As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[WoW Classic] More full servers than Live.

• fRAWRstfRAWRst The Seas Call The Mad AnswerRegistered User regular
    ive never met him!

J3qcnBP.png
  • ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    fRAWRst wrote: »
    ive never met him!

omg i was in your wedding

*runs away crying*

Allegedly a voice of reason.
    always a brides maid, never a bride

J3qcnBP.png
  • crimsoncoyotecrimsoncoyote Registered User regular
    We managed to get Raz for our first kill after a couple bumps, but it was super smooth when we did!

Then we worked on Gothik for a while but we were short 4 people and that hurt a lot.

• initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    Nice!

Yeah gothik is the fight we've downed so far that feels like every single lost person or empty slot dramatically hurts your chances even if you don't see that you wiped immediately

my trinket collection grows!
    71uejsgdwk45.jpg

soqsox8kxzhc.jpg

some good rng/dungeoning tonight

almost forgot how much i love 5 mans. tbc come soon please!

J3qcnBP.png
  • AllyxiaAllyxia Registered User regular
    AFTER DARK HEROICS!!

• RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
    It is wild that you didn't have seal of the dawn yet, heh

• bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    my trinket collection grows!
    71uejsgdwk45.jpg

soqsox8kxzhc.jpg

some good rng/dungeoning tonight

almost forgot how much i love 5 mans. tbc come soon please!

Yeah they're so much more zen when you're not taking, not gonna lie.

I caused so much havoc and it was great.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
    Rius wrote: »

its almost like i solo lvl'd a warrior to 60!

J3qcnBP.png
  • JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    Rius wrote: »

its almost like i solo lvl'd a warrior to 60!

idgi

• MortiousMortious The Nightmare Begins Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    Got Saph down to 5%. Feels like we'll down it next week.

But can I just say how much I hate world buffs and consumables.

Move to New Zealand
    It’s not a very important country most of the time
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/mortious
    I'm playing solo, Blizz, so yes--I am sure that I want to loot the demonic rune that I'm farming.

unknown.png

the trinkets continue

J3qcnBP.png
    Yoink!

• FrozenzenFrozenzen Registered User regular
    Mortious wrote: »
    Got Saph down to 5%. Feels like we'll down it next week.

But can I just say how much I hate world buffs and consumables.

I both love and hate world buffs.

We had our first real night on Sapph yesterday, with just horsmen left to kill before we get there. We lose wbuffs on horsemen to people not respecting Zeliek, and proceed to kill them on second try.

We do a few dry pulls on sapph with frost rest gear to get used to the flow of the fight and get people to understand how ice blocks work. We reliably get 1-2 flying phases and figure we might as well start going for real tries. We end up wiping at ~40-50% a whole bunch of times and then realize people are running out of shadow/frost prot pots and figure we have one try left before we're done for the night.

Then someone suggests we get new world buffs, and they know someone who can help reset nef. We proceed in getting new Hakkar buff, zanzas and nef buff and head back into Naxxramas. I'm expecting us to die horribly to some basic mistake since people have presumably lost focus while spending 30ish minutes running around the world.

And then....
    cskxgjxz0xfr.jpg

We had time for one pull on KT with some quick explanations of the fight and make it to 35% before we die. We lost ~15 people before that so it was no chance of a kill, but assuming we manage to get to sapph on our first raid day next reset I reckon we got a good chance of actually clearing Naxx. Which feels weird considering that we've got a bunch of fairly casual people in the guild, but perfect information and time to prepare mitigates a lot of the crazy grind Naxx is based around.

• ironzergironzerg Registered User regular
    Screenshots of a bunch of people around a dead dragon never, ever get old.

edited February 2021
    Ngl I was getting really frustrated with us all night backsliding on farm bosses we never struggled to learn, but then by the end we still had downed 7 bosses even with all the nonsense of the evening.

And now I have my BiS wand which jr made fun of but it's literally an 8 dps upgrade and the biggest pure upgrade in naxx outside of the two weapons. Now I just need to lock down a second piece of tier for loatheb and that would be so much easier if thaddius would ever drop one of the caster tokens God damn you giant man.

initiatefailure on
    edited February 2021
    Equally frustrated about the slip ups on the farm bosses esp since Faerlina wasn't too far away to break the MC, my dumb ass just kept running past her for some reason instead of stopping to sacrifice?

Felt pretty frazzled by the time we got to Patchwerk

edit: on a way more positive note, I got +healing to gloves today in an AQ20 run \o /

Allyxia on
  • ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    it's okay by next week i'll understand all these new mods i've never used before and remember how to play the game and i'll join up and save the guild

Allegedly a voice of reason.
    we did, without world buffs, what we normally do with them

if we can manage to not fuck around and the other tanks not fuck me on PW we should be okay and will probably get construct/spider/most of plague in a single day.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    bowen wrote: »
    we did, without world buffs, what we normally do with them

if we can manage to not fuck around and the other tanks not fuck me on PW we should be okay and will probably get construct/spider/most of plague in a single day.

ALSO STOP STANDING ON THE MC PRIEST ON FAERLINA AIEEEEEEEE

Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • Raiden333Raiden333 Registered User regular
    I dunno about your guys servers but this whole Chinese translation meme on the Fairbanks server has been the most entertaining thing.

The first I saw it was when "LF1M Tank for Scholo" was being advertised as "Recruiting Plump Soldier For Scary School [string of chinese characters]"

Then we saw Naxx being referred to as Spooky Sky Maze. Then this one tonight took me like a solid few minutes to figure out:
    unknown.png
    Mostly because I saw it while hanging out in Stormwind... And I haven't played AV in months...

There was a steam sig here. It's gone now.
  • BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    finally done with classic wow, did our last raid and making atiesh on tuesday

got this combo on the last (very messy) KT kill

8ebe3nm7ypen.png

Gothik bugs are bullshit

Allyxia wrote: »
    Gothik bugs are bullshit

We would've had him 3 fucking times.

• MortiousMortious The Nightmare Begins Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    Sapphiron down.

Unfortunately we didn't have time to attempt KT.

Move to New Zealand
    It’s not a very important country most of the time
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/mortious
  • BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    edited February 2021
    OK well my guild did not make Atiesh because apparently a large part of the main raiding core had planned to splinter to a TBC hardcore raiding guild for months and someone leaked it last night which blew up our discord with drama and I got to watch the guild literally implode before my eyes as we were getting ready for AQ40 (which never happened because people were too busy yelling at each other on comms and gquitting en masse)

Beasteh on
  • PellaeonPellaeon Registered User regular
    Beasteh wrote: »
    OK well my guild did not make Atiesh because apparently a large part of the main raiding core had planned to splinter to a TBC hardcore raiding guild for months and someone leaked it last night which blew up our discord with drama and I got to watch the guild literally implode before my eyes as we were getting ready for AQ40 (which never happened because people were too busy yelling at each other on comms and gquitting en masse)

Sounds like the classic experience to me!

• SmrtnikSmrtnik job boli zub Registered User regular
    Pellaeon wrote: »

Sounds like the classic experience to me!

Yeah I'm kind of bemused that the transition to TBC is 100% repeating itself. My vanilla guild was server first until Blizz opened up server transfers in early Naxx and all our 4pc warriors peaced out to more advanced guilds (we were on 4hm so we're just talking about guilds that got there sightly earlier). Then we rebuilt, reprogressed, a week or so before TBC dropped a bunch of the people that thought themselves more super serious than the rest turned a new 25m guild.

steam_sig.png
    Ooooooof

• FrozenzenFrozenzen Registered User regular
    15/15 last night, what a feeling. After a scuffed first raid this reset we recovered amazingly and started out with a sub 1 hour spider wing+horsemen kill. We proceed to oneshot sapph and ensure we get plenty of time to punch the lich.

First couple of tries were a mess, but after a while we started to get comfortable, but tired. We decide to take a break to regain focus... And someone points out that ony buff npc just got killed and that they have a heart parked by the NPC ready to go.

We do a surprisingly well organized rebuff, and take a break while flying back. It all pays off with an incredibly messy kill, but a kill nonetheless.

And of course we get some of the worst loot possible with might of menethil and plagueheart ring :p.

It does feel a bit weird to be done with the goal I had when I started playing classic. I'll stick around a while to farm and at least finish Atiesh for the one we gave it to and hopefully get some fun loot along the way. Considering atiesh 2 would probably be mine I'd love to finish that as well, but i doubt most people want to farm naxx that long.

What even is a hardcore TBC raiding guild? Everyone stacking drums?

edited February 2021
    honestly the most hardcore thing i can think of it getting everyone attuned week 1. maybe 1-night all of t4?

the everyone runs drums thing is a meme

initiatefailure on
    im planning on taking a week or more off for tbc launch

J3qcnBP.png
  • ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular

So you're saying everyone will be running drums then.

uyvfOQy.png
    If they don't nerf drum chaining then they're pants on head dumbasses

#nochanges was a terrible idea

Shit they didn't even NoChanges classic.

It's also weird how they completely ignored that warrior flask sets were patched out by naxx (v1.7)

edited February 2021
    Reynolds wrote: »

So you're saying everyone will be running drums then.

yes that seems accurate. everything not at the exact peak of meta is wrong and should feel bad

initiatefailure on
This discussion has been closed.