As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

We Bid A Fond Farewell To The "Rush Limbaugh Died" Thread, Not Him

I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boomRegistered User regular
edited May 2021 in Social Entropy++
liEt3nH.png
I needed anime to post. on

• Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    Fuck yeah

• Options
    A Dabble Of TheloniusA Dabble Of Thelonius It has been a doozy of a dayRegistered User regular
    Woop woop!

vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
    Steam - Talon Valdez :Blizz - Talonious#1860 : Xbox Live & LoL - Talonious Monk @TaloniousMonk Hail Satan
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    It truly cannot be overstated how much tangible harm he brought into the world

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    edited February 2021
  • Options
    KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    now do McConnell

• Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
  • Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    looking at Henry kissinger for no reason

• Options
    Captain InertiaCaptain Inertia Registered User regular
    Shut up is this real

• Options
    Kane Red RobeKane Red Robe Master of Magic ArcanusRegistered User regular
    Good.

• Options
    milskimilski Poyo! Registered User regular
    Rest in peace, cancer. It's horrible to die from Limbaugh.

I ate an engineer
  • Options
    The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew, Omeganaut Registered User, ClubPA regular
  • Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    Shut up is this real

Yes.

• Options
    QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    WHOO!

• Options
    Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    Cancel culture strikes again

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    HeadCreepsHeadCreeps NOW IS THE TIME FOR DRINKING! Registered User regular
    I know we shouldn't speak ill of the dead, especially those who died from something as terrible as cancer

But good riddance, eat shit you miserable fuck

vEaRQgH.png
  • Options
    HeadCreeps wrote: »
    I know we shouldn't speak ill of the dead, especially those who died from something as terrible as cancer

Speaking ill of racists, misogynistic bigoted assholes is cool and good

• Options
    IronKnuckle's GhostIronKnuckle's Ghost Registered User regular
    I'll speak ill of the dead all goddamn day when it's a person as actively harmful as he was.

Fuck that guy, fuck what he was talking about, the world is better for his absence.

• Options
    JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
  • Options
    IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular

"Don't speak ill of the dead" doesn't apply when someone was a monster who actively promoted hate. It's important to be very freaking clear about who the monsters are so that we have fewer monsters in the future.

• Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    Let's not do cancer jokes, a lot of good people have cancer and the splash damage on those is huge. Glad that Rush Limbaugh is dead though!

• Options
    Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    edited February 2021
    Re: speaking ill of the dead, it might be hard to live as a genuinely virtous person, but its real fucking easy to not be someone where people celebrate your painful death.

Styrofoam Sammich on
    wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    May God have mercy on his soul, for I doubt any of us will.

• Options
    KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    looking at Henry kissinger for no reason
    Joe Pera wrote:
    There's a quote about how over time, the direction of the moral universe curves towards justice, but that is not science, and my friend brought it up recently to suggest she didn't believe it. "If that were true," she said, "Henry Kissinger would be in jail."

"He's still alive," I said. "There's still time."

Positive thinking.

• Options
    QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    “Don’t speak I’ll if the dead” is worth considering when around the dead’s loved ones at the funeral.

In general, screw that. He was a horrible person and I’ll continue to call him a horrible person. A lack of pulse doesn’t change that.

• Options
    fcfm22qnjeym.jpg

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    HeadCreepsHeadCreeps NOW IS THE TIME FOR DRINKING! Registered User regular
    Quid wrote: »
    “Don’t speak I’ll if the dead” is worth considering when around the dead’s loved ones at the funeral.

In general, screw that. He was a horrible person and I’ll continue to call him a horrible person. A lack of pulse doesn’t change that.

I don't know, I think even if I was around his loved ones I'd still call him a miserable fuck who should eat shit

vEaRQgH.png
  • Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    Finally, some good fuckin news

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
  • Options
    expendableexpendable Silly Goose Registered User regular
    edited February 2021
    Today Rush Limbaugh for the first time did something unambiguously universally good for the betterment of humanity. We should recognize that.

expendable on
    Djiem wrote: »
    Lokiamis wrote: »
    So the servers suddenly decide to cramp up during the last six percent.
    Man, the Director will really go out of his way to be a dick to L4D players.
    Steam
  • Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    Incenjucar wrote: »

"Don't speak ill of the dead" doesn't apply when someone was a monster who actively promoted hate. It's important to be very freaking clear about who the monsters are so that we have fewer monsters in the future.

"don't speak ill of the dead" is a rule which only ever might apply when you're actually within earshot of the bereaved, and yeah, imo it gets waived for people like limbaugh

• Options
    Captain InertiaCaptain Inertia Registered User regular
    May God have mercy on his soul, for I doubt any of us will.

I prefer may satan fuck his soul

• Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
  • Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    wonder what my dad would be like if he hadn't been listening to rush limbaugh since his 20s

• Options
    edited February 2021
    wonder what my dad would be like if he hadn't been listening to rush limbaugh since his 20s

I wonder too

My Dad's not a completely bigoted jerk, but he has a lot of asshole acquaintances, and the toxic assholery and bigotry of Limbaugh definitely lead to the mask off fascism of the modern GOP and fox news

DouglasDanger on
  • Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    If a public figure doesn't want me to speak ill of them when they die, they should strive to not be a boil on the ass of humanity while they are alive.

• Options
    JuggernutJuggernut Registered User regular
  • Options
    JuggernutJuggernut Registered User regular
    edited February 2021
    Double post whoops.

I'm imagining them dancing that coffin down a pier and then chucking it into a lake then dancing away.

Juggernut on
  • Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    2021 coming in hot in the 2nd month

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
This discussion has been closed.