As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Dropmix!

1789101113»

• Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    If anyone has Fuser on Steam, Intel is giving away free codes for the Donut Pack cosmetic DLC: https://game.intel.com/giveaways/fuser-donut-squad-theme-pack-giveaway
    You have to own the game on Steam to redeem the code, which I don't, so here's mine if anyone wants it:
    Loading...?

• AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    It appears that the donut squad pack is mostly just decorations/emotes, not music itself. I also can't tell if it is part of the VIP version of the game. Still, free is free!

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • SleepSleep Registered User regular
    edited March 2021
    Yeah pretty sure that's all cosmetics.

Also this game is hard as heck, I can manage 3 stars on every level but getting past that is a challenge, I can't even get 5 stars on the first level for some reason it stays capped at 27,100 points. it just seems to be the max i can ever get.

Also also i definitely just lost an hour to fuckin around in freestyle

Sleep on
    The DLC this week is HOT

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EW6jSe_Fcmw

can't wait for the incredible Vengabus mashups

• AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    OMG, why did I put off buying this game for so long?!

Sure, it has the timing elements of traditional Harmonix games. But I feel so giddy, making my DJ and just dropping stuff. Of course I went in for the VIP pack, so now I gotta see how to get the rest of the game's stuff properly. Also got it on PC So there should not be any issues with compatibility in the future, fingers crossed.

QMYjZ2Mh.png

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
    First venue down, onto the second.

The way they keep throwing stuff at you (I just added muting and solo'ing), is insane. Now that I know the game rewards rapid-fire changing of disks with insane precision, I don't think I'll ever get 5 stars on anything. :)

But man, when something clicks...

Yeah 5 stars requires absolutely perfect downbeat or pickup drops for every single move even the extra drops you're throwing in to pump crowd score. I haven't even been able to 5 star the first set yet.

Holy shit I finally 4 starred something other than the first song

edited March 2021
    Oh God... I didn't realize that the instruments would require me to actually... PLAY the instruments! Seems like they don't do a ton in campaign for points, and of course playing them with a mouse is very tough compared to a real touchpad, but... I'll live. :D

Edit: I keep coming SO close.

HLCk1Cql.jpg

Edit 2: This is just fucking mean!

fZNAsTWl.jpg

Athenor on
    https://www.fuser.com/en-us/news/article/3563

Next live set event starts March 29th, and if you hit the minimum score requirement you unlock the song Doki Doki Summer Days from Dropmix, one of the best ones

I feel a little weird at that, having weekly events have songs/content behind them. Like suddenly I fear I'm gonna miss something.

We've already missed stuff

I just accept that's likely to be the case on a regular basis. Im hoping they either repeat some rewards or just offer to sell them to me later.

• crimsoncoyotecrimsoncoyote Registered User regular
    They sold the pre-order bonuses later on, so I'm hoping they do the same with these other ones

FUSER
    @FUSERgame
    We're excited to announce FUSER #TwitchDrops! 🥳

Join us for the first item drop NOW with @DJTyrant at #PlayFUSER

Link your account now: https://fuser.com/TwitchDrops

Link your game accounts to your Twitch account, and you can earn in-game stuff for watching FUSER on Twitch, first stream just started.
    Unfortunately, it's available for everything EXCEPT SWITCH, which of course is what I own the game on ugggggggggggggggggggh :rotate:

• BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    Yeh, switch over here too booo

I *barely* scraped through 2 stars in the live set on my first (and only, so far) attempt, and managed to hit 50k points for the song. It didn't seem TOO out of reach despite feeling behind a good portion of it.

• DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    This game is really hard?

edited April 2021
    DarkPrimus wrote: »
    This game is really hard?

Devastatingly hard is where I'd put it, this thing challenges a whole bunch of fuckin mental faculties all at once in a pretty crazy way. As opposed to other rhythm games where you play to a uniform song and just need to hit a memorable pattern there basically isnt a totally memorable pattern for any set. You've got knowable milestones and stuff in the set but you could literally change songs and what songs and instruments and effects are available for every playthrough. The requests are what make it fuckin wild because the requests are never the same twice so each set is unique because the requests come semi randomly to just wrench your flow by making you remember music facts about every record in your deck. Cause we need vocals from the 70s before the timer (which is tied to BPM if i'm not mistaken) runs down. I'm also bad at rhythm games so I have shakey drops in every song, especially because you have to keep making interesting drops to keep the crowd energy up. In addition to hitting the milestones and filling the requests. Also it's much more fun when you actually manage to make a fun song and not just a point fulfilling wall of horrible sound so that racks your brain the whole time too.

Oh also there's no difficulty knob as far as I can tell. The difficulty knob is literally whatever set it is you're playing. They get progressively harder with more functions to handle as you progress.

Sleep on
    One thing that may help is that when you get multiple audience requests at once, they frequently (usually, even?) can both be fulfilled by a single track.

I agree it can be really difficult. There's SO MUCH to juggle. I think prioritizing the goals in the bottom-right is probably more important than the audience requests in the center? Each pip in the goals equates to a single bar I believe, which took me a long time to figure out.

I particularly enjoy freestyle though, where there's none of that pressure and I can just mess around with what I think might sound alright.

• metaghostmetaghost An intriguing odor A delicate touchRegistered User regular
    Just started playing an hour ago and on Bignums stage.

What’s cracking me up is how the gameplay is a like a radically expanded iteration of the Hostess Club minigames in Yakuza. Haven’t hit on too many great combinations, but they’ve done a great job of structuring the introduction of mechanics. I tend to get focused elsewhere and miss requests, but I think that’ll get easier if I take the time to organize my crate.

If it helps, a couple things I've learned in my short playtime:

1. The game really does reward variety. Mixing up your tracks and such is fine, but don't forget your other tools, like instruments and effects.
    2. You can rearrange your songs that aren't mandated. If you can, try to minimize the variables, which will help with the crowd requests.
    3. If you get 2 at once, it is always a combo possibility. I swear I've only had like 1-2 that i couldn't find the combo they were looking for.
    4. Once you've done a requirement for the allotted time, you are no longer beholden to maintaining it. The game is MUCH more difficult on faster BPMs, because you don't have time to think. So slow it down.

Yeah there's definitely a slight strategy game to play in building your deck to manipulate the requests

• metaghostmetaghost An intriguing odor A delicate touchRegistered User regular
    Finished up the campaign. Tried to enter a battle, but I guess there aren't too many Novice Battlers out there, so I just sat in a queue for 10 mins.

Feels like there should be some tutorial "challenges" of sorts that explicitly run you through some of the extremely complicated control sequences needed to achieve certain things. As much as later stages expect you to make use of the various functions, I think it'd be good to have a Rock Band style practice room that lets you loop through specific sequences of actions.

Also: I really wish there were sort commands for your crate and that you were allowed to shift the position of prescribed records.

Holy dog shit this live show with the one time use discs is bonkers i can't get through any commands because you have to use effects to keep the crowd up and it's kinda unintuitive for the switch.

metaghost wrote: »
    Finished up the campaign. Tried to enter a battle, but I guess there aren't too many Novice Battlers out there, so I just sat in a queue for 10 mins.

Feels like there should be some tutorial "challenges" of sorts that explicitly run you through some of the extremely complicated control sequences needed to achieve certain things. As much as later stages expect you to make use of the various functions, I think it'd be good to have a Rock Band style practice room that lets you loop through specific sequences of actions.

Also: I really wish there were sort commands for your crate and that you were allowed to shift the position of prescribed records.

Yeah, best you get is to click on them and shift them around. I kind of wonder if that's what the snapshots feature is for - to make some of your favorite song components so you can get to a menu of them really fast.

It should be noted that events can be tried as much as you want. I don't think Freestyle shows you if you are hitting good/perfect on your drops, but it can definitely help with just getting the muscle memory built up.
    Sleep wrote: »
    Holy dog shit this live show with the one time use discs is bonkers i can't get through any commands because you have to use effects to keep the crowd up and it's kinda unintuitive for the switch.

Yeaaah. And heaven help you if you burn, say, your only horns earlier on a challenge and a request comes in for it. *cough*

Thanks to Jeremy Dooley singing the Vengabus in his latest Among Us Stream, I just bought a ton of Fuser DLC and I'm not even mad. :D

Just learned something very important:

Spamming will not get you the highest score possible!

I've been having trouble with the 1st venue's 4th set, "Up for Grabs." Just could not get the 5 stars.

Turns out, I was missing a pair of requests (and a combo) because I was spamming disk changes! When I went through to try and write up a bug report and did only the bare minimum the song requested, the requests showed up. And then I did it again, trying not to pump my crowd favorability but still get it high, and voila, I got it!

6U3CMvKl.jpg

Yeah you only need to keep the crowd meter above a certain point. It gets pinged throughout the song and having a good score gets you 400 points. Hitting all of those checkpoints with good gets you the crowd score. It's usually just above the halfway point for getting a good I think. Im not even sure you need to end with a full crowd gauge

Sleep wrote: »
    Yeah you only need to keep the crowd meter above a certain point. It gets pinged throughout the song and having a good score gets you 400 points. Hitting all of those checkpoints with good gets you the crowd score. It's usually just above the halfway point for getting a good I think. Im not even sure you need to end with a full crowd gauge

Nah. It goes 400/1200/1600 (if maxed) so it isn't a ton of points, though it depends on the individual song. Getting perfect drops is far more important due to the difference in points ( a perfect will get 1500).

The crowd meter doesn't start dropping on you until the 2nd venue, but you have a lot more tools then to bump it back up at that point as well.

2 free DLC songs this week, they look like new Harmonix originals since I can't find anything on the artists

FUSER
    @FUSERgame
    Hatching this THURSDAY are 2️⃣ DLC songs as FREE as a bird. Hatching chick

Multiple musical notes "Una Noche Más" | La Guerra Naranja
    Multiple musical notes "The Night Porter" | Winnage

https://fuser.com/news/article/3685/ #PlayFUSER

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6BStPeceo4k

vip treatment is one of the best levels of this game I've played, like once you get past the exploding disk problem and make your plan for the sequence there's a lot of space for fun in the set, I greatly appreciate the ending as well. Having tubthumping to sprinkle into the set helped a bunch.

Okay now I actually like the exploding disks it makes the song flow much more interestingly. You can't accidentally forget to change your baseline or vocals for 3 repeats, kinda wish I could set up a number of bars before my disks explode in freestyle with infinite disks.

more free Harmonix tracks this week

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HsM9XLscfwg

Oooh Parabola teased?

All of May's DLC got announced: https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2021/04/fusers_next_dlc_adds_new_tracks_from_billie_eilish_the_cure_soft_cell_and_more
    They're doing a themed month, called Flavour Of Love, and the tracks are:
    • Billie Eilish “Therefore I Am”
    • The Cure “Friday I’m In Love”
    • Dirty Vegas “Days Go By”
    • Disclosure ft. Sam Smith “Latch”
    • Haddaway “What Is Love”
    • J. Cole “No Role Modelz”
    • Soft Cell “Tainted Love”
    • Some Lover “Days Ahead, Days Behind”

Alongside those is a the Faint Shadow Loop Pack 01, a free set of loops and samples inspired by the character Faint Shadow from the campaign, first in a series of Promoter Packs.

I love the commitment to including a healthy mix of meme tracks. :)

New update today:
    https://youtu.be/JSouK-Lj1bE

They've added The Diamond Stage, a 24/7 stage for players to play live shows for up to 250 other players in-game to watch, along with a livestream on Twitch and Harmonix's social media accounts. Using a new currency called Diamonds, (which you can only earn by playing, no mtx) you can book a 30-minute time slot for you and up to 3 other people. The price varies based on the popularity of the slot, so stuff like Friday nights or primetime will be more expensive than other slots. There's also the Diamond Shop, where you can spend your diamonds to unlock cosmetics and new songs, including items that were previously exclusive to events.
    Also they redid the profile pages and the Mixes section, to make them way more useful. Mixes has both recommended mixes and category sorting now.

edited May 2021
    Oh, and they brought back Twitch Drops: https://twitch-link.fuserwebservices.com/
    Register on that page, then watch the Diamond Stage stream or the official Fuser stream for 2 hours before June 2nd and you get the Alligator costume for free.

And the Diamond Stage 24/7 stream is up now:

Crippl3 on