As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Music] Makes the World Get Down

• RedTideRedTide Registered User regular
    The Hold Steady have a new album out!

I bounced so hard off of Heaven is Whenever I think I hit low orbit and never came back.

The two times I saw them before that were really great however.

RedTide#1907 on Battle.net
    Come Overwatch with meeeee
  • JuggernutJuggernut Registered User regular
    edited February 23
    I've been on a hip hop kick and anyway here's Lupe Fiasco and Gizzle with a song about rappers getting kidnapped by aliens and its great

Juggernut on
    BlackDragon480
  • PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    RedTide wrote: »
    The Hold Steady have a new album out!

I bounced so hard off of Heaven is Whenever I think I hit low orbit and never came back.

The two times I saw them before that were really great however.

That's far and away their weakest album, and it's not even close. I have a soft spot for "Hurricane J" and "Barely Breathing," but I would not mount an especially robust defense of either.

This new one isn't their best, but the song "Family Farm" is probably my favorite track they've put out since Boys and Girls In America

RedTide
  • BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    edited February 23
    Well, Lovebites have officially made it as a J-Metal band since they've now shot a video in St. Francis Xavier Cathedral in Meiji-Mura:

BlackDragon480 on
    First they came for the Muslims and we said...NOT TODAY MOTHERFUCKERS!
  • DiarmuidDiarmuid Amazing Meatball Registered User regular
    This simultaneously amazing and depressing

Tweet from @Slate: Their classic albums are still stuck in legal limbo. Maybe the Teen Titans can save the day. https://slate.trib.al/DvNQbOh

Oh man I really dig De La Soul and now I need to find and watch this TTG episode.

• DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    Found a deathcore band that're a buncha fuckin weebs whose band name and entire first album are all about the anime Berserk. And this song from their upcoming album seems to also be about it. I like them, they're very energetic and their breakdowns are dope

V0iJ9AS.png
    Peas
    It's rainy (on my weekend off after being beautiful and sunny on the two days I had to work) so I've got a rainy day roots playlist running.

Bask in the moody acoustic mellowness. Have a cigarette. Stare longingly out a rainstreaked window.

Narbus
    Discovered a Morrowind-inspired tech metal album. Giving it a listen through and I'm enjoying it so far

V0iJ9AS.png
    PeasBlackDragon480
  • DepressperadoDepressperado I just wanted to see you laughing in the pizza rainRegistered User regular
    everyone, Tusk is a really good album.

I can't believe I've never listened to it, Rumours has been one of my favorite albums since I was a boy

• PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    everyone, Tusk is a really good album.

I can't believe I've never listened to it, Rumours has been one of my favorite albums since I was a boy

I watched their concert film the other night. They were all older when it was filmed, but it was still QUITE clear they could all barely stand each other.

And yet it was still great, because so many of their songs are just unconquerable behemoths

BlackDragon480
  • PeasPeas Registered User regular
    The Adventure of Kohsuke Kindaichi (1977) Soundtrack - The Mystery Kindaichi Band ミステリー金田一バンド 1:13:05

I have been getting pretty good recommendations from Youtube of channels uploading banging old japanese soundtracks from the 70s recently

• BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    And now for something slightly more chill than I normally post:

Peas
  • autono-wally, erotibot300autono-wally, erotibot300 love machine Registered User regular

This is an older video of Peter Pringle singing the epic of gilgames, in sumerian

it seems peter pringle now put out a whole album "which consists of 14 songs inspired by the works of 12th and 13th century Persian Sufi poets"

I really like this man's style

kFJhXwE.jpgkFJhXwE.jpg
    PeasDarmakBlackDragon480
  • jgeisjgeis Registered User regular
    New St. Vincent, the first track off her upcoming album "Daddy's Home."

NarbusMidnitePeas

This is an older video of Peter Pringle singing the epic of gilgames, in sumerian

it seems peter pringle now put out a whole album "which consists of 14 songs inspired by the works of 12th and 13th century Persian Sufi poets"

Pretty sure I've seen the first video before, and it's rad! Glad to see the guy is still making interesting music!

V0iJ9AS.png
    Peasautono-wally, erotibot300
  • jgeisjgeis Registered User regular
    edited March 4

The Wiggles cover Tame Impala's track "Elephant."

jgeis on
    Crippl3Peas
    (Mother Earth's) Plantasia -- Mort Garson (1976) Full Album 31:!8

Tracklist:
    00:00​ Plantasia
    03:24​ Symphony For A Spider Plant
    06:04​ Baby's Tears Blues
    09:08​ Ode To An African Violet
    13:14​ Concerto For Philodendron & Pothos
    16:24​ Rhapsody In Green
    19:52​ Swingin' Spathiphyllums
    22:54​ You Don't Have To Walk A Begonia
    25:29​ A Mellow Mood For Maidenhair
    27:51​ Music To Soothe The Savage Snake Plant

It's nice for humans too

Dee Kae
    edited March 6
    I've been playing this song on repeat for the night.

Never paid much attention to Rainbow Kitten Surprise but if any of their other songs have this kind of sexy acid jazz vibe I'm gonna have to dive in a little deeper.

Edit: maybe not acid jazz per se but that flangey sounding "hey" they throw in between the chorus really reminds of that kind of groove.

Juggernut on
    PeasKana
  • Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    Nikki Kaelar a.k.a. Varien is an internationally acclaimed electronic music artist and film composer

she has recently come out as trans

this is a teaser for her upcoming album

RCmKIvs.gif
    indie_winter on PS4 | 3034-4093-8537 on Switch
    Peas
    Toshiya Sukegawa (助川敏弥) - Bioçic Music: Four Seasons (バイオシック・ミュージック「四季」) (1994) [Full Album] 1:02:25

Just came across this and it's a very nice album to relax and sleep to

• CrazodCrazod Registered User regular
    Moar Sylvan Esso to celebrate their WITH LOVE vinyl coming out.

Midnite
  • TaminTamin Registered User regular
    had an idle spotify question:

When I use the website / tablet app, under "good morning" and "recently played" there are a couple things I've only queued up once (and then weeks ago); is there a way to remove them?

I downloaded the desktop app and clicked the triple dot, but nothing jumped out at me. Same with the right-click menu on the website. Can't seem to manipulate them at all on the tablet.

• Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    the saga continues

RCmKIvs.gif
    indie_winter on PS4 | 3034-4093-8537 on Switch
    BlackDragon480
    On the truck they apparently looked at the Pussy Wagon from Kill Bill and decided it was too tame.

• autono-wally, erotibot300autono-wally, erotibot300 love machine Registered User regular
    Darmak wrote: »

Pretty sure I've seen the first video before, and it's rad! Glad to see the guy is still making interesting music!

He even made a follow up to the epic of gilgamesh video!

GILGAMESH LAMENT FOR ENKIDU

kFJhXwE.jpgkFJhXwE.jpg
    DarmakBlackDragon480
    edited March 12
    As someone that's been playing guitar for just over 24 years and a fan of Steve Vai for longer than that, this about broke me:

Perhaps I can transition my Strat into a coffee or end-table for my living room.

BlackDragon480 on
    NaphtaliPeas
  • ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    Over a month ago I ordered two disco compilation CD's.

Last night they finally arrived.

For under twenty dollars I now own 11.5 hours of disco music.

Pretty jazzed about it, all together.

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
    Dee KaeMidniteBlackDragon480Gvzbgul
  • Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    edited March 14
    It's certainly not new music but I'm so excited to finally own this on vinyl I have to share. Clearly I didn't spring for the $150 extreme ten record version but I'm still super excited to have Wildflowers on record. Even the three record version is pretty great looking.

unvag79sgdis.jpg
    s0o9e9xs44n0.jpg

Lindsay Lohan on
    TallahasseerielBlackDragon480Xaquin
  • TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    I love Tom Pettys music

Xaquin
  • StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    Wildflowers is probably his best album, in my estimation

Full Moon Fever's got all the hits, but as a full album, an altogether affair, it's Wildflowers

Lindsay LohanMidniteXaquin
  • Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    It's easily one of my five albums I'd take to a desert island. It was also one of those albums I knew I needed to have on vinyl when I started to collect. Unfortunately, the price made that impossible until the recent reissue.

• LuvTheMonkeyLuvTheMonkey High Sierra Serenade Registered User regular

Molten variables hiss and roar. On my mind-forge, I hammer them into the greatsword Epistemology. Many are my foes this night.
    STEAM | GW2: Thalys
    NaphtaliBlackDragon480
    edited March 14
    va1ue - Missing (ft. 中村さんそ Nakamura Sanso) 2:40

• Illustration by 诡异童话:
    Picture → https://www.pixiv.net/en/artworks/758...

Peas on
    Im listening to Judas Priest and I'd just like to take a minute to appreciate the lyrics here
    Faster than a laser bullet
    Louder than an atom bomb
    Chromium plated boiling metal
    Brighter than a thousand suns

Just fucking incredible. A master work of lyricism.

"How fast is he?" You, a rube and a simpleton ask.

"Faster than a laser bullet." Rob Halford, a transcendent poet and thinker replies. He stabs you in the face with the 18" steel spikes on his shoulder pauldron like you deserve.

ZonugalBlackDragon480Crippl3Kana
    The entire Painkiller album is basically a fist to the face and said fist is wearing one of those spiked gloves from the 1970's Rollerball and I love it so.

So Brand of Sacrifice, that weeby band whose single I posted earlier on this page, released the album that that single is from recently and I can't stop listening to it. Here's two more singles I somehow missed that also released before the album did

V0iJ9AS.png
    Peas
  • BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    that album is delicious peas

BahamutZERO.gif
    Peas