As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Blood Bowl] Triple Skulls Every Time

• honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    My league is going to totally reset when we can finally get together to play under the new edition. Previously, we'd let teams carry over from season to season with the redrafting rules, or start new teams if they wanted to. It turns out to be a lot of fun having a few "big fish" teams that way to add drama, plus it allows people to goof around with silly inducements. We even saw Morg N' Thorg used once or twice. Notably, inducements do seem to work, because the seasoned teams didn't crowd out the playoffs like you may think they would.

Long story short, if you're staying within the same edition of the game, I don't think you should worry about making every coach start from scratch every season. If you're moving to the new edition, things get weird and hairy.

Totally this. Our league also had always two or three divisions and at the start of the season the divisions were sorted by team value to give the new teams some time to catch up and then the divisions get reset after half the season or so and sorted by win ratio so the more successful teams play against each other. That of course changes the results maybe a bit but makes for very close last few days in the season.

• DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    edited December 2020
    honovere wrote: »
    Darkewolfe wrote: »
    I need some advice on team resets after a 12 game + playoffs season. I think we only have one team that strongly wants to carry over (the undefeated team). I considered putting in a salary cap and offering new teams 1200 TV or so to buy up, but the more I think about it the more I think it'd be better to just do a full reset, or let everyone start a new team at 1200 TV or something.

What rules version do you play with? 2016? Are you planning to change to 2020? If so then a total reset is the only thing that really works I think.

Personally I wouldn't like to discourage carrying teams over. It's a big part of the fun in a league I think.

Why does no one else want to carry over? Do they want to try different teams?

The number one player is the only player who kept his star player positionals all season essentially. He went entirely undefeated and at least three players are quitting the league after feeling what it's like to start most games at a 500TV disadvantage. I think I will take another crack at revising some redraft rules that people enjoy.

Darkewolfe on
    What is this I don't even.
    edited December 2020
    I guess I also wouldn't mind carrying my team over, but it's for the same reason. Players who didn't end the season in suffering might want to carry over, but I want to soften the blow for the other teams.

Edit: we don't have enough players to add divisions. We went from 12 to about 6 after this season.

Darkewolfe on
    Any chance someone could point me to an online summary of the new version of the redraft rules?

• Mr_RoseMr_Rose 83 Blue Ridge Protects the Holy Registered User regular
    edited December 2020
    Any chance someone could point me to an online summary of the new version of the redraft rules?
    I was gonna type it out again then I remembered I already did this:
    Mr_Rose wrote: »
    For 2020, basically, at the start of a new season you get the standard Million, plus your Treasury from last season, plus, for each W/L/D game last season you get 40/20/30k on top as your starting budget for next season.
    From that Re-draft Budget you then hire new players and staff, basically as though starting again from scratch. You can re-hire players from last season for their Current Value + 20k. Re-hired players heal Niggling Injuries on a 4+ (3+ W/apo). Players that were Temporarily Retired come back in the same way but also get to heal permanent stat loss to a NI on a 4+/3+ in the same way.
    Re-hired players come across with their complete stats including any injuries that didn’t heal and any unspent SPP.
    You keep the team name and fans, I think.

Note that you don’t actually have to re-hire anyone; you can just buy a regular starter team and blow out the rest on staff and re-rolls. Because having 8 re-rolls is actually worthwhile now.

Mr_Rose on
    ...because dragons are AWESOME! That's why.
    Nintendo Network ID: AzraelRose
    DropBox invite link - get 500MB extra free.
  • EspantaPajaroEspantaPajaro Registered User regular
    For 2020, basically, at the start of a new season you get the standard Million, plus your Treasury from last season, plus, for each W/L/D game last season you get 40/20/30k on top as your starting budget for next season.
    From that Re-draft Budget you then hire new players and staff, basically as though starting again from scratch. You can re-hire players from last season for their Current Value + 20k. Re-hired players heal Niggling Injuries on a 4+ (3+ W/apo). Players that were Temporarily Retired come back in the same way but also get to heal permanent stat loss to a NI on a 4+/3+ in the same way.
    Re-hired players come across with their complete stats including any injuries that didn’t heal and any unspent SPP.

Note that you don’t actually have to re-hire anyone; you can just buy a regular starter team and blow out the rest on staff and re-rolls. Because having 8 re-rolls is actually worthwhile now.

8rr worth of tv sounds like suicide to me . That’s a lot of tv that doesn’t actually contribute most of the time and will likely give opponents a lot of chainsaw/wizards/bribes and loners with dirty players. Especially with how important fouling looks to be now.

edited December 2020

Sorry I made you repeat yourself on this one. Thank you.

I really don't like the weighting on those redraft rules since you get SO MUCH more for wins.

Darkewolfe on
  • Ken OKen O Registered User regular
    This past Sunday I coached my 8 year old through his first half of a Blood Bowl game. We had gone over some of the rules beforehand but obviously he was learning as he went. It's hard to give someone advice when you're playing the other team. But it gave him a good taste of the game and he wants to play more.

http://www.fingmonkey.com/
    Comics, Games, Booze
    edited February 2021
    Does anyone know if Blitzbowl season 2 also comes with cards for other teams like the first one did? The product descriptions I can find are unclear on that part and the rulebook on the official site that mentions the included cards is from the original game so that doesn't help either.

never mind actually, looks like both season aren't available anywhere here anyway. Only a few really expensive ebay listings

honovere on
  • LordSolarMachariusLordSolarMacharius Red wine with fish Registered User regular
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gtbgKR2OLBc

Bugman's commercial for BB3.

That’s probably the best beer advert in the world. 8-)

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2021/03/05/blood-bowl-death-zone-opens-up-new-ways-to-play/

New Death Zone with completely overhauled mercenaries (generic stat lines plus optional skill packages) and also updated Sevens rules and probably an official 7s pitch, too

That all sounds really cool, especially the custom mercs. I’m going to assume the normal limits on mercenary numbers still apply to these guys but the ability to add a Claw-Minotaur (approximately) for the low low price of 150k for a game sounds like a good wheeze.

edited March 2021
    The stats and skills make it look like a Troll-Rat Ogre-Minotaur mix. You can use basically anything for it. Lots of conversion potential.

Weirdly the trait package gives animal savagery but still keeps bonehead.

honovere on
    Does someone know what the situation with Blitz Bowl is? Release date, at least here in Germany, was last November. But it doesn't seem to be available anywhere, neither season 1 nor 2? Is it still available in countries with Barnes and Noble shops?

It is still available in B&N shops in the US. I know I saw them on the shelves when I was at one last month. It looks like they are still in stock on their website also.

Comics, Games, Booze
  • BloodySlothBloodySloth Registered User regular
    I know it was originally a US-only product, and while it was meant to make it into European markets, I don't think the supply has ever been particularly good over there. That's just going by posts I've seen other folks make. I think it's still readily available in the states, though admittedly I haven't been in a brick-and-mortar B&N for over a year.

Ah, okay. Thanks. People here want like 80-100€ her for used versions which is a bit rich for me

These are my 8 year old's Werewolves. I did the bases for him (I still need to do the base rims), but he did all the other painting. You can also see his WIP Wraiths and some of my stuff in the background..

3buohJm.jpg

Comics, Games, Booze
    He did a pretty good job!

He did a pretty good job!

Yeah, the Stormcast they gave him at the store turned out really fantastic. I wish my first models looked as good and I was in my teens when I started. He's using the contrast paints and is doing great with them. We're a month away from his birthday and he doesn't know about all the Nighthaunt minis waiting for him.

Comics, Games, Booze
    Wait, did I never show The Krumptown Gitbashas new 2021 season uniforms in full?
    e6grmwdspt4d.jpeg

Very nice!

• BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Finally they showed off how they painted them
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4qD9DvWsmqw
    I did not know the name of the team was a phonic pronouncement of guacamole.
    I do have the team but sadly I can never play blood bowl because of how salty my brother is about the wood elves getting a team {or in his words Now!? They do new wood elves now?}
    I don't know if anyone plays it in the area either

Brainleech wrote: »
    Finally they showed off how they painted them
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4qD9DvWsmqw
    I did not know the name of the team was a phonic pronouncement of guacamole.
    I do have the team but sadly I can never play blood bowl because of how salty my brother is about the wood elves getting a team {or in his words Now!? They do new wood elves now?}
    I don't know if anyone plays it in the area either

4019e9d841f57e6d40dd5b0472c7a32a.jpeg

• BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    My brother is quite bitter about how the wood elves are in AoS. It was his fav army in warhammer so in his words it's galling what they are now pointing to things like how the lizardmen ported over and I got the army I wanted to play then [DoK}

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2021/04/08/blood-bowl-death-zone-introduces-fast-food-sponsorships-and-mid-game-mutations/

new Deathzone seems to collect all the extra rules from last season (except star players) plus new stuff plus rules for 7s

• BloodySlothBloodySloth Registered User regular
    https://www.warhammer-community.com/2021/04/08/blood-bowl-death-zone-introduces-fast-food-sponsorships-and-mid-game-mutations/

new Deathzone seems to collect all the extra rules from last season (except star players) plus new stuff plus rules for 7s

Hot damn. That's... that's going to be a dense book.

Hopefully those 10+ pages of mercenaries give a lot of proxy possibilities for old star players, too. Plus conversion potential.

Also some new mages in there I think. At least the Asur Highmage is new as far as I can tell.

We already know that at least one of the mercenary profile packs is generic monster gribbly #3 so hopefully there will be some special weapon guys, throwers, catchers etc.

Apologies for double posting but this just arrived in my feed:
    https://youtu.be/S3R4WvWrtUA

Clearly these snotlings have been praying to Khorne. Poor Ash.

I got some more info on the new Merc system.

You can take up to three from the following list and they can be further customised like in the preview on warcom

0-2 Stunties
    0-2 Linemen
    0-1 Blocker
    0-2 Ringers
    0-1 Big Guy

They don't belong to any of the races but are generic instead.

Still no new BB team. Half a year now.

• EspantaPajaroEspantaPajaro Registered User regular
    https://youtu.be/T44Sk-Vwfzk

Surprised no one has linked this yet , unless I’m blind . Not much new but it shows the new ui . I’m hoping there is an option for the bb2 ui but it’s not a dealbreaker.

• DraevenDraeven Registered User regular
    If your fouling with a black Orc your doing it wrong :pop:

Morskitter wrote "Spikes, choppas, tentacles, magic? Can't hold a candle to Sergeant Pimp here."

New Frank 'n' Stein
    5NxkfCg2Qx2ZLu95.jpg

Now part orc, or maybe troll?

Yeah, it’s a bit weird; his original names sound entirely “Empire human” to me so I gots no idea where that arm comes in unless he’s been experimenting a bit? Or maybe that crazy necromancer medic guy is his personal trainer now?

• Lord_AsmodeusLord_Asmodeus goeticSobriquet: Here is your magical cryptic riddle-tumour: I AM A TIME MACHINERegistered User regular
    I just picked up a Blorc team, tried to do something different and glued their feet to bits of sprue before putting down the stirland mud, don't know if it'll make it look more like they're on the ground or if it will just make them look like they're hovering. I guess we'll see.

Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if Labor had not first existed. Labor is superior to capital, and deserves much the higher consideration. - Lincoln
    edited May 2021
    FAQ DAY!
    New BLOOD BOWL Second Season Edition errata and FAQ document out now.

Looks like they pretty much got everything I submitted, too.

Mr_Rose on
    edited May 2021
    You can't really use any skills during a Blitz, huh.
    Got my question about what happens with unused RRs at halftime answered. The rulebook was really badly worded.

The errata could've been a list of skills that can be used when prone or stunned maybe.

Anyway. Looks pretty comprehensive.

honovere on