As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Scrolling while Twitter embeds load seems to be crashing Firefox mobile

BurtletoyBurtletoy Registered User regular
Not sure if this is just a me thing, or if perhaps its related to the new advertising formatting stuff, so I figured I'd post just in case.

When I'm loading a thread and scroll quickly up or down past a twitter embed that is loading, the forums crash my browser and take me to my mobile home screen.

On android using Firefox 85.1.3 (Build #2015792283) on a Samsung galaxy note 10 lite

For example, I cannot load into this thread without it crashing, two twitter embeds in the most recent 3 posts, and scrolling while it loads closes my browser

https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/227116/the-nhl-thread-fined-100k-for-violating-covid-19-protocol#latest

Edit: as far as I can tell, the issue started yesterday

Burtletoy on

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    Doesn't reproduce for me with android firefox 85.1.3 on a samsung galaxy S8. I haven't seen any actual ads show up on the forums yet, though.

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    Yeah we haven't made any of those changes yet so it shouldn't be that. I can't reproduce this I'm afraid, I don't have the right gear.

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    i don't see this using firefox on an iphone, fwiw

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    BurtletoyBurtletoy Registered User regular
    edited February 2021
    I don't think it's happened again since I restarted my phone so I think it was just a me issue

Nevermind, it's still going. Blah

Burtletoy on
  • Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    I'm afraid this is unlikely to be anything on our end, unless someone else reports the same thing