As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

PM list is formatted like an expanded group of nested comments

spool32spool32 Contrary LibraryRegistered User regular
I can't really show you a screenshot without putting the first line of dozens of PMs into a thread, but it looks like this:

PM1 - yes hello this is a line in a PM it goes on for the complete first line of the PM
___PM2 - doot doot this is the second PM and goes on for the complete first line of the PM too
______PM3 - greetings we regret to inform you that your social security number has been scrambled

and on and on in a tree like that until it's smashed against the righthand edge, then it begins again.

• Options
    spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    I should say I'm using Chrome v88.0.4324.146

• Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    Please send me a long enough PM that it would trigger this.

• Options
    Jam WarriorJam Warrior Registered User regular
    edited February 2021
    It's not about length of a single message. These are all unrelated PM threads from a section of my 'All Message' page that I'm happy sharing. Chrome on PC.
    2xxdjr5zdb60.png

Jam Warrior on
    MhCw7nZ.gif
  • Options
    Yeah I can replicate this. Shit.

• Options
    SeñorAmorSeñorAmor !!! Registered User regular
    Looks like there's a floating element that isn't properly cleared around.

• Options
    CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    Same problem, Chrome Version 88.0.4324.150 (Official Build) (64-bit).

For a test, I tried it on Firefox ver 84.0.1 (32-bit) and it happens there as well.

For clarification, when you click the dropdown messages appear normally:
    hg3mzo8dacf8.jpg

Then if you click "all messages" to find a message that isn't in the dropdown, you get the cascade:
    vokr8hlfr4wn.jpg

"If you divide the whole world into just enemies and friends, you'll end up destroying everything" --Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind
  • Options
    BarrakkethBarrakketh Registered User regular
    edited February 2021
    SeñorAmor wrote: »
    Looks like there's a floating element that isn't properly cleared around.
    I was just peeking around, the problem seems to be with:
    .Condensed .Title, .Condensed a.Title {
    	display: inline;
    	padding: 0;
    }

Specifically that 'display: inline;' rule. Disabling it makes the list look right for me. Tested in Firefox 85.0.2.

EDIT: The elements this seems to be targeting can be found with the 'h3.Users.Title' selector.

Barrakketh on
    Rollers are red, chargers are blue....omae wa mou shindeiru
  • Options
    This should be fixed now.