As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Zakrello Appreciation Thread [Gunpla]

• Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    edited February 2021
    My backlog is still massive.

Do I get the RG Wing Zero (TV Version)? I already have the MG Ver. Ka... but I really like the opening wings.

Edit: Stupid TOTP.

Here's the full list of preorders. I might get the Eevee.

HGAC Gundam Deathscythe (TV Ver.)
    Real Grade Gundam Wing (TV Ver.)
    1/100 Full Mechanics Calamity Gundam
    Real Grade Evangelion Mark.06
    Figure-rise Standard Dukemon/Gallantmon
    Figure-rise Standard Metalgarurumon (Black Ver.)
    Eevee (Sleeping Pose) Quick!! Model Kit
    Entry Grade Kirby
    High Grade Cybuster

Athenor on
    He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    Doctor DetroitDoctor Detroit Registered User regular
    So out of the...3(?) RG Wing kits, I guess this will be the one to get.

• Options
    Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    I ordered a Supernova Zoid. Or two. Got the Hayate and Mugen, but the Murasame is sold out everywhere, seems like.

Learned that all 3 of those Ligers are the same mech, just powered up! Neat. It turns from blue, to red, to white n gold. That makes the red joint covers on the final white n gold one kinda stand out, as the red and blue variants sort of mirror each other, so think I'll repaint em gold on the Mugen?

Unrelated, I wanna get into scribing new panel lines! Any of y'all do that stuff?

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
  • Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    More dusting! Including some of my oldest models.

It makes a HUGE difference in their luster and color and such. Damn.

Looking at it, though, I super want to panel line at least the Blade Liger. There's so much detail hidden in that red. Buuuuut I have one project going on and I need to build the willpower to continue IT.

Jg7JqNoh.jpg

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    TNTrooperTNTrooper Registered User regular

This looks like it came straight out of G Gundam.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    LanzLanz ...Za?Registered User regular
    Honestly, it’s toned down compared to Neo-Spain’s Matador Gundam
    6gpr1hhyc6fv.png

waNkm4k.jpg?1
  • Options
    LasbrookLasbrook It takes a lot to make a stew When it comes to me and youRegistered User regular
    The virgin Ushi gundam vs. the chad Matador gundam.

• Options
    I will say this about decals on a PG vs. Decals on a MG: Because the surface area is so much larger, the decals don't stand out as much and take up as much room... if that makes sense? Like they are more hints of red, versus overwhelming the white of the whole figure.

• Options
    IanatorIanator Gaze upon my works, ye mighty and facepalm.Registered User regular
    I would say "Oh, Okawara-san, never change" but I'm pretty sure his style will never not be recognizable.

Seriously. He's the guest designer for an upcoming Frame Arms kit, the Shingen, and the box art is straight out of an MSV artbook.

steam_sig.png
    Twitch | Blizzard: Ianator#1479 | 3DS: Ianator - 1779 2336 5317 | FFXIV: Iana Ateliere (NA Sarg)
    Backlog Challenge List
  • Options
    More mecha need flintlock pistols and rifles.

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    random non-gundam kitbashing stuff but looks cool as hell

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    HefflingHeffling No Pic EverRegistered User regular
    Athenor wrote: »
    More mecha need flintlock pistols and rifles.

The MG Shin Musha has both.

• Options
    edited February 2021
    Chipping away! Chip chip chip...

NoDP1F6.jpg

Edit: I just finished decal set 81 by the looks of it. I have one more bank of the medium circle warning thingies, and then onto some straight-up warning text and then the paint squares (and the long warning stuff).

Oh, and the second sheet I cut off of this one, but that should go fast? Maybe?

Athenor on
  • Options
    IanatorIanator Gaze upon my works, ye mighty and facepalm.Registered User regular
    Yus, my Core Gundams II are finally on the way! Also four bases (because can you ever really have enough?) and two Kobukiya weapon packs!

also also a Mobile Doll Sarah

steam_sig.png
    Twitch | Blizzard: Ianator#1479 | 3DS: Ianator - 1779 2336 5317 | FFXIV: Iana Ateliere (NA Sarg)
    Backlog Challenge List
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    Oh fuck! I was afraid of this, but I was hoping....

I was doing my next section of dusting (I'm trying to keep it to a couple square feet of shelf space a day while I'm building the habit), and I found out that the rubbery-plastic ammo belt for my Dark Horn has snapped, almost completely through.

h5MZ1ATl.jpg

81hyGO8l.jpg

This piece was supposed to have a nice, gentle curve through it. And it looks like it wasn't happy. All my other models with belts like this either have the curve already baked into the piece, or they use a wire & plastic bits.

So yeah... bummed. Mostly because I know there's no effin' way I'm gonna get Koto to send me a replacement, and I have no clue how to repair it.

..... Do any of you know how to repair that?

Edit: In retrospect, I wonder if I panel lined that piece.

Athenor on
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Kind of
    It depends on the look you want and if you want to drill and pin it

• Options
    The sudden concept of re-drilling the whole thing and running wires through it comes to mind. :D

• Options
    The sudden concept of re-drilling the whole thing and running wires through it comes to mind. :D

What I would do is cut it into sections then drill two holes and run a thin brass rod through, bent to the desired curve. Wire works too, but I find wire more finicky to deal with.

• Options
    edited February 2021
    I think the Lightning Gundam got a reprint because my local store got a couple.

Time for another MSPaint color plan!

Qfj3lji.png

Original on the right, my scheme on the left. Trying to use the colors I actually have on hand with a minimum of buying more.

Ianator on
    steam_sig.png
    Backlog Challenge List
  • Options
    Look at this bullshit of a decal!

bdgy4Cjh.jpg

... okay, it could be worse. Because it is perfectly framed on either side by high contrast parts, it's easy to line it up. And technically the outside ones are gonna be covered up. But still! It doesn't really fit where it's supposed to go!

• Options
    vzewyjo.jpg

Wish the pic wasn't so washed out with light, but the colors are coming out great!

steam_sig.png
    Backlog Challenge List
  • Options
    Today's WIP:
    NQ7oy1w.jpg

Arms basically done! Those long notches on the lower arms are supposed to have yellow decals gold paint that I completely forgot to apply before sealing. The Testors grey also looks thicker on the plastic than I was expecting, though the color itself is perfect for the scheme.

steam_sig.png
    Backlog Challenge List
  • Options
    miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
  • Options
    LasbrookLasbrook It takes a lot to make a stew When it comes to me and youRegistered User regular
    Hah, I was just coming to post that. So it’s obviously a paint job for the most part but if that bottom half isn’t actual icing I’m damn impressed.

• Options
    @Whippy

This seems 100% up your alley.

• Options
    turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular
    wanna eat it

X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    DelduwathDelduwath Registered User regular
    Lasbrook wrote: »
    Hah, I was just coming to post that. So it’s obviously a paint job for the most part but if that bottom half isn’t actual icing I’m damn impressed.
    That doesn't look like a paint job to me.

• Options
    LanzLanz ...Za?Registered User regular
    Please do not eat Haro

waNkm4k.jpg?1
  • Options
    MechMantisMechMantis Registered User regular
    Lanz wrote: »
    Please do not eat Haro

I do what I want

On an unrelated note does anyone know a good dentist

• Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    Delduwath wrote: »
    Lasbrook wrote: »
    That doesn't look like a paint job to me.

After Cup Noodles gunpla, I'm not trusting anything.

• Options
    DelduwathDelduwath Registered User regular
    That's a special case, because the Cup Noodles Gunpla was made in the same factory, in the same way, as regular Cup Noodles.

I know this as a person who has eaten both Cup Noodles and Cup Noodles Gunpla.

• Options
    turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular
    You're supposed to put hot water on them

X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    Snow days make good days to work on decals. But after 3-4 hours I really needed to take a break.

MKwGhXFh.jpg

I really am worried about lining up the parts of the tanks when I get to that step. Everything else, there's usually a relative point I can use for centering or for reference, to make sure I got it. But these big boosters are just massive empty planes. I'm a little worried about the shields too, but those are at least somewhat asymmetrical on the Unicorn logo.

• Options
    @Athenor use tape as a guide.

• Options
    Heffling wrote: »
    Athenor use tape as a guide.

Offset I assume?

Also I counted - 34 decals today. so even while being distracted/watching other things, that's roughly 12 decals an hour or so, or a decal every 5 minutes. Sounds about right.

• Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    I know this is the gunpla mostly thread with some other models
    It is quite annoying that for years I have looked for Japanese and US WW2 subs only to find them rarely
    Looking for WW1 and Late 1890-WW1 ships is also something you will run into either not quite right or museum quality models

• Options
    Heffling wrote: »
    Athenor use tape as a guide.

Offset I assume?

Also I counted - 34 decals today. so even while being distracted/watching other things, that's roughly 12 decals an hour or so, or a decal every 5 minutes. Sounds about right.

Yes. Use it to Create guidelines.

• Options
    Vann DirasVann Diras Registered User regular
    I did not order nearly enough paint dang I’ve only gotten through the legs and one arm

This discussion has been closed.