As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Debate and Discourse... Missing?

ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster ApocalypseThe Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
Subject basically says it all. Debate and Discourse is gone from the forum list?

Allegedly a voice of reason.

• MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    Also if you refreshed or try to open it and you were in a thread you get a "Permission Denied" page.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    is this because i'm too handsome?

• kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    Bug.... or feature?

:P

(Missing for me too, mobile and PC although I wouldn't have expected that to matter.)

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • BSoBBSoB Registered User regular
    Here is what I see on chrome.
    5fulvp4ghsbd.png

• GiantGeek2020GiantGeek2020 Registered User regular
    Boy some of our threads were really requiring a lot of moderation. But I didn't think we had gone that far.

• HevachHevach Registered User regular
    Well, the good news is I wasn't somehow banned from it I guess.

The bad news is that SOMEBODY WAS WRONG IN THERE AND I NEED TO EXPLAIN WHY TO EVERYONE WHO DOESN'T CARE.

• DoodmannDoodmann Registered User regular
    Is this the D&D subforum now?

Whippy wrote: »
    nope nope nope nope abort abort talk about anime
    Sometimes I sell my stuff on Ebay
  • HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    In Chrome if I force refresh it's back in the list but then clicking on it gives the permission error.

• Ark EvensongArk Evensong The NetherlandsRegistered User regular
    Just before conking out, it looked like the unread posts bug was fixed. (At least, one thread I had bookmarked suffering from that bug suddenly only had 18 new posts, instead of the ~1600 it listed before.)

• VishNubVishNub Registered User regular
    This is [chat] now, at any rate

• OrcaOrca Also known as Espressosaurus WrexRegistered User regular
    If [chat] is gone how will I farm agrees from Chanus

Damn you for increasing work productivity.

• CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    Maybe D&D gets the day off for President's Day.

"If you divide the whole world into just enemies and friends, you'll end up destroying everything" --Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind
  • ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    it's back now and i'm sorry for whatever i did to cause it

• CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    Chanus wrote: »

It's not back for me, though. What did you do, Chanus? What did you do?

"If you divide the whole world into just enemies and friends, you'll end up destroying everything" --Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind
  • SixSix Caches Tweets in the mainframe cyberhex Registered User regular
    I’m here because of a permissions problem.

can you feel the struggle within?
  • jmcdonaldjmcdonald I voted, did you? DC(ish)Registered User regular
    we've all been banned from D&D

this is probably the right decision

• jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular

See this?

This is what a liar looks like

• jmcdonaldjmcdonald I voted, did you? DC(ish)Registered User regular

See this?

This is what a liar looks like
    Hevach wrote: »
    Well, the good news is I wasn't somehow banned from it I guess.

The bad news is that SOMEBODY WAS WRONG IN THERE AND I NEED TO EXPLAIN WHY TO EVERYONE WHO DOESN'T CARE.

• ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    It's not showing for me either, and I too get the permission problem when trying to log into it directly through my usual bookmarked link.

Good to hear it's being resolved, just sharing in case there are inconsistencies that need sorting out.

First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • SummaryJudgmentSummaryJudgment Grab the hottest iron you can find, stride in the Tower’s front door Registered User regular
    This is playing hell with my muscle memory on mobile, lol

Some days Blue wonders why anyone ever bothered making numbers so small; other days she supposes even infinity needs to start somewhere.
  • japanjapan Registered User regular
    I can see it again, but only if I sign out

If I try to navigate to it through a bookmark when signed in, I get the permissions error

• HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    God I love social experiments.

Hmm, I also can see it if I'm signed out, but not if I sign back in.

Was this a purge?

• ArtereisArtereis Registered User regular
    Not only is the forum missing, but if I look at my post history none of them are visible either.

• jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    edited February 2021
    Doodmann wrote: »

Was this a purge?

Feels like it.

All my posts are missing, zero word from moderators or admin except for cheeky comments in DnD.

t9nynro8vgtw.png

jungleroomx on
  • PhyphorPhyphor Building Planet Busters Tasting FruitRegistered User regular
    Artereis wrote: »
    Not only is the forum missing, but if I look at my post history none of them are visible either.

That's normal when a forum is hidden, eg you won't see any of your posts from the christmas forums either

• FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    edited February 2021
    Is this related to the adding of ads, maybe? They're fixing the layout template?

I don't know how making the internet actually works.

Fencingsax on
  • FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    Also, it's good to know whatever sickness I have, we share it, considering we made 4 topics about it.

• DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Thank goodness for Oxygen Not Included to keep me entertained

• H0b0manH0b0man Registered User regular
    Now I have to scroll all the way down to SE++ instead of clicking the link in D&D's description.

Some real bullshit.

FFXIV: Agran Trask
  • ArcTangentArcTangent Registered User regular
    It's still there as long as you sign out, if you're really desperate to look at it.

doEtm3v.png

ztrEPtD.gif
  • XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    Henroid wrote: »
    God I love social experiments.

I call prison guard!

• RedTideRedTide Registered User regular

Was this a purge?

Feels like it.

All my posts are missing, zero word from moderators or admin except for cheeky comments in DnD.

t9nynro8vgtw.png

Underhandedly nuking a forum doesn't really seem like Tubes style and even if D and D's days are numbered (SE and it are bordering on redundant these days) that's the kind of thing that would have a notice posted and likely some threads moved over.

It's probably just fuckery related to the ad roll out.

RedTide#1907 on Battle.net
    Come Overwatch with meeeee
    RedTide wrote: »

Was this a purge?

Feels like it.

t9nynro8vgtw.png

Underhandedly nuking a forum doesn't really seem like Tubes style and even if D and D's days are numbered (SE and it are bordering on redundant these days) that's the kind of thing that would have a notice posted and likely some threads moved over.

Also, that sounds like a thing you do as you go out the door, not 2 weeks before that.

Was this a purge?

Feels like it.

t9nynro8vgtw.png

People are posting in it right now, so it's a permissions issue.

I don't know how Vanilla works but when I was modding EGM you could instantly click on a "give to all" checkbox for forum access and open it up to everyone.

• kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular

Was this a purge?

Feels like it.

t9nynro8vgtw.png

Unless things change, I'd pretty strongly disagree that D&D and SE++ are the same thing. I am explicitly not saying one is better than the other or anything like that, but they are still quite different in what is allowed and how discussions happen. imo

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • TubeTube Registered User admin
    I'm not sure what happened, but it seems to be fixed now. No, it wasn't a "social experiment" you fucking goofballs.

• OrcaOrca Also known as Espressosaurus WrexRegistered User regular
    Tube wrote: »
    I'm not sure what happened, but it seems to be fixed now. No, it wasn't a "social experiment" you fucking goofballs.

QUICK! To the conspiracy thread!

Tube wrote: »

Still don't see it here.

This discussion has been closed.