saw the gold edition of hitman 2 was on sale so I just bought the damn thing again because Jesus Christ

Also is there a way to import your hitman 1 progress into 3? Or does it only import stuff from 2 and the hitman 1 progress you do in 2

I feel like I’m answering riddles

only 2
    Hitman 1 is basically standalone, it's not used for anything in 3

IO Interactive
    @IOInteractive
    Personal computerWhite heavy check mark

We're pleased to share that HITMAN 3 PC players can now import locations from HITMAN 1 and HITMAN 2 at no additional cost.

Follow the official 3-step guide here: https://ioi.dk/hitman-3-pc-location-importing-guide/

H2 import now available on PC

• ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular
    edited February 2021
    There's definitely something weird going on with the legacy stuff. I bought H3 and had H1 installed but it wouldn't let me play the H1 campaign. I said "Fuck it!" and bought access to H1 for $20 or whatever. Reading the text of for that access it is clear it is only meant to apply to H1. Fine.

I finished H1 campaign in H3 this past weekend and am interested in the H2 campaign. Main page says I have to by H2 in some form and I check out the PSN store. I come across something called "HITMAN 3 Access Pass: HITMAN 2 Standard (DISC) (Add-On)" for a price of $0. I hit purchase and boom I have access to H2 campaign for nothing.

This cannot possibly be how things were intended to work.

Butters on
    PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • TubeTube Registered User admin
    I've come around on this one a bit, I've started having fun with the challenges. The first two levels are pissweak, but the rest are pretty good. I've encountered a hard crash on Berlin which is preventing me from killing all of the targets, but that's kind of a self inflicted challenge anyway.

• XeddicusXeddicus Registered User regular
    Bah, was doing the Escalation and shocked my PC with static electricity which it does not like so shutdown. I was in the process of purging the level and had most of it done to. Thinking the entire time this was probably a mistake and yep, should have aborted when I got the 2nd round!

• SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular
    Update today

The first major patch for @HITMAN
    3 arrives today!

White heavy check mark
    New suit unlock
    White heavy check mark
    Gameplay improvements
    White heavy check mark
    HUD tweaks
    White heavy check mark
    Bug fixes

Page facing up
    https://www.ioi.dk/hitman-3-february-patch-3-11/

Most importantly 47 barbie continues

Eu6Z4ihXMAA8wjZ?format=jpg&name=medium
    The Tactical Turtleneck is now an unlockable suit for all HITMAN 3 players. Once unlocked, it will be added to your inventory and can be used on any location that allows you to choose a suit. To get your hands on it, you’ll have to return to the ICA Facility and complete The Final Test.

7qmGNt5.png
    State Share (Launch Feature)
    HITMAN: World of Assassination, aka your hub for the entire trilogy of Stadia, launched with State Share. We wanted to reiterate those details here.

State Share is an exclusive Stadia feature that we have implemented into HITMAN 3 that allows you to easily capture and share any mission, escalation or contract you are playing into screenshots and videos. Simply use Stadia’s built-in screenshot or video recording feature to capture and share your contract state.

StateShare.jpg

When you create a state share, other HITMAN players on Stadia can immediately start the contract with the same starting location, suit, items (both carried and smuggled) and difficulty.

Sharing a state won’t affect your own saves, unlocks or progression and, if you decide to retread your own steps, new unlocks and scores can still be earned.

When you play a shared state, you can earn the normal rewards, but access to any locked items will not persist after you have finished playing the state unless you have unlocked them during the session.

This is rad as fuck and I wish it wasn't Stadia only

• PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    From the above patch notes

Mendoza
    We’ve resolved an issue where a small speech bubble saying “Oh Snap” would appear in the level, seemingly at random. Not sure what else to say about this one. No more speech bubbles.

Alright then

• Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    I like this snow ninja escalation.

Spoilers for what it has you do.
    First level you find the ninja outfit and sword and kill a guy pretty easily. Extractions are unique to these levels.

Second it starts you in the ninja outfit with the sword right next to you and you have to get to the other side of the train but the sword has a blood lust and you have to kill someone every 20 seconds or you fail. So you just have to fucking RUN and kill every guard you can. You are killing them so fast they don't really get any shots off even if they see you. Once you get to the car with the guard commander and kill him it then spotlights the sniper rifle at the other end and the timer stops. Get the rifle, go up to the roof and figure out how to lure a guy from a car forward so you can snipe him.

Last level is the complete opposite. You can only kill the target. Can't pacify anyone, and if anyone sees you it is an instant fail. No items but the sword and ninja suit.

None of it is hard, but it is a neat change.

Also did the guru poison one. Less fun but not hard unless you really want to suit only silent assassin it, which does nothing but give you bragging rights. I just fucking shot every guard in the head on the last part to clear a route.

For the turtleneck, you just have to do the russian spy tutorial mission over once and it unlocks. Just finish it any way you want.

The three wine challenge still doesn't work on Mendoza for me though :(

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• XeddicusXeddicus Registered User regular
    Wish NPC's were just a bit less aware of things like injecting someone etc.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gk3UHB0V2y4

https://www.ioi.dk/hitman-3-march-roadmap/
    New seasonal mission in an Easter version of Berlin on the 30th, new escalation out today, final Deluxe escalation out on the 30th, The Stowaway ET (from Hitman 2) on the 19th, new Featured Contracts on the 11th and 25th, new patch on the 30th

• LarsLars Registered User regular
    As someone waiting for the Steam release, what's the word on time-limited content like Elusive Targets?

I figure that Easter mission will become permanent eventually like the snow festival in Hitman 2 was limited the first run then came back permanently.

• Albino BunnyAlbino Bunny Jackie Registered User regular
    Lars wrote: »
    As someone waiting for the Steam release, what's the word on time-limited content like Elusive Targets?

I figure that Easter mission will become permanent eventually like the snow festival in Hitman 2 was limited the first run then came back permanently.

The word is the same that they've given for anyone caring about Elusive contracts: Just buy it now sucker.

This isn't meant to be mean but like, that's how modern hitman has being forever.

cool interview with a couple of the level designers of Dartmoor about how they developed it and how and why the murder mystery came to be (with bonus cat content at the end)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ww9uHdE_wks

• gtrmpgtrmp Registered User regular
    Lars wrote: »

Every ET in Hitman 2 returned for a second run, so I expect they'll do the same again. So far they haven't said anything about any changes to the ET formula, other than saying prior to launch that they would be changing things in some way.

So far the only elusive target for hitman 3 has been a re-run of two targets from hitman 1 and as far as I can tell there's no new rewards on the track

7qmGNt5.png
    new Hitman mobile game coming
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fEglTCE-Zpo

Hitman Sniper was pretty cool, I'd give this a shot

• KandenKanden Registered User regular
    DLC!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rVtrl7Mgobw

https://www.ioi.dk/hitman-3-seven-deadly-sins/

Seems like more premium escalations each on based around a deadly sin, $5 each, $30 for the full pack of 7, Greed hits March 30th

Heads up if you missed the announcement but an Elusive Target is currently running on Dartmoor, it's pretty good!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ub9g5kJEw_s
    I am very glad the guy had a knife on him because I did not want to go all the way back down to the kitchen to get one.

7qmGNt5.png
    Heads up if you missed the announcement but an Elusive Target is currently running on Dartmoor, it's pretty good!

I am very glad the guy had a knife on him because I did not want to go all the way back down to the kitchen to get one.
    The way I did it, I went for the painting first and used a razor blade in the upstairs bathroom I passed through climbing up to the painting.

The way I did it, I went for the painting first and used a razor blade in the upstairs bathroom I passed through climbing up to the painting.
    Ah see I had to follow him around to find the painting in the first place because I didn't recognise it in the briefing video!

7qmGNt5.png
    edited April 2021
    Elusive Target
    So he bugged out on me and may have saved my run lol
    I started a run as gardener and saw that he was in the greenhouse, so I restarted inside in the staff room, got a bodyguard disguise, then went to look for the painting first because I already knew where the target was. Got the painting with a letter opener after quite a while of looking around, then went down to the garden for the target.
    He's gone. Oh fuck.
    I wander around outside forever. I check inside, every floor. I wait around the greenhouse. I do laps of the garden and front door forever.
    I didn't know that he actually disguises himself, I didn't think about it when Diana mentioned it. I looked up some posts on Reddit and Youtube about the target, because I'd been looking forever and was getting frustrated and had to go to bed soon. I found out about his disguise, and went to look for him. Now, luckily he bugged out, because he should have escaped in the 40 minutes it took me to find him.
    Apparently, he disguised, went to Carlisle's office, found the painting and just...stood there. What he's supposed to do is get frustrated that the painting is gone, and then try to escape the map. He didn't leave, didn't try to escape, just stood in the middle of the office stock still. I sighed a very long sigh, coined him up the stairs, stabbed him with a needle under the painting, and hit the boat for the escape and my SA rating.
    I'm pretty damn glad it broke, so I didn't fail the run lmao

Crippl3 on
    edited April 2021
    In case anyone didn’t know. If you botch an Elusive Target where you can’t restart, you can close out the game and restart and begin the mission over. Very useful if you are going for the Silent Assassin rating.

Librarian's ghost on

• PwnanObrienPwnanObrien He's right, life sucks. Registered User regular
    I stole the painting first, knocked out his guard and just barely caught up to him before he reached his car where I had a tense situation distracting and incapacitating a couple of guards before knifing him with the very same letter opener I used to cut down the painting.

10/10 emergent narrative

Mwx884o.jpg
    Another New elusive target, in Mendoza

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eDG4ZLiT8oE
    got this one via electrocution but I'm sure there's a few more interesting ways to get there

7qmGNt5.png