As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Did you know [VTubers] are going to take over the world? Hololive, Nijisanji, VShojo, etc!

• StragintStragint Do Not Gift Always DeclinesRegistered User regular
    edited February 2021
    Stragint wrote: »
    Henroid wrote: »
    Yeah the comment text is what we needed right from the start, nothing else.

I feel like if I had just posted the comment text without the video then I eventually would have had to provide the video so it wouldn't look like I was just posting something unverifiable though.

I think it would have been better to post both in the same post and be more clear on the shitty language in the video.

Next time, rather than posting a video with questionable content, just mention the name of the video and we can search it ourselves. Just a thought, this should be a thread with videos that make people happy, not potentially hurt them.

I will definitely do that if this kind of thing comes up again. I did consider just posting the name of the video at first but I honestly thought it would annoy people if I didn't post the video.

I definitely don't want to bring down the thread so I will make sure I don't do something dumb like this again.

I hope this was even slightly relevant for all the dumb I caused and if it wasn't then damn, I will do better.

Stragint on
    PSN: Reaper_Stragint, Steam: DoublePitstoChesty
    What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

I never fear death or dyin', I only fear never trying.
  • PeasPeas Registered User regular
    There's no need to be so aggressive or passive aggressive with the replies, and also start dogpiling on people.
    I really dislike the usage of the word "we", it always feels like you folks are trying to squash someone with peer pressure and chase them away

• WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    Go Team Nijisanji!
    You can just say you hate cancel culture, we know

• Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    Haachamachamaaaa
    man I'm going to have to buy this Donut County game, it looks fun

Go Team Nijisanji!

Ben is part of the team making that Neon White game that was in the most recent Nintendo Direct!

https://youtu.be/fDD17TfIn7Y

• shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular
    Haachamachamaaaa

Donut County is recently on Gamepass if you have that. It's perfect for a Gamepass game because you can easily beat the whole thing in one sitting.

• StragintStragint Do Not Gift Always DeclinesRegistered User regular
    edited February 2021
    I've been meaning to pick up Donut County. Seems really relaxing. Unfortunately I don't have gamepass.

Stragint on
    PSN: Reaper_Stragint, Steam: DoublePitstoChesty
    What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

I never fear death or dyin', I only fear never trying.
  • MrBlarneyMrBlarney Registered User regular
    edited February 2021
    Mill wrote: »
    Kind of wish I had the chops to do the whole vtuber things, but highly doubt I can be anywhere near as entertaining as these people.

Well, it's never too late to try and build your skills one step at a time, right?

The main thing to think about when it comes to getting into streaming or content creation is to have a guiding reason for why you want to do it. Realistically, and rationally, it should be an intrinsically motivated thing, since the algorithm is whimsical and difficult to attract. Even if the algorithm does shine its spotlight upon you, it's no easy feat to wrangle it and keep some of its long-term light on you. So do things for yourself, have achievable goals, and take things step by step. The right growth mindset and goals are vital to make those gradual steps upward possible.

It's worth believing that, as talented as those who are on the top steps of online entertainment are, there's also a healthy dose of skill and experience there that has honed that talent, and those are things that any person can gain. Sure, the people at the top still required some luck to hit the prime spots. (For online activities, there's almost certainly not as much of that "failing into success" that you might see in meat space.) But skill is what manipulates luck to be more favorable in the long run.

So as to not be all words and no action, I've actually found myself picking up streaming skills piece by piece lately. It's been motivated mostly by work-related benefits (remote work, online education), but there's still a part of me that dares to dream about connecting my skills and knowledge to other people in a more creative capacity. I don't know if I have a path laid out for me to invest into taking me all the way into regular online streaming or non-work-related content creation. But I'd like to believe that I can create that path if I find the right reasons to invest my energy into it. (There's absolutely other things competing for my free time and energy.) For now, I'm having fun with no-stakes testing things out for meetings at work, maybe seeing it pay off for others once I build my understanding, and then only possibly doing something for myself after all that.

MrBlarney on
    4463rwiq7r47.png
  • MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    a

Ben is part of the team making that Neon White game that was in the most recent Nintendo Direct!

That is one hell of a tonal whiplash coming from Donut County

• OptyOpty Registered User regular

Your rudeness towards his valid request to not dogpile someone is just reinforcing his point.

Haachamachamaaaa

I feel like this looks very cool, but at the same time I am extremely confused about what it is actually like to play

• IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular

I feel like this looks very cool, but at the same time I am extremely confused about what it is actually like to play

It seems like parkour FPS but you shoot people with cards. So like a Gambit simulator with a few more options than explode.

• HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    No matter who wins we all win!
    Everyone please chill, it was just a mistake / oversight, it doesn't have to be drawn out into a thing.

This is rude as fuck, how long have you been waiting to take a shot like this?

I don't really dislike you up to this point and we do share common interests since I keep running into you but you and your group to a larger extent almost always have something particularly nasty to say to me so please, just block me and go away. I don't engage in social media so I don't any thoughts of substance on cancel culture. On smaller, personal level I just hate bullying antics from people and groups since that's what I have been dealing with my entire life.

Go Team Nijisanji!
    Opty wrote: »

Your rudeness towards his valid request to not dogpile someone is just reinforcing his point.

I have had a lot of sympathy for Peas in the past, cause like, it sucks to have your favorite stuff be criticised!

But I no longer have the energy to be empathetic to someone who is constantly going to the well of tone policing, even when there is legitimate productive discussion to be had, like there was upthread

• PaladinPaladin Registered User regular
    I no longer have the energy to do anything but watch everyone's Undertale videos

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h5aPfANGDWY

Marty: The future, it's where you're going?
    Doc: That's right, twenty five years into the future. I've always dreamed on seeing the future, looking beyond my years, seeing the progress of mankind. I'll also be able to see who wins the next twenty-five world series.
  • Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    edited February 2021
    a
    Madican wrote: »

That is one hell of a tonal whiplash coming from Donut County

Is it more or less crazy than the fact that other previous projects include Perfect Stride and Bubsy3d.com

Crippl3 on
    Go Team Nijisanji!
    Miko's long wait is finally over

https://youtu.be/rBg7ou-PT18

The horse girls are here

• OptyOpty Registered User regular

I have had a lot of sympathy for Peas in the past, cause like, it sucks to have your favorite stuff be criticised!

But I no longer have the energy to be empathetic to someone who is constantly going to the well of tone policing, even when there is legitimate productive discussion to be had, like there was upthread

This isn't about someone's favorite stuff being criticized, it's about him attempting to short circuit people dogpiling on someone. It's not "tone policing" to ask people to not pile on to someone and pushing back against bullying behavior doesn't have anything to do with cancel culture.

edited February 2021
    Go Team Nijisanji!
    People are allowed to have their hackles up about a slur, and the situation got hashed out pretty quick once it was clear there was no harm intended

WeedLordVegeta on
    edited February 2021
    Go Team Nijisanji!

Tech support lion returns!

Oh also

Pikamee approaches completion on AA1!

https://youtu.be/FW2v-pOT-gg

WeedLordVegeta on
  • Dr. FlamingoDr. Flamingo 49 Gilded Disc Perceives the Sun Registered User regular
    Haachamachamaaaa

Tweet:
    A video of Tomoshika coming across the word "dirty" in an English quiz, then immediately transitioning into singing Dirty Deeds by AC/DC

You can just say that you hate me, I know.

• Werewolf2000adWerewolf2000ad Suckers, I know exactly what went wrong. Registered User regular
    steam_sig.png
    EVERYBODY WANTS TO SIT IN THE BIG CHAIR, MEG!
  • azith28azith28 Registered User regular
    Go Team Hololive!
    a
    Peas wrote: »

You can just say that you hate me, I know.

Guys, the real world is in another thread. please keep it outside.

Stercus, Stercus, Stercus, Morituri Sum
    Go Team Nijisanji!
    Uto's apex overlay is...

swpuyjotcb2q.jpg

She seems excited to be back

• Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 One of the multitude of Dans infesting this place Registered User regular
    Haachamachamaaaa
    Okayu in the bus, chuckling and saying she’s in danger
    https://youtu.be/RV4wRxh6Gwo

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 One of the multitude of Dans infesting this place Registered User regular
    Haachamachamaaaa
    Uto's apex overlay is...

swpuyjotcb2q.jpg

She seems excited to be back

I’ve been watching a bit, she’s real good

jnij103vqi2i.png
    edited February 2021
    Haachamachamaaaa
    Capcom tweeted a congratulations to Pekora for her Ghosts 'n Goblins boss clear on Legendary Knight difficulty yesterday, stating that not even many on the dev team could manage that difficulty.

shoeboxjeddy on
  • TryCatcherTryCatcher Registered User regular
    edited February 2021
    Wrong post.

TryCatcher on
  • CormacCormac Registered User regular
    Steam: Gridlynk | PSN: Gridlynk | FFXIV: Jarvellis Mika
    Haachamachamaaaa
    Mio plays a horror game because Korone was going to warn her of jump scares, but then Korone just decides it’s funnier not to
    https://youtu.be/lU4Spsm2lGY

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Werewolf2000adWerewolf2000ad Suckers, I know exactly what went wrong. Registered User regular
    steam_sig.png
    EVERYBODY WANTS TO SIT IN THE BIG CHAIR, MEG!
  • Der Waffle MousDer Waffle Mous Blame this on the misfortune of your birth. New Yark, New Yark.Registered User regular
    reading up on the voice discourse like "you'd figure people who reference Lucky Star as much as they do would know about the whole 'service voice' thing"

Steam PSN: DerWaffleMous Origin: DerWaffleMous Bnet: DerWaffle#1682
  • TNTrooperTNTrooper Registered User regular
    Haachamachamaaaa
    Looks like Suisei's channel is monetized again.

steam_sig.png
  • TryCatcherTryCatcher Registered User regular
    TNTrooper wrote: »

YouTube-kun knows what's good for him.

Haachamachamaaaa
    https://youtu.be/KiFDnfX00UQ
    La Lion to the rescue of moving chicken.

• HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    TNTrooper wrote: »
    Thank god.

• Ms DapperMs Dapper Yuri Librarian Registered User regular
    A lot of the voice discourse continues on from stuff that has happened as long as people can express individuality online and in games which is sexism and transphobia

2ohWien.png
    Tumblr | Twitter PSN: misterdapper Av by Satellite_09
This discussion has been closed.