As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Mighty Morphin Power Thread: where we of course talk about TMNT

• Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    Jesus that design is badass....

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QrUNIN0w084

Trailer's up for the new series. Looks like they changed the cockpit for the Zords again.

• Options
    RenzoRenzo Registered User regular
    edited February 2021
    This probably belongs here?

Tsubaraya is putting Ultraman Z back up, one episode at a time, but at 1080p. If you didn't watch it as it aired, now is your chance. It's great. Watch it.

https://youtu.be/2Ia9YsDuE0E

Renzo on
  • Options
    MancingtomMancingtom Registered User regular
    Um, so Dino Fury is really, really good.

Watch it.

• Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    The remaining episodes of Beast Morphers dropped on Australian Netflix finally, I'm really digging it! Lotta fun cameos.

• Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    Oh my god, I finished Beast Morphers
    I am so happy that RPM's lingering cliffhanger reveal got wrapped up and we got more Dr K. Was it the pragmatic thing to centre your finale around a show from over 10 years ago? Probably not, but selfishly, it catered to me specifically and I'm thrilled.

P dang good series all round, all things considered

• Options
    Crossposting from the fighting-games thread.
    Brolo wrote: »

ITS HAPPENING
    Power Rangers: Battle for the Grid - Street Fighter Crossover Trailer https://youtube.com/watch?v=7l-b_gXQ6nQ&ab_channel=IGN

• Options
    RingoRingo He/Him a distinct lack of substanceRegistered User regular
    edited April 2021
    Less than ten seconds of Chun-Li in that trailer, way to un-sell me guys

Honestly Ryu-Ranger just doesn't click with me at all. I play Battle for the Grid because it's not just Street Fighter or other games that have a million iterations. But I'm sure there are fans who are super excited, so I hope it works well

And a fun Chun-Li would probably get my money anyway

Ringo on
    Sterica wrote: »
    I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    Ringo wrote: »
    And a fun Chun-Li would probably get my money anyway

"Fun-Li" was RIGHT THERE!

• Options
    I'm apparently deliriously sick today so I'm gonna blame that

I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Options
    LBD_NytetraynLBD_Nytetrayn TorontoRegistered User regular

My guess -- my hope -- is that with the release in late May, they plan to give her a trailer of her own, and that was just a teaser. Like the stinger at the end of a Marvel movie, if you will.

qjWUWdm.gif1edr1cF.gifINPoYqL.png
    Like Mega Man Legends? Then check out my story, Legends of the Halcyon Era - An Adventure in the World of Mega Man Legends on TMMN and AO3!
  • Options
    ElbasunuElbasunu Registered User regular
    npjru0e9jv9b.png

g1xfUKU.png?10zfegkyoor3b.png
    Steam ID: Obos Vent: Obos
  • Options

My guess -- my hope -- is that with the release in late May, they plan to give her a trailer of her own, and that was just a teaser. Like the stinger at the end of a Marvel movie, if you will.

https://youtu.be/eTB1sYJJqNY

Called it.

Like Mega Man Legends? Then check out my story, Legends of the Halcyon Era - An Adventure in the World of Mega Man Legends on TMMN and AO3!
  • Options
    Awesome

Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Options
    Devlin_DragonusDevlin_Dragonus Gorgeous Dallas, TXRegistered User regular
    This trailer popped up on my feed and my response was "wait this game got good?!"

I now have an item on my to do list next payday

I got nothing for you now. Try again later.

• Options
    It's also on Gamepass IIRC.

• Options
    JaysonFourJaysonFour Classy Monster Kitteh Registered User regular
    Wasn't sure if this belonged here or in the general toku thread, so I'm erring on dropping this here because it's pure Power Rangers:

The Humble Boom Studios Power Rangers Comics Bundle is up for sale on Humble Bundle!

(Tiers and prices in spoiler- it's a big list!)

$1:
    • Mighty Morphin Power Rangers #0
    • Mighty Morphin Power Rangers #1
    • Power Rangers: Pink #1
    • Mighty Morphin Power Rangers/Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles #1
    • Mighty Morphin Power Rangers Anniversary Special #1
    • Mighty Morphin Power Rangers: Shattered Grid #1
    • Power Rangers: Drakkon New Dawn #1

$10:
    • Mighty Morphin Power Rangers Vol. 1 (Issues 0 - 4)
    • Mighty Morphin Power Rangers Vol. 2 (Issues 5 - 8)
    • Mighty Morphin Power Rangers Vol. 3 (Issues 9 - 12)
    • Mighty Morphin Power Rangers Archive #1 (Marvel/Image/Papercutz/Hamilton runs)
    • Mighty Morphin Power Rangers Lost Chronicles #1
    • Mighty Morphin Power Rangers: Pink (full series?)
    • Saban's Go Go Power Rangers Vol. 1 (Issues 1 - 4)
    • Power Rangers: Drakkon New Dawn #2
    • Power Rangers: Drakkon New Dawn #3
    • Power Rangers: Ranger Slayer #1

$18:
    • Mighty Morphin Power Rangers Vol. 4 (Issues 13 - 16)
    • Mighty Morphin Power Rangers Vol. 5 (Issues 17 - 20)
    • Mighty Morphin Power Rangers Vol. 6 (Issues 21 - 24)
    • Mighty Morphin Power Rangers Vol. 7 (Issues 25 - 28)
    • Mighty Morphin Power Rangers Vol. 8 (Issues 29 - 30 and MMPR: Shattered Grid #1)
    • Mighty Morphin Power Rangers Vol. 9 (Issues 31 - 34)
    • Mighty Morphin Power Rangers Lost Chronicles Vol. 2
    • Saban's Go Go Power Rangers Vol. 2 (Issues 5 - 8)
    • Saban's Go Go Power Rangers Vol. 3 (Issues 9 - 12)
    • Saban's Go Go Power Rangers Vol. 4 (Issues 13 - 16)
    • Saban's Go Go Power Rangers Vol. 5 (Issues 17 - 20)
    • Saban's Go Go Power Rangers Vol. 6 (GGPR: Forever Rangers and GGPR: Back to School)

$25:
    • Saban's Go Go Power Rangers Vol. 7 (Issues 21 - 24)
    • Saban's Go Go Power Rangers Vol. 8 (Issues 25 - 28)
    • Saban's Go Go Power Rangers Vol. 9 (Issues 29 - 32)
    • Mighty Morphin Power Rangers Archive #2
    • Mighty Morphin Power Rangers Vol. 10 (Issues 35 - 39)
    • Mighty Morphin Power Rangers Vol. 11 (Issues 40 - 43)
    • Mighty Morphin Power Rangers Vol. 12 (Issues 44 - 47)
    • Mighty Morphin Power Rangers Vol. 13 (Issues 48 - 50)
    • Mighty Morphin Power Rangers Vol. 14 (Issues 51 - 55)
    • Mighty Morphin #1
    • Mighty Morphin #2
    • Power Rangers #1
    • Power Rangers #2
    • Mighty Morphin Power Rangers/Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (Issues 1 - 5)
    • Power Rangers: Sins of the Future OGN
    • Power Rangers: Soul of the Dragon OGN
    • Power Rangers: The Psycho Path OGN

steam_sig.png
    I can has cheezburger, yes?
  • Options
    Excellent, thank you

Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Options
    edited June 2021
    Netflix here has gotten better about new PR episodes, so I've able to watch all of the current Dino Fury stuff that's out. Another charming cast, I'm excited based on the episodes so far about the potential for future story beats. And it's a shame that short theme songs are apparently the standard going forward, as there's a lot of squandered potential. At least it's incorporated into the morphing sequence, which I must say is gorgeous, one of the best in the franchise.

PaperLuigi44 on
  • Options
    It's a shame that the current Super Sentai series, Zenkaiger, will likely never be turned into a Power Ranger series. I'd love to see how they'd write in this super-mode that's coming in the next episode for the team's leader and the general PR-fan reaction to it.
    q4oPN20h.jpg

• Options
    Hey, we thought we'd never get Go-Busters, either, but...

• Options
    Hey, we thought we'd never get Go-Busters, either, but...

Well certain things would probably never be used at the very least if they did make an attempt. Like last week's episode and it's method to take out the MotW...
    ...in which they used Jetman's final scenes to take him out.

• Options
    RenzoRenzo Registered User regular
    I thought that Dino Fury was going to be the last example of PR using Super Sentai material. With the implication being that PR is going all-original after that.

• Options
    Saw this, figured I’d drop it here:

Power Rangers is getting its own TTRPG..

The core Rulebook will cover the system, character creation, and the Zordon saga (Mighty Morphin’, Alien Rangers, Zeo, Turbo and In Space). I imagine that they’ll put out a splatbook for each season after that.

Not gonna lie, I’m grabbing a copy.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    So, Dino Fury had someone make an unexpected return.
    https://youtu.be/ozhAnK3xkSo

I'll give it this; at least it ain't Sledge again.

• Options

HI, MY NAME IS DICK GRAYSON!!

We did it y’all! I’m playing Nightwing!!!!!!

#nightwing

Yoshi Sudarso AKA Dino Charge's Blue Ranger will be playing Dick Grayson in the live-action shorts-series Wayne Family Adventures.

• Options
    Ha ha, keeping it Blue too, that rules.

• Options
    Most of the PR library of shows has been pulled off Netflix. It appears that Saban is looking elsewhere to put it. Rumors I'm hearing say TubiTV (a free TV service with a premium option to get rid of ads) might be the likeliest landing place, but still nothing.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    LanzLanz ...Za?Registered User regular
    edited October 2021
    Wait how is Zedd back to being a fleshless space horror man after like… Zordon’s death good wave turning him into a preppy WASP yuppie stuck on the moon

Man more and more sorta seems like Zordon kind of died for nothing huh

Lanz on
    waNkm4k.jpg?1
  • Options
    Monster with the power to pluck different version of people from various points in time, in this case Zedd pre-Zordon wave.

• Options
    redfield85redfield85 Registered User regular
    Just got the game on Switch and OH MY is the story mode and ranking AI matches insanely hard. I'm no slouch to fighting games, but holy moly. I need to jump into practice and get myself acquainted I guess.

bYf6vNQ.png
    Tumblr | Twitter | Twitch | Pinny Arcade Lanyard
    [3DS] 3394-3901-4002 | [Xbox/Steam] Redfield85
  • Options
  • Options
    That's a really awkward post for Raph, but I appreciate that they tried.

• Options
    LanzLanz ...Za?Registered User regular
    1) I just noticed Mikey’s dual wielding pizza slices instead of his weapons

2) I just noticed their nostrils are… way fucking closer to their eyes than I ever thought they were…

waNkm4k.jpg?1
  • Options
    edited November 2021
  • Options
    Two random thoughts/questions I had earlier:

1) Do they still use Super Sentai cockpits in Power Rangers? I remember hearing they didn't some years ago, I think for Samurai, so they could give them more toys to sell while in there. And I notice they haven't really changed much since...

2) Have there been any parody Super Sentai series, a la CarRsnger, since that one came out in Japan? (Not counting the one that had the red and green ZyuRanger appear with American flag-decorated costumes; that was non-canon, wasn't it?) If so, did any of them get brought over as Power Rangers seasons?

• Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    akibaranger is semi-canon

• Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    Have there been any parody Super Sentai series, a la CarRanger, since that one came out in Japan? (Not counting the one that had the red and green ZyuRanger appear with American flag-decorated costumes; that was non-canon, wasn't it?) If so, did any of them get brought over as Power Rangers seasons?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rEf9unzJhr4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C14fK3t5LnU

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    Two-pronged question:

1) Does anyone here have the Legacy Collection Saba? And if so...

2) How do you display it? I'm trying to find a sword holder for mine, but I'm worried about it fitting.

• Options
    DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    Austin St. John (the original red ranger) indicted on charges of... lots and lots of fraud.

Take that, 90s childhood!

:(

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/power-rangers-actor-charged-with-covid-19-fraud/ar-AAXwBuK
    A '90s actor who starred in the hit TV show "Mighty Morphin Power Rangers" has been charged with perpetuating a scheme to defraud the U.S. government of CARES Act funds, according to the Department of Justice.

Austin St. John, who played the red Power Ranger on the show, which aired from 1993 to 1995, was one of 18 charged with filing fraudulent applications for loans from the Paycheck Protection Program, and transferring them to the two ringleaders of the scheme.

St. John, whose real name is Jason Geiger, allegedly obtained more than $400,000 in fraudulent PPP loans and transferred them to a co-defendant, not for the purposes of using the loans as they were intended. Each of the defendants faces up to 20 years in prison, according to the DOJ.

The Justice Department named Michael Hill and Andrew Moran as the alleged leaders of the scheme.

"Hill is alleged to have recruited co-conspirators to use an existing business or create a business to submit applications to obtain PPP funding," according to a Justice Department press release. "Once enlisted, Moran is alleged to have assisted his co-conspirators with the application paperwork, including fabricating supporting documentation and submitting the application through the online portals."

Court documents allege that St. John transferred $421,000 in fraudulently obtained PPP loans to Hill's bank account.

In total, the defendants allegedly scammed the government out of $3.5 million.

In a statement St. John's lawyer said he plead not guilty.

"An indictment is not evidence of guilt," David Klaudt a lawyer representing St. John said. "All defendants are presumed innocent and Mr. St. John intends to vigorously defend himself against this allegation."