As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

iPod/iTouch questions from the US to UK

PompaPompa Registered User regular
hey all, im coming over to the states in afew months and i wanted to purchase an itouch. now i really wanted one for the plane journey (not my only reason, but it would help with the traveling) but i realised i could probably get one cheaper over in the states.

how much do they average over there? if i did buy one, would it work ok in the UK? i realise i would need a type of transformer for the charger but what about software? would that matter? any imcompatible problems? i havent owned an iPod before so apologies if this is pretty dumb questioning.

Pompa on

• Options
    ben0207ben0207 Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    The charger won't be a problem, you can charge it over USB.

In fact, there are no problems at all. Good choice by the way.

ben0207 on
  • Options
    JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    It has the same interface at the bottom of the iPod as any other one, which allows it to charge via USB and any other charging tools that you might find in the UK - I use my car adapter that was for my 3rd gen with my touch all the time.

The 8G iPod Touch costs $300, the 16G costs $400.

Software I don't believe should matter. Just what location your account would be in the iTunes Music Store.

Jragghen on
  • Options
    GrimReaperGrimReaper Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    While not a touch I bought my 8GB nano in New Zealand last year, had no problems whatsoever. The only problems you'll have is if you buy an iphone.

GrimReaper on
    PSN | Steam
    ---
    I've got a spare copy of Portal, if anyone wants it message me.
  • Options
    PompaPompa Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    thanks for the help much appreciated.

is it really $300 for the 8GB though? thats about £150. i can get one for £180. hmm not much of a saving as i thought.

Pompa on