As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[WoW Classic] Wrath of the Lich King is Live!

• Options
    AllyxiaAllyxia Registered User regular
    I think a majority of the Pagle group are allergic to questing (cough cough @bowen )

Also!! I tanked Nef tonight on my priest. I told him to get the fuck off the throne and when he landed he came for me there :(

• Options
    RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
    I don't remember the late 40s being a pain on my main, but on my alts yes. @Rius what did we even do late 40s? Besides audacious Sunken Temple runs that only failed against Eranikus.

We were pretty bold weren't we

• Options
    Lol I joined a pug for green dragons, rolled a 22 on the nightmare engulfed object off the first one. Seven people rolled higher than me. But they all didn't listen to instructions and took the portal to Darnassus to go to the next one, and you can't trade world boss loot, so I won it with a 22, rofl.

Now I can replace the green +20 nature resist ring in my 315 NR suit that never gets used anymore! But it's a fun souvenir, and I like souvenirs.

• Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    edited February 2021
    Rius wrote: »
    I don't remember the late 40s being a pain on my main, but on my alts yes. @ Rius what did we even do late 40s? Besides audacious Sunken Temple runs that only failed against Eranikus.

We were pretty bold weren't we

I think all of us smashed ZF/Mara/ST like dozens of times to cover the gap on our mains.

The dungeon finder would be an amazing tool to have if it's only within the server. That's what officially killed the server communities like we have in classic. They opened it up because DPS were sick of waiting 45 minutes to get in a dungeon while tanks and healers got in instantly.

bowen on
    not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    late 40s is searing gorge which is probably my favorite leveling area. the big dark iron city maze thing is delightful

the worst is anything that requires me to interact with desolace

• Options
    fRAWRstfRAWRst The Seas Call The Mad AnswerRegistered User regular
  • Options
  • Options
    SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular
    *FEL REAVER HORN*

This will probably get my abandoned 30somthing warlock out of classic storage and back in action tbh, I was missing having a felguard.

7qmGNt5.png
    D3 Steam #TeamTangent STO
  • Options
    JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    a good thing on classic reddit right now is the horde are mounting a comeback on incendius (99.9% alliance/0.1% horde)

they've got a guild and are doing group pve together to withstand the blob

<Apes Together Strong>

yes please. YES PLEASE.

• Options
    now recruiting for frawsts dungeon squad and frosts arena junkies

J3qcnBP.png
  • Options
    edited February 2021
  • Options
    oops, all pulp

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    bowen wrote: »
    oops, all pulp

BLEGH. BLEGHHHH

also I love how much my ketchup chip remark flipped the table

• Options
    HASHTAG SOME CHANGES

• Options
    FrozenzenFrozenzen Registered User regular
    Oh, what are they changing?

• Options
    She didn't say, just that they heard people talking about no changes vs some changes, more stuff about TBC classic will be elaborated later today during that panel

• Options
    Sounds like pre-nerf fights will be available for a bit before they get nerfed

• Options
    SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular
    Group finder but you have to still physically go to the meeting stone and it's server only might be a good compromise imo. The stones made a difference but I still remember a lot of sitting around back in the day

7qmGNt5.png
    D3 Steam #TeamTangent STO
  • Options
    SEAL OF BLOOD!!!

• Options
    TurksonTurkson Near the mountains of ColoradoRegistered User regular
    Yes! Yes! Yes!

oh h*ck
  • Options
    EARLY BLOOD ELVES AND DRAENEI BAY-BEEEEEE

• Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    The predictable melting down of the neckbeard wannabes about the 58 boosts being offered.

1 per account is a good restriction.

• Options
    FiatilFiatil Registered User regular
    Yeah I may actually be in with the boost. I love playing hybrids, and they made their itemization soooo much better in BC. But the slog to get to 58 was still horrible, and I'm not down for doing that on.....anyone really, let alone an ele shaman or balance druid.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    StationaryStationary Registered User regular
    I'm a little confused by the boost, the faq made it sound like only new players can use it which seems like a wild restriction to put on a paid service like that

• Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    Stationary wrote: »
    I'm a little confused by the boost, the faq made it sound like only new players can use it which seems like a wild restriction to put on a paid service like that

one per account is the only clear restriction I saw. But I'd also be down for limiting it to only accounts that don't already have a lvl 60, because the only goal of the boost is to allow people to participate in TBC without having to play Classic if they don't want to - it isn't meant to be used by existing classic players to just get an extra character.

• Options
    Sooo excited because it makes persuading my SO to play TBC again that much easier

• Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    I am stuck in the 40's on my rogue and warlock as I lost interest being the slog of quests and just the general stuff I was dealing at the time
    I know if I really grind at it I can get to 60 in about 2 weeks
    Still it was my goal on my hunter to get the bow and one of my priests to do the staff. I feel I am going to delete my mage and reroll them as a blood elf

• Options
    jmcdonaldjmcdonald I voted, did you? DC(ish)Registered User regular
    bowen wrote: »
    oops, all pulp

You’re a monster

• Options
    EnigmedicEnigmedic Registered User regular
    I don't think I could stomach tbc classic. The rep grinds are REAL. I spent so much of my time when I was younger playing and still felt like I didn't have enough time to play. There's no way I could do that with a baby.

I did enjoy my time playing it, but people thought classic was a grind, but tbc is a whole nother level. Also it is going to be disgustingly infested with sl/sl warlocks.

• Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    I forgot how ugly the Atiesh realm got
    politely asking as a priest for a run anywhere in the 30's and to be the healer answered with level scrub and other fun comments

But I had forgotten how certain realms tried to hijack the realm and turn it into their's 2.0

• Options
    crimsoncoyotecrimsoncoyote Registered User regular
    Dhalphir wrote: »
    Stationary wrote: »

one per account is the only clear restriction I saw. But I'd also be down for limiting it to only accounts that don't already have a lvl 60, because the only goal of the boost is to allow people to participate in TBC without having to play Classic if they don't want to - it isn't meant to be used by existing classic players to just get an extra character.

The economies are already completely fucked, so I don't really see what such a restriction would really accomplish. If people really wanted an extra character, they could just open a new account and boost it. Yeah, there's another sub involved, but it still feels like a weird restriction. I could see folks using it who want to main swap primarily but don't want to slog through old classic content as well.

• Options
    TryCatcherTryCatcher Registered User regular
    They are also changing how LW Drums and likely how Bloodlust works since, uh, it was kind of an issue.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=66C7dMq7u30
    Juuuust a bit of an issue.

• Options
    Kai_SanKai_San Commonly known as Klineshrike! Registered User regular
    Also though, holy SHIT preach has come a long way.

Muffled mic, 10 times the cursing, dated terms, and groooOOOOOoooovy editing. Wow.

• Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    Enigmedic wrote: »
    I don't think I could stomach tbc classic. The rep grinds are REAL. I spent so much of my time when I was younger playing and still felt like I didn't have enough time to play. There's no way I could do that with a baby.

I did enjoy my time playing it, but people thought classic was a grind, but tbc is a whole nother level. Also it is going to be disgustingly infested with sl/sl warlocks.
    They're using the 2.4 patch which nerfed a lot of the rep grinds, so heroics require honored instead of revered which is pretty quick. They also mentioned untangling some of the more convoluted attunements.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Sterica wrote: »
    Enigmedic wrote: »

They're using the 2.4 patch which nerfed a lot of the rep grinds, so heroics require honored instead of revered which is pretty quick. They also mentioned untangling some of the more convoluted attunements.

I heard the attunement thing won't be changed until that content is lesser. Like initially to get into kara everyone will have to get the key the old fashioned way, but later in TBC's life just one person will need the key to get inside. I imagine that will be the same for things like Black Temple.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    2.4 had no Karazhan attunement at all, I thought.

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular

It might not have, but initially in TBC classic it will. Just like when TBC released there were raids that were available that are not unlocked until a different phase for this release.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Reforged Daggers is 12/15 woooo

Knock knock knockin' on Mograine's door

• Options
    Preacher wrote: »

It might not have, but initially in TBC classic it will. Just like when TBC released there were raids that were available that are not unlocked until a different phase for this release.

Yeah it's 2.4 for itemization and talents/spells but otherwise it's "pretend we're on 2.0.1".

Revered for heroic keying, everyone will have to attune kara/ssc/etc until like phase 3ish. That said, kara attunement didn't need heroics, so there's no requirement to grind rep other than doing heroic content. Keying SSC just involved kara/gruul/mags raiding.

@Enigmedic > Heroics were tuned higher than raids originally, so you need kara's gear to even really attempt them reasonably (at least back in the day, I doubt that will be true this time through). So unless you want to grind heroics all day, every day, there's little reason to worry about the rep grinds unless you want something specific.

• Options
    FrozenzenFrozenzen Registered User regular
    Heroics never needed Kharazan gear, we were doing them early on with gear from normals/questing.

They where however absolutely brutal.