As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

The newest action figures (and other toys) thread (NSF56k)

• CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    In Smart Doll land, Danny Choo said this:

I'm really hoping for some announcements of licensed figures this month.

I could be wrong but I think this doll in the background of one of those pictures is Barabara Gordon AKA Batgirl.

ysgkqgflkup7.jpg

It seems like he teases photos of her every time he puts out a photo set of the office, so it's got to be one of the ones he announces this month, right?!

"If you divide the whole world into just enemies and friends, you'll end up destroying everything" --Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind
  • BetsuniBetsuni UM-R60L Talisker IVRegistered User regular
    Cambiata wrote: »

I could be wrong but I think this doll in the background of one of those pictures is Barabara Gordon AKA Batgirl.

ysgkqgflkup7.jpg

It seems like he teases photos of her every time he puts out a photo set of the office, so it's got to be one of the ones he announces this month, right?!

I concur that he's purposefully leaving her in the background or somewhere to continue gauging interest. I forgot, was she one you were tempted in getting? If so maybe he's been waiting for you to afford her before making the announcement.

oosik_betsuni.png
    Steam: betsuni7
  • CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    Betsuni wrote: »
    Cambiata wrote: »

ysgkqgflkup7.jpg

I concur that he's purposefully leaving her in the background or somewhere to continue gauging interest. I forgot, was she one you were tempted in getting? If so maybe he's been waiting for you to afford her before making the announcement.

I was definitely planning to get her when she's announced. And that is nice of him to wait until I could actually afford her, considering she'll probably be a limited doll, lol.

"If you divide the whole world into just enemies and friends, you'll end up destroying everything" --Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind
  • Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    Delduwath wrote: »
    I mean that’s cooool, but I’d rather put my money towards this:

https://www.hlj.com/riobot-super-robot-wars-og-henkei-gattai-srx-set88048
    One of the problems with having this kind of dumb brain is that I don't even now what robots those are, where they're from (I guess Super Robot Wars), what the company is, really nothing... and my brain just goes "huh cool robots want".

Yeah, that's the SRX, which is formed by units R-1, R-2, and R-3 combining together. They're kinda the signature Banpresto original mecha creations for their Super Robot Wars series. The SRX even has Banpresto's logo as it's eyes/visor.

The R units are basically knock-off Gundams. R-1 is pretty much your stock Gundam, but also has Shining Gundam's Shining Finger. R-2 is more like a Guncannon with a yo-yo. R-3 is kinda like Gundam Dendrobium from Stardust Memory, a normal Gundam, but then it has a huge weapons platform it docks with, and it has "funnels/bits" the pilot controls telekinetically. And then the SRX is a super robot with laser attacks and a big sword.

Sentinel, the toy company, is typically known for their detail and high-end engineering. They usually have a lot of cool shit going on to give figures lots of articulation less obvious toy joints compared to other lines.

So yeah, them making the R units which can fully transform and combine into SRX is suuuuuuper tempting... but oof that price...

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
  • DelduwathDelduwath Registered User regular
    Hey, since we were talking about 3rd party and also about Macross, let me show you

Fans Toys Phoenix
    ldlhcwCl.jpg

This is their take on Jetfire. He was originally released in 2017, I think, but I picked up the reissue that came out last year. I was originally a little conflicted on whether or not to grab him, because he's quite big and quite expensive, and I don't really have much attachment to the Jetfire character. Also, for whatever reason, my brain just can't make peace with him being originally based on a Macross toy design; it just feels very out-of-place in the Transformers universe to me. I don't seem to have such a problem with the Transformers franchise being Frankensteined together out of Diaclone and Microchange in the first place, so maybe it has to do with Macross having a very well-defined and established presence in geek pop culture, and its Valkyries having a very distinct and specific look, as compared to Diaclone and Microchange being relatively minor things before Transformers.

Anyway, I caved because I think Phoenix looks really great, has a neat transformation, and also because I'm a sucker. Here are some more photos of him looking great.
    FHdwntcl.jpg
    MTGYVNwl.jpg

I think Fans Toys's face sculpts are especially good.
    PMwkQiUl.jpg

Jet mode:
    mVKLQESl.jpg
    FAiXW3ql.jpg
    yanbgwbl.jpg
    That metal bar on the bottom is a pretty nice touch - an unfolding die-cast brace that gives this huge toy a lot of structural support and stiffness.

It's also important to emphasize that this is a very big boy:
    z7KmiUpl.jpg
    AZEp8GCl.jpg
    ztExuOel.jpg
    lYL5ME5l.jpg
    I wasn't able to fit him on my desk, the way I usually do when taking photos of my toys, and had to get down on my kid's play mat in front of the couch.

Unlike a lot of Fans Toys's figures, this guy has very little paint on him - really just the accents. He's mostly white plastic. There actually was a more expensive, limited edition, metallic painted version of him released a while ago; it looks even better, but it's very expensive and hard to find now. Fortunately, even the unpainted iteration is really beautiful, in my eyes.

The transformation is relatively straightforward (especially by Fans Toys standards), with several clever moments - I like how the arms fold up to make a part of the fuselage, and how the chest panels swing out to the sides and compress back in. Unfortunately, there are some extremely tight tabs and transformation joints on him. The pelvis halves swing out-and-up, tab in pretty tightly, and can be very difficult to untab. The biceps collapse for jet mode and are an absolute nightmare to slide in/out - you have to apply an amount of force that definitely feels like it's past the point of "I'm gonna break this". Fans Toys materials tend to be extremely sturdy, and take rough handling well, but phew, it does not feel good.

The articulation in bot more is a little limited. No ab crunch, of course, but there isn't even a waist swivel. The limbs are fairly well-articulated, at least, and you can get a lot of personality out of him when posed. Just the finger and wrist articulation alone allow for some pretty nice, subtle expression. The backpack is pretty clean and appropriate to the character, but it is a little weighty. It can be tricky to get him standing straight, but to be fair all the joints are extremely solid; once he's balanced, he's balanced. You can nudge him backwards or forwards a bit, and his body will bend like a spring and then straighten back out. He looks pretty spectacular just looming there, large and imposing, which I think might be all you can really ask from a toy this size.

Thanks for the photos of Phoenix (and your review of him). I always wanted to see better shots of him and underneath to compare it to the cheaper Siege Jetfire toy that came out.

For those who are Voltron fans, especially the Lion version, Bandai is releasing again their DX version coming out in August. Lots of the regular US sites have sold out (except for Amazon). Big Bad Toy Store had it up again this morning but sold out as of right now.

I did see that USA Gundam Store has pre-orders up though and I bought some models from them. https://www.usagundamstore.com/products/voltron-soul-of-chogokin-gx-71-voltron-reissue

If you love Voltron. Wanted an awesome toy of it. Missed out of the childhood version and reissued version in the 90s/2000s then I so would recommend this one. Heck some even say that it is better than the old toys and the reissued version from long ago. Me, I recently bought one of the Trendmaster reissues just for the childhood desire even though I have this one.

oosik_betsuni.png
    Thanks for the photos of Phoenix (and your review of him). I always wanted to see better shots of him and underneath to compare it to the cheaper Siege Jetfire toy that came out.
    My pleasure! If there's some other angle you're interested in seeing, let me know.

I realized that I forgot to take a photo of him from behind when in robot mode, maybe I'll take one to throw onto the pile (if I remember to).

edited March 2021
    My pleasure! If there's some other angle you're interested in seeing, let me know.

I realized that I forgot to take a photo of him from behind when in robot mode, maybe I'll take one to throw onto the pile (if I remember to).

Oh yeah that and a rear shot in jet mode would be cool as well. I have to thank you for getting me addicted to the Orion Pax toy. I can't stop posing it on my desk. Right now I have him the Obi Wan pose when he faces off against Grevious.

I have to add that I got my Siege Omega Supreme and the only gripe I have with him is the rocket is way too big in base mode. The rest is perfect, but due to the way they made it transform the rocket had to be huge which is unfortunate. It sucks that I can't put him in base mode on my display shelves because of the rocket.

Betsuni on
    oosik_betsuni.png
  • Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    Funko is having their spring convention stuff online today and it seems to be going pretty smooth compared to last year's. I managed to get my hands on a Grimlock and a Spectre, the two that really caught my eye. I'm officially done with Pokemon funkos that are reusing molds. Funko has a bad habit of not listening to fans and just reusing molds in uncreative ways. Two of the exclusives this time are already released pokemon, but covered in glitter as part of the lame Diamond collection... When pokemon already have shiny recolors they could use just sitting there? I snagged a Silver pikachu for the 25th anniversary but I now have 5 pikachu funkos and a pichu/raichu. I'm done with the endless pikachus!!

Anyways I also got this and the glow is insane
    zkf9dbikskkp.jpg
    niz1rx7vlria.jpg

I'm done with the endless pikachus!!
    ...until the next one is released!

I'm done with the endless pikachus!!
    ...until the next one is released!

I was showing my friends my pokemon collection and one of them goes "you don't have the 10 or 18 inch pikachu?"

He said it just to bother me :mad:

I mean at this point you need 5 10-inch and 5 18-inch Pikachus, for parity and balance.

I'm sorry that this is how it breaks down, but that's just the math, those are the numbers, not much I can do about it.

edited March 2021
    Funko is having their spring convention stuff online today and it seems to be going pretty smooth compared to last year's. I managed to get my hands on a Grimlock and a Spectre, the two that really caught my eye. I'm officially done with Pokemon funkos that are reusing molds. Funko has a bad habit of not listening to fans and just reusing molds in uncreative ways. Two of the exclusives this time are already released pokemon, but covered in glitter as part of the lame Diamond collection... When pokemon already have shiny recolors they could use just sitting there? I snagged a Silver pikachu for the 25th anniversary but I now have 5 pikachu funkos and a pichu/raichu. I'm done with the endless pikachus!!

Anyways I also got this and the glow is insane
    zkf9dbikskkp.jpg
    niz1rx7vlria.jpg

Wow, that is almost radioactive! Also very, very cool!

Edit: I completely forgot who Morgan Stark is... and why Tony is blue in that set. Looked it up and now I remember.

Betsuni on
    oosik_betsuni.png
  • Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    Well, I ended up buying a Cobra Island Firefly for $45 and Viper for $72. I kinda hate myself, but I doubt I’ll ever find them cheaper. Even if they reissue Viper, I imagine it will be like the Cobra Trooper vs Infantry situation, where the Infantry is the non-exclusive release with less accessories and a more basic look.

Blah

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    Well, I ended up buying a Cobra Island Firefly for $45 and Viper for $72. I kinda hate myself, but I doubt I’ll ever find them cheaper. Even if they reissue Viper, I imagine it will be like the Cobra Trooper vs Infantry situation, where the Infantry is the non-exclusive release with less accessories and a more basic look.

Blah

Bummer. I figured you and the others were waiting to see if Hasbro Pulse would put them up like the Partner Exclusives they are starting to do.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    edited March 2021
    Today I was lucky enough to be able to cancel one of my pre-orders from BBTS (don't worry, there's still plenty waiting for fulfillment) and found Wave 2 of MOTU at Walmart!

I absolutely love this line, and how they feel like toys you could beat the hell out of but with some extra articulation - and without the wonky legs they had when I was a kid. I'm not set up to take photos, so here they are backed by a cardboard record shipping box and some card stock. I'm really, really happy with the line so far as you can probably tell.

I took too many pictures, but here are:

Orko: No ripcord or magic trick like when I was a kid, but the translucent stand is just awesome, and he's the figure that feels tweaked the most to lean a bit closer to his cartoon counterpart.
    5ngitlnn0amc.jpg
    pjl8ppp070s4.jpg
    p09cc8ba8lhs.jpg

Man-E-Faces: Great update. I had the original of this one too, and it's so well done. They even added head rotation along with the changing faces which I didn't expect.
    9uxfkhx4s4d4.jpg
    zkfeexn1d6et.jpg
    wwb6xr1zlqhd.jpg
    zwh1so7sjgin.jpg

Scare Glow: No one owned this one back in the day pretty much - it was at the tail end of the line and frankly most of my friends had probably aged out of it at that point. The glowing feature is super bright and he'll look great on my shelf.
    wvfa8lphe0mo.jpg
    9k3wlhjfx5q8.jpg
    t6oz2toy9ov7.jpg
    dq40h2woik9u.jpg
    lp71xrf2kgja.jpg

Trap Jaw: You know when you're a kid and there's that one figure your buddies have that you never get and you're always super jealous? That's Trap Jaw for me. I always wanted this figure and the remake is awesome. Moving jaw, swappable arms without losing articulation, and a belt to hold it all - he's just amazing and it feels unreal to own.
    qu06ed8cnfk3.jpg
    04dmx6nz9e6i.jpg
    0uqodhlnaohw.jpg
    515lb47wa0by.jpg

Lindsay Lohan on
    Those are cool! Thanks for taking photos and sharing them because I'm living vicariously through your collection. Congrats on landing that one toy that your friends had and you always wanted. I know how that feels (as I look at my huge collection of Transformers now). Even better that they made it so you somewhat can't lose the extra hands for Trap Jaw as well. Man, I had the original Orko (still do somewhere) and loved and hated him at the same time. Loved that it was Orko but hated that he had that weird gyroscope thing inside of him. The new one looks so much better with his stand so he can actually float and not bounce around on random hard surfaces (sucked on floors with grooves in it).

oosik_betsuni.png
    Those are cool! Thanks for taking photos and sharing them because I'm living vicariously through your collection. Congrats on landing that one toy that your friends had and you always wanted. I know how that feels (as I look at my huge collection of Transformers now). Even better that they made it so you somewhat can't lose the extra hands for Trap Jaw as well. Man, I had the original Orko (still do somewhere) and loved and hated him at the same time. Loved that it was Orko but hated that he had that weird gyroscope thing inside of him. The new one looks so much better with his stand so he can actually float and not bounce around on random hard surfaces (sucked on floors with grooves in it).

Orko was such an odd figure - he was basically a chunk of plastic with arms, a ripcord, and a hat that most kids were going to lose. The ball-jointed head on the new version absolutely makes the figure for me - it's surprising how much that simple change adds to him.

I have Wave 3 with Merman, She-Ra, Roboto, and Zodac already paid for and waiting at BBTS, I was just waiting to release my Pile of Loot until I had a few more figures in it. I think if I can find the two deluxe figures at Target this weekend (Ramman, Clamp Champ), I might just let them ship since the following wave hasn't really hit US stores much yet.

I also like with the line that they are making the "big hitters" pretty early on, but also sprinkling in stuff like Scare Glow and Clamp Champ who were much later in the line during its decline and are apparently expensive for the originals.

Orko was such an odd figure - he was basically a chunk of plastic with arms, a ripcord, and a hat that most kids were going to lose. The ball-jointed head on the new version absolutely makes the figure for me - it's surprising how much that simple change adds to him.

I have Wave 3 with Merman, She-Ra, Roboto, and Zodac already paid for and waiting at BBTS, I was just waiting to release my Pile of Loot until I had a few more figures in it. I think if I can find the two deluxe figures at Target this weekend (Ramman, Clamp Champ), I might just let them ship since the following wave hasn't really hit US stores much yet.

I also like with the line that they are making the "big hitters" pretty early on, but also sprinkling in stuff like Scare Glow and Clamp Champ who were much later in the line during its decline and are apparently expensive for the originals.

Oh god, the hat. We loved taking that thing off and then he was the most hideous creature ever. I think though that the ripcord of mine is somewhere in my childhood room... AKA maybe, maybe not. I almost bought an Evil-Lyn on sale since she was around $10 to see what these new figures were about. Stopped myself because I knew if I did that I'd want more. Think I need to watch the original cartoon one of these days... All these toys are making me nostalgic for the show (even though the last time I watched it I turned if off after watching two episodes).

oosik_betsuni.png
    Trap Jaw: You know when you're a kid and there's that one figure your buddies have that you never get and you're always super jealous?
    Not a figure my friends had, more something that I drooled over at the store, but: Man, I would love a modern version of a Street Sharks toy.

Yikes. A few more waves and I'm going to need to take over another shelf.

gvn0vm9uvspf.jpg

Yikes. A few more waves and I'm going to need to take over another shelf.

gvn0vm9uvspf.jpg

I can't awesome this photo enough. Ok, I could if you would take a photo of Battle Cat riding He-Man and Panthor riding Skeletor. What can I say, I was a sick kid growing up... You know, I wonder if they'll make a figure of Cringer (I honestly had to look up his name since I couldn't remember, I only remember him being a coward) with these new figures.

oosik_betsuni.png
    I aim to please, so...

oafogz0k8vf9.jpg

I aim to please, so...

oafogz0k8vf9.jpg

Thank you. My Masters of the Universe life is now complete.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    Oh hey, actually dusting!

Trying to take photos as I go so I can document them, and help decide if I'm gonna sell things.

Like this is likely going to get sold or donated:

PojtPWWh.jpg

This I haven't decided. I like the idea of a badass Beyblade (the rest of mine are gone, and I'm not sure where the ripcord for this is)

CU20PRLh.jpg

Definitely gonna sell this:

NARkZIKh.jpg

But I'd like to keep this:

Yw6zBlXh.jpg

Which, OMG... I actually managed to get it into a bag!

6zjdyc0h.jpg

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
    Athenor wrote: »
    Oh hey, actually dusting!

Trying to take photos as I go so I can document them, and help decide if I'm gonna sell things.

Like this is likely going to get sold or donated:

PojtPWWh.jpg

This I haven't decided. I like the idea of a badass Beyblade (the rest of mine are gone, and I'm not sure where the ripcord for this is)

CU20PRLh.jpg

Definitely gonna sell this:

NARkZIKh.jpg

But I'd like to keep this:

Yw6zBlXh.jpg

Which, OMG... I actually managed to get it into a bag!

6zjdyc0h.jpg

I couldn't figure out what the first one was till I looked closer. Looked it up and it looks like a Micro Machines Revenge of the Sith playset? Never knew those existed.

oosik_betsuni.png
    edited March 2021
    I got my Archibald figure in today! I'm glad I took the gamble of ordering him before I had a job.

I'm normally the sort of person who tosses the packaging as soon as I get a figure, because boxes are bulky and I bought the figures to enjoy and look at them, not the boxes. Archibald is one of those times I am tempted to keep the box, though!

The slip cover is nice, but it's not really the thing that gets me:
    jhkyzq22bunb.jpg

encfc164dyde.jpg

The fun stuff is inside here, where we get to see the whole Save Prince Horace party, including such favorites as Sexica (her class is Breasts), and the coolest dude in the room, Chadicus, unless he's in a room with the equally cool Bradicus. Dennis is also there.

25e9vx9vz984.jpg

The back has a brief description of Archibald's role in the party (it's to die and leave a gaping hole in your heart)
    e86hw33qull5.jpg

And here's Archibald in action:
    o8caxokrzpke.jpg

I did ultimately toss the package though, because we have a small house and I can't be holding on to every little thing.

Cambiata on
    I also got my Archibald and love him, though mine is staying in the box/slipcover. I also ordered the Refrigerator Senpai figure but that's probably my last YouTooz, they're cute molds but for the price you can get 3-4 figures. I do like supporting youtubers this way though so who knows.

edited March 2021
    I also got my Archibald and love him, though mine is staying in the box/slipcover. I also ordered the Refrigerator Senpai figure but that's probably my last YouTooz, they're cute molds but for the price you can get 3-4 figures. I do like supporting youtubers this way though so who knows.

Oh man, I didn't know he was selling Refrigerator Senpai. Yeah I'm gonna have to get that one too, I love ProZD.

Cambiata on
  • DelzhandDelzhand Hard to miss. Registered User regular
    Sometimes Hasbro provides an opportunity to do a 1-1 comparison and see just how good they've gotten at this. The one on the right used to be one of my favorite Primes, and now I can't see it with anything but pity.

bisnw7cluknl.jpg

Wow, that one looks really good. Also now I know how big he is since I have the Pipes version of that Optimus Prime. Hmm, I might just pick it up for a display with Omega Supreme.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • see317see317 Registered User regular
    Picked up Paleotrex a bit ago, because, hey, dinosaur skeleton that turns into robot and a pile of weapons? Sure, sign me up.

It's kind of weird really, playing with it doesn't feel like playing with a transformer. It's like something from a completely different toy line that happens to be compatible with transformers.
    I'm pretty sure it's that the steps to "transforming it" are "Take it apart, rebuild it as a robot/dinosaur".

Really, it feels more like the old Centurions toys (where they had armor and weapons that clipped onto an action figure) then it does a transformer.

edited March 2021
    see317 wrote: »
    Picked up Paleotrex a bit ago, because, hey, dinosaur skeleton that turns into robot and a pile of weapons? Sure, sign me up.

It's kind of weird really, playing with it doesn't feel like playing with a transformer. It's like something from a completely different toy line that happens to be compatible with transformers.
    I'm pretty sure it's that the steps to "transforming it" are "Take it apart, rebuild it as a robot/dinosaur".

Really, it feels more like the old Centurions toys (where they had armor and weapons that clipped onto an action figure) then it does a transformer.

Yeah, sadly that line of Weaponizers (starting from the Siege line) really are loosely Transformers since they do change from one mode to another but need a lot of taking apart and then folding then putting back together. Their main point was to allow you to add those parts to the main Transformers to beef them up (and sort of look like the Centurion afterwards). How does it look to you in fossil mode though? I'm tempted to pick one up if I see a sale on it, but not sure if I want to if it looks as weird as it does in marketing photos.

So I got the new Studio Series Jazz yesterday and man do I love his Porsche looking mode! So much so that I might actually just leave him in that mode forever. It just feels good to see him resembling a Porsche like the original toy rather than some random sports car. I'll try to remember to take photos and share them with you all.

Edit: Oooh, G2 Ramjet out of the newest Ramjet mold.
    https://hasbropulse.com/products/transformers-generations-selects-voyager-wfc-gs24-ramjet

Betsuni on
    oosik_betsuni.png
  • NobodyNobody Registered User regular
    edited March 2021
    1. Speaking of which, I’d be down for a Centurions relaunch

2. Ramjet is very pretty, I may need to get him

3. Hasbropulse has a shitty UI on mobile, the “speak to somebody” bubble covers up the price for me.

Nobody on
  • see317see317 Registered User regular
    edited March 2021
    Nobody wrote: »
    3. Hasbropulse has a shitty UI on mobile, the “speak to somebody” bubble covers up the price for me.

To be honest, I half suspect these things started out as a Centurion relaunch, then someone's kid asked "What's a centurion?" and they went back to the drawing board with their existing designs to see what other lines they could push these into.
    It seems like a cartoon I would have liked back in the day. Heroes and Villains augmenting science fiction armor with fossilized skeletons (that also turn into robots) or sci fi robots that also turn into vehicles and armor/weapon upgrades? Yeah, sign Young See up for it, and Current See up for the gritty big screen reboot.
    see317 wrote: »

Yeah, sadly that line of Weaponizers (starting from the Siege line) really are loosely Transformers since they do change from one mode to another but need a lot of taking apart and then folding then putting back together. Their main point was to allow you to add those parts to the main Transformers to beef them up (and sort of look like the Centurion afterwards). How does it look to you in fossil mode though? I'm tempted to pick one up if I see a sale on it, but not sure if I want to if it looks as weird as it does in marketing photos.

I think the fossil mode is the best of the available options. The robot mode is really lanky with bizarrely long arms and is just a pain to get standing. It's pretty clear this design started with the dinosaur fossil.
    The weapon "modes" are interesting, but it's more fun to ignore the instructions for that part and do what you want with them.
    I've currently got Warpath holding him as a giant sword and back mounted grabby arms. Can take photos after work.

Don't get me wrong, it's a pretty cool toy, and I'm really tempted to get a second one just to combine all the bits into a single robot and see what I can do with it.
    It just doesn't scratch the same itch as Transformers do, it's closer to Lego or Kreo kind of thing in play style.

Edit: I'm not alone in that, I guess.
    https://tformers.com/transformers-kingdom-paleotrex-or-hr-giger-aliens-nightmare/39835/news.html

see317 on
    They really remind me of Assemble Borg, a spin-off of Revoltech. Revoltech uses those signature clicky revolver joints, and you can basically pull their figures all apart. Assemble Borg took it to the next level where each figure is designed to be mixed with others and reassembled to make crazy creations. They're inspired by Microman/Micronauts, which of course also directly led to the creation of Transformers. It's like poetry....

I'm not sure if they're even still being made, it's always seemed sporadic, and older releases tend to get expensive. Here's an example though: https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/VariationDetails/129117

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg

There is a 3P making or hinting at a Not-Centurions.
    https://www.tfw2005.com/boards/threads/ramen-toys-centurions.1206536/

I didn't know this till that thread, but it seems whatever or whomever owns the rights to the toy line wanted it ended when Hasbro bought the rights to Kenner's properties.

I ended up pre-ordering the G2 Ramjet because it looks great in those colors.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    Weaponizors were an excuse to do all of the "drone" characters that came with citybots back in G1 and were basically just a bunch of parts you slapped together to vaugely approach being a figure. (Sixgun was literally six of metroplexes guns stuck together to make a gun-man.) Making them all able to break apart into a ton of guns and accessories allowed them to find a use for people who don't have any Titans, as well as tying into Siege's theme of modular weaponry.

They then turned the concept into Modulators as an excuse to bring back the Micromaster bases, tying in Earthrise's concept of base building.

I guess they felt they needed to continue things into Kingdom and went I'm assuming they went "We need animals that break apart, but don't look freaky when they break apart" and decided on Dinosaur bone transformers.

Weaponizors were an excuse to do all of the "drone" characters that came with citybots back in G1 and were basically just a bunch of parts you slapped together to vaugely approach being a figure. (Sixgun was literally six of metroplexes guns stuck together to make a gun-man.) Making them all able to break apart into a ton of guns and accessories allowed them to find a use for people who don't have any Titans, as well as tying into Siege's theme of modular weaponry.

They then turned the concept into Modulators as an excuse to bring back the Micromaster bases, tying in Earthrise's concept of base building.

I guess they felt they needed to continue things into Kingdom and went I'm assuming they went "We need animals that break apart, but don't look freaky when they break apart" and decided on Dinosaur bone transformers.

Ohhh, that's neat to know the history of the line. I never had any big bots growing up so didn't realize that Sixgun was literally six guns. Now I have to go look that up. Hahahaha!

oosik_betsuni.png
  • NobodyNobody Registered User regular

There is a 3P making or hinting at a Not-Centurions.
    https://www.tfw2005.com/boards/threads/ramen-toys-centurions.1206536/

I didn't know this till that thread, but it seems whatever or whomever owns the rights to the toy line wanted it ended when Hasbro bought the rights to Kenner's properties.

I ended up pre-ordering the G2 Ramjet because it looks great in those colors.

Just read up in the Centurions rights fiasco and woof.
    if Hasbro wants to remake the toys they’ll have to seek the rights from 3 entities: WB, Kirby’s family and Kane’s family, and at least one of them has gone on record saying “never going to happen”.