As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Legends of Runeterra]: Enjoy Early and Evening Engagements in this Excellent Expansion

1939495969799»

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    Well Shurima sort of has cards on every spectrum, whereas Targon didn't really have any good aggro cards, and Bilgewater didn't really have any good control cards. Shurima's spread across the deck archetypes a lot broader so no matter what you want to play you can go "oo i wonder how Shurima does"

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    wonderpugwonderpug Registered User regular
    Coinage wrote: »
    I was not expecting to be so tilted by the Shurima combat tricks. All they do is attack with vulnerable, give +3/+1, and lol zhonya's. At least I still haven't lost to the Emperor's Deck yet
    Enigmedic wrote: »
    I didn't really realize it at first but the ladder really smacks you down a ton of rank at the end of the season. I went from like diamond 2 down to gold 2. I'm only back up to plat 2 now. Also this is the list I've been running with. Could probably use some tweaks but for now it's pretty fun and working well.

CMCACBAABYAQIBYNAMAQACI5FUCAGAAFAYFQ4BABAEABUAICAAAQCAYAA4BAIBYQNQBQCAIAA4AQGAANAECAAAQ
    I'm surprised you made it to plat 2 with that, it looks insanely clunky. I even played a few games and got bricked so hard by the kadegrin and broodmother, you rely on Egghead for your late game.

I've played maybe 5 rounds (low-mid plat) and I've been having good luck with Enigmedic's deck. There's a lot of flexibility since the buffing cards work great for either Fiora or Shyvana, so if one of them gets nuked it's no problem to switch to the other, or to just switch to pure dragon attacks. Egghead hasn't been a late game card all for me, he's played out more as an early staller and a guarantee that I've got some dragons in my hand for later.

• Options
    CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    edited March 2021
    Yeah that's what I mean, you play Egghead for board and then hope he gives you big cards. It's bad if you get unlucky, but not as bad as drawing a 9 mana card you literally never get to play.

Coinage on
  • Options
    EnigmedicEnigmedic Registered User regular
    I was not expecting to be so tilted by the Shurima combat tricks. All they do is attack with vulnerable, give +3/+1, and lol zhonya's. At least I still haven't lost to the Emperor's Deck yet
    I didn't really realize it at first but the ladder really smacks you down a ton of rank at the end of the season. I went from like diamond 2 down to gold 2. I'm only back up to plat 2 now. Also this is the list I've been running with. Could probably use some tweaks but for now it's pretty fun and working well.

CMCACBAABYAQIBYNAMAQACI5FUCAGAAFAYFQ4BABAEABUAICAAAQCAYAA4BAIBYQNQBQCAIAA4AQGAANAECAAAQ
    I'm surprised you made it to plat 2 with that, it looks insanely clunky. I even played a few games and got bricked so hard by the kadegrin and broodmother, you rely on Egghead for your late game. I switched it to Bannerman with Jarvan instead CMCACBAHBUBAIAAIBYCAGAAFAYFQ4BIBAAAQSGQ5EAAQCAQAAEBACAYAAMAQIAAC

The broodmother pretty consistently underperformed. The aegis was also kind of meh even though it did win me some games. I took both of them out for a couple cataclysms. I've only played a few games but they have been pretty good. I aggressively mulligan for my early drops. Having kadegrin early can suck but it's kinda that way with every decks top end. There's enough card draw though to smooth it out. The kads are kind of important against celestials and pack you bags though, so I can't bring myself to cut them.

• Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    edited March 2021
    I know fiora/shen is all the rage, but fiora/frostbite feels pretty good too. with chilled steel and single combat you can level fiora real quick to the point that I had two people quit because she was leveled on turn 3, and two more games where I killed their nexus with her by turn 5

Jars on
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    That fiora freeze deck is so annoying. It counters basically all the decks I play. I imagine it basically autoloses to any SI deck that can just run the 7 Mana kill spell.

Also I originally put the judgement into my deck for the lulz with fiora, but that thing has been doing work. Both with fiora for the insta win or with dragons to eat their board and get big. I feel like 90% of people don't even think a serious deck would play it, then they get blown out.

Enigmedic on
  • Options
    Holy shit Three Sisters means they just never stop freezing you Jesus Christ

• Options
    edited March 2021
    That fiora freeze deck is so annoying. It counters basically all the decks I play. I imagine it basically autoloses to any SI deck that can just run the 7 Mana kill spell.

Also I originally put the judgement into my deck for the lulz with fiora, but that thing has been doing work. Both with fiora for the insta win or with dragons to eat their board and get big. I feel like 90% of people don't even think a serious deck would play it, then they get blown out.

actually SI decks can be very easy because they put out a bunch of 1/1 units and fiora really likes challenging spiderlings when she's got a chain vest on. you're much more likely to lose because they blast your fiora and you don't happen to have a potion of iron or whatever on hand. and if your fiora does get killed, well, there's always a screeching dragon with regenerate

Jars on
  • Options
    No more sand warriors, please

• Options
    shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    No. More sand warriors please!

• Options
    ChaosHatChaosHat Hop, hop, hop, HA! Trick of the lightRegistered User regular
    The sand warrior animation could definitely be sped up, and one questions why it needs to happen at all if it's not hitting the nexus.

• Options
    ChaosHat wrote: »
    The sand warrior animation could definitely be sped up, and one questions why it needs to happen at all if it's not hitting the nexus.

This entire expansion feels like it went overboard with the animations.

• Options
    I really liked the lower key stuff, like a good Darius whirlwind or something, the whole "here's a cinematic!" is a bit muuuuuch.

• Options
    As far as shit I've been playing, been goofing around with variants of Shurima overwhelm, using Noxus or Freljord as the second. Noxus seems real paper thin but it has funnier combos/bigger blow outs. The frel version feels a bit more consistent to me but I kind of don't think it's a super strong archetype. It invites blowouts one way or another and I feel it's very vulnerable to the sequence in which you draw cards. You need the right mixture of vulnerability givers and tramplers to get there.

• Options
    Moridin889Moridin889 Registered User regular
    I would pay money for a skip animation button

• Options
    emotes are tied to decks, so you can't use them in any sort of labs or expeditions or anything

what kind of idea is that?

• Options
    Mongrel IdiotMongrel Idiot Registered User regular
    I made some tweaks to my 5+ Power Noxus deck using the new cards. Bloody Business was an obvious choice, and I threw in Whispered Words to add a bit more gas. Both made a really big difference. The deck was vulnerable to stalling out before, but Bloody Business makes activating reputation pretty trivial. Right around the time the deck starts to sputter, reputation hits, and between Whispered Words and Trifarian Assessor I can get moving again.

I'm glad they added this stuff. The Noxus deck is fast and fun, and it's nice to pump it up to a bit more potent.

• Options
    edited March 2021
    Jars wrote: »
    emotes are tied to decks, so you can't use them in any sort of labs or expeditions or anything

what kind of idea is that?

You can set your loadout in any mode. They are just set separately for each deck or mode. So if you start up a lab you gotta set your loadout in the lab for the lab.

shryke on
  • Options
    Moridin889 wrote: »
    I would pay money for a skip animation button

You'd still have to wait for the opponent to finish watching. I'd just like to be able to concede and get the hell out during it. Also the concede animation should be much shorter.

• Options
    I made some tweaks to my 5+ Power Noxus deck using the new cards. Bloody Business was an obvious choice, and I threw in Whispered Words to add a bit more gas. Both made a really big difference. The deck was vulnerable to stalling out before, but Bloody Business makes activating reputation pretty trivial. Right around the time the deck starts to sputter, reputation hits, and between Whispered Words and Trifarian Assessor I can get moving again.

I'm glad they added this stuff. The Noxus deck is fast and fun, and it's nice to pump it up to a bit more potent.

Grapplr was playing a version of this deck and it did look fun. Reputation comes so fast if you build for it. He was basically blowing out a ton of games by putting so many big hitters on the board the other player couldn't build up anything in time and then finishing them off with some reputation cards.

• Options
    Mongrel IdiotMongrel Idiot Registered User regular
    shryke wrote: »

Grapplr was playing a version of this deck and it did look fun. Reputation comes so fast if you build for it. He was basically blowing out a ton of games by putting so many big hitters on the board the other player couldn't build up anything in time and then finishing them off with some reputation cards.
    I've been surprised by how straightforward it is to get Reputation going, though in retrospect I shouldn't have been. I saw strike for 5 damage 4 times and was like "buh? won't the game just be over if I do that?" but didn't factor in just how quickly blocking can drive it up. Like you say, you have to build for it, but it's a very achievable target.

And a fun target, too. Big units wailing on each other is a fun time: it's nice when the game rewards you for doing something you want to be doing anyway.

• Options
    I've been running into a ton of the fiora freljord decks. So annoying. I don't think I've beat one once. Frostbite as it turns out is rough.
    Haven't been seeing as many ledros decks though which is nice. Saw a ton of people playing trundle/liss last night. Also not the greatest matchups for me. The mistwraith deck a bunch of people are running is annoying too.

Kindred seems bad. Maybe it's just the matchup but i have a really good win rate against it.

I just hope the power creep doesn't end up going too far. A lot of the new cards are pretty strong, and some are much better than I thought at first glance. Like the 6/4 trample spell shield is annoying af.

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    reputation is kind of a dull keyword but i like the life it breathed into the half-theme noxus had in the base set of 5+ units

it's maybe the best mechanic they've made for reaching back to use old cards so far

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page