As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

We Bid A Fond Farewell To The "Rush Limbaugh Died" Thread, Not Him

• WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    Gonna be hard to stop me from celebrating the death of a founding member of the modern republican death cult after 2020 happened, is all I'm saying

• expendableexpendable Silly Goose Registered User regular
    Djiem wrote: »
    Lokiamis wrote: »
    So the servers suddenly decide to cramp up during the last six percent.
    Man, the Director will really go out of his way to be a dick to L4D players.
    Steam
  • IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Rush is responsible for a significant amount of death and suffering. Hopefully nobody is able to fill his shoes as effectively.

• Curly_BraceCurly_Brace Robot Girl Mimiga VillageRegistered User regular
    Hell yeah now I get to say "here is a happy reminder: Reagan, Thatcher and Limbaugh are still dead."

• ButlerButler 89 episodes or bust Registered User regular
  • Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    Hell yeah now I get to say "here is a happy reminder: Reagan, Thatcher and Limbaugh are still dead."

91vhunq81zq4.jpg

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • QuantumTurkQuantumTurk Registered User regular
    Gnomes dancing av +the title is so, so good.

• KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    still can't believe that there's been a whole-ass pandemic and the best it's managed to do among anti-science assholes is kill Herman Cain

at least cancer knows how to get the job done

• PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    rest in

and I cannot stress this enough

piss

• Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    edited February 2021
    Gonna be hard to stop me from celebrating the death of a founding member of the modern republican death cult after 2020 happened, is all I'm saying

at this point the main reason i'm not feeling especially positive about this is that like... i dunno, he did immeasurable damage to the world that had consequences both far-reaching and personal for me, and he spent his life getting rich off of doing it before dying of old age.

it's good that he's gone but i dunno. I can't help feeling like he sorta won. Especially when there's now multiple generations of people carrying on his schtick. This is the closest thing to consquences that he ever had to face and it's so insufficient that I'm finding it hard to be all that jazzed.

Speed Racer on

at this point the main reason i'm not feeling especially positive about this is that like... i dunno, he did immeasurable damage to the world that had consequences both far-reaching and personal for me, and he spent his life getting rich off of doing it before dying of old age.

it's good that he's gone but i dunno. I can't help feeling like he sorta won. Especially when there's now multiple generations of people carrying on his schtick. This is the closest thing to consquences that he ever had to face and it's so insufficient that I'm finding it hard to be all that jazzed.

he suffered immeasurably in his final few years at least

• DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    PiptheFair wrote: »

Sweet, even more good news

JtgVX0H.png
  • Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    One time he said that Jesse Jackson looks like a composite of criminal mugshots and that an NFL game resembled a street fight between crips and bloods

So I cant stress enough how funny it is that son of a bitch is dead.

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular

lxykdkzl5p6z.gif

liEt3nH.png
    how many times do you think he shit his pants?

• AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular

Directly as a result of his actions fighting against anti-smoking campaigns while deliberately smoking on-air.

I am so happy right now.

• TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    edited February 2021

Unless he drowned in it not enough to be justice

Tallahasseeriel on
  • 3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular

Do you think his dick fell off and he slipped on it and that's how he went?

3clips3 wrote: »

Do you think his dick fell off and he slipped on it and that's how he went?

god I wish

• I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular

While it's true that he accomplished a great deal and arguably has been replaced, without this he could have easily continued to do what he does for another decade, decade and a half. It's impossible to know if his death means nothing because we cannot see the future, and the odds are certainly high that he has released all the evil into the world that he could. But we at least have a lock now on that. It may have been likely until now that he does nothing, but it is now guaranteed, and that isn't nothing, at least.

liEt3nH.png
  • WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    edited February 2021

We won't be able to celebrate the death of capitalism in our lives, most likely, so we gotta make do with what we have

WeedLordVegeta on
  • DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    Aistan wrote: »

Directly as a result of his actions fighting against anti-smoking campaigns while deliberately smoking on-air.

I am so happy right now.

I can't help recall overhearing his show on the radio during the 90s at my grandparent's house, where every single thing the liberals were doing he didn't like was some form of Nazism. Anti-smoking Nazis! Feminazis! Eco-Nazis!

Intentionally poisoning the well for comparing actual fucking fascists who idolize the Nazis by comparing your political rivals constantly to Nazis, while also stirring up the fearmongering for the crowd who couldn't critically think if they were rolling with a 2-sided die.

• I ZimbraI Zimbra Worst song, played on ugliest guitar Registered User regular
    edited February 2021
    484818.jpg?b64lines=IEJveSwgSSBjYW4ndCB3YWl0IHRvCiBkYW5jZSBvbiBoaXMgZ3JhdmUu

Me and the boys once we're vaccinated

I Zimbra on
  • Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular

We won't be able to celebrate the death of capitalism in our lives, most likely, so we gotta make do with what we have

yeah i certainly don't wanna poo-poo anybody who's heartened or relieved or even entertained by this news

i'm just finding it hard to join in

• ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    I wonder what his burial plans were. private, gated cemetery?

Judging from how most of his family seems to feel about him, yeeted into a ditch

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • PaladinPaladin Registered User regular

yeah i certainly don't wanna poo-poo anybody who's heartened or relieved or even entertained by this news

i'm just finding it hard to join in

Celebrating someone's death is very much a thing you do for yourself, so if it's not working for you, you're under no obligation to participate

Marty: The future, it's where you're going?
    Doc: That's right, twenty five years into the future. I've always dreamed on seeing the future, looking beyond my years, seeing the progress of mankind. I'll also be able to see who wins the next twenty-five world series.
  • DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular

Doesn't matter, I'ma try to shit on his grave as soon as he's buried

JtgVX0H.png
  • King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    He died far to late

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    expendable wrote: »
    Today Rush Limbaugh for the first time did something unambiguously universally good for the betterment of humanity. We should recognize that.

And on Random Acts of Kindness Day, of all days!

• expendableexpendable Silly Goose Registered User regular

Judging from how most of his family seems to feel about him, yeeted into a ditch

Woman-in-Jazz-Fest-bathroom-line-since-2014-hopes-this-is-the-year-she-gets-to-go-New-Orleans-news-Neutral-Ground-News.jpg?fit=777%2C437&ssl=1

Djiem wrote: »
    Lokiamis wrote: »
    So the servers suddenly decide to cramp up during the last six percent.
    Man, the Director will really go out of his way to be a dick to L4D players.
    Steam
  • QuantumTurkQuantumTurk Registered User regular

lxykdkzl5p6z.gif

Anyone else hear the hamster dance? No? But you smell that burnt toast right?

• CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/obituaries/rush-limbaugh-dead/2021/02/17/61bacd24-e04b-11e7-8679-a9728984779c_story.html
    Rush Limbaugh, conservative radio provocateur and cultural phenomenon, dies at 70
    You know an obituary is going to be awful when it uses the word "provocateur."

• Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    Rush Limbaugh, big ole piece of shit and stain on humanity, dies at 70

• DHSDHS Chase lizards.. ...bark at donkeys..Registered User regular

if there was any justice it'd be like the funeral scene from Amadeus but the music instead is just the "Power of Love" by Huey Lewis

"Grip 'em up, grip 'em, grip 'em good, said the Gryphon... to the pig."
  • CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    edited February 2021
    https://www.nytimes.com/2021/02/17/business/media/rush-limbaugh-dead.html
    Rush Limbaugh, Talk Radio’s Conservative Provocateur, Dies at 70

A longtime favorite of the right, he was a furious critic of Barack Obama and a full-throated cheerleader for Donald J. Trump.
    Rush Limbaugh, the relentlessly provocative voice of conservative America who dominated talk radio for more than three decades with shooting-gallery attacks on liberals, Democrats, feminists, environmentalists and other moving targets, died on Wednesday. He was 70.
    Blisteringly sarcastic and always pugnacious, Mr. Limbaugh was a partisan force of nature, reviled by critics and admired by millions, a master of three-hour monologues that featured wicked impersonations, slashing mockery, musical parodies and a rogue’s gallery of fools, knaves, liars and bleeding hearts.

In the Limbaugh lexicon, advocates for the homeless were “compassion fascists,” women who favored abortion were “feminazis,” environmentalists were “tree-hugging wackos.” He delivered “AIDS updates” with a Dionne Warwick song, “I’ll Never Love This Way Again,” ridiculed Michael J. Fox’s Parkinson’s disease symptoms, and called global warming a hoax.
    If a person was horrible, they get to be called a "provocateur" and not "a complete asshole who made the world worse" when they die.

Couscous on
  • JarsJars Registered User regular
    full-throated cheerleader for trump

heh. heheheheh

lets bring back an old tradition and toss him in the city dump

• AlexandierAlexandier Registered User regular
    What clip of media can properly display my many emotions at this trying time...

That'll do.

• HeadCreepsHeadCreeps NOW IS THE TIME FOR DRINKING! Registered User regular
  • see317see317 Registered User regular
    Jars wrote: »
    full-throated cheerleader for trump

heh. heheheheh

lets bring back an old tradition and toss him in the city dump

What the hell did that city dump ever do to you?

This discussion has been closed.