As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Extraction. Exploitation. Tubes. [Satisfactory]

• ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    edited February 2021
    oh yeah there are no actual leaks in coffee stain stuff

Shorty on
  • 3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    Nothing like booting up a save you haven't played in 6 months in anticipation of the new content and going "hang on a second what was I doing here" :D

• Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    edited February 2021
    Ugh, I just realized I royally fucked up.

I've spent the last.. who knows how long setting up a nuclear power plant. And not just any power plant, but one that would fully utilize an entire overclocked uranium node, which would be 30 nuclear power plants, for a whopping 75 gigawatts of power; more power than I could ever need. I have just about everything ready to go, I just need to get quickwire production up so I can make AI Limiters for the Electromagnetic Control Rods and then I just need to make the nuclear fuel rods, at which point i can start banking those while I work on the plant setup. I had the great idea to build it over a pit so I could sink the nuclear waste far, far below the gound.

Only problem is the place that I'm building has no water and I completely forgot that the plants not only use water, but 300m/s of water, so even a mark 2 pipe can only feed two plants, meaning I'd have to string like 15 pipes from pretty far distances away in order to pull this off; or do the thing I really didn't want to do and ship radioactive materials back and forth accross the map.

Real bummer here. I'm guessing I'm just going to setup up a handful of plants for now and expand as needed. Anytime I need more power, time to string more water pipes, I guess.

Though maybe UPdate 4 will put a water node somewhere near me and solve some of my issues.

Undead Scottsman on
  • 3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    Ugh, I just realized I royally fucked up.

I've spent the last.. who knows how long setting up a nuclear power plant. And not just any power plant, but one that would fully utilize an entire overclocked uranium node, which would be 30 nuclear power plants, for a whopping 75 gigawatts of power; more power than I could ever need. I have just about everything ready to go, I just need to get quickwire production up so I can make AI Limiters for the Electromagnetic Control Rods and then I just need to make the nuclear fuel rods, at which point i can start banking those while I work on the plant setup. I had the great idea to build it over a pit so I could sink the nuclear waste far, far below the gound.

Only problem is the place that I'm building has no water and I completely forgot that the plants not only use water, but 300m/s of water, so even a mark 2 pipe can only feed two plants, meaning I'd have to string like 15 pipes from pretty far distances away in order to pull this off; or do the thing I really didn't want to do and ship radioactive materials back and forth accross the map.

Real bummer here. I'm guessing I'm just going to setup up a handful of plants for now and expand as needed. Anytime I need more power, time to string more water pipes, I guess.

Though maybe UPdate 4 will put a water node somewhere near me and solve some of my issues.

You could always package water, ship the packaged water, and then unpack and feed it to the reactor. Cumbersome, but definitely easier than transporting fluids long distances.

• MulletudeMulletude Registered User regular
    edited February 2021
    The biggest problem is what to do with all that radioactive waste.

Mulletude on
    XBL-Dug Danger WiiU-DugDanger Steam-http://steamcommunity.com/id/DugDanger/
  • KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    Radioactive death train looping the entire map

2x39jD4.jpg
    https://youtu.be/IB0g5OlelFM

Batteries and power management, gimme gimme.

I just want the new aluminum stuff in game so I can actually progress again, I'm not working on it until they add that so I'm just chilling in my save right now.

• ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    Yes, I would like more spinny-glowy things, please and thank you.

• RT800RT800 Registered User regular
    Is there a way to mass-delete stuff?

Not like... recycle it into little boxes, but just have it all go straight into the trash?

• PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    RT800 wrote: »

Not like... recycle it into little boxes, but just have it all go straight into the trash?

There's no way to dismantle a building and not get the resources back, no.

The little box only shows up if you don't have space for the resources in your inventory.

If you for some reason don't want those resources back, the main ways of deleting them is through the inventory screen or feeding them to the Awesome Sink.

If you just want to delete buildings and don't want boxes making clutter, clear out your inventory first.

• MysstMysst King Monkey of Hedonism IslandRegistered User regular
    there's mods for that, too

ikbUJdU.jpg
    edited February 2021
    9D2BD89A3931A55601BD573E6E5DF1794E612EDC

:whistle: I'm nuclear! I'm wild! :whistle:

Finally got my Nuclear setup up and running. Like an idiot I decided to build with a fully maximized Uranium node in mind, even though I don't need more than a fraction of that much power. Especially bit me in the ass when the nuclear fuel rod production started killing my power before I had the reactors ready to go. Burned a lot of biofuel to keep the lights on temporarily. I should have started smaller, but I figured I'd do this once and then expand as needed. Right now I only have two reactors going, but all I need to do to get more up is pipe in some water and hook up the feeds.

I was a little worried I'd have to put some of the reactors elsewhere, but I managed to just barely squeeze in all 30. It's a tight fit, and there's massive radioactivity on one side and a posion cloud on the other, which is how I learned the Hazmat suit doesn't protect from poison gas for some reason. Also, they really, REALLY need to let you equip two things at once, even if it's just one protection item and one mobility item. Sucks having to choose between dying of radiation or dying from fall damage. :biggrin:

7BDD4ADD009882B31FE61E9AC9698EAAF8B67A53

I'm routing all of the nuclear waste down below, here's the crawlspace where the routing happens. Why did I build down below?

72ED22233A8FD665BCE1EB6F39F078448DCBE6D0

Because I built the entire thing over a huge pit, and then built down deep into the pit until I started taking damage and put the floor just above it. I somehow never fell into the pit before I sealed it off entirely. As you can see, I have an incredible amount of room to grow, and even space to build processing facilities depending on what you can do with nuclear waste in Update 4.

This was basically my last big project. I think I might turn one of my auxerillery sites into a production facility for making milestone components, so I can store up a bunch and then start sinking them. My turbomotor and supercomputer storage is full, so I'm just dunking the extras into the sink as fast as they come. I think I'm getting 1.3 million per minute right now.

Undead Scottsman on
    Peewi wrote: »

There's no way to dismantle a building and not get the resources back, no.

The little box only shows up if you don't have space for the resources in your inventory.

If you for some reason don't want those resources back, the main ways of deleting them is through the inventory screen or feeding them to the Awesome Sink.

If you just want to delete buildings and don't want boxes making clutter, clear out your inventory first.

IIRC, you can delete stuff via the Satisfactory Calculator's save upload feature.
    https://satisfactory-calculator.com/

Genuinely might be the best third party utility for a videogame I've ever used, outside of like WoW.

I finally got around to building an HQ/command center building up the hill from my current main factory so that I'm not scurrying around in the bowels of my factory to get materials. Redid some of my hypertubes to have a central depot, too, and also got around to using the two boulder'd coal nodes near my existing coal plant so I was able to add 40 new coal generators (Mark 2 pipes really came in handy there).

It's funny looking at and contrasting the old coal plant, which I set up maybe 15 or 20 hours in, with the new one that I made around the 100 hour mark last night.

Next: using Mark 2 pipes to completely rejigger my oil refinery, since I have at least two underutilized Pure nodes there.

• ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    it really is a big deal to have all the parts you need for making buildings easily accessible and in one place

the first goal of any factory should be setting up a supply room that refills automatically

My main issue is getting everything where it needs to go.

Building the factory is the easy part. It's getting all the parts TO the factory that I struggle with.

I have four different trains delivering parts to my heavy modular frame factory and I don't like it.

Yeah, I had a central storage hub at this factory already but I put it in a stupid place so actually going back and forth to get materials was a pain. Having a hypertube to/from where I'm presently building right next to my storage containers and crafting bench/equipment workshop in the new building is really nice.

My main issue is getting everything where it needs to go.

Building the factory is the easy part. It's getting all the parts TO the factory that I struggle with.

I have four different trains delivering parts to my heavy modular frame factory and I don't like it.

See I actually find the logistical challenge of that stuff interesting but different strokes I expect.

edited February 2021
    I enjoy trying to figure out the logistics. I'm just bad at it.

Like.... four trains to make one thing. It works, but the thing I dislike is that it's so inelegant.

Maybe I can fix it but it requires so much deletion. Hence my previous question about mass-deleting things.

RT800 on
  • TynnanTynnan seldom correct, never unsure Registered User regular
    oh if you hold... control? while you use the dismantle tool, you can delete up to 50 objects at once

Hold control and sweep to add everything you mouseover, or just press it once per object to add specific things to the queue, then you can dismantle up to 50 things at once. It will also dismantle whatever you're looking at when you do it so be careful.

Okay, I finished the spreadsheet about my upcoming Project Assembly part factory. It'll just take 113 constructors, 42 assemblers, 6 manufactacturors and 12 refineries.

Plus who knows how many smelters and foundries.

how many parts/min are you shooting for?

6/min Smart Plating (4/min used for Modular Engines)
    5/min Versatile Framework
    17.5/min Automated Wiring (15/min for Adaptive Control Units)
    2/min Modular Engines
    2/min Adaptive Control Units

I would have done more, but it will already be a big undertaking to get that much.

https://youtu.be/Tmpors_r_Vw

New video explaining some of the new power changes coming in Update 4. The two big things of note, IMO

1. Geothermal will now give between 100 and 300 megawatts of power, averaging 200. This was done to make them more interesting and give another reason for the upcoming battery building
    2. With the exception of Biomass burners, ALL POWER GENERATION WILL BE AT 100% AT ALL TIMES! So this will help stabilize, say, using oil byproduct for energy usage, or using fuel byproduct for resin generation. I don't like what this might do for nuclear waste generation, but hopefully they'll give us tools to deal with that.

They did say this update will add a process for nuclear waste so yeah.

I love that change too. Will make it way more feasible to generate plastic or rubber and fuel from the same well.

• webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular
    I like how he talks about how batteries are useful. It changes the build process. Now you can build the cool factory part and get it producing and running on battery power then go and upgrade your power grid. Previously you'd have to do all the power upgrading before bringing the new factory section online. That makes sense right there.

Steam ID: Webguy20
    Origin ID: Discgolfer27
    Untappd ID: Discgolfer1981
    kibz takes a tour through a save with about 2000 hours of build time and spends the next twenty minutes losing his damn mind

https://youtu.be/PfnSlsqyhgA

there is some extremely cool stuff in here

I'm genuinely scared to watch that.

• webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular
    I'm watching it right now and I'm legit impressed. Like WOW. The work done is top notch.

there's a lot to be impressed by but one of the main things for me is how high the framerate is. typically once you have the number of objects in the world that you need to fully utilize the map, the game becomes unplayable.

That is very cool although it has to be a modded save, right? You can't normally build underwater like that unless I'm just dumb.

3clips3 wrote: »
    That is very cool although it has to be a modded save, right? You can't normally build underwater like that unless I'm just dumb.

There's terrain and building glitches that let you build underwater. I'm sure there were mods in play though.

she definitely used some mods but I don't think she used anything that added any placeable objects or changed the way building works

https://youtu.be/F-q3vfj__M4

Update 4 coming March 19th.

Update 4 seems very juicy indeed.

you can see the inputs on a new building at 0:38

edited March 2021
    Okay, so we have

-Uranium going into a Blender with Sulfuric Acid
    -Then we have hte ouput of that (?) going into a manufacturor with encased steel beams and electromagnetic control rods
    -That seems to produce the nuclear fuel rods, which get turned into energy and nuclear waste
    -Nuclear waste gets blended with silicon with and two liquids to make ?1?
    -?2? (Might be ?1? ) gets manufactured with concrete to produce ?3?
    -?3? gets blended with water? to make a different kind of toxic waste?

Undead Scottsman on