As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[WoW Classic] Wrath of the Lich King is Live!

RoeRoe Always to the EastRegistered User regular
edited October 2022 in MMO Extravaganza
wow-classic.jpg

WoW classic launched with thousands of players reliving the Classic WoW content. Blizzard released Burning Crusade Classic as a follow-up to the Vanilla rerelease of World of Warcraft.

Now Blizzard announced that they are releasing the WoW Classic expansion Wrath of the Lich King Classic in the near future.

WoW-Wrath-of-the-Lich-King-Classic-is-unveiled-in.png

PA Guild info:
Alliance PVE - Pagle (Reforged Daggers)
Alliance PVP - Fairbanks (Schizzo of Exuberance)
Horde PVP - Fairbanks (Booty Bay Boys)
Alliance PVP - Fairbanks (Startlingly Retro)

oHw5R0V.jpg
Roe on

• Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    New Guild is "Reforged Daggers" for the Alliance PVE on Pagle @Roe

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    MercadeMercade Registered User regular
    Opening Ceremony for BlizzConline is Friday, Feb. 19th @ 2pm PST, straight into the WoW panel. Expect a TBC announcement then, as any retail expansion announcement is quite unlikely.

I'm hyped. Already prepping bags/leveling gear for my future spacegoat shaman. Unsure if that'll be my main, but will likely mostly stick to healing for the most part. Might also give prot warrior a go again, since deep prot gets pretty fun by 70.

Switch: SW-1909-0466-9585
  • Options
    gosh I hope so or I'm going to have to play on a pserver

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    jmcdonaldjmcdonald I voted, did you? DC(ish)Registered User regular
    Dibs on warglaives as I never got the main hand in retail.

@Rius

• Options
    RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
  • Options
    AllyxiaAllyxia Registered User regular
    Shadow shadow shadow shadow shadow

Gimme my emo priest powers

• Options
    TurksonTurkson Near the mountains of ColoradoRegistered User regular
    Yes! Gimme them protection paladins!

oh h*ck
  • Options
    JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    so what game we doin next year if blizzard doesn't announce bc

• Options
    I mean if there's no TBC I'm going back to FFXIV prolly

• Options
    enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    Loatheb is an expensive jerk. Next week we'll get him.

Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • Options
    13% without world buffs with only 39 people and no TF on our first real night of attempts, that's pretty awesome

If only it hadn't cost us so much gold, lol. Next week it should be much cheaper.

• Options
    Allyxia wrote: »

I might join you; I liked FFXI back in the day

• Options
    edited February 2021
    Rius wrote: »

I might join you; I liked FFXI back in the day

There's a bunch of PA peeps on the Sargatanas server!! Also a lot of XI easter eggs/models reused :D

Allyxia on
  • Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    and now that the free trial now includes Heavensward™ and goes up to level 60, there's never been a better time to try Final Fantasy™ XIV: A Realm Reborn®

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    FrozenzenFrozenzen Registered User regular
    Rius wrote: »
    13% without world buffs with only 39 people and no TF on our first real night of attempts, that's pretty awesome

If only it hadn't cost us so much gold, lol. Next week it should be much cheaper.

Honestly, loatheb is best practiced with no consumes until you reliably die from impendling doom. Then you throw money at him, and either oneshot him or come back with WBs.

The fight is linear enough that you'll probably know whether you can kill him or not with in one try (unless you get a tank death or something).

• Options
    edited February 2021
    Yeah we did, that was after 5-6 practice attempts to get the rotation and such down.

1 person short and missing our thunderfury, that would've cinched it for us (it was sub 10% wasn't it?)

Edit: yeah we got him to 7% on the final attempt

bowen on
  • Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited February 2021
    Jasconius wrote: »
    I don’t think Activision would allow that. They’d lose a decent chunk of subs of people who play just Classic and feel largely finished with the game.

Sterica on
    YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    They'd be stupid not to.

But they also announced Diablo Immortal as their big game announcement at a blizzcon once too, so who the heck knows.

• Options
    edited February 2021
    Sterica wrote: »
    Jasconius wrote: »
    I don’t think Activision would allow that. They’d lose a decent chunk of subs of people who play just Classic and feel largely finished with the game.

i am aware. i'm not suggesting they aren't going to do it

i just like to make light of the fact that people at every level of classic are currently making all sorts of grand gestures and plans on the premise of something that hasn't even be whispered at all yet

and i would take some amount of joy at the expense of the people, who are already carving up their naxx guilds game-of-thrones style to situate themselves for T4, who have burnt all those bridges for nothing

Jasconius on
  • Options
    SmrtnikSmrtnik job boli zub Registered User regular
    I mean literally the same thing happened back in 2006.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    I'm continually curious how Jasc seems to have his finger on the pulse of wow classic guilds despite not having logged in for literal months

How do you do it, Jasc

• Options
    well... i have a computer and its connected to the internet

and i have extensive training on how to read these weird shapes that come up on the websites

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    I don't think they're going to not do it but it WOULD be pretty schadenfreud-y if they didn't announce BC classic and all the guild drama was for naught

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    I don't think they're going to not do it but it WOULD be pretty schadenfreud-y if they didn't announce BC classic and all the guild drama was for naught

A small footnote in their closing event.

Or wait until the very last minute and go, "I hope we didn't forget anything... oh WAIT, TBC CLASSIC COMING IN 3 MONTHS"

• Options
    i think its highly likely they will do it, for all the clear reasons. although I do consider the "oh its DEFINITELY in [insert month here]" a bit presumptuous

retail runs the show and I'm sure there is massive internal dogfighting about what classic represents in terms of a challenge to retail's success

nobody can dispute the overlap of the playerbase. if they did anything but purposefully holster it until shadowlands starts to stumble then that would be a pleasant surprise

BUT, with that being said, I want vanilla freshes on Feb 22nd at 5PM eastern or riot

• Options
    Kai_SanKai_San Commonly known as Klineshrike! Registered User regular
    There are signs of TBC in like everything released so far for the online con.

It will be announced in 4 days. There is absolutely no question.

The only question is how long until its released. Also, how will it go down?

I am curious from the perspective of someone who didn't do classic. I want to do TBC assuming I can do so along with retail. I am just not sure if I can do the leveling.

I THINK they reduced the 1-60 leveling exp during the TBC lifespan right? Can't remember if it was then or in WOTLK. Otherwise adding TBC time to the already super long Classic time would be megaugh.

• Options
    It was later I think. But if you go to an existing guild, there's going to be a ton of shaman/paladin power leveling going on anyway.

• Options
    Kai_SanKai_San Commonly known as Klineshrike! Registered User regular
    Ehhhhh, no amount of power leveling can make that reasonable though. TBC leveling wasn't too far off from Vanilla and the one thing about classic killing me was the leveling. If I had done it when it was fresh and finished it might have been ok. But I can't level without dungeons, and dungeons became a horrow show in Classic once people were at endgame.

Like when TBC came out I was still young enough to have all the time in the world. I still paid someone to level me a 60 paladin. I just couldn't do it.

• Options
    You'll probably get a lot of hilarious 5 shaman dungeons in tbc

Just like hellfire ramparts was 4 DKs and one healer for years in retail

• Options
    TurambarTurambar Independent Registered User regular
    The made leveling faster in 2.3, the Zul'Aman patch

"Many leveling improvements have been made for the old world.

* The amount of experience needed to gain a level has been decreased between levels 20 and 60. In addition, the amount of experience granted by quests has been increased between levels 30 and 60.
    * Level 1-60 dungeon quests have had their experience and faction rewards increased.
    * Many elite creatures and quests in the level 1-60 experience have been changed to accommodate solo play."
    https://wowwiki-archive.fandom.com/wiki/Patch_2.3.0

Hopefully we get the final patch 2.4.3 from the start like with Classic, though with content being gated

Steam: turamb | Origin: Turamb | 3DS: 3411-1109-4537 | NNID: Turambar | Warframe(PC): Turamb
  • Options
    MercadeMercade Registered User regular
    Turambar wrote: »
    Hopefully we get the final patch 2.4.3 from the start like with Classic, though with content being gated

I think/hope this will be the case. As someone who just leveled his third 60, with several 40s/30s/lowbies as well, and who plans to level a shaman to 70, I would very much welcome shorter leveling.

I don't think there's any reason to believe they won't do TBC. Getting the content restored, beta tested, and online will surely be an easier task than it was for vanilla. I'm less convinced that fresh vanilla realms would be successful, unless they introduced a hardcore mode or something (no boosts, no solo farming DM, non-stackable WBs, etc.)

Switch: SW-1909-0466-9585
  • Options
    FrozenzenFrozenzen Registered User regular
    I really want 2.0 heroics with 2.1 and onwards consumables/raids.

Which is extremely unlikely, best case is probably 2.4 overall. And worst case is 2.0 which makes raiding an insane slog due to being naxx, but more grind.

• Options
    AQ40 gdkp: walked away with false prophet, shadow power to gloves, threat to gloves, subtlety to cloak

FUUUUUUUUCK????

• Options
    AQ40 gdkp: walked away with false prophet, shadow power to gloves, threat to gloves, subtlety to cloak

FUUUUUUUUCK????

1) The Scepter of course dropped the first GDKP I run after I take the Spire of Twilight in our actual raid.
    2) It went for 1000 gold. If it wasn't a guildy I would have grabbed it on principle.

• Options
    Well now I can't go shadow! I'll probably heal for the TBC dungeon level groups for a while lmao

• Options
    You'll always be Shadow in my heart, Allyxia

• Options
    As soon as the TBC leveling changes go in, the gaps between late 30s and late 40s will be far less awful.

If it wasn't for them, leveling would be extremely quick. You could do it in like 3-4ish weeks of casual play.

• Options
    edited February 2021
    Late 40s were especially awful before they added more quests to Hinterlands and Searing Gorge.

Sterica on
    YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    I don't remember the late 40s being a pain on my main, but on my alts yes. @Rius what did we even do late 40s? Besides audacious Sunken Temple runs that only failed against Eranikus.

• Options
    Do you mean in Classic or Vanilla? Because they were always there on Classic, and added around mid-way through Vanilla’s lifespan to smooth out the leveling.

YL9WnCY.png