As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Indie Games] h o n k

• PwnanObrienPwnanObrien He's right, life sucks. Registered User regular
  • PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    Just went through the new Dead Cells DLC, hot damn the Undying Shores is the most impressively animated level yet. Motion Twin are masters of their craft.

• Zilla360Zilla360 21st Century. |She/Her| Trans* Woman In Aviators Firing A Bazooka. ⚛️Registered User regular
  • Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    ConcernedApe
    @ConcernedApe
    I'm happy to announce today's launch of Stardew Valley: The Board Game. It's been in the works for over 2 years. Read more about it here: https://stardewvalley.net/stardew-valley-the-board-game-available-now/ or visit the shop to purchase: https://shop.stardewvalley.net

• miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
  • JayKaosJayKaos Registered User regular
    I forget if I knew they got Hideki Naganuma or not but that's perfect.

Steam | SW-0844-0908-6004 and my Switch code
  • Mortal SkyMortal Sky queer punk hedge witchRegistered User regular
    Team Reptile are masters of game feel, even if I am very bad at Lethal League, and the lackluster control response in Jet Set Radio is one of that game's weaknesses (but then, what game on the Dreamcast actually handled well?)

JSRF handles better, but still is a twenty year old game, and you can't get it on anything but the OXBox (unlike JSR, which Steam hands out like candy a few times a year)

So basically I am very excited for something aiming at that niche, but with the full capacity of 2020s design refinement behind it

• TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    lethal league and its sequel are fantastic, if anyone hasn't tried them

• Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    now in Fallen London:

fogman.png

wY6K6Jb.gif
  • MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    We get it, you vape

• cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    Should have a bunch of humans crawling out of the pipe.

• Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    Maddoc wrote: »
    We get it, you are vape

wY6K6Jb.gif
  • augustaugust where you come from is gone Registered User regular
    I had heard that Treasure Tech was based on Wario Land, but I didn't realize that it was THAT MUCH based on Wario Land, holy shit that rules

may as well post this here, too

indie puzzler (and non binary centaur superstar dancer simulator) petal crash is out on android phones

Indie Games: Put Shovel Knight in everything.
    Arby's: Ok.

https://youtu.be/xGH_gIjS2u0

• BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    edited March 2021
    They dont even show the toy :|

B7CFhuN.jpg

"Doctor Knight" !

Also King Knight shooting a frog instead of a propeller rat is an actual crime.

Bedlam on
  • NeveronNeveron HellValleySkyTree SwedenRegistered User regular
    Yeah, I can see why they might not want to advertise "Plague Knight" in the middle of a pandemic.

edited March 2021
    Here's all the cheat codes btw, in case you don't want to buy a bunch of Arby's. Note, these only work on the Steam and Switch versions of the game, PS4, 3DS, and Xbox don't get any Arby's.
    A&RBYEN (sandwich beetles and drink propeller rats)
    A&RBYSK (“shovel” and “knight” text replaced with “meat” and other text changes)
    A&RBSHK (Shield Knight replaced with a sandwich in dreams)
    A&RBPLK (Arby’s food taunts)
    A&RBYBL (burger fairy)
    A&RBSPK (Arby’s health items)
    A&RBYKK (Arby’s hat King Knight)
    A&RBYS (all the Arby's stuff at once)

Crippl3 on
    Every girl want to hear those three magic words:

Arby's food taunts.

• Zilla360Zilla360 21st Century. |She/Her| Trans* Woman In Aviators Firing A Bazooka. ⚛️Registered User regular
    I don't know what drugs ACE Team are on but I want them:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eCT8H0dDEwQ

|Ko-Fi Me! ☕😎|NH844lc.png | PSN | chi-logo-only-favicon.png(C.H.I) Ltd. |🏳️⚧️♥️
    I always have a hard time keeping ACE Team and Ice Pick Lodge games from getting mixed up.

• kaceypkaceyp we stayed bright as lightning we sang loud as thunderRegistered User regular
    So I finished Bugsnax this weekend. Bugsnax is horrifying
    I had in fact spent most of the game avoiding transforming people any more than I had to because the whole thing made me vaguely uncomfortable, even though they seemed to be happy with it

But then going into the endgame I decided I might as well try to 100% things, which meant fully transforming every Grumpus. So I went ahead and did it even though it made me feel kinda gross, especially with Gramble, because doing that to Gramble is FUCKED UP

And then of course comes the reveal that bugsnax are in fact parasites and the whole thing actually is bad, and Lizbert has been mostly transformed into a giant bugsnax. At least they avoided going full broodmother with her and she had mostly maintained her sanity

And since I was going through trophies I also saw the hidden trophy for
    keeping everyone alive and was like "THEY CAN DIE???"

Thankfully everyone survived on my game. I'm curious whether survival is only dependent on defending them at the end or if it has anything to do with completing the sidequests as well.

• KupiKupi Registered User regular
    kaceyp wrote: »
    So I finished Bugsnax this weekend. Bugsnax is horrifying
    I had in fact spent most of the game avoiding transforming people any more than I had to because the whole thing made me vaguely uncomfortable, even though they seemed to be happy with it

But then going into the endgame I decided I might as well try to 100% things, which meant fully transforming every Grumpus. So I went ahead and did it even though it made me feel kinda gross, especially with Gramble, because doing that to Gramble is FUCKED UP

And then of course comes the reveal that bugsnax are in fact parasites and the whole thing actually is bad, and Lizbert has been mostly transformed into a giant bugsnax. At least they avoided going full broodmother with her and she had mostly maintained her sanity

And since I was going through trophies I also saw the hidden trophy for
    keeping everyone alive and was like "THEY CAN DIE???"

Thankfully everyone survived on my game. I'm curious whether survival is only dependent on defending them at the end or if it has anything to do with completing the sidequests as well.

About that last bit / ending of Bugsnax:
    During the final sequence, the Bugsnax are trying to force-feed themselves to the Grumpuses. If any Grumpus eats a Bugsnax while fully transformed, they'll die at the end of whatever individual defense sequence you're in. If you fully complete their sidequest chain, they'll have developed a will to live and actively defend themselves against the Bugsnax, meaning even if you let one through they'll splatter it themselves. So they can all survive either because you played the final sequence well, or because you did all the sidequests and none of them were capable of dying.

My favorite musical instrument is the air-raid siren.
  • kaceypkaceyp we stayed bright as lightning we sang loud as thunderRegistered User regular
    I thought it might be something like that.
    I definitely had a few slipped by me and I noticed the Grumpuses took them out themselves, but I wasn't sure if there was maybe a limit to how many can get through.

I was actually going to replay the endgame to see the changes if any/all die and may have tried unsuccessfully to get Wambus killed (nothing personal). It sounds like none can die in this game since I did all the sidequests, so I'll probably just YouTube it rather than replaying for now.

• DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    Bugsnax was a game whose characters had surprising emotional depth, charm, and subtlety.

text
    bugsnax fans be like “this is my favorite character it has been severely hinted that he has trust issues throughout the game and his lines before he dies is heartbreaking” and the character’s name is some shit like dingle chumbybumby

• GundiGundi Serious Bismuth Registered User regular
    Got Valheim and killed the first boss.

Odin you have me fighting a deer.

Am I just goddamn making your lunch for you I swear to... well not you, I swear at you!

• BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    Gundi wrote: »
    Got Valheim and killed the first boss.

Odin you have me fighting a deer.

Am I just goddamn making your lunch for you I swear to... well not you, I swear at you!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dB_PVPyn6n8

BahamutZERO.gif
    product_bugsnax_strabby_plush_photo6_1024x1024.png

it's bugsnax (6 inches tall, the leaf legs are posable for standing)
    https://www.fangamer.com/collections/bugsnax/products/bugsnax-strabby-plush

• MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    But when can I eat a Bunger

• PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    I've been getting into the swing of things with Paradise Killer, I rushed to get it after hearing one song (and briefly checking the premise and critical consensus) and I wasn't sure if I made the right choice at first, but I've found a groove with it.

I don't like that you have to spend crystals to both unlock and use fast travel and Lady Love Dies voice squawks sometimes feel out of place with what she's saying, but this game knows what it wants to be and I am here for it.

• AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    I've been getting into the swing of things with Paradise Killer, I rushed to get it after hearing one song (and briefly checking the premise and critical consensus) and I wasn't sure if I made the right choice at first, but I've found a groove with it.

I don't like that you have to spend crystals to both unlock and use fast travel and Lady Love Dies voice squawks sometimes feel out of place with what she's saying, but this game knows what it wants to be and I am here for it.

I turned off voices immediately, and you get enough crystals that it extremely does not matter how much you fast travel. You'll reach a "fuck it" point with fast travel and do it all the time instead of running everywhere and it will feel great.

The game's got problems but I love how ridiculous its setting is combined with how all-in they go on it.

• SyphonBlueSyphonBlue The studying beaver That beaver sure loves studying!Registered User regular
    Paradise Killer is one of the best games I've played in the last few years

LxX6eco.jpg
    PSN/Steam/NNID: SyphonBlue | BNet: SyphonBlue#1126
  • CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    Crippl3 wrote: »
    product_bugsnax_strabby_plush_photo6_1024x1024.png

it's bugsnax (6 inches tall, the leaf legs are posable for standing)
    https://www.fangamer.com/collections/bugsnax/products/bugsnax-strabby-plush

Sold out? FUCK

edited March 2021
    Xbox is running an ID @ Xbox event on the 26th, including a ton of indie announcements and reveals.

DrinkBox
    @DrinkBoxStudios
    We will be announcing our BRAND NEW GAME during this @ID_Xbox event! Police cars revolving light

It's something completely new from us, not a sequel, and we're stoked to tell you more about it!!

Next Friday See ya then! Eyes

(Drink Box Studios are the team behind Guacamelee 1 and 2, Severed, About a Blob, and Mutant Blobs Attack)

Crippl3 on
  • BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    psssh who wants to buy a game that isn't a sequel to some other game