As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Android: Netrunner and Project Nisei

• PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    Within the month, I think. They're starting to release small spoilers each day this week, probably next week for bigger spoilers, then early march for the release date.

There was a tweet earlier in the month...

And that the Q1 target was still in the plans. So I'd assume the start of the most holy of seasons, SCOOPS SEASON, will kick off at the start of March when the timer runs down. (We havn't had any actual new scoops yet from Gateway, just Update stuff.) A couple of weeks of showing off new cards, and then the release mid/late March.

persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Dis'Dis' Registered User regular
    Yeah it will not be later than the end of March.

• AnzekayAnzekay Registered User regular
    It's still amusing to me that NISEI's two primary internal writing staff atm are both on these forums

• AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    That Quetzal is just awesome. :D I would share them far and wide on these forums if it were me.

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    Fuck it. I'm getting out my netrunner cards and ordering the Nisei I've missed in the last 2 years.

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
    Athenor wrote: »
    Fuck it. I'm getting out my netrunner cards and ordering the Nisei I've missed in the last 2 years.

if you wait a month you can order them along with the new cards for cheaper shipping!

Anzekay wrote: »

if you wait a month you can order them along with the new cards for cheaper shipping!

Is there a preferred manufacturer? I mean, I sleeve my cards and have a decent number of promos, and of course FFG wasn't consistent in their print capabilities. But I do want to treat this as professionally as possible.

Anzekay wrote: »

Is there a preferred manufacturer? I mean, I sleeve my cards and have a decent number of promos, and of course FFG wasn't consistent in their print capabilities. But I do want to treat this as professionally as possible.

We use two different print on demand services who ship globally. Drive thru cards is best if you live in NA, and Makeplayingcards if you live elsewhere, usually.

You can find links to the storefronts at nisei.net

MPC also might be a decent option if you are going to be ordering a *bunch* of copies in one go for a playgroup, since you start getting discounts on printing them if you’re getting 6+.

persona4celestia.jpg
  • BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    I thought I heard somewhere that Nisei benifits more if you order through Drive through

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
    Yeah DTC results in more net gain for the organisation. If you're in NA I'd highly recommend buying from DTC. The shipping is way cheaper, we benefit more and the pricing is just done by raw cards rather than any sort of break point. I believe no matter how many you order DTC is always cheaper in NA.

Scoops season begins in under 12 hours! *sirens*

persona4celestia.jpg
    As a Weyland player, I love Reina. Gabriel's always been near and dear to my heart, but beggars can't be choosers. :D

edited March 2021
    It BEGINS!

The SCOOPS schedule, as well as the new Shaper console in Gateway:

March 28’th is the planned release date for Gateway and Update, although it may slide a day or two on the printers due to having to approve the physical proofs and the state of the post these days.

PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
    Been out of the game for a while, but definitely an interesting console... Works better against opponents with low point value agendas, and of course free (I assume, it's been a while) installs are very, very nice. It doesn't seem like the cornerstone of an economy though.

Been out of the game for a while, but definitely an interesting console... Works better against opponents with low point value agendas, and of course free (I assume, it's been a while) installs are very, very nice. It doesn't seem like the cornerstone of an economy though.

A stream I was watching pointed out that its nice because it works on scored and stolen, so you can potentially trigger it 6 or 7 times if they are running Hostile Takeover or similar.

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

Brody wrote: »

A stream I was watching pointed out that its nice because it works on scored and stolen, so you can potentially trigger it 6 or 7 times if they are running Hostile Takeover or similar.

True. Definitely favors a more aggressive shaper, it seems.

• tzeentchlingtzeentchling Doctor of Rocks OaklandRegistered User regular
    It's a very good intro console as well. Aside from the possibility of interesting combos that opens up with off-turn/instant speed installs, getting credits back for something that will usually happen anyway is always nice to have. It also makes a player think about timing and scoring windows, and whether to install something using a click or hold it in hand and wait for the opponent to score, giving you a free action.

For example, your opponent install-advance-advances a card in a remote (denoted "IAA"). You're not sure if you can get in to access the card, but maybe you have an icebreaker or R&D Interface in hand. If you play them on your turn, your opponent could take their next turn and shore up defenses on R&D. With Pantograph, you could hold on to the card, and if your opponent takes their turn to advance and score out the agenda, you get a free discounted install and can possibly surprise the Corp player by attacking more powerfully than they expected.

Also, its 2c for +1 mu, and it will 100% pay for itself in a game that ends on scoring.

edited March 2021
    Whoa, a bunch of fascinating rules and template changes.

Also a couple of SCOOPS, a new runner event from Gateway, and everyone's... uh, "favorite" NBN upgrade is back in Update.

Diving into the article a bit, there's two new big keyword changes to try to clean up the rules to make things easier to understand for new players.

"Interface" is shorthand for the whole classic "your icebreaker needs to match or beat the strength of ICE to interact with it," and cleans up what abilities actually NEED strength to do anything with. So they're giving the abilities that require strength (i.e. "break subs") the Interface tag to let you know, and it turns out it actually cleans up the text on a bunch of cards. The example they used was Abagnale, which no longer needs the long reminder text talking about how you don't need to match strength on the Bypass ability.

"Breach" is the equivalent of "accessing cards", and helps clean up replacement effects.

Borrowing from the article, so a successful run would look something like:

-Having passed all ice defending a server, the Runner declines to jack out
    -Paid ability window
    -Run is declared successful
    -The Runner breaches the server, accessing cards in a way appropriate to that server. For example, accessing a random card from HQ and all upgrades in the root of HQ.

And so you could do card effects now that say "instead of breaching HQ, do [ability]."

PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
    I really like it. Interface should probably be an icon to save even more room in the template and help with translation issues, but that's okay. Breach has been needed for a while.

I'm intrigued by the ruling regarding timing window changes for revealing cards in that last bit between making a successful run and accessing the server. I remember lots of confusion on whether you could rez upgrades / traps when a server didn't have ice protecting it. Interesting to see how they went, and went about fixing it.

edited March 2021
    I did some asking around, and according to Serenity one of the goals they’re working on is updating the files for the Ashes Cycle with the new rule standards so it’s a unified front with the new card frames = new rules. And there should be a upgrade pack for existing owners of that cycle on POD services eventually.

PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
    Time to make some big green as Big Green!

persona4celestia.jpg
    Soooo...

Need a set of Downfall, a set of Uprising, a set of the uprising booster, and then both System Gateway and System Update... hm.

Man, I've got jnet open, I've got a couple of decks loaded in, I've been watching streams of people playing (mostly Metropole Grid because it seems the least opaque), but the nerve to hit the last couple of buttons keeps failing me.

• Dis'Dis' Registered User regular
    Soooo...

Need a set of Downfall, a set of Uprising, a set of the uprising booster, and then both System Gateway and System Update... hm.

Nooo uprising booster is a subset of Uprising, you don't need both.

It was a special release to get new cards for worlds 2019.

Man, I've got jnet open, I've got a couple of decks loaded in, I've been watching streams of people playing (mostly Metropole Grid because it seems the least opaque), but the nerve to hit the last couple of buttons keeps failing me.

https://youtu.be/PcMHo2wInwQ

persona4celestia.jpg
    PMAvers wrote: »

https://youtu.be/PcMHo2wInwQ

Great, now I have to explain to my boss why I fell off my chair laughing.

Are you ready for some Shaper bullshit? It’s been a while.

Also word from on high is that *all* Gateway ID’s will be 40-card decks.

persona4celestia.jpg
    I like that the intro decks are all 40. Encourages a faster, more aggressive playstyle, and less resources. One of the first things I HAD to learn about this game was to cut down my deck.

As a longtime Crim player, that shaper Bullshit just... sings to me.

I think my anxiety is too high to just jump in blind, but tonight I'll maybe try jumping on the Discord and see if someone doesn't mind helping me break through that.

The scoops train continues with the new Jinteki ID.

persona4celestia.jpg
    Have I mentioned how much I love that all these identities are designed to help new players learn the game?

Have you ever wanted to run on the Wyld Side?

persona4celestia.jpg
    Man, all these story pieces are so great.

persona4celestia.jpg
    And the last of the three new runners, this time in blue.

persona4celestia.jpg
    Now, the question to ask is, "man, all these ID's actually look good, I wonder what the hell NBN is going to get?" The answers to that question, and more, are available on your Reality PLUS subscription.

Also remember back when they announced SU & SG, they announced a new format to go with it? It didn't have a name yet, but that has changed and it is now known as Startup.

persona4celestia.jpg