As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Mass Effect] Ah yes, "sequels". We have dismissed this claim. Tag spoilers for newbies!

• SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular
    Pinnacle Station was fine...apart from that one challenge that's bugged so you don't get the time extensions correctly

7qmGNt5.png
    D3 Steam #TeamTangent STO
  • Just_Bri_ThanksJust_Bri_Thanks Seething with rage from a handbasket.Registered User, ClubPA regular
    I'm not going to lie, I cheated on Pinnacle station just to complete it quickly.

...and when you are done with that; take a folding
    chair to Creation and then suplex the Void.
  • BRIAN BLESSEDBRIAN BLESSED Maybe you aren't SPEAKING LOUDLY ENOUGHHH Registered User regular
    I mean if what they said was true and the source code was corrupted I assume it would probably take more work to basically remake that content from the ground up compared to a multiplayer component based on a more modern iteration of Unreal Emgine 3 that hasn't had any signs of the same issue

• OrcaOrca Also known as Espressosaurus WrexRegistered User regular
    Sorce wrote: »
    But why do that when they can resurrect Pinnacle Station with the improved gameplay/graphics instead?

(Or make PS multi-player.)

Because Pinnacle Station was a mistake.

A horrible horrible mistake that should never be inflicted upon anyone ever again.

One that only people suffering from Stockholm syndrome would ever wish to ever experience again.

We're here for you, Source.

You two just made me realize something: Pinnacle Station was the original Armax Arena.

Thanks, you just ruined Armax Arena :(

• OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    Orca wrote: »
    But why do that when they can resurrect Pinnacle Station with the improved gameplay/graphics instead?

A horrible horrible mistake that should never be inflicted upon anyone ever again.

One that only people suffering from Stockholm syndrome would ever wish to ever experience again.

You two just made me realize something: Pinnacle Station was the original Armax Arena.

DLC that involves multi-wave fighting in an arena and swank living quarters to call your own? Yeah, Citadel's Pinnacle Station 2.0 in some ways. Didn't you know?

• StrikorStrikor Calibrations? Calibrations! Registered User regular
    Armax lets you charge around while your krogan buddies laugh and incinerate things, though. That helps a lot.

• HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular

Don't worry Armax is part of the Citadel DLC and thus can do no wrong.

• evilthecatevilthecat Registered User regular
    I didn't think Pinnacle Station was as bad as you're all making it out to be.
    What am I missing?!

tip.. tip.. TALLY.. HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
  • DHSDHS Chase lizards.. ...bark at donkeys..Registered User regular
    speaking of cheating.

odds on they actually patch Lorik Qui'in?

i hope not, he's my favorite NPC, certainly the most helpful

"Grip 'em up, grip 'em, grip 'em good, said the Gryphon... to the pig."
    evilthecat wrote: »
    I didn't think Pinnacle Station was as bad as you're all making it out to be.
    What am I missing?!

Did you not play it on Insanity?

• SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    The most amusing thing for me in Pinnacle Station is that on my Insanity run, I opted to use the SuperArmor. For those that are unfamiliar, it's a set of school bus-yellow light armor with 70k shields.

Still almost died in the final fight.

(Arguably better apartment reward too.)

sig.gif
  • Just_Bri_ThanksJust_Bri_Thanks Seething with rage from a handbasket.Registered User, ClubPA regular
    I turned on god mode and gave myself the dev weapons.

...and when you are done with that; take a folding
    chair to Creation and then suplex the Void.
  • manwiththemachinegunmanwiththemachinegun METAL GEAR?! Registered User regular
    Based off of random Dragon Age trailers and Bioware's love of, "hot, sexy, subversive, RPG MOTHERF*****!" I always imagined this would be the overall experience.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J8k2DwKnL2o

Except more shipping.

• klemmingklemming Registered User regular
    I don't recall Pinnacle Insanity to be too hard. But then I always made sure I had Barrier, along with a fast enough recharge that I could always recast it the moment it went down, so damage was something that happened to other people.

Nobody remembers the singer. The song remains.
    klemming wrote: »
    I don't recall Pinnacle Insanity to be too hard. But then I always made sure I had Barrier, along with a fast enough recharge that I could always recast it the moment it went down, so damage was something that happened to other people.

It was the final battle, the last wave that was the utter complete bitch. The last wave was buffed to hell so they took a lot to down and they dealt a shitload of damage.

• DeadfallDeadfall I don't think you realize just how rich he is. In fact, I should put on a monocle.Registered User regular
    klemming wrote: »

It was the final battle, the last wave that was the utter complete bitch. The last wave was buffed to hell so they took a lot to down and they dealt a shitload of damage.

I found the missions in Pinnacle where you had to kill to keep the timer going absolutely impossible with all the shield regen and immunity. That was the only thing on my Insanity run that I had to bump down.

7ivi73p71dgy.png
    xbl - HowYouGetAnts
    steam - WeAreAllGeth
  • DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    I knew I would never play ME1 on Insanity when I bumped the difficulty up just for fun and literally took a minute to kill a stunlocked enemy cause his regen was outpacing my damage.

• SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    edited March 2021
    In ME1, Neural Shock drops any biological enemy in one hit other than Krogans, but that's because of Immunity, so for them it takes two hits. It's only available to Engineers and Sentinels... until you get the achievement for using it, then it can be a bonus skill for any of the other classes.

Sorce on
    sig.gif
  • htmhtm Registered User regular
    Not an April Fool's Day joke: GARRUS BODY PILLOW CASE.

• [Expletive deleted][Expletive deleted] The mediocre doctor NorwayRegistered User regular
    htm wrote: »
    Not an April Fool's Day joke: GARRUS BODY PILLOW CASE.

Would suggest this for Cambiata, but she already has Strikor, so it seems a bit superfluous.

Sic transit gloria mundi.
  • AlexandierAlexandier Registered User regular
    Long enough to meet your reach, squishy enough to provide flexibility.

• htmhtm Registered User regular
    Alexandier wrote: »
    Long enough to meet your reach, squishy enough to provide flexibility.

But only after very thorough calibrations.

• StrikorStrikor Calibrations? Calibrations! Registered User regular
    Woah a pillow case with a mirror. That's weird.

• ArteenArteen Adept ValeRegistered User regular
    What upgrades, the game looks exactly as I remember!

(it's looking great)

• DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    Lol I forgot ME1 grenades were disc.

Which completely defeats the purpose of grenades 😆.

• JazzJazz Registered User regular
    edited April 2021
    I may have been drooling. Want it NOW.

Edited for emphasis on the right bit and to remove ambiguity (I always wanted it).

Jazz on
    Dragkonias wrote: »
    Lol I forgot ME1 grenades were disc.

Which completely defeats the purpose of grenades 😆.

In the future we don't NEED indirect line of fire man! Don't tell me what to do!

They're held up by mass effect fields! Obviously!

...right?

edited April 2021
    Actually the weird thing on that note is the Normandy dropping clearly arching "bombs" on air support runs in ME3 despite having no such weapons cataloged in its armory.

Human warships explicitly use mass accelerated solid munitions, hypervelocity matter beam projectors, and guardian lasers for point defense. Fighters, gunships and smaller craft may use rockets and missiles, but it's not a primary weapon in the ME verse.

manwiththemachinegun on
  • SproutSprout Registered User regular
    Actually the weird thing on that note is the Normandy dropping clearly arching "bombs" on air support runs in ME3 despite having so such weapons cataloged in its armory.

Human warships explicitly use mass accelerated solid munitions, hypervelocity matter beam projectors, and guardian lasers for point defense. Fighters, gunships and smaller craft may use rockets and missiles, but it's not a primary weapon in the ME verse.

Mass effect fields.

Air quotes.

A wizard biotic did it.

edited April 2021
    Sprout wrote: »

Same article as on the EA/Bioware blog, but well worth a read.

Jazz on
  • CarpyCarpy Registered User regular
    The ME1 combat side by sides are impressive, so much smoother in the legendary edition.

• FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    I wonder if they add abilities to ME1

• danxdanx Registered User regular
    Those changes sound great especially the lava change. That's for people like me. People who can't drive for shit in games.

• cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    Looks like they put a LOT of effort into making this a more unified and better experience without changing too much about what we loved about the series. Good on them!

Switch: 3947-4890-9293
This discussion has been closed.