As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

The Cultural Event of [Blaseball]

• cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    Apparently betting is bad now? I haven't checked the numbers myself, but apparently the returns on betting are negative until ~70% odds to win. Betting on the underdog did get buffed a bit, but it's still negative returns.

• Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    Seattle's the garages
    @TheSeaGarages
    psst.

the garages TAKEOVER gig

the game band's twitch (http://twitch.tv/blaseball)

march 5th, after game 99 (end of the regular #blaseball season)

tell your friends, don't tell the game band

or whatever, we're not your boss

#thegaragesTAKEOVER

The Garages are doing a show on the official twitch channel this Friday

• Curly_BraceCurly_Brace Robot Girl Mimiga VillageRegistered User regular
    So many differences and changes, I am confused yet curious.

pfdoy5jjwpk61.png

that's blaseball, baby

• MatevMatev Cero Miedo Registered User regular
    Black Hole and Sun2 continue to infuriate me by screwing with the probabilities way more than they should, but I finally started gaining cash again last night.

Time to buy up Stale Popcorn to stem some of the bleeding.

"Go down, kick ass, and set yourselves up as gods, that's our Prime Directive!"
    Hail Hydra
  • Kristmas KthulhuKristmas Kthulhu Currently Kultist Kthulhu Registered User regular
    I've made orders of magnitude more coin from my idol (Aldon Cashmoney) getting hits and homeruns than I possibly could have gambling. Upgrade your hotdogs and sunflower seeds!

• PeenPeen Registered User regular
    To that end, I've made a bunch of coins from my idol and team performing well; what do I do with them? I could keep upgrading my inventory stuff so that my idol and team make me more coins, but then what? Buy a bunch of votes and tilt the election? Is that the real endgame?

• PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Yes, votes are the endgame. Make things happen. Preferably as strange as possible, but.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Kristmas KthulhuKristmas Kthulhu Currently Kultist Kthulhu Registered User regular
    Votes are entirely the endgame. You can get really involved with your team (I randomly selected Tigers because they're from Hades when I signed up) in the Blaseball Discord and coordinate votes or just do what seems crazy and fun.

The insane lore and communal storytelling is what I'm here for, and I've managed to get more attached to several players thanks to http://miniblaseball.surge.sh/

Which teams/players are you all championing or idolizing?

• JayKaosJayKaos Registered User regular
    I'm liking the new concesssions setup, having to pick between what you're getting coins for or what bits of the game you can throw votes at is a good way of having to pay more attention.

Plus the expanded stats lets me more easily check which of my players has more fingers.

Steam | SW-0844-0908-6004 and my Switch code
  • MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    I am ride or die Garages forever

Right now my idol is still the Pitching Machine, but I haven't really dug into any of the new mechanics yet

• JayKaosJayKaos Registered User regular
    edited March 2021
    I went with the NY Millenials at the start because they had the most insufferable name, bounced my idol around a few times depending on who was doing better - Thomas Dracena or Sandie Turner.

I really want to make my idol NaN but their stats are fuck-awful so I'd never get any coins.

E: Also something's happening right now and I don't know what.
    E2: Nope that's fuck-huge

JayKaos on
    Steam | SW-0844-0908-6004 and my Switch code
    edited March 2021
    And we're now officially in the Expansion Era.

Edit: Holy shit the Crabs got relegated.

Polaritie on
  • MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Wait, the Crabs are back?

And appear to the only team with ballpark stats atm.

• LasbrookLasbrook It takes a lot to make a stew When it comes to me and youRegistered User regular
    All the new teams have 3-4 championships too.

Core Mechanics is a pretty solid name

The Tigers fans immediately noted the existence of Persephone Splotter on the Worms... 👀

• rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    The Atlantis Georgias

The Crabs are gone from Blaseball2, as you'd expect. The Blagonball is gone too.

• PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    The Atlantis Georgias is a name so good I am sorely tempted to switch away from my beloved Breckenridge Jazz Hands.

Their motto, "You Sink, We Swim" is also very good

I’ve been a Garage since season 2 and I’ll die a Garage.

I swap around pitcher idols depending on the matchups. Currently with everyone’s favorite protagonist Jaylen Hotdogfingers while she’s pitching for the Fridays.

Also the Big Garage is canon now and I couldn’t be happier. Looking forward to building into a proper place next week

Hail Hydra
  • Curly_BraceCurly_Brace Robot Girl Mimiga VillageRegistered User regular
    Can someone explain to me the teams which are in each league with a 0-0 record? Some of them are new, I can see that, what's their deal?

Can someone explain to me the teams which are in each league with a 0-0 record? Some of them are new, I can see that, what's their deal?

It's the event that folks were talking about earlier, a flood happened which caused new* teams to show up. They aren't playing until next season.

*Well 3 of them are new, the Crabs are back from Blaseball 2, guess they weren't playing well enough

One might say they washed up on our shores.

(Also, the Blaseball patreon had had expansion teams as a goal, so, surprise!)

Hail Hydra
  • MegaMan001MegaMan001 CRNA Rochester, MNRegistered User regular
    The Atlantis Georgias is a name so good I am sorely tempted to switch away from my beloved Breckenridge Jazz Hands.

Their motto, "You Sink, We Swim" is also very good

My Chicago Firefighters limped into the playoffs with a traditional Chicago .500 mediocrity that is just stamped into Chicago sports teams at creation (looking at you, Bears.)

But in the first game against the wings our outfielder, Joshua Butts, was murdered by an umpire.

Can't get blaseball.com to load go find out how the series ended.

I am in the business of saving lives.
  • PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    Seems like shit would have to get pretty wacky to keep the Tigers from walking away with this season. But that will be their third championship, which should lead to fun stuff

• rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    Crippl3 wrote: »

It's the event that folks were talking about earlier, a flood happened which caused new* teams to show up. They aren't playing until next season.

*Well 3 of them are new, the Crabs are back from Blaseball 2, guess they weren't playing well enough

The fans who didn't change from the crabs built a stadium and forced their way back.

There's a Garages Concert on Twitch that started about 15 minutes.

they just teased official Blaseball merch and music coming from iam8bit yay

edited March 2021
    https://www.iam8bit.com/collections/vinyl/products/blaseball-vinyl-soundtrack
    oh shiiiiiit it's a Garages 2x LP album that comes with actual Blaseball cards. 1 card included with the album, you can also add-on packs of 5 cards for $7 each
    web_storeicon_BLASEBALL_VINYL.png

EDIT: A digital version of the album is also up for preorder on bandcamp https://thegarages.bandcamp.com/album/discipline

Crippl3 on
  • shalmeloshalmelo sees no evil Registered User regular
    It took 12 seasons of struggling, but my Fridays finally had their first winning season and got into the playoffs the old-fashioned way. (their other trip came in season 9, when they got picked as the Wild Card despite having a worst-in-blaseball 21-78 record)

Steam ID: Shalmelo || LoL: melo2boogaloo || tweets
  • MegaMan001MegaMan001 CRNA Rochester, MNRegistered User regular
    The Fire carried Chicago sports proud.

Luck into a playoff berth at 0.500 and lose in the first round.

Still, the motto "We are from Chicago" is the most on brand perfect thing I've seen next to the Atlantis Georgia's.

I am in the business of saving lives.
  • LasbrookLasbrook It takes a lot to make a stew When it comes to me and youRegistered User regular
    Seems like shit would have to get pretty wacky to keep the Tigers from walking away with this season. But that will be their third championship, which should lead to fun stuff

Finally got around to checking the book (it's not appearing on mobile for me since the postseason started), and the section about ascension is crossed out, I think it was a one time deal.

• XeinosXeinos Registered User regular
    edited March 2021
    iirc there's now a thing about the team evolving or something at three championships

Xeinos on
    Evolution is a Decree; only the one with the most votes from the entire community goes into effect (I believe), and will only become active once the postseason is over. I personally think evolution is likely to win just because folks want to see what happens when the Tigers likely take their 3rd championship.

I'm not investing votes this season because there are fans with thousands of them banked and mine are unlikely to make a difference.

I do find it hilarious that both Wildcard teams made it to the second round of playoffs, and one is going into the third. There was a very scary series of Tigers vs Wild Wings in the second round where WW had an insane pitcher two games in a row and the WW led 1-0 after the first game, but Tigers had Hiroto Wilcox pitch a shutout in their second game and the WW just don't have the batting capacity to keep up.

There haven't been many incinerations or crazy happenings like the Snackrifice this season, but hopefully that will change with the new teams and stadia coming down the pipe.

Tybault Applesmith
    @T_Applesmith
    #Blaseball Season 12, Day 1: Magic Vs. Moist Talkers

Chorby Short is a blessing and a gift
    (Tweeter is a random artist)

Dang that batter for the Tigers, "Usurper Violet," has a cool name.

Oh my god, I just looked at Nagomi's stats. That's ridiculous.

Polaritie wrote: »
    Oh my god, I just looked at Nagomi's stats. That's ridiculous.

there's a reason she's been #1 idol for forever