As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Zakrello Appreciation Thread [Gunpla]

• Options
    BetsuniBetsuni UM-R60L Talisker IVRegistered User regular
    Ok, I was wondering what happened to any new Gunpla posts and realized there is a new thread (and so missed it). I apologize since I am sure that this has been asked 100 times before but I am trying to figure this out. My cousin has a pair of nippers he bought in Japan for around $36 and used it to assemble my gift to my Uncle (one of those Cup O' Noodle kits). He now wants one to use for any kits he buys from now on and can't get any. I remember reading about Bandai's nippers and the GodHand (I think I spelled that right) but for the life of me can't tell which one is good. I found a GodHand Nipper PN-125 GH-PN-125 for $17ish on Amazon but figured that can't be any good could it? He doesn't want any of the US made nippers, only a Japanese made one.

So I don't want to buy him a bad one, but certainly not paying $85 for one as well. Any recommendations? Or did I just unleash a plague upon this thread? If so, just ignore me and continue to post cool kits.

oosik_betsuni.png
    Steam: betsuni7
  • Options
    NytewarriorNytewarrior Registered User regular
    Dspiae nippers are pretty good. They run around 40 bucks on Newtype HQ.

steam_sig.png
    PSN:Midnyte_Rage
  • Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    GodHand makes a variety of nippers for various purposes. The one that everyone says is amazing should be running $45-$50. The $17 one you see on Amazon is either their all-purpose model or a knockoff.

• Options
    Dspiae nippers are pretty good. They run around 40 bucks on Newtype HQ.
    Interesting, looked them up and seems to be a cheaper alternative to the GodHand nippers.
    DarkPrimus wrote: »
    GodHand makes a variety of nippers for various purposes. The one that everyone says is amazing should be running $45-$50. The $17 one you see on Amazon is either their all-purpose model or a knockoff.
    Ahhhhh, ok. Dangit, yeah I forgot that Amazon sells KOs as real stuff sometimes.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    LasbrookLasbrook It takes a lot to make a stew When it comes to me and youRegistered User regular
    Yeah, the PN-125 looks like their entry grade one. I think the one people lose their minds over is one of these:

https://www.usagundamstore.com/collections/nippers/products/spn-120-ultimate-nipper
    https://www.gundamplanet.com/gh-pn-120-single-edge-precision-nippers.html

• Options
    Actually, cross-referencing at the model shops I most frequent, even the GodHand model nippers explicitly marketed as "for kids!" is around $30. So there's no way a legit GodHand is running half that.

• Options
    Lasbrook wrote: »
    Yeah, the PN-125 looks like their entry grade one. I think the one people lose their minds over is one of these:

https://www.usagundamstore.com/collections/nippers/products/spn-120-ultimate-nipper
    https://www.gundamplanet.com/gh-pn-120-single-edge-precision-nippers.html
    Ah ok, I swore I searched USA Gundam Store and didn't see any GodHands there. Oh, I think I know why, they write it as God Hand.
    Actually, cross-referencing at the model shops I most frequent, even the GodHand model nippers explicitly marketed as "for kids!" is around $30. So there's no way a legit GodHand is running half that.

Cool, yeah I will avoid Amazon in fears of getting a KO. This is one thing that I don't like to buy from them.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    Yeah some sites have a space between the words in their search engine, some sites don't!

• Options
    LasbrookLasbrook It takes a lot to make a stew When it comes to me and youRegistered User regular

They have an entry grade model that run like 10 bucks on usagundamstore.

• Options
    Maybe that's just out of stock at the places I checked.

• Options
    Yeah some sites have a space between the words in their search engine, some sites don't!
    Ahhh great, I'll have to remember this in the future.

Has anybody used these? Are they decent enough compared to the $40 ones? Trying to see if they are worth the price difference to send them to my Uncle.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    Betsuni wrote: »

Has anybody used these? Are they decent enough compared to the $40 ones? Trying to see if they are worth the price difference to send them to my Uncle.

Personally I haven’t used any godhand nippers but the 10 dollar ones look like a standard cutting style you can get from Tamiya or whoever: the more expensive godhands, the ones people talk about, are single blade nippers where one side is a thin cutting edge and the other is just a flat edge to stop it, supposed to get ultra clean cuts. The downside is they have the potential to break if you're trying to cut something too thick. If your Uncle is just getting into the hobby I would recommend these:

https://smile.amazon.com/Tamiya-Sharp-Pointed-Cutter-NO-123/dp/B010PG73J4/

I've used them for years and they're a good general purpose nipper.

• Options
    Yeah I have a set of the real expensive GodHands but I also have nippers that came in a full model kit starter tool kit that I use for most snipping.

• Options
    Betsuni wrote: »

Personally I haven’t used any godhand nippers but the 10 dollar ones look like a standard cutting style you can get from Tamiya or whoever: the more expensive godhands, the ones people talk about, are single blade nippers where one side is a thin cutting edge and the other is just a flat edge to stop it, supposed to get ultra clean cuts. The downside is they have the potential to break if you're trying to cut something too thick. If your Uncle is just getting into the hobby I would recommend these:

https://smile.amazon.com/Tamiya-Sharp-Pointed-Cutter-NO-123/dp/B010PG73J4/

I've used them for years and they're a good general purpose nipper.
    Yeah I have a set of the real expensive GodHands but I also have nippers that came in a full model kit starter tool kit that I use for most snipping.

Awesome, thanks for the recommendation. I'll probably pick up both this and the $40 one for him and that way he can decide which he wants to use. I'll just let him know the differences. He'll probably be fine with the $30 Tamiya ones to be honest.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    LanzLanz ...Za?Registered User regular
    Picking up a new kit; Hint:

Target Confirmed.

waNkm4k.jpg?1
  • Options
    HefflingHeffling No Pic EverRegistered User regular
    MG Dynames?

• Options
    edited February 2021
    Heffling wrote: »
    MG Dynames?

I feel your love, reflection
    Mitsumikaesu hitori ni
    Egaite haruka na
    Never Ending Story

feb3v0y29wsm.jpeg

Lanz on
    waNkm4k.jpg?1
  • Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    edited February 2021
    I miss late 80s/early 90s anime sci-fi control consoles modeled on 80s military hardware

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    Oh dammit what

The L Gaim Mk. II is a Premium Bandai kit???

waNkm4k.jpg?1
  • Options
    miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
  • Options
    HefflingHeffling No Pic EverRegistered User regular
    Badgunpla's trials with the RG Zeta make me so happy.

I transformed my RG Zeta exactly one time, and it shall ever live as Waverider.

• Options
    turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular
    Theres flying to close to the sun and then theres backflipping directly into it.

X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    Got my Todesritter in the mail, still a pretty dumb suit (funnels AND extra arms to hold beam sabers? Sure). Kinda disappointed in the amount of stickers but I guess it is still just a HG.

• Options
    IanatorIanator Gaze upon my works, ye mighty and facepalm.Registered User regular
    xyybEF3.jpg

Store's got a few Rayquaza kits and thought it'd be cool to have one built and displayed. So I volunteered to do the build for them.

This was a cool li'l guy to put together! The body has some articulation among the arms and body segments and even its mouth can open up! The cloud base is just a single piece that doesn't plug in so it has to balance on its tail. But otherwise I can easily recommend this for any newer or younger builders, or anyone who wants a big ol' green sky dragon Pokémon for their desk.

steam_sig.png
    Twitch | Blizzard: Ianator#1479 | 3DS: Ianator - 1779 2336 5317 | FFXIV: Iana Ateliere (NA Sarg)
    Backlog Challenge List
  • Options
    Wing Zero arrived and is going well, aside from Heero’s leg snapping off the moment I went to clip it from the runner. Thankfully Tamiya extra thin cement fixed it well enough.

Was thinking I’d be iffy on the clear parts for the sensors but with the Search Eye the clear glass+green sensor array look works?

waNkm4k.jpg?1
  • Options
    also god help me I need the rest of the Operation Meteor lines now. Shit.

waNkm4k.jpg?1
  • Options
    It’s also going a lot faster than I figured it would, but that might be memories of my last Ver. Ka being the ZZ which is... definitely a more intense build

waNkm4k.jpg?1
  • Options
    I haven’t built a Wing Zero since my HG kit from the 90s, and holy shit these wings are complicated.

Somewhat surprised there’s no interlock that I can find yet for the front shield, but otherwise pretty good.

waNkm4k.jpg?1
  • Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    So my store got these in...

Y5PBpewh.jpg

I was able to resist the impulse purchase, but... I dunno. Like, lately I've been thinking I don't have very many of the baddie suits. I don't have much in the way of mass produced or general purpose suits, which this obviously isn't either.. but.. I just dunno if this is where I want to go?

I have no attachment to the kit. In fact, I think it looks quite silly. But the effects really elevate it to a new level.

Grrr... Talk me into/out of it?

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    Legs are unnecessary in space.

• Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    Athenor wrote: »

Make a Zaku-II

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Options
    Legs are unnecessary in space.

Speak of the Devil and he shall appear.

• Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    Naphtali wrote: »
    Athenor wrote: »

Make a Zaku-II

Do you think they'll do another PG Unleashed of the Zaku? That's another thing I think about a lot - I've really enjoyed the PG's I've done, and that Zeong is a RG. Which is no slouch, don't get me wrong! But... well... I dunno. I guess I have a couple HG Grandaddys now, but my next one is going to be the PG Unleashed RX-78-2.

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    The MG Perfect Zeong is less funny to me than if they sold an add on kit that was just legs.

Also, Zeong legs? Kinda boring.

• Options
    The MG Perfect Zeong is less funny to me than if they sold an add on kit that was just legs.

Well apparently the kit is in slightly different colors than the regular Zeong.

Also, it big

• Options
    WhippyWhippy Moderator, Admin Emeritus Admin Emeritus

I’ve been really hoping they’ll do a set with legs and an extra head for the rg zeong since the final shooting set only comes with one

• Options
    turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular
    edited February 2021
    Perfect Zeong is from a spin off manga or something iirc. Basically a Build thing before the whole Build series kicked off.

turtleant on
    X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    IanatorIanator Gaze upon my works, ye mighty and facepalm.Registered User regular
    Perfect Zeong is boring.

Great Zeong or bust.

steam_sig.png
    Twitch | Blizzard: Ianator#1479 | 3DS: Ianator - 1779 2336 5317 | FFXIV: Iana Ateliere (NA Sarg)
    Backlog Challenge List
  • Options
    Zeong is one of those designs where you can tell it never even had any legs to start

waNkm4k.jpg?1
  • Options
    Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    I love that it's "Perfect" Zeong and not "Completed to factory specifications" Zeong

Oh brilliant
This discussion has been closed.