As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Penny Arcade - Comic - Fauna

DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
edited February 2021 in The Penny Arcade Hub
imagePenny Arcade - Comic - Fauna

Videogaming-related online strip by Mike Krahulik and Jerry Holkins. Includes news and commentary.

Read the full story here

Unknown User on

• Options
    PsyraPsyra Registered User regular
    We have made a habit of calling for Exterminatus whenever the deer are anywhere within a mile radius for this very reason.

• Options
    LieutenantDanLieutenantDan Registered User regular
    One of my favorite strips. Still laughing minutes later. It's so true.

• Options
    LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    I've been playing Valheim and I'm not quite sure what phenomenon they're mocking here. I've never had a scared deer run up and lick me in the face.

• Options
    dennisdennis aka bingley Registered User regular
    edited February 2021
    Lucascraft wrote: »
    I've been playing Valheim and I'm not quite sure what phenomenon they're mocking here. I've never had a scared deer run up and lick me in the face.

I don't read it as that. Just as an asshole deer ruining the moment making asshole deer noises.

(Edit: On fourth read, maybe you're making a joke. In which case, bravo. Though I might have said "scared Great Dane".)

dennis on
  • Options
    ThawmusThawmus +Jackface Registered User regular
    Yeah the deer are just super goddamn noisy

Twitch: Thawmus83
  • Options
    LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    dennis wrote: »
    Lucascraft wrote: »

I don't read it as that. Just as an asshole deer ruining the moment making asshole deer noises.

(Edit: On fourth read, maybe you're making a joke. In which case, bravo. Though I might have said "scared Great Dane".)

It wasn't a joke. I think the third panel is what threw me off. I definitely understand the loud deer reference, but somehow the deer licking his face in panel 3 just pushed all of that out of my brain and confused me since I've never had anything remotely similar to that specific thing happening in the game. Too much focus on panel 3, not enough focus on the rest of the strip. That's my problem.

• Options
    DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    It's not licking his face, it's in the foreground making a derpy face to go with the noise. The deer being in the foreground and blocking part of the monologue is part of the gag, the deer is breaking the beauty immersion of his experience.

What is this I don't even.
  • Options
    palidine40palidine40 Registered User regular
    edited February 2021
    Deer do make noise, but not normally that noise (but they can) and not nearly that often. They also don't fucking run around like a family circus map drawing either.

palidine40 on
  • Options
    IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    The deer remind me of having neighbors with barking dogs.

• Options
    Giant SloarGiant Sloar Registered User regular
    Living in the midwest I've had many quiet walks interr-HUUUURMP. As I was saying, the noises are always somewhere behind me as if the deer are saying "GTFO Human!"

• Options
    RatherDashing89RatherDashing89 Registered User regular
    In Pennsylvania we have the majestic Rocky Mountain Elk (long story) and their glorious call: https://youtu.be/wxfQw80zL0A

• Options
    dennisdennis aka bingley Registered User regular
    In Pennsylvania we have the majestic Rocky Mountain Elk (long story) and their glorious call

I swear that horny bastard shows up on half of our conference calls. Audio only.