As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Moment of the Week 1/23/08 - in which I have naughty thoughts about Ed Brubaker

124»

• Options
    Unco-ordinatedUnco-ordinated NZRegistered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Fencingsax wrote: »
    I was saying No to your question, interpreting what I meant. I've seen intermittent scans on S_D, so I'm not sure what's going on exactly, but the most recent episode I recall (besides SG leaving the Titans because WG still misses Conner oh so much:roll:) is the one where there's actually a brilliant little interaction between Batman and her (he sends her an empty box that's Super Vision-proof) and then she goes off into space and there's no more talking. So yeah, it's probably better than it was, but she and WG are still only differentiated by their costumes. (godsdamn, flyers should not be wearing skirts. especially short skirts)

That was a couple of months ago (I was wrong btw, Puckett has only released three issues), but yeah, the second issue ended that storyline and then re-established her origin (where Zor-El wasn't completely insane). Third issue has her dealing with that and then duking it out with Reactron. It's been pretty good, reminds me a bit of his Batgirl run.

And yeah she still looks pretty similar to Wonder Girl but what can ya do? Give one of them a haircut?

Unco-ordinated on
    Steam ID - LiquidSolid170 | PSN ID - LiquidSolid
  • Options
    KVWKVW Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Are you saying the issue Puckett did where Supergirl gets called for help by Superman in the middle of some mass Green Lantern army defending against aliens (which was during Sinestro Corps War, but these guys werent the Sinestro Corps)? The same issue she spends 15 pages flying through space with no dialogue, no action, no story? Where she gets to the last page, she finds out nothing, bracelet warps her home and she gets in teh shower, then decides to go in another portal that came out of nowhere? That's one of the good issues?

The only good part was the first couple pages where Batman pranks her with a leadbox present. The rest was nonsensical at best.

KVW on
  • Options
    SalmonOfDoubtSalmonOfDoubt Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    KVW wrote: »
    Are you saying the issue Puckett did where Supergirl gets called for help by Superman in the middle of some mass Green Lantern army defending against aliens (which was during Sinestro Corps War, but these guys werent the Sinestro Corps)? The same issue she spends 15 pages flying through space with no dialogue, no action, no story? Where she gets to the last page, she finds out nothing, bracelet warps her home and she gets in teh shower, then decides to go in another portal that came out of nowhere? That's one of the good issues?

The only good part was the first couple pages where Batman pranks her with a leadbox present. The rest was nonsensical at best.

That issue was a surrelist mastepiece.

SalmonOfDoubt on
    heavensidesig80.jpg
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    killing children would be hilarious
    Olivaw wrote: »
    HELLO AND WELCOME TO THE PENNY ARCADE FORUMS

PLEASE ENJOY YOUR STAY

AND THIS PENIS
    Man, I don't want to read about this lady's broken vagina.
    NotACrook wrote: »
    I am sitting here trying to come up with a tiered system for rating child molesters.
    cock vore is fuckin hilarious
  • Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    edited January 2008

See, this is what I was trying to say, but I've only seen scans.

Fencingsax on
  • Options
    Desktop HippieDesktop Hippie Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    The same issue she spends 15 pages flying through space with no dialogue, no action, no story?

Wait... 15 pages of her flying through space? Like, panels and panels of Supergirl in space? For 15 pages? There must have been something?!?

Desktop Hippie on
  • Options
    bobgorilabobgorila Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    The same issue she spends 15 pages flying through space with no dialogue, no action, no story?

Wait... 15 pages of her flying through space? Like, panels and panels of Supergirl in space? For 15 pages? There must have been something?!?

Not really, no.

OK, so issue 1 of this story starts with the lead box thing, then a SC crossover gets going and the GLs send Kara into space to track some ship. Many pages of her tracking it silently through a space-battle. She messes up, gets ported back home, tells everyone she fucked up, Clark looks all forlorn, the lanterns seem pissed off. Kara goes home, is about to take a shower, has an idea, re-opens portal to space (did the Green lanterns not take the portal-ma-bob thing back?)... end of comic.

Next issue starts with her in her bathroom, about to leave, taking a massive breath... Clark comes in, she explains her idea of using her telescopic vision and x-ray vision at the same time, Clark is all "wow, that's amazing. Personally I found it using lensed light a few hours ago, but your idea was also good..." Then he uses some big green ring-construct telescope a kindly GL built to show her Krypton (or possibly Argos, I forget) from before it was destroyed.

bobgorila on
    I like my women how I like my coffee.

Anally.
  • Options
    SalmonOfDoubtSalmonOfDoubt Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    bobgorila wrote: »

Not really, no.

OK, so issue 1 of this story starts with the lead box thing, then a SC crossover gets going and the GLs send Kara into space to track some ship. Many pages of her tracking it silently through a space-battle. She messes up, gets ported back home, tells everyone she fucked up, Clark looks all forlorn, the lanterns seem pissed off. Kara goes home, is about to take a shower, has an idea, re-opens portal to space (did the Green lanterns not take the portal-ma-bob thing back?)... end of comic.

Next issue starts with her in her bathroom, about to leave, taking a massive breath... Clark comes in, she explains her idea of using her telescopic vision and x-ray vision at the same time, Clark is all "wow, that's amazing. Personally I found it using lensed light a few hours ago, but your idea was also good..." Then he uses some big green ring-construct telescope a kindly GL built to show her Krypton (or possibly Argos, I forget) from before it was destroyed.

The best part is when they're back in her flat and she says, totally out of nowhere, something about how his mother used to sing to him and he's all "What the fuck are you babbling about now"

Supergirl was actually a pretty fun character in Brave and the Bold, though.

SalmonOfDoubt on
    heavensidesig80.jpg
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    killing children would be hilarious
    Olivaw wrote: »
    HELLO AND WELCOME TO THE PENNY ARCADE FORUMS

PLEASE ENJOY YOUR STAY

AND THIS PENIS
    Man, I don't want to read about this lady's broken vagina.
    NotACrook wrote: »
    I am sitting here trying to come up with a tiered system for rating child molesters.
    cock vore is fuckin hilarious